DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)

Go down 
+86
23Punk
ral
angryjohnny27
mja271
BereasaTGA
Forum Owner
jonnyz83
kappanera
No Retreat
bigbug
The Angry Johnny Revue
lo
brunswick18
Rizz
Hasler09
TheEmptyBones
The_River
matkins
'49mercury
Prisoner
Hirti
Vibes
pepperedham
Keele
jzancan
Tincan Sailor
BKO5950505
HorribleCrowe
flannel
Asmith1912
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
mingus
Zach_Edelman
Thunder Peel
33RPMHero
BossTime
jensomniac
bt211
Shrewsbury_Stars
Roe
mely88
big blue
TGAFAN25
jonester
FrankieG
cdala
crutchfield
Jaws
zerb012345
Anya_TGA
bringiton_ty
_rebekka_
Joe Thumb
sjoy89
Jerseyrain
SirBrad
CapedAvenger
saraM87
rotmitweißenpunkten
rumham
Ghost
Yozzy
simo
RobertODonnell
enola
Labhras
Debonair
SammyHutchison
HolyBreakOfDay
Harbortown
borrowedcar
Jack
JimmyB
NeverTrustAJunkie
thomas94
The Last Jukebox Romeo
cmigs
Hanswurst
Steve70s
CluckyB
eagles1139
DeathoftheCool
StitchesOnTheRadio
Christophe
njguy99
steady now steady now
90 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 5:16 am

As long as the new songs are more American Slang than Handwritten! affraid 
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 5:39 am

The Last Jukebox Romeo wrote:
Christophe wrote:
I believe Brian said that they have booked studio time in February to record the new album so I'm guessing Brendan O'Brien was talking about the album being recorded in January/February. This is how they have worked for the past two albums so I'm guessing they will do the same. Obviously I would love it if it was to be released in January but I guess it will be unlikely.
Yeah I'm pretty confident they'll be recording it around then to rather than actually releasing it.
Recording is February. Expect the release in July again ala Handwritten
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 5:42 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:
The Last Jukebox Romeo wrote:
Barresi wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:
i bet halloween is to the next album what biloxi parish was to handwritten
Most likely.

And I don't really mind about it being a fan club song but still being heard on the next album. That way fan club subscribers got to hear one of their new songs a year or so in advance, and that's enough for me.
and with that beautiful vinyl that no one else will have.
seriously. im surprised at how angry and entitled people are getting about the fan club and song in particular. they wrote it, they can do whatever they want with it haha
I think it's a bit unfair to call some of us "entitled" because we expressed that we'd be bummed to lose that "exclusivity" if Halloween was released on the next album. It's not like you can't get the song as it is anyway. Given that the fanclub didn't exactly give us all that much for our $25 bucks (which I'm not complaining about, I get it, it's new), and that the song basically went up on the internet as quick as expected (not their fault), it just feels a little like "What did I pay this money for again?" Basically all your left with is a "sense" of exclusivity, but putting it on the album would officially eliminate that. I'm just saying that's the perspective some of us are coming from. And of course it's their song, no one's telling them what to do, we're saying what we "hope" they'll do.  

That said, I agree with the idea of keeping it exclusive only for a period of time because obviously there's nothing to be gained by fans never having access to certain songs. But I still think it'd be better as a bonus track or a single simply because I selfishly want to keep spots open on the album for even newer music! I love Biloxi Parish but I found myself skipping it when I was listening to Handwritten for the first 100 times. It just felt odd to have this song I'd been listening to for the last year stuck in the middle of a bunch of songs I was hearing for the first time. I'm much rather have a new song in it's place. But whatever, ultimately I can't complain, all that matters is that it's good music Smile
i feel that. it'll be interesting to see what happens. i'm sure the band hasn't even come close to deciding. i like the bonus track idea, i think halloween definitely deserves a re-recording High Five 
Back to top Go down
FrankieG
A Contender
A Contender
FrankieG

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 10:51 am

At the Shindig Festival yesterday, Brian said they aren't playing anymore shows (Except VooDoo and the other williamsburg one i assume) until the new record comes out!

This is good and bad.. I guess I will look at it as an opportunity to save for future tickets Laughing
Back to top Go down
crutchfield
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 4:30 pm

I find that exciting! That means they can focus on getting the album done. Did they seem like they were in a good mood? Hoping for something up tempo.
Back to top Go down
jonester
A Contender
A Contender
jonester

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 8:18 pm

santa     Regardless, Still hoping for a December -Jersey show. PUHHHLEASSSSSSE!
santa
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Brian says new album will be darker, ala Horrible Crowes   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 12:04 pm

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/music/index.ssf/2013/09/brian_fallon_to_perform_at_sound_select_concert_in_brooklyn.html

Quote :
...Fallon cautions fans that the next project may sound quite different — and that the experimentation he did in his moody semi-acoustic Horrible Crowes project might be a good indication of where he and his bandmates are going next.

"The band recently talked about that. They said to me, ‘Hey, that Horrible Crowes record? We probably would have tackled something like that if you’d asked. If you want to delve into that territory, we’re open to it.’

"That shocked me, but it’s great. A band like mine, we want to do everything. For us, it’s always about where else we can take it, what else we can do."
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 12:40 pm

njguy99 wrote:
http://www.nj.com/entertainment/music/index.ssf/2013/09/brian_fallon_to_perform_at_sound_select_concert_in_brooklyn.html

Quote :
...Fallon cautions fans that the next project may sound quite different — and that the experimentation he did in his moody semi-acoustic Horrible Crowes project might be a good indication of where he and his bandmates are going next.

"The band recently talked about that. They said to me, ‘Hey, that Horrible Crowes record? We probably would have tackled something like that if you’d asked. If you want to delve into that territory, we’re open to it.’

"That shocked me, but it’s great. A band like mine, we want to do everything. For us, it’s always about where else we can take it, what else we can do."
I wouldn't mind that at all!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 1:32 pm

enola wrote:
njguy99 wrote:

Quote :

I wouldn't mind that at all!
yeah,me too
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 1:33 pm

njguy99 wrote:

Quote :

To be honest I think with all the clues that have been coming out, everything that we've heard both in interviews and recent songs like Halloween, Hold you Up and Misery, we all sort of had our suspicions about this being the direction...even if subconsciously.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 1:40 pm

Wait, I thought Brian did ask if they wanted to do the Horrible Crowes songs?
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 3:08 pm

Jack wrote:
Wait, I thought Brian did ask if they wanted to do the Horrible Crowes songs?
That's what I thought too. I remember Brian saying a few times that he told them what he wanted to do and they said it didn't seem like those were gaslight songs so he's welcome to do his own thing. I can't imagine he just went off and did something else without talking to them about it. Maybe he asked them so early on that they didn't really know what he was planning and then after the fact they were like "well if THAT was what you were planning, we'd have gotten on board". I think somebody's changing their story Razz 
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 3:31 pm

Yeah I was never big on the whole "Oh these don't sound like Gaslight songs" thing....You're the frontman of Gaslight, if it's what you wanna do then it's Gaslight. Woulda loved if the Horrible Crowes album had just been the next Gaslight album and he had been like yeah it's different whatever it's what I was feeling at the time. Handwritten feels "safe" in comparison.

But yeah if that's an inspiration for Gaslight album #5 then I'm stoked.

Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 4:30 pm

Quote :
Alex [Rosamilia] played a little guitar. And Ben [Horowitz] played tympani drum on it. It’s how you should do it, I think, whenever you have something that’s away from your band. You know, "the door is always open, you guys can always come and hang out and play on it." It wasn’t, "Okay, I’m gonna go do this thing on my own and you can’t find out about it, and I don’t want you knowing about it." There are a lot of bands that are like that, and I’ve seen it cause a division between people. I don’t want to take away my quote-unquote meal ticket, you know what I mean?

Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 4:39 pm

Elsie is my favorite album of ALL time. Another album like that would be amazing.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 5:32 pm

I think I'll wait and see
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 11:35 pm

deadspin wrote:
Quote :
Alex [Rosamilia] played a little guitar. And Ben [Horowitz] played tympani drum on it. It’s how you should do it, I think, whenever you have something that’s away from your band. You know, "the door is always open, you guys can always come and hang out and play on it." It wasn’t, "Okay, I’m gonna go do this thing on my own and you can’t find out about it, and I don’t want you knowing about it." There are a lot of bands that are like that, and I’ve seen it cause a division between people. I don’t want to take away my quote-unquote meal ticket, you know what I mean?
Yes! Thank you for finding that.

eagles1139 wrote:
Yeah I was never big on the whole "Oh these don't sound like Gaslight songs" thing....You're the frontman of Gaslight, if it's what you wanna do then it's Gaslight. Woulda loved if the Horrible Crowes album had just been the next Gaslight album and he had been like yeah it's different whatever it's what I was feeling at the time. Handwritten feels "safe" in comparison.

But yeah if that's an inspiration for Gaslight album #5 then I'm stoked.

I agree, except I think one good thing about it not having been a Gaslight record is that they didn't have any pressure on them when they made it. They brought this up in the interviews on the Troubadour DVD, they basically could do whatever because they didn't have to worry about writing a hit single. I think that benefited them creatively. But I wish they'd just play at least a few of the songs live occasionally! Maybe this next album will allow them to fit Crowes songs into the set smoothly.
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 5:00 am

if a horrible crowes style is what they are going for i am really looking forward to this record Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 11:21 am

Well I don't really understand anymore.. they said they wanted it to be a record with a lot of hits, now they say they wanna do something like the Horribles Crowes... It's not a reproach against them, it's just that it seems to me that a lot of very different things have been said about that new record...
But anyway, I'll buy it, and no matter what they do I'll be ok with it.
Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 11:40 am

I don't think there is pressure on the new record. Their first release with Mercury was a big deal, but now it's their second, they've set a benchmark with the number of copies Handwritten sold... 45 never got much radio play... There's really nowhere to go but up!
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 12:15 pm

I'm at the point where I take any of Brian's predictions with a serious grain of salt. Wasn't Handwritten supposed to sound like Tom Petty?
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 1:28 pm

HolyBreakOfDay wrote:

But anyway, I'll buy it, and no matter what they do I'll be ok with it.
That's the attitude!
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 3:36 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
I don't think there is pressure on the new record. Their first release with Mercury was a big deal, but now it's their second, they've set a benchmark with the number of copies Handwritten sold... 45 never got much radio play... There's really nowhere to go but up!
Radio play is relative to the charts.  They have a large enough following that their releases will probably peak into the Billboard top 10 depending on when it's released during the year.  For the first couple weeks, Handwritten/HCMM/45 were played on Philly's Alt. Rock station quite a bit. However, they need staying power to be around for more than a week or two.  There isn't a single song on handwritten that would make someone unfamiliar with the band say "holy shit this band is amazing."   I really feel like this is sort of make/break for them right now, there was so much hyperbole used after the 59 sound and playing with Bruce, and honestly I don't really think they've lived up to the hype.

Last edited by deadspin on Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
big blue
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 3:54 pm

I think they dropped the ball by not realeasing Mae as a single. I think they could have gotten significant radio play, even more mainstream stations.
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 6:29 pm

njguy99 wrote:
I'm at the point where I take any of Brian's predictions with a serious grain of salt. Wasn't Handwritten supposed to sound like Tom Petty?
And, as i've said elsewhere (maybe in this thread), Dire Straits.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)
Page 6 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 28  Next