DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012

Go down 
+32
saltandburn1967
hostutca
Breanne
TheContender
DiamondSinatra
JJW319
IAmDisappeared
IKeeptheDiner
StateOfLoveAndGaslight
holdsteady82
Bea
azlisa
Zapuda
NYYFAN523
Shorestyle69
Steve70s
TGAforLIFE
redheadchick
'49mercury
A_Regular
Little Eden
ral
jdc
NeverTrustAJunkie
pleasepassthesoup
big blue
damianfazz007
Zach_Edelman
Shrewsbury_Stars
brianisbae
StitchesOnTheRadio
njguy99
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
hostutca
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 5:56 pm

Anyone catch the exchange between the Fallon's at the end of the performance?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cnotemu
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 6:02 pm

hostutca wrote:
Yes it was funny! Brian said something to Jimmy and Jimmy goes, "Oh come on man!" I wonder what he said hahaha
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xripped_kneesx
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 7:40 pm

[quote="StitchesOnTheRadio"]
azlisa wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
'49mercury wrote:
HEY everyone, i was at the recording, they play 45.

It was so weird seeing them play from essentially Benny's POV.

were you wearing a blue v-neck?

yes - and i think the quotes got flipped in your post b/c what is says you said, i said and vice versa, lol.

hahaha! i was totally watching you rock out Smile High Five
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:07 pm

I asked Ian on twitter about why he didn't play on Fallon and he just tweeted me back and said "I thought it was tomorrow"

Hahaha whata nerd
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:21 pm

Breanne wrote:
I asked Ian on twitter about why he didn't play on Fallon and he just tweeted me back and said "I thought it was tomorrow"

Hahaha whata nerd

For some reason, I don't find this to be the true reason...................
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:47 pm

[quote="azlisa"]
azlisa wrote:
'49mercury wrote:
HEY everyone, i was at the recording, they play 45.

It was so weird seeing them play from essentially Benny's POV.

were you wearing a blue v-neck?

yes - and i think the quotes got flipped in your post b/c what is says you said, i said and vice versa, lol.

hahaha! i was totally watching you rock out Smile High Five

Haha, I couldn't help it. I felt weird not putting my hands in the air at the right moments but I didn't want it to come off like "look at me, i'm on tv! notice me not the band!" especially since i didn't see other people in my section doing it.

Can I also say there were so many moments where I was like ready for people to shove me, or try and cut me to get to a better spot or basically just be selfish and no one ever did of course because it's TV not a concert but after the shows this week I was so on guard it was kinda funny. I wish I'd heard the exchange between Jimmy and Brian. I did hear Jimmy say "aw c'mon man" or whatever someone else said on here. And the actress who was the guest tried to play Brian's guitar. That was funny.

Regarding Brian seeming different not just that day but since the 59 Sound days, keep in mind he has a LOT more people who want his attention now. He talks about it in the livestream if you haven't watched that. And he was wonderful in Boston and hung out for I wanna say an hour.

Chris I agree that probably isn't the real reason Ian didn't play. It's a funny response though.
Back to top Go down
Zapuda
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:24 pm

Breanne wrote:
hostutca wrote:
Yes it was funny! Brian said something to Jimmy and Jimmy goes, "Oh come on man!" I wonder what he said hahaha

Listening back to it 3 or 4 times it sounds like Jimmy said "that's the way to do it" then Brian cuts him off and it sounds like he says "sorry we didn't/couldn't do a better job" then Jimmy continuing what he was saying says "that's whats up" then responds to Brian with "..aw come on man". It's hard to hear though, so who knows.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:27 pm

Zapuda wrote:
Breanne wrote:
hostutca wrote:

Listening back to it 3 or 4 times it sounds like Jimmy said "that's the way to do it" then Brian cuts him off and it sounds like he says "sorry we didn't/couldn't do a better job" then Jimmy continuing what he was saying says "that's whats up" then responds to Brian with "..aw come on man". It's hard to hear though, so who knows.

You know musicians truly care about their music when they believe they messed up with just a one song act. I didn't think the performance was bad. I thought it was pretty good. He shouldn't beat himself up about it.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:34 pm

I got bets that Ian was separated from the group for a few minutes, then it turned into that scene from Spinal Tap where the backstage has a bunch of dead ends and weird hallways.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:36 pm

IKeeptheDiner wrote:
I got bets that Ian was separated from the group for a few minutes, then it turned into that scene from Spinal Tap where the backstage has a bunch of dead ends and weird hallways.

Haha, ok, now i have to pull out my Spinal Tap blu ray and watch it tonight. I completely forgot about that part. Hilarious!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:41 pm

Zapuda wrote:
Breanne wrote:
hostutca wrote:

I could see that fitting. I know Jimmy was very enthusiastic which I thought was awesome. I can also see Brian thinking it came out not as good maybe because he felt out of it? Sure didn't come across bad in any way though.

Also the spinal tap thing is hilarious. I bet that's what happened, haha.
Back to top Go down
Zapuda
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 10:12 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
Breanne wrote:

Hahaha whata nerd

Maybe it was something to that effect. People that were they have said Brian was obviously pissed about something, maybe Ian didn't show up due to a miss communication/understanding and it pissed Brian off.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 10:29 pm

Zapuda wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
Breanne wrote:

Hahaha whata nerd

Maybe it was something to that effect. People that were they have said Brian was obviously pissed about something, maybe Ian didn't show up due to a miss communication/understanding and it pissed Brian off.

Ian was there. He stood off to the side of the theater.
Back to top Go down
Zapuda
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 10:36 pm

Zapuda wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
Breanne wrote:

Hahaha whata nerd

That's bizarre. He played with them on Letterman so it's not like he didn't play because he's "not an official member" and they have his equipment set up, and I took his absence as the reason why the guitar mixes were so thrown off.
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 10:52 pm

Zapuda wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
Breanne wrote:

Hahaha whata nerd

Maybe he was late, they rehearse for those things right
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 10:55 pm

Zapuda wrote:
Zapuda wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
Breanne wrote:

Hahaha whata nerd

That's bizarre. He played with them on Letterman so it's not like he didn't play because he's "not an official member" and they have his equipment set up, and I took his absence as the reason why the guitar mixes were so thrown off.

yeah the equipment being set up was weird. I remember thinking, why is Brian's guitar switched with Ian's? like Brian's was closer to where Ian stands and another guitar was near where Brian stands.

Not sure if they rehearse that much for one song but maybe that was the case. Even so though, why set his stuff up then if you're not gonna have him play?
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 1:08 am

Zapuda wrote:
Zapuda wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
Breanne wrote:

Hahaha whata nerd

yeah the equipment being set up was weird. I remember thinking, why is Brian's guitar switched with Ian's? like Brian's was closer to where Ian stands and another guitar was near where Brian stands.

Not sure if they rehearse that much for one song but maybe that was the case. Even so though, why set his stuff up then if you're not gonna have him play?
And he posted a photo on twitter of Benny sitting behind the Roots drum set, so if he had time to do that before they played, then I guess he wasn't too late.
Back to top Go down
smetz224
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 1:34 am

Vocally Brian sounded great, but the mix sounds busted to me, too. Without the second guitar, they really needed to up the lowend on his guitar. It sounded too clear, if that makes sense. Also, Alex R sounded great, it was either the mix or maybe a pedal, but his guitar sound seemed to have an echo, almost like the vocal effect on T59S, didn't sound bad, just different.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 1:42 am

Breanne wrote:
Zapuda wrote:
Zapuda wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
Breanne wrote:

Hahaha whata nerd

And he posted a photo on twitter of Benny sitting behind the Roots drum set, so if he had time to do that before they played, then I guess he wasn't too late.

Yeah the audience wasn't in there for that so that had to be much earlier.

As for what Brian and Jimmy said to one another. I watched it a bunch of times now too and all I got was something like...

J: That's the way to do it
B: Thanks a lot, what's up?

And, now that I think about it, considering it's on TV and you could hear them, I doubt Brian would say something about not doing better until after the cameras were off at the very least.
Back to top Go down
hostutca
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 12:27 pm

Breanne wrote:
Zapuda wrote:
Zapuda wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
Breanne wrote:

Hahaha whata nerd

As for what Brian and Jimmy said to one another. I watched it a bunch of times now too and all I got was something like...

And, now that I think about it, considering it's on TV and you could hear them, I doubt Brian would say something about not doing better until after the cameras were off at the very least.

It did seem at first like an apology or something but watching Brian's face and Jimmy's reaction it didn't seem to be an apology. I was hoping there wasn't a problem between the studio and the band or something. Not that Brian would say something aggressive to him on live TV, just maybe some good natured ribbing over a misunderstanding... I'm clearly over analyzing a small transaction here... just love Gaslight and really like Jimmy Fallon... would hate for there to be any problem there. And of course wishing the best for Brian and the band, hope they just had a shitty week (refrigerator and all) and they aren't going through anything bigger.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cnotemu
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 12:28 pm

It really seemed like Jimmy is a big Gaslight fan too. When he introduced them he got more excited that usual, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 12:37 pm

njguy99 wrote:
I do, however, think it's legit to ask where Ian was. Any ideas anyone?

Probably checked the thread about him on here, and thought, 'to hell with that' there's apparently better than me on here, I'll let Brian know. The stand-ins probably didn't get the e-mail letting them know in time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 1:02 pm

Klown wrote:
njguy99 wrote:
I do, however, think it's legit to ask where Ian was. Any ideas anyone?

Probably checked the thread about him on here, and thought, 'to hell with that' there's apparently better than me on here, I'll let Brian know. The stand-ins probably didn't get the e-mail letting them know in time.

Ha ha Smile

Does anyone know if Ian was at the Rochester show? That might give us some sort of clue too...
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 1:15 pm

hostutca wrote:
Breanne wrote:
Zapuda wrote:
Zapuda wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
Breanne wrote:

Hahaha whata nerd

It did seem at first like an apology or something but watching Brian's face and Jimmy's reaction it didn't seem to be an apology. I was hoping there wasn't a problem between the studio and the band or something. Not that Brian would say something aggressive to him on live TV, just maybe some good natured ribbing over a misunderstanding... I'm clearly over analyzing a small transaction here... just love Gaslight and really like Jimmy Fallon... would hate for there to be any problem there. And of course wishing the best for Brian and the band, hope they just had a shitty week (refrigerator and all) and they aren't going through anything bigger.

Yeah I mean I got no indication that he and Jimmy had any issue whatsoever. I think Brian was even attempting to smile during that part haha (poor guy). They did stumble over each other verbally and I think that's it. As for whatever else is up, I just hope everything gets better soon for his sake.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 1:30 pm

For a TV performance this was great. Good work.

As for Ian, it's not the biggest stage, and as the wider public would not expect to see him with TGA, it may have been a simple case of keeping it to the basics, visually in any case. And there is no point speculating about Brian's day (everbody should be given some space, even online).
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next