DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)

Go down 
+86
23Punk
ral
angryjohnny27
mja271
BereasaTGA
Forum Owner
jonnyz83
kappanera
No Retreat
bigbug
The Angry Johnny Revue
lo
brunswick18
Rizz
Hasler09
TheEmptyBones
The_River
matkins
'49mercury
Prisoner
Hirti
Vibes
pepperedham
Keele
jzancan
Tincan Sailor
BKO5950505
HorribleCrowe
flannel
Asmith1912
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
mingus
Zach_Edelman
Thunder Peel
33RPMHero
BossTime
jensomniac
bt211
Shrewsbury_Stars
Roe
mely88
big blue
TGAFAN25
jonester
FrankieG
cdala
crutchfield
Jaws
zerb012345
Anya_TGA
bringiton_ty
_rebekka_
Joe Thumb
sjoy89
Jerseyrain
SirBrad
CapedAvenger
saraM87
rotmitweißenpunkten
rumham
Ghost
Yozzy
simo
RobertODonnell
enola
Labhras
Debonair
SammyHutchison
HolyBreakOfDay
Harbortown
borrowedcar
Jack
JimmyB
NeverTrustAJunkie
thomas94
The Last Jukebox Romeo
cmigs
Hanswurst
Steve70s
CluckyB
eagles1139
DeathoftheCool
StitchesOnTheRadio
Christophe
njguy99
steady now steady now
90 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 11:47 pm

I like the tone of that tumblr post haha. I don't particularly like the sound of Bob Dylan and Neil Young in Led Zeppelin but I'm sure it'll end up sounding nothing like that and more along the lines of another kickass Gaslight record.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 3:25 pm

"Now we’ve got some new ones to work on… so it begins.  Feels good to be back in the saddle.  
We’re not going to describe anything too much because we never really know until it’s done, so just know that we’re having a lot of fun trying our hands at some new songs.   We have plenty of time to work before any studio time is booked, so it’s looking good!
XXX
TGA"

Looks like the tumblr is now going to be pretty good for news.
http://thegaslightanthem.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 3:34 pm

Bob Dylan and Led Zepplin sounds....that sounds, interesting.
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 3:44 pm

haha, i had the same reaction. Not too sure but it certainly sounds different.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 5:05 pm

I don't know why, but I took those mentions as a joke.
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 5:16 pm

I was thinking about it today...for some reason I reckon this will be Gaslight's breakthrough record. Not sure why, I just have a feeling about it that I can't explain.
Back to top Go down
Yozzy
A Contender
A Contender
Yozzy

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 8:34 pm

The Last Jukebox Romeo wrote:
I was thinking about it today...for some reason I reckon this will be Gaslight's breakthrough record. Not sure why, I just have a feeling about it that I can't explain.

I had that same feeling for HW.

Maybe it's just not to be...

Sad 
Back to top Go down
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 7:05 am

Define breakthrough record? They are already getting number 1/2 chart positions with HW and playing near the top of major festivals. I think if they wanted to, they could do some arena gigs now...

I'd say they already have 'broken through' to the masses. The only level above them really is The Killers/Kings Of Leon kind of level and that happens to very few bands, and sometimes that seems to only be triggered by one massive pop single (Mr Brightside/Sex On Fire).

I'm not sure I ever want Gaslight to become that band that it becomes popular to hate because they've become massive and people go around saying "the old stuff was better, they sold out!"
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 9:54 am

Good point, On one hand I want them to be succesfull, but on the other hand, success does strange things to a lot of people.
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 12:57 pm

I know they have a lot of fans now, but literally no one where I am from has heard of them at all. I just have a feeling with the next album, everyone will know about them even without the large 'hit.' This is probably merely a personal thing I guess, I'm sure if i lived somewhere else then everyone would probably know them.
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 1:58 pm

Ghost wrote:

I'm not sure I ever want Gaslight to become that band that it becomes popular to hate because they've become massive and people go around saying "the old stuff was better, they sold out!"

Same for me.
Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 2:54 pm

The Last Jukebox Romeo wrote:
I know they have a lot of fans now, but literally no one where I am from has heard of them at all. I just have a feeling with the next album, everyone will know about them even without the large 'hit.' This is probably merely a personal thing I guess, I'm sure if i lived somewhere else then everyone would probably know them.

THIS High Five i think they are known by all the people who are a bit into the actual music scene - but totally unknown by the masses. While all my friends know Kings of Leon or the Killers they have never heard about gaslight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 3:44 pm

I dont know. Are they really big anywhere else than UK and Germany in Europe? I dont think so. I could be wrong so please correct me. Thats what Im getting of the internet. What I know that they are nowhere near "arena rock band" in Finland. Yes they could sold-out like a 1000 people club, but thats pretty much about it. And there would be about everybody from Finland that even knows the band Very Happy(yes Im exaggerating, but...). And Killers and Kings Of Leon could propably play in a park about 20000-30000. Or maybe even the Olympic Stadium these days (about 45000). I have no idea. Killers played last time for about 15000, but that was something like 2005 and KOL have not played here. Muse plays the Olympic Stadium this summer which is kinda suprising. Or Im just really lost (even more than before) on what happens in mainstream music Very Happy...
Could somebody adopt me from Germany, Netherlands, Belgium or whatever so I could see Gaslight more often (and Frank Turner, Revival tours etc...) afro ? I'm pretty stupid, act stupid and basically just do stupid stuff, but I'm kinda funny sometimes. Or then just fill the Baltic Sea with something and make a traintrack that go everywhere. Or even a highway. Baltic Sea is my worst enemy....
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 5:46 pm

Sami wrote:
I dont know. Are they really big anywhere else than UK and Germany in Europe? I dont think so. I could be wrong so please correct me. Thats what Im getting of the internet. What I know that they are nowhere near "arena rock band" in Finland. Yes they could sold-out like a 1000 people club, but thats pretty much about it. And there would be about everybody from Finland that even knows the band Very Happy(yes Im exaggerating, but...). And Killers and Kings Of Leon could propably play in a park about 20000-30000. Or maybe even the Olympic Stadium these days (about 45000). I have no idea. Killers played last time for about 15000, but that was something like 2005 and KOL have not played here. Muse plays the Olympic Stadium this summer which is kinda suprising. Or Im just really lost (even more than before) on what happens in mainstream music Very Happy...
Could somebody adopt me from Germany, Netherlands, Belgium or whatever so I could see Gaslight more often (and Frank Turner, Revival tours etc...) afro ? I'm pretty stupid, act stupid and basically just do stupid stuff, but I'm kinda funny sometimes. Or then just fill the Baltic Sea with something and make a traintrack that go everywhere. Or even a highway. Baltic Sea is my worst enemy....

Agreed. They have a sphere of influence that ranges from Philadelphia up to NYC here in the United States. On a good day they could maybe sell out a 5,000 person venue in NYC if they played a single show.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 11:38 pm

greasylake wrote:
Sami wrote:

Agreed.  They have a sphere of influence that ranges from Philadelphia up to NYC here in the United States.   On a good day they could maybe sell out a 5,000 person venue in NYC if they played a single show.  

I was chatting about this the other day with someone else. If they did like one arena show a year or every couple years in NYC and/or London and made it really special (played extra long, played rare songs, etc) it could be a cool experience and I bet they could at least come close to selling out.
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:07 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
greasylake wrote:
Sami wrote:

Agreed.  They have a sphere of influence that ranges from Philadelphia up to NYC here in the United States.   On a good day they could maybe sell out a 5,000 person venue in NYC if they played a single show.  

I was chatting about this the other day with someone else. If they did like one arena show a year or every couple years in NYC and/or London and made it really special (played extra long, played rare songs, etc) it could be a cool experience and I bet they could at least come close to selling out.

Honestly, I just don't see it. Maybe if they advertise Bruce Springsteen or Eddie Vedder as a special guest then they may be able to come close to selling out MSG, otherwise I just don't think they have the popularity to find people who would sit behind the stage, upper levels, across the arena, etc. I'm sure they would have no problem filling out a GA/Pit and the lower levels around the stage, but without any real venue intimacy it's tough to enjoy them live if you're not a big fan.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 4:19 am

I hate arena shows anyway. I probably wouldn't go to see Gaslight in one, despite how much I like them.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 4:38 am

Sometimes I look at 'likes' on Facebook to see how popular a band really is. I picked Gaslight, then the Killers and Kings of Leon, plus a few bands that have been mentioned on the board, just for comparison.

Titus Andronicus: 8,907

Dave Hause: 17,295

Japandroids: 74,169

Hot Water Music: 82,926

Frank Turner: 204,169

Gaslight: 262,286

The National: 627,723

Rise Against: 3,903,618

Pearl Jam: 7,922,991

The Killers: 8,478,955

Kings of Leon: 11,355,286

I guess my point is that although we all clearly think the world of Gaslight and think they're worthy of arenas, I'm not sure if they're quite at that point yet? I think whatever step below that is a bit more realistic. They filled up Terminal 5 three nights in a row though, so that's a good sign Smile
Back to top Go down
rotmitweißenpunkten
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 5:57 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Sometimes I look at 'likes' on Facebook to see how popular a band really is. I picked Gaslight, then the Killers and Kings of Leon, plus a few bands that have been mentioned on the board, just for comparison.

I guess my point is that although we all clearly think the world of Gaslight and think they're worthy of arenas, I'm not sure if they're quite at that point yet? I think whatever step below that is a bit more realistic. They filled up Terminal 5 three nights in a row though, so that's a good sign Smile

yeah i do that too. and i'm quite suprised, because i checked the numbers in spring or so last and they allmost havent changed for gaslight over the summer. i thought because of handwritten and the touring and hearing the songs on the radio so often, it would have exploded. but nope, same old...
i agree though, i don't think i would go to a big arena show. that's just no fun. i like it, that they are not so popular that the ticket-prices are enormous and it seems like they are popular enough to make a good living out of it... maybe a few more people in my surounding could be into them, so i have more people to go to shows with and stuff, but i made a few of my friends to get into them, so now i have them for that. in my opinion, they don't have to get bigger then they are now.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 10:25 am

This pretty much backs up my statement before....Overseas like the UK has batter music taste than the states. I basically look to who is popular in London before I check who rules New York. For example about the time Mumford and Sons became huge overseas, Lady Gaga and beiber were huge in the USA. Nuff said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 10:54 am

JimmyB wrote:
This pretty much backs up my statement before....Overseas like the UK has batter music taste than the states. I basically look to who is popular in London before I check who rules New York. For example about the time Mumford and Sons became huge overseas, Lady Gaga and beiber were huge in the USA. Nuff said.

Yeah and havent that been the case for manymany other bands. I remember Tom Morello from RATM telling that they played festivals like Pinkpop and Reading mainstage and people would go bananas(and theres some videos on youtube to prove it) and in the the States they were still playing small clubs....
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 4:29 pm

I honestly don't know how bands know when to jump from clubs to theaters to arenas. I like a band that has about 2 million more likes than the person they're about to open for.

Springsteen has just over 3 million likes, but I am guessing that this is because for the most part, his crowd is older and doesn't have a huge presence on Facebook.
Back to top Go down
saraM87
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
saraM87

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 4:24 am

rotmitweißenpunkten wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

yeah i do that too. and i'm quite suprised, because i checked the numbers in spring or so last and they allmost havent changed for gaslight over the summer. i thought because of handwritten and the touring and hearing the songs on the radio so often, it would have exploded. but nope, same old...
i agree though, i don't think i would go to a big arena show. that's just no fun. i like it, that they are not so popular that the ticket-prices are enormous and it seems like they are popular enough to make a good living out of it... maybe a few more people in my surounding could be into them, so i have more people to go to shows with and stuff, but i made a few of my friends to get into them, so now i have them for that. in my opinion, they don't have to get bigger then they are now.

What makes me sad on that list is Dave Hause!! Way more people should like him. I saw TGA/Killers at Wmebley in June and I couldnt see anyone around me who knew TGA.. I could see people in the distance lol but people just had no clue. Although I do want more people to hear them, I love that I can see them in small (ish) venues still!
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 4:11 am

Alright, facebook stuff aside, I'm pretty stoked for the album. Based on the Tumblr and what Brian's been posting on instagram, this album is getting real into 60's and 70's vibes, both on the full band rock side and also the singer-songwriter stuff. I am hoping this album is gonna be pretty weird and unusual, cuz after Handwritten I think it's time to really draw a line in the sand to show they're progressing in terms of sound. I'm hoping for a really cool mix on this one
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 8:07 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Bob Dylan and Led Zepplin sounds....that sounds, interesting.
I wouldn't necessarily read much into it. A lot of bands say things like that, then end up making an album that sounds nothing like what they say it will.

Let's also not forget that Brian himself has previous for this. Do you remember the comment about Dire Straits before he started writing Handwritten? I bet if i played someone Handwritten and then asked them to name bands it was influenced by, Dire Straits wouldn't be in the first 100.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)
Page 3 of 28Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next