DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)

Go down 
+86
23Punk
ral
angryjohnny27
mja271
BereasaTGA
Forum Owner
jonnyz83
kappanera
No Retreat
bigbug
The Angry Johnny Revue
lo
brunswick18
Rizz
Hasler09
TheEmptyBones
The_River
matkins
'49mercury
Prisoner
Hirti
Vibes
pepperedham
Keele
jzancan
Tincan Sailor
BKO5950505
HorribleCrowe
flannel
Asmith1912
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
mingus
Zach_Edelman
Thunder Peel
33RPMHero
BossTime
jensomniac
bt211
Shrewsbury_Stars
Roe
mely88
big blue
TGAFAN25
jonester
FrankieG
cdala
crutchfield
Jaws
zerb012345
Anya_TGA
bringiton_ty
_rebekka_
Joe Thumb
sjoy89
Jerseyrain
SirBrad
CapedAvenger
saraM87
rotmitweißenpunkten
rumham
Ghost
Yozzy
simo
RobertODonnell
enola
Labhras
Debonair
SammyHutchison
HolyBreakOfDay
Harbortown
borrowedcar
Jack
JimmyB
NeverTrustAJunkie
thomas94
The Last Jukebox Romeo
cmigs
Hanswurst
Steve70s
CluckyB
eagles1139
DeathoftheCool
StitchesOnTheRadio
Christophe
njguy99
steady now steady now
90 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 3:21 pm

Christophe wrote:
I believe Brian said that they have booked studio time in February to record the new album so I'm guessing Brendan O'Brien was talking about the album being recorded in January/February. This is how they have worked for the past two albums so I'm guessing they will do the same. Obviously I would love it if it was to be released in January but I guess it will be unlikely.
Yeah I'm pretty confident they'll be recording it around then to rather than actually releasing it.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 8:28 pm

Where can I find the interview with Brendan?
Back to top Go down
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 12:43 pm

I wonder if they're planning to put Halloween on the new record? They've been playing it a lot lately (thankfully), and last night at Boston Calling Brian introduced it as a "new song".
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 1:53 pm

Barresi wrote:
I wonder if they're planning to put Halloween on the new record? They've been playing it a lot lately (thankfully), and last night at Boston Calling Brian introduced it as a "new song".
I have a feeling that it will almost definitely be on the record. Also, I have a suspicion the entire album will have that sort of vibe and tone, hence why they're saying it will be 'different.'
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 7:37 pm

For the none twitter folk.

The Gaslight Anthem wrote:
Writing a new tune at the Paramount in Long Island... pic.twitter.com/VyEddzVrFH

2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 5 Image13
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 7:49 pm

Thanks for posting that Deb. I saw that earlier today, but I was on my iPod and couldn't link it.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 1:25 pm

Yeah I also saw it on twitter
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 4:45 pm

The Last Jukebox Romeo wrote:
Barresi wrote:
I have a feeling that it will almost definitely be on the record. Also, I have a suspicion the entire album will have that sort of vibe and tone, hence why they're saying it will be 'different.'
That would serve to devalue the fan club proposition further, wouldn't it? If what you're suggesting is true (and i know it's purely an "if" at the moment), rather than getting exclusive access to material, it's merely a preview.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 4:52 pm

i bet halloween is to the next album what biloxi parish was to handwritten
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 5:53 pm

Last night (and I believe in prior performances), Brian has specifically told people to go find Halloween on the internet for free. That's a bit of a devaluation of the fan club (although we did get the vinyl of it, and no one else has had access to that); but it also suggests that it won't be on the next record.
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 6:05 pm

I think it's cool he's advertising Halloween for free to fans. We got rewarded in the fan club with a sweet vinyl Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 6:08 pm

cmigs wrote:
Last night (and I believe in prior performances), Brian has specifically told people to go find Halloween on the internet for free. That's a bit of a devaluation of the fan club (although we did get the vinyl of it, and no one else has had access to that); but it also suggests that it won't be on the next record.
Maybe he's just not naive and understands that the song is very much online and want's the fans to access their music as much as possible?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 10:21 pm

He probably does just know that of course Halloween is available on the Internet of you look for it. He's not giving away links though and they did try to keep the link hidden from non club members. I'd be kinda annoyed if it was released on the next album because it would devalue the club as people are saying and Id rather get all new songs. However if they do decide to make it a bonus track or release it by itself some day I wouldn't mind that much. It'd be nice to keep the illusion of exclusivity for now though.
Back to top Go down
crutchfield
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 11:07 am

I'm just excited for a new album. Especially since the guys seem excited/inspired right now. I'm also excited that they're recording in the winter because that probably means the record would come out in the spring/early summer and I love a good summer album!
Back to top Go down
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 5:55 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
Most likely.

And I don't really mind about it being a fan club song but still being heard on the next album. That way fan club subscribers got to hear one of their new songs a year or so in advance, and that's enough for me.
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 5:57 pm

Barresi wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:
Most likely.

And I don't really mind about it being a fan club song but still being heard on the next album. That way fan club subscribers got to hear one of their new songs a year or so in advance, and that's enough for me.
and with that beautiful vinyl that no one else will have.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 6:29 pm

Barresi wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:
Most likely.

seriously. im surprised at how angry and entitled people are getting about the fan club and song in particular. they wrote it, they can do whatever they want with it haha
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 7:01 pm

I hope the song is on the album, it's too good to be exclusive to just a few.
A lot of bands nowadays release a 7" prior to a new album with 2 new songs that will be on the album, kind of like a preview, so I don't see what the big deal is. Having an exclusive vinyl is still awesome Smile
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 9:08 pm

I also hope it will be there. I don't feel that it would devalue the fan club at all. They played it for the first time at the show I went to (Boston 11-26-12) and as I recall, said nothing about the fan club, but as it being a "new one". So I'm not sure they meant it to be for the club in the first place.
This may have been brought up already, and I realize there was no club at the time, but they also played Biloxi Parish over a year before Handwritten, and it was still on the album.
If it should go on the album, I'd like to hear new vocals, and not the one used at the live show, like they did. Even if they did just put it on the way it is, it's still one of my favorites.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 9:17 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
great minds think alike
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 9:27 pm

it'd be pretty cool if they called their next album Halloween
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 9:38 pm

There is a slight difference between Biloxi and Halloween. Yes they were both played live before the album release - the key difference is Biloxi never had a "recorded" release. Any version of Biloxi before handwritten were fan rips from live streams.

Granted though you could argue Halloween was never truly "recorded" either because as people have discussed it sounds as if they took it from that one live performance and over laid some vocals and guitars.

Personally I would like to see a more proper recorded version of Halloween. The fan club version has those static pops through out. Also the levels on the song seem a lot lower than they should be. When I play it in my car I usually have to kick the volume up a bit more.

Great song - wouldn't mind a better quality version - as long as they don't change it at all from the current version.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 10:41 pm

Debonair wrote:
There is a slight difference between Biloxi and Halloween. Yes they were both played live before the album release - the key difference is Biloxi never had a "recorded" release. Any version of Biloxi before handwritten were fan rips from live streams.

Granted though you could argue Halloween was never truly "recorded" either because as people have discussed it sounds as if they took it from that one live performance and over laid some vocals and guitars.

Personally I would like to see a more proper recorded version of Halloween. The fan club version has those static pops through out. Also the levels on the song seem a lot lower than they should be. When I play it in my car I usually have to kick the volume up a bit more.

Great song - wouldn't mind a better quality version - as long as they don't change it at all from the current version.
agree
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 4:22 am

Debonair wrote:
Also the levels on the song seem a lot lower than they should be. When I play it in my car I usually have to kick the volume up a bit more.
1000x THIS! Maybe it's just me but I tend to have to turn the volume up for Gaslight anyway (particularly any song off Handwritten) but it's a marginal difference that I can deal with, but with Halloween it's ridiculous!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 4:51 am

DeathoftheCool wrote:
Barresi wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:
Most likely.

seriously. im surprised at how angry and entitled people are getting about the fan club and song in particular. they wrote it, they can do whatever they want with it haha
I think it's a bit unfair to call some of us "entitled" because we expressed that we'd be bummed to lose that "exclusivity" if Halloween was released on the next album. It's not like you can't get the song as it is anyway. Given that the fanclub didn't exactly give us all that much for our $25 bucks (which I'm not complaining about, I get it, it's new), and that the song basically went up on the internet as quick as expected (not their fault), it just feels a little like "What did I pay this money for again?" Basically all your left with is a "sense" of exclusivity, but putting it on the album would officially eliminate that. I'm just saying that's the perspective some of us are coming from. And of course it's their song, no one's telling them what to do, we're saying what we "hope" they'll do.  

That said, I agree with the idea of keeping it exclusive only for a period of time because obviously there's nothing to be gained by fans never having access to certain songs. But I still think it'd be better as a bonus track or a single simply because I selfishly want to keep spots open on the album for even newer music! I love Biloxi Parish but I found myself skipping it when I was listening to Handwritten for the first 100 times. It just felt odd to have this song I'd been listening to for the last year stuck in the middle of a bunch of songs I was hearing for the first time. I'm much rather have a new song in it's place. But whatever, ultimately I can't complain, all that matters is that it's good music Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)
Page 5 of 28Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 28  Next