DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spam

Go down 
+23
Kosburn59
enola
bringiton
YouCanCallMeSally
Philo
White Man In Hammersmith
kirstyt
azlisa
Debonair
Breanne
plugga
Camus
HorribleCrowe
TGAFAN25
steph
NYYFAN523
NeverTrustAJunkie
JimmyB
Mr.Grieves
StitchesOnTheRadio
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Klown
saltandburn1967
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:34 pm

So, anyone have plans for the week coming up? My plans are working to add to my bank account....at least I have money to make me happy.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Grieves
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Mr.Grieves

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:36 pm

hookers like money. from what i hear.... Wink
Back to top Go down
http://mrgrieves21.deviantart.com/
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:36 pm

ugh, don't. don't talk to him about anything like sex, anything fun, anything at all.

anyways, i'm gonna go eat. you guys have fun w/ Miserable Ken here... wave
Back to top Go down
Mr.Grieves
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Mr.Grieves

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:37 pm

have fun eating a large burrito.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 25 Empty

JimmyB wrote:
IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
Anyway...just saw a promo for "The Katy Perry Movie". I still have to side with Russell Brand.

I can't let this go. I was going to ignore it, but I can't. Jimmy, how insensitive can you be?! Gordon just poured his heart out here. He shared some very personal stuff about his own life to try and put what you're going through into perspective, and you just ignored it. YOU IGNORED IT! You've ignored all of us dozens of times in the last several months when we have tried to help you, but this is the worst. How can you not even show appreciation for what he is trying to do here? Gordon gave you some great advice. He's trying to teach you some important life lessons that everyone has to learn at some point. And you don't even care. Or if you do, you have a very funny way of showing it. Changing the topic or just saying, "Anyway..." shows a total lack of respect for what Gordon just said and also for all of us who are always trying to help you. Seriously Jimmy, grow up and learn how to treat people right. Then maybe you'll get some respect in return.
I did not know how to respond, so I just tried to steer it away, so I would not say the wrong thing...and apparently I still said the wrong thing. I give up trying to be a conversation starter. This is the reason why I stay away from parties.

Not commenting on something so personal, emotional, and helpful is ALWAYS wrong. How can you not know this? Ignoring someone who is trying to help you is rude, it's disrespectful, it's mean, and it's a jerky thing to do.

And how would you be starting a conversation by commenting on a post Gordon had already made? All you had to do was respond! And you needed to respond to this, to thank Gordon, and to listen to him. He has obviously been through more than you can even imagine, and you need to think about that, and how he was able to pull himself out of that life, create something better, and learn from his past experiences and mistakes. He's trying to help you, and you ignore it. Just like you've done with Lorraine, Steph, Ilaria, Sarah, Mike, me, and tons of other people around here. We have tried so hard to be your friends and help you figure things out, but you always either ignore us or shoot us down. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Go back and read the posts from Gordon and let his words sink in, because obviously they haven't.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 25 Empty

Mr.Grieves wrote:
sorry man, but...hookers do nothing for me.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Grieves
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Mr.Grieves

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:38 pm

blarg.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:38 pm

i'm sick of people posting thoughtful, personal stuff...because i know it won't even get acknowledged. oy vey.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:39 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Mr.Grieves wrote:

That's because you need to pay them first.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
Mr.Grieves
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Mr.Grieves

Spam - Page 25 Empty

steph wrote:

i'm sick of people posting thoughtful, personal stuff...because i know it won't even get acknowledged. oy vey.

i'm sick of wearing pants.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 25 Empty

JimmyB wrote:
Mr.Grieves wrote:

Quote :
but you always either ignore us or shoot us down. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME

And we ignore that he ignores us. But sometimes, it's just too much.

*sigh* if only there was a way to ignore specific users. Take this to the Forum Complaints section?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Grieves
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Mr.Grieves

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:40 pm

Klown wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
Mr.Grieves wrote:

Clap
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:40 pm

Klown wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
Mr.Grieves wrote:

Laughing Frying Pan
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:41 pm

Thing is it's hard to ignore something posted over and over and over. Maybe just repost Gordon's post constantly until it's not ignored? Hm.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:43 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Thing is it's hard to ignore something posted over and over and over. Maybe just repost Gordon's post constantly until it's not ignored? Hm.

We should do this! Maybe that would open his eyes. And maybe this does need to be taken to the forum complaints thread. The amount of disrespect is just astounding.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:43 pm

Jimmy, I always gave you the benefit of the doubt. I am finally starting to realize why people around here act like they do to you. You don't deserve any of our attention. There are reasons these girls keep shooting you down. You seem insensitive, self centered, and obnoxious. Girls hate all three of those things. Have you ever thought you need to change? Cause you do.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:44 pm

It's just...I don't know how to respond without sounding insincere. Trust me, I read every post, it's just...I have a hard time believing people about anything and trusting them. Which is actually related to a bit of soul searching I did earlier today for why I am like the way I am and if I can change.

Last edited by JimmyB on Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:45 pm

JimmyB wrote:
It's just...I don't know how to respond without sounding insincere. Trust me, I read every post, it's just...I have a hard time believing people about anything and trusting them.

Then why bother seeking advice if you're simply going to ignore it?
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:47 pm

JimmyB wrote:
It's just...I don't know how to respond without sounding insincere. Trust me, I read every post, it's just...I have a hard time believing people about anything and trusting them.

That is the fucking most horrible thing I ever heard said on here. So Gordon is a liar? Shut the fuck up dude. You aren't the only one with problems. You are so goddamn insensitive dude. I mean holy shit.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Grieves
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Mr.Grieves

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:48 pm

sympathy? i've had my share of the mopes. But if you're down 100 percent of the time people are just going to give up. being down brings other people down.

in the end only you can make you happy. doesn't matter if you get the girl/guy in the end.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:48 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
Jimmy, I always gave you the benefit of the doubt. I am finally starting to realize why people around here act like they do to you. You don't deserve any of our attention. There are reasons these girls keep shooting you down. You seem insensitive, self centered, and obnoxious. Girls hate all three of those things. Have you ever thought you need to change? Cause you do.

Welcome to the last eight months or so. None of us were jaded or angry before all of this started. He will ignore your post too.

Jimmy, I'm not trying to be mean. That's not how I operate. I try to be nice and understanding, but you pushed me too far. You have to wake up and either start listening to us or just stop posting, because you're driving us crazy. When people try to help you, take them seriously and listen. Maybe, just maybe, we know what we're talking about because we have more life experience than you do and we've all been there. Give us the benefit of the doubt just like we have done with you for so long.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:49 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

That is the fucking most horrible thing I ever heard said on here. So Gordon is a liar? Shut the fuck up dude. You aren't the only one with problems. You are so goddamn insensitive dude. I mean holy shit.
I meant Trust in General, I am not calling anyone out on anything.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:50 pm

Klown wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
I can tell you. Everything that I have said has happened to me. "It just takes one hit to put you in your place". But anyway...How many times can one person take a hit and then come back up before they just lay down? (not meant to me, but asking a question that does not need an answer-currently drawing a blank on what it is called)

Fair enough, let's take it that everything has happened to you. Try this on, you'll get hit MUCH harder. I've been homeless, slept on floors, park benches, backs of cars all whilst I was treated as an outcast by my family, and my dad was having severe heart problems. Try not been allowed to see your dad whilst he is ill. I thought that was the hardest life will get. I was wrong. I went from finding out my mum was terminal with cancer in January, to losing my mum in February of that year, then having the girl I was engaged with, leave me the May of that year, then got back with her, then found out she was cheating on me, the June of that year...only to find out her parents were paying for the guy she was cheating with, to travel out and see her.... And you know what, I'm quite sure others have it tougher than that...much tougher. I've a roof over my head, food on the table and friends and a girl I love. Knocks will come again, I know that much. But you know what, if you let them get you down, then its going to drag you down more than you will ever know, or have experienced. At your age, I was a drunk, stoner, skater, that had fuck all going for him, I dragged myself up and at least kept taking the knocks.

Sorry man, but from what you've been saying, you don't have, or have really met any of lifes real problems yet, you gotta realise that, or else, and I'll be really honest here, you're fucked, and fucked badly.

I'm looking for no sympathy for any of the words I've just typed, I've dealt with them, they were shit, but constantly go back and dwelling on them...fuck that, it will just drag me back there, and I want to stay ahead of life. It's tough enough.

I normally don't post in here but after reading that post I felt I have to. First, Gordon I'm very sorry to hear what you've been through to in your life already. That fucking sucks. But I'm also sure it made you the man you are today. Which is exactly my point. We all have crosses to bear (hope that's the right expression) and they only make us stronger once we dealt with them rather then let them destroy us. Staying ahead of life, trying to be positive and be grateful for everything we have everyday is just the right attitude for me. The only one in fact. So congratulations, Gordon. You're someone people should look up to.

Finally a Winston Churchill comes to my mind that seems to fit
If you're going through hell keep walking!

I guess hell is different for everyone. I just wish people would stop complaining and being so negative about everything.

That's all. Good night Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:51 pm

Camus wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

Then why bother seeking advice if you're simply going to ignore it?

This is a very good question.

No one is demanding you take our advice. But begging for our attention, then ignoring a heartfelt post with "So..." or "Anyway..." sounds VERY insincere. At least acknowledge what has been said instead of dismissing everything said to you.

I mean FFS you've set off Shannon which is near impossible to do.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:58 pm

You are right, I am sorry. I have not been in my right mind lately...I am usually a decent person to be around, who cares about others (since no one ever cared about me, outside of my small family), and is always there to talk if a person needs it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spam
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next