DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spam

Go down 
+23
Kosburn59
enola
bringiton
YouCanCallMeSally
Philo
White Man In Hammersmith
kirstyt
azlisa
Debonair
Breanne
plugga
Camus
HorribleCrowe
TGAFAN25
steph
NYYFAN523
NeverTrustAJunkie
JimmyB
Mr.Grieves
StitchesOnTheRadio
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Klown
saltandburn1967
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:58 pm

JimmyB wrote:
It's just...I don't know how to respond without sounding insincere. Trust me, I read every post, it's just...I have a hard time believing people about anything and trusting them. Which is actually related to a bit of soul searching I did earlier today for why I am like the way I am and if I can change.

Why would you sound insincere? Is it because you are? Just be honest with us, but don't ignore us when we're trying to help you! Jeez, I don't know how you don't get this. How do you feel when you say something and people ignore you? Why are you doing that to Gordon and everybody else? And not just today, but all the time?!

Having trust issues is nothing new. I have major trust issues and it takes me a long time to really open up to people. Sometimes you trust someone and you get burned. Sometimes you get burned so badly you can't even breathe and wonder how you'll ever get past it because it hurts so much. I've been there. I'm kind of in that place right now, but you know what? I'm not bringing everybody else down because of it. And when I ask for someone's advice, I appreciate it, I listen to it, I thank them, and I usually follow it because I can admit that other people know more than I do sometimes.

And then there are times when you trust people and you are so happy you did, because keeping to yourself all the time and never confiding in anyone is a very lonely existence. I have found people on this very board that I count as some of my very good friends, and I have trusted them and never once regretted it. Sometimes taking a leap of faith and putting your trust in someone can alter your life for the better. But you don't know if you never try.
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

Spam - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:59 pm

JimmyB wrote:
You are right, I am sorry. I have not been in my right mind lately...I am usually a decent person to be around, who cares about others (since no one ever cared about me, outside of my small family), and is always there to talk if a person needs it.

Yeah, you've been SO decent to everyone on this forum for the last two years of me being on it.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:02 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Camus wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
It's just...I don't know how to respond without sounding insincere. Trust me, I read every post, it's just...I have a hard time believing people about anything and trusting them.

Then why bother seeking advice if you're simply going to ignore it?

This is a very good question.

No one is demanding you take our advice. But begging for our attention, then ignoring a heartfelt post with "So..." or "Anyway..." sounds VERY insincere. At least acknowledge what has been said instead of dismissing everything said to you.

I mean FFS you've set off Shannon which is near impossible to do.

This has pushed me past my breaking point. Seriously, I'm on the verge of tears right now, and I don't even care who knows it. This kind of insincerity and disrespect is not something I can ignore. This is not how people deserve to be treated!
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:02 pm

Kosburn59 wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
You are right, I am sorry. I have not been in my right mind lately...I am usually a decent person to be around, who cares about others (since no one ever cared about me, outside of my small family), and is always there to talk if a person needs it.

Yeah, you've been SO decent to everyone on this forum for the last two years of me being on it.
I meant in the real world. And Shannon, I am currently still not really able to trust people...I mean I read the posts, and think it over, but every time something wrong happens- and I mean something REALLY wrong that I worked on fixing, It makes me lose trust if that was the right thing for me to try. I mean,DOES THAT EVEN MAKE SENSE?!?!?
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

Spam - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:06 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Kosburn59 wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

I meant in the real world. And Shannon, I am currently still not really able to trust people...I mean I read the posts, and think it over, but every time something wrong happens- and I mean something REALLY wrong that I worked on fixing, It makes me lose trust if that was the right thing for me to try.

Well either shut up and just see how the conversations turn or actually try to analyze something for once. We'll never be able to just settle on the idea that you're decent in real life because none of us have ever met you, so how about some subtlety, okay?
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:06 pm

Can you apologize without throwing in some reason we should feel sorry for you?
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

Spam - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:07 pm

Sorry if I'm annoying everyonee lse now. But what happened to you Jimmy that was so bad?
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:08 pm

Kosburn59 wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

You took the words right out of my mouth!

Jimmy, have you not heard what we've been saying all evening?! You are not decent to us! You ignore us and only use us for attention. How is that being a caring person? I don't think you understand what we're telling you or how you are coming across to people.

AND...then you go right back to turning the conversation around to your problems. You think no one cares about you but your family? Then why have we been trying to help you all this time? Can't you see that its because we care? Or we used ti before we realized you always treat us like crap? Like Keegan said, you've been here for years and people are always bending over backwards to offer you advice and it always falls on deaf ears. That is not being a decent human being at all!
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:08 pm

steph wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
Kinky means sexual.......Jimmy

please don't ever use the words "sex" (or any variation thereof) and "Jimmy" in the same sentence. No

Unless you swap the words around and put "never has" in-between (sorry Jim, it's just too easy!)
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:10 pm

Okay, at the risk of it sounding forced, I am sorry I overlooked Gordon;s post and all your advice that seems like it is what I should do.

and to Enola-16th different girl in a row turned me down, Found out a friend canceled on me for coming over to swim, the fact almost no one wants me to hang around with them, The fact all my friends are getting into serious relationships around me, the fact all my friends have so much positive going for them, while I stay the same, and just a frustration of life not being enjoyable at all. All of it happening in the same two weeks just makes it overwelming...
Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

Spam - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:14 pm

you really shouldn't be counting

plus, why have you asked 16 girls out? maybe you're falling for girls too easily or something because even if one says yes, what if you don't like her? you should wait for one you REALLY like and go for her. not just whoever

Last edited by bringiton on Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:14 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Kosburn59 wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

I meant in the real world. And Shannon, I am currently still not really able to trust people...I mean I read the posts, and think it over, but every time something wrong happens- and I mean something REALLY wrong that I worked on fixing, It makes me lose trust if that was the right thing for me to try. I mean,DOES THAT EVEN MAKE SENSE?!?!?

You know what? We are all on here so much, this is the real world. The Internet is a part of the real world, it's part of where we socialize, and you should be decent to us just like if we were hanging out in person. Just because you're sitting in front of your computer, does that give you the right to treat us like crap? Since you probably won't answer that question, I'll do it for you. It doesn't!

Did you even read what I wrote about trust issues? This is not unusual! It doesnt make you special or deserving of everybody's sympathy! It just means you either listen to people's advice when you ask for it and maybe get some help to make your life better, or you figure out a way to do it on your own. None of that involves treating people badly.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:15 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Okay, at the risk of it sounding forced, I am sorry I overlooked Gordon;s post and all your advice that seems like it is what I should do.

and to Enola-16th different girl in a row turned me down, Found out a friend canceled on me for coming over to swim, the fact almost no one wants me to hang around with them, The fact all my friends are getting into serious relationships around me, the fact all my friends have so much positive going for them, while I stay the same, and just a frustration of life not being enjoyable at all. All of it happening in the same two weeks just makes it overwhelming...

...because he ignores sound advice that I can guarantee none of us had the benefit of hearing when we were 20. We basically gave you a cheat sheet to life and you just ignore all of it, only to come back and re-post the same problem over and over as if nothing was ever said.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:16 pm

Sorry I'm late, but you want to hear about problems, Jimmy?

I CAN'T EVEN EAT TACOS, BURRITOS, OR TORTILLAS. SPICY FOOD MAKES ME PHYSICALLY ILL.

So boo-hoo to all you who say you can't make decent burritos... I will never know the sweet touch of one upon my tongue.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:16 pm

If I come across as treating people cruelly and mean, I am sorry and truly do not intentionally mean to.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:17 pm

bringiton wrote:

plus, why have you asked 16 girls out? maybe you're falling for girls too easily or something because even if one says yes, what if you don't like her? you should wait for one you REALLY like and go for her. not just whoever

We've already covered this numerous times. Don't waste your energy.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

Spam - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:17 pm

MattL wrote:
Sorry I'm late, but you want to hear about problems, Jimmy?

I CAN'T EVEN EAT TACOS, BURRITOS, OR TORTILLAS. SPICY FOOD MAKES ME PHYSICALLY ILL.

So boo-hoo to all you who say you can't make decent burritos... I will never know the sweet touch of one upon my tongue.

PINEAPPLE MAKES MY TONGUE GO NUMB BUT I EAT IT ANYWAY BECAUSE REASONS.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:18 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Kosburn59 wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

I meant in the real world.?

So all of us typing, we're just some fake characters in a television show you're watching?

Shannon- we're not real! Therefore undeserving of his respect and caring! That explains everything!

Anyway...

I now want a burrito. Thanks guys. Sad
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:19 pm

JimmyB wrote:

and to Enola-16th different girl in a row turned me down, Found out a friend canceled on me for coming over to swim, the fact almost no one wants me to hang around with them, The fact all my friends are getting into serious relationships around me, the fact all my friends have so much positive going for them, while I stay the same, and just a frustration of life not being enjoyable at all. All of it happening in the same two weeks just makes it overwelming...

This is killing me. Seriously, my mind is going to explode out of frustration and anger.

Jimmy, compare what you just told Enola to what Gordon told you. These are not horrible problems you are having Jimmy. Yeah, they're not fun, but they are just a part of life! We have all had friends cancel on us, move on leave us behind, been turned down by people we like, it's all normal crap that happens to everybody!
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Spam - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:19 pm

Dude...you're 20...TWENTY.

I went through high school and college, not kissing a girl, or having a girlfriend, didn't get laid til I was 18, then didn't get laid again for 3 years after that. Knock back after knock back, but ya know what man, it happens more people than you will ever know. It's normal, we all think we are the worst and have the worst lives. We don't. You'll meet someone, you will.

Seriously man, if I counted the knock backs, fuck me, I would still be crying myself to sleep at nights.

It's all about letting go and just saying to hell with it. There's no other answer or solution for it. Hearts will be broken, and if I remember right, didn't you, yourself have to let a girl down the other week?

People also move on, leave you behind and forget you, again, that's life. I've lost best mates, good mates and mates that I just hung about with. Again...life.

Man, what I'm saying is, and what we are all saying, life is shit. You gotta just snap out of it, and realise, it's not going to do any favours for you, you make you own luck and good chances.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

Spam - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:20 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
bringiton wrote:

We've already covered this numerous times. Don't waste your energy.

I'll take your advice. Otherwise I assume I'll end up at the point you guys are at in a couple of months time.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:21 pm

Klown wrote:
Dude...you're 20...TWENTY.

I went through high school and college, not kissing a girl, or having a girlfriend, didn't get laid til I was 18, then didn't get laid again for 3 years after that. Knock back after knock back, but ya know what man, it happens more people than you will ever know. It's normal, we all think we are the worst and have the worst lives. We don't. You'll meet someone, you will.

Seriously man, if I counted the knock backs, fuck me, I would still be crying myself to sleep at nights.

It's all about letting go and just saying to hell with it. There's no other answer or solution for it. Hearts will be broken, and if I remember right, didn't you, yourself have to let a girl down the other week?

People also move on, leave you behind and forget you, again, that's life. I've lost best mates, good mates and mates that I just hung about with. Again...life.

Man, what I'm saying is, and what we are all saying, life is shit. You gotta just snap out of it, and realise, it's not going to do any favours for you, you make you own luck and good chances.
Gordon, I have never let a girl down in my life. But yes I get what you are saying in total, But it seems like every time I get beaten down...I always go back to this...I guess it is a way of coping if nothing else....
Back to top Go down
Mr.Grieves
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Mr.Grieves

Spam - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:22 pm

Enjoying the small things in life is where it's at. like two turn tables and a microphone.
Back to top Go down
http://mrgrieves21.deviantart.com/
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Spam - Page 26 Empty

Christ. I'm making myself sound like such a sob story. I'm not, I've had an amazing life so far, and if it was to end tomorrow, I would have very few regrets. I've made a great life for myself, seen a good bit of the world, saw some amazing gigs, had and still do have some amazing friends. A girl I love to bits. There's SO much more, that I'm blessed to have lived.

But again, rough with the smooth, and what you make of it.

Last edited by Klown on Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 26 Empty

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
Kosburn59 wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

I meant in the real world.?

So all of us typing, we're just some fake characters in a television show you're watching?

Shannon- we're not real! Therefore undeserving of his respect and caring! That explains everything!

Anyway...

I now want a burrito. Thanks guys. Sad

Well that just makes perfect sense now! We are all figments of Jimmy's imagination and that's why he ignores us. And since he doesn't believe in psychiatrists, he'll never be able to get rid of these voices in the computer. I think the term will be called Internet Schizophrenia.

And thank you for making me laugh, Lorraine! I needed that! Hug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spam - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 26 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spam
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next