DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

romance issues

Go down 
+64
zombietime
Mae
HorribleCrowe
riversedge
Roe
ivienco
McPhist0
Rizz
DamagedUniverse
The_River
cdala
jonnyz83
Smasha13
SarahSarahSarah
rem999
aldotheapache
ThisMachineKillsFascists
mingus
steady now steady now
Hombie
jzancan
emenius
Jeff
BereasaTGA
michaelphillips
Rose1991
pleasepassthesoup
loazis
The Angry Johnny Revue
kristyn
eagles1139
mwh
HolyBreakOfDay
TGAFAN25
BossTime
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
ThereIsAThunder
rumham
The Last Jukebox Romeo
jonester
redheadchick
StitchesOnTheRadio
MKULTRA
33RPMHero
bringiton_ty
Coma Girl
DeathoftheCool
Mr.Grieves
Klown
Yozzy
saltandburn1967
Christophe
Jack
colmillionaire
bringiton
JimmyB
plugga
Labhras
NeverTrustAJunkie
Debonair
Harbortown
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Camus
steph
68 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 28 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

romance issues - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 3:04 pm

Dave don't lift.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 1:29 am

Dude, Pokemon is the best. I didn't think anyone else on this forum would be a fan, but any time I get a new Pokemon game that is my life for the next week or so. Are you playing X or Y?
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 7:22 am

Jack wrote:
Dude, Pokemon is the best. I didn't think anyone else on this forum would be a fan, but any time I get a new Pokemon game that is my life for the next week or so. Are you playing X or Y?
I actually bought a second-hand 3DS in preparation for the X & Y release half a year later, but for money and time reasons never actually picked them up. Played and loved the first Black version though. Picked up Pearl for a few bucks as well some time ago, but haven't got around to finishing that one.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 12:42 pm

Well, I am not even getting any hits on two different online dating sites-yes I caved and set up accounts. Oh, and this girl I tried getting attached to in my life apparently was "just being nice and sparing my feelings". ....If anyone needs me, I am just going to focus on loving money.
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 2:00 pm

Strive to be the Adam Dunn of dating. It doesn't matter if you have a terrible average and lead the league in strikeouts. Just keep swinging as hard as you can and try to hit some dingers.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 1:37 am

Baseball and Pokemon. This thread is the best. That Adam Dunn metaphor was really actually incredible, sir. Bravo.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 1:37 am

And you should definitely get X or Y, by the way. One of the best games I've ever played in my whole entire life.
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 2:40 am

JimmyB wrote:
If anyone needs me, I am just going to focus on loving money.

MAKING LOVE TO THE MONEY ON THE INTERSTATE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYeT2K_jueM

#freeguwop
Back to top Go down
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
A Contender
A Contender
sandyangryjohnnyormary?

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 12:02 am

pleasepassthesoup wrote:
Strive to be the Adam Dunn of dating. It doesn't matter if you have a terrible average and lead the league in strikeouts. Just keep swinging as hard as you can and try to hit some dingers.

Just fantastic. High Five Let's not forget the big donkey also teaches of patience. Wait for your moment and clobber it Jimmy.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 2:32 am

Jimmy, I've noticed you make an awful lot of sweeping, dramatic declarations. Why not just live life and see how it goes rather than constantly be announcing your change of direction in life? Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 9:35 am

I've been trying that.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 8:18 am

I'm fustrated. Everyone around me is Ina happy relationship, yet I can't even have a single woman interested in me, look in my face. Or they always want to get away when I talk to them. I wonder if cloning works yet XD
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 5:05 am

Ugh. I'm 23 years old and I've only had two boyfriends. First one was a long distance thing that started when I was 17 and began to fizzle last year. He's a good guy, but in the end, we were just sooooo incompatible.

The second one happened early this year. I was completely in love with him and absolutely positive he was "the one"... and then he dumped me for another girl. Silly me for thinking that him wanting to spend every waking minute with me meant he was in love with me too. But then I turned to Gaslight for refuge and I've been crazy about them ever since.

I'm not very charming or pretty and most guys that I'm interested in aren't even remotely interested in me, but that's okay. Brian Fallon makes a good imaginary boyfriend.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 7:04 am

Come on now, he's divorced! Go get him, girl.
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 7:56 am

I should. I bet Brian wouldn't sleep with you on a Monday then break up with you on Friday. I bet Brian wouldn't list "she's prettier than you" as the number one reason he's dumping you for the other girl. I bet if you were stuck at a truck stop in the middle of Wisconsin with Brian he wouldn't say, "Don't order anything, I think the tow truck's gonna be here soon," and then when you go to bum around the gift shop for a little while, you come back to find that he ordered food for himself and didn't ask if you wanted anything. I BET IF YOU FIXED BRIAN'S KITCHEN CABINET WITH YOUR BARE HANDS BEFORE HE EVEN HAD TIME TO GET A SCREWDRIVER, HE'D BE IMPRESSED RATHER THAN EMASCULATED. I BET IF YOU WERE SPENDING THE WEEK AT BRIAN'S PARENTS' HOUSE, HE'D HELP YOU MAKE FOOD INSTEAD OF SAYING, "YOU KNOW WHERE EVERYTHING IS; GO GET SOMETHING WHILE I SIT HERE AND PLAY GRAND THEFT AUTO." Sorry, I have a lot of baggage with my exes...
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 8:30 am

That might have made me felt emasculated too, but I also wouldn't ever turn down the opportunity to sit down and let someone else fix stuff for me.

You're only 22ish, you'll find a decent boy out there.
Back to top Go down
michaelphillips
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
michaelphillips

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 8:52 am

Rose1991 wrote:
I should. I bet Brian wouldn't sleep with you on a Monday then break up with you on Friday. I bet Brian wouldn't list "she's prettier than you" as the number one reason he's dumping you for the other girl. I bet if you were stuck at a truck stop in the middle of Wisconsin with Brian he wouldn't say, "Don't order anything, I think the tow truck's gonna be here soon," and then when you go to bum around the gift shop for a little while, you come back to find that he ordered food for himself and didn't ask if you wanted anything. I BET IF YOU FIXED BRIAN'S KITCHEN CABINET WITH YOUR BARE HANDS BEFORE HE EVEN HAD TIME TO GET A SCREWDRIVER, HE'D BE IMPRESSED RATHER THAN EMASCULATED. I BET IF YOU WERE SPENDING THE WEEK AT BRIAN'S PARENTS' HOUSE, HE'D HELP YOU MAKE FOOD INSTEAD OF SAYING, "YOU KNOW WHERE EVERYTHING IS; GO GET SOMETHING WHILE I SIT HERE AND PLAY GRAND THEFT AUTO." Sorry, I have a lot of baggage with my exes...

That was an awesome rant, I enjoyed it a lot! Sounds like you are better off without him.
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 9:02 am

Haha, thank you. Glad you enjoyed it. Razz
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 3:16 pm

That was some quality venting. Bravo. Or is it brava? I never understood the difference. Either way it seemed to fulfill its purpose of getting stuff off your chest and, as an added bonus, it gave us some enjoyment haha. But yeah, you got time. No worries.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 8:18 pm

Jimmy would never do such things to you. Just putting it out there, you know.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 3:56 pm

Hahahaha oh man...
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 5:35 pm

So I made my way downtown today and on the train I saw this girl, about my age, looking down on her luck. Make-up running down her face and everything.
I contemplated talking to her for a few minutes and finally thought I had to be nice unlike all the other emotionally retarded people in this city (Stockholm, fuck it). She said she'll be alright but thanked me for the gesture.

Once the train came to a halt at the end station and I got off the train, she tapped me on the shoulder and asked me if I have a girlfriend. Upon saying no, she asked me out for coffee.

It feels pretty exhilarating. Saving a damsel in distress, my life is finally the Disney movie I've always wanted it to be.
Jokes aside, I am excited to see her again but on the other hand I've been seeing this other girl the past month. She lives on an island a few hours away from here and I only get to see her every two or three weeks, but I've come to like her quite a bit.

What a pickle, man. I don't know what to do.
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 6:25 pm

Nice story Smile

My boyfriend lives 2 hours from me, it's not always easy but we manage to see us every two weeks, and as we're two very independant people, it's ok. We've been together for 2 1/2 years now and it works quite well. I guess it depends on what you expect from a relationship and your personnality.
Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 12:08 am

You have to at least [for lack of a better phrase] "try out" the new girl. Go out on a date or two, see where things go... she might be amazing!!
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 4:20 pm

Harbortown wrote:
So I made my way downtown today and on the train I saw this girl, about my age, looking down on her luck. Make-up running down her face and everything.
I contemplated talking to her for a few minutes and finally thought I had to be nice unlike all the other emotionally retarded people in this city (Stockholm, fuck it). She said she'll be alright but thanked me for the gesture.

Once the train came to a halt at the end station and I got off the train, she tapped me on the shoulder and asked me if I have a girlfriend. Upon saying no, she asked me out for coffee.

It feels pretty exhilarating. Saving a damsel in distress, my life is finally the Disney movie I've always wanted it to be.
Jokes aside, I am excited to see her again but on the other hand I've been seeing this other girl the past month. She lives on an island a few hours away from here and I only get to see her every two or three weeks, but I've come to like her quite a bit.

What a pickle, man. I don't know what to do.

Added bonus, if it's like any of the Disney movies I've seen, her best friend is likely to be a talking animal, which would be pretty kickass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

romance issues
Page 18 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 28 ... 38  Next