DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012

Go down 
+32
saltandburn1967
hostutca
Breanne
TheContender
DiamondSinatra
JJW319
IAmDisappeared
IKeeptheDiner
StateOfLoveAndGaslight
holdsteady82
Bea
azlisa
Zapuda
NYYFAN523
Shorestyle69
Steve70s
TGAforLIFE
redheadchick
'49mercury
A_Regular
Little Eden
ral
jdc
NeverTrustAJunkie
pleasepassthesoup
big blue
damianfazz007
Zach_Edelman
Shrewsbury_Stars
brianisbae
StitchesOnTheRadio
njguy99
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:56 pm

Sami wrote:
Klown wrote:
Sami wrote:

EDIT: and a think that ive noticed a lot of people put a lot of attention towards him. Okay he is the "leader" of the band, probably nicest and funniest guy on planet and a damn good looking guy and I can say that even if I'm a guy Rolling Eyes . I just hope that people would just understand the very basic thing. He's just like us. He's had had the same problems (and still have) that we all do. Just listen to the songs.Dont do it to him what people did to Kurt Cobain(and couple of others also.)) all right Neutral ?

Christ, over-reacting much? Cobain was a junkie with major problems. As were, I'm willing to bet, a fair share of the 'others' you didn't mention. Not one fan killed Cobain, to suggest otherwise, is pure lunacy. If you can't see the difference in the two, then there's no use in trying to explain. Unless Brian moves in with Dave Hause and Matt Skiba, then I don't think there's any way to worry about fame getting to him.

Well. I knew that somebody will bring the junkie card. Well you know this guy name Bruce Springsteen. Is he a junkie? Have he ever used drugs? Have he seriously thinked about suicide? Yes. And at the height of his career and telling about when he was really really lost with his fame and all the people putting this "voice of generation" thing over his head and all that. Got to be hard. Okay, maybe kinda overreacting and Brians fame is nowhere close to that, but you never know what the future brings. He really seems that kinda guy that a lot of people can really relate. Even in a small level they are. I wansn't compering to him to Cobain, but just an example and did I say a fan killed him. Junkie this, junkie that yeayeablahblah...

And for the manicdepression thing. I might be really wrong and I'm sorry if I am, but I just have this memory that I've read it somewhere, but maybe I'm wrong...

Everyone's different, every musician is different so it's hard to compare.

That's interesting that you maybe read that somewhere. I mean, honestly I have no idea. I'm only basing my information off what I heard the man say himself. And while there are plenty of well functioning manic-depressive people out there, I feel like, from what I know of people who have it, it'd be a lot more obvious, at least if you knew what to look for. But again, I don't want to start this as a thing when we have no idea. I hate when you can't remember where you got some bit of info haha. it's frustrating.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:59 pm

so much over-reacting going on here.......WAY TOO MUCH
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 5:03 pm

Of course I will use the junkie card. Cobain was just that, a junkie. So was Staley, Hoon, the list goes on. You say you didn't compare him to Cobain, you just did....There is not one similarity in the two, at all, apart from they are frontmen, and sing and play guitar. You're looking for so much more here than there probably ever is or will be. To be able to take a 5 minute snapshot of someones life, and think you know better...

Well...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 5:04 pm

Everyone settle down, theres nothing to see...
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 5:06 pm

Sami wrote:

There really isn't. And this thread is so not talking about the actual Fallon appearance anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 5:06 pm

Klown wrote:
Of course I will use the junkie card. Cobain was just that, a junkie. So was Staley, Hoon, the list goes on. You say you didn't compare him to Cobain, you just did....There is not one similarity in the two, at all, apart from they are frontmen, and sing and play guitar. You're looking for so much more here than there probably ever is or will be. To be able to take a 5 minute snapshot of someones life, and think you know better...

Well...

Yeah whatever. I'm looking for my man, 26 dollars in my hand then...

Last edited by Sami on Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 5:07 pm

Sami wrote:

Translation= Dominated by Gordon
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 5:16 pm

So how bout that Jimmy Fallon appearance, eh? I rewatched the ones from 2 years ago and those band bench people were a lot more nuts than we were. I feel like a failure of a fan, haha.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 5:23 pm

So Shelby, how long did the whole process last? Like what time did you have to get there and what time did they let you out?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 5:28 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
So Shelby, how long did the whole process last? Like what time did you have to get there and what time did they let you out?

Haha good work helping get this back on track even though I doubt you're dying to find out this information, haha.

I got there at 2:30 and got my ticket and wristband. We were told to come back at 4 so we lurked in the gift shop until five minutes before then slowly walked to the line. At 4 they let everyone in and sorted us by section, number, band bench, etc. The taping ended a little before 6:30 I believe and they just let us out right then. Overall, not too long a process.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 8:23 pm

Zapuda wrote:
IAmDisappeared wrote:
Bri needs to chill out a little. Dunno if its the fame, pressure or intensity getting to him but his character's changed a lot in a couple of years since T59S days, hes very serious these days. Everybody's different and has a different reaction to fame, sure, but Frank Turner shows that you can be successful (i'd say hes more popular than Gaslight) and still be totally cool and accessible with folks who support your music.

It could also be with the increased fame the increased attention paid to his actions due to more people paying attention. He's a human, we all hve bad days we all take it out on the wrong people. I've met Brian five times and he has never been anything but sincere, humble, completely down to earth and came off as enjoying taking to the fans possibly more than they were to meet him. For all we know something is going on in his personal life that's over shadowing his professional life it happens.

There is no way Brian enjoys talking to the fans more than them to him. He's happy to chat a bit for sure but Im sure he'd much rather be eating his pizza on the tour bus. Still he can be moody thesd days. Lets hoppe theres nothing seriously wrong eh
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 8:46 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

Haha good work helping get this back on track even though I doubt you're dying to find out this information, haha.

I got there at 2:30 and got my ticket and wristband. We were told to come back at 4 so we lurked in the gift shop until five minutes before then slowly walked to the line. At 4 they let everyone in and sorted us by section, number, band bench, etc. The taping ended a little before 6:30 I believe and they just let us out right then. Overall, not too long a process.

No I was actually wondering because I have thought about applying for the Band Bench again and wondered how long the whole process was. I got accepted once (for the Roots) but ended up not being able to go.

I was on Carson Daly once to see Robbie Williams as part of Robbie's audience and it sounds like your experience was about the same. Except I was not expecting the scenario I faced and was nearly angry, feeling held captive. I think we waited in line for an hour then were at the taping for about 3 hours (it was an hour long show). We were only let into the studio for Robbie's part. I guess in hindsight it was cool cus I got to see Robbie (since he doesn't play in the US) and also got to be in the actual SNL studio (Carson used to film there). But it felt like FOREVER!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:42 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

No I was actually wondering because I have thought about applying for the Band Bench again and wondered how long the whole process was. I got accepted once (for the Roots) but ended up not being able to go.

I was on Carson Daly once to see Robbie Williams as part of Robbie's audience and it sounds like your experience was about the same. Except I was not expecting the scenario I faced and was nearly angry, feeling held captive. I think we waited in line for an hour then were at the taping for about 3 hours (it was an hour long show). We were only let into the studio for Robbie's part. I guess in hindsight it was cool cus I got to see Robbie (since he doesn't play in the US) and also got to be in the actual SNL studio (Carson used to film there). But it felt like FOREVER!

That's interesting. Yeah I didn't feel help captive. they were very efficient which was nice. I hear letterman keeps you captive for like 4 hours too. These guys just kinda went with it almost like it was live. The only lag time was for Jimmy to change in and out of the bubble thing. It almost felt too quick. Especially with the band part. They just shuffled us in, the band came out, they played, Alex R. ran for the door like his life depended on it, the others (except Benny) left. Benny was talking to someone (i think the kid who jokingly called him an asshole today-see other thread) and they ushered us back to the seats and then said "okay everyone can leave".
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 11:30 pm

So you got to sit in the studio while you waited?

At Carson the music audience was separate from the show's regular audience. We had to wait in Rosie O'Donnell's studio (which she shared with Conan, but when I was in there it was decorated as her studio with blinding neon colors and made me crazy - you can get the idea here: http://images.wikia.com/muppet/images/d/d5/Piggy.rosie.jpg ). In between Robbie's two songs, we had to sit in her studio watching the Carson show being taped via a monitor/TV. I don't even think we had sound in there which made it worse. I saw Carson walk by me after the show was over and wanted to yell at him.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 12:09 am

We watched the show from the back two rows of the audience which was really cool. That's so ridiculous the way they did the one you went to. I'd feel robbed.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 12:18 am

YES IT WAS AWFUL. We were all cursing at Carson Daly when he was on the screen. Granted it was probably his production staff, but still. He was our scapegoat. That's pretty cool they let you stay in the audience for the rest of the show though. Jimmy Fallon = nice. Carson Daly = sadist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6