DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

romance issues

Go down 
+64
zombietime
Mae
HorribleCrowe
riversedge
Roe
ivienco
McPhist0
Rizz
DamagedUniverse
The_River
cdala
jonnyz83
Smasha13
SarahSarahSarah
rem999
aldotheapache
ThisMachineKillsFascists
mingus
steady now steady now
Hombie
jzancan
emenius
Jeff
BereasaTGA
michaelphillips
Rose1991
pleasepassthesoup
loazis
The Angry Johnny Revue
kristyn
eagles1139
mwh
HolyBreakOfDay
TGAFAN25
BossTime
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
ThereIsAThunder
rumham
The Last Jukebox Romeo
jonester
redheadchick
StitchesOnTheRadio
MKULTRA
33RPMHero
bringiton_ty
Coma Girl
DeathoftheCool
Mr.Grieves
Klown
Yozzy
saltandburn1967
Christophe
Jack
colmillionaire
bringiton
JimmyB
plugga
Labhras
NeverTrustAJunkie
Debonair
Harbortown
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Camus
steph
68 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
AuthorMessage
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

romance issues - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 6:49 am

Yimbo- try asking her out for SEXfast and then going "pssshhhhhathththth" in her face before she can respond
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 7:58 pm

steph wrote:
Yimbo- try asking her out for SEXfast and then going "pssshhhhhathththth" in her face before she can respond

Works without fail.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2016 10:51 am

I have given up. I figuratively ripped out my heart, so no one can have it.
Back to top Go down
jonnyz83
A Contender
A Contender
jonnyz83

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2016 12:04 pm

JimmyB wrote:

Just don't literally do it, JB. It hurts and it's hard to get back in before you bleed out.
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 7:13 am

JimmyB wrote:

giving up is for losers. kiss it or bust.
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 7:14 am

HorribleCrowe wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

also; what the F is the worst thing that can happen. it is what it is.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 3:22 am

HorribleCrowe wrote:
HorribleCrowe wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

also; what the F is the worst thing that can happen. it is what it is.

I love your outlook on this
Back to top Go down
Mae
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mae

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2016 7:04 am

Me and the most amazing girl ever just broke up. This hurts so much
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2016 12:17 pm

xoxomae wrote:
Sorry to hear that. It's truly the worst feeling in the world.

I just pulled through from the same thing myself, you and I both KNOW that you will too. Hang in there, buddy.
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2016 1:38 pm

Harbortown wrote:
xoxomae wrote:
Sorry to hear that. It's truly the worst feeling in the world.

I just pulled through from the same thing myself, you and I both KNOW that you will too. Hang in there, buddy.

First few weeks hurt the most. Talk to other people about what you are going through. You'll learn from this experience, although I know that's not what you want to hear right now.
Time heals all, buddy.
Back to top Go down
Mae
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mae

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 6:22 pm

Thank you guys. She was the first girl that I truly liked ever. I didn't have the willpower not to message her today and I sent her a message saying how much I'm going to miss her. I just kinda wish she'd replied :/
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:19 pm

Ignore her! Remove her from all kinds of social media.

It's going to hurt at first but doing so will speed things up so much.
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 1:34 am

Oh god. Oh god.

A legitimately interesting and attractive person messaged me on OKDesperate, we had a great conversation, and then he asked me if I wanted to trade numbers and go on a date sometime.

I don't know what to do. I was not prepared for this to ever happen.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 6:22 am

say yes you idiot
Back to top Go down
SarahSarahSarah
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SarahSarahSarah

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 9:40 pm

Literally munched popcorn while catching up on this thread. Some things never change.😹
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 3:07 am

Well I met the "legitimately interesting and attractive person" tonight.

Long story short, he wasn't quite what I expected.

OH WELL. No

Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 2:47 pm

I want the long story.
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 1:03 am

Oh good; I was hoping you'd ask.

Alright, so he messaged me during the last week of May. He introduced himself and asked one or two questions based on common interests, so I messaged him back and he got back at me. After a few days of letting it go cold because I thought, hey, what are the odds of this dude ACTUALLY liking me? I told my friend about him, and my friend was like, "If you don't message him back right now, it means you just want to be alone forever. Why don't you give somebody a chance already?"

So I did. And it was great. We had a back and forth for a night or two of some getting-to-know-you-questions, some basic and some on the more random side, and he asked if I wanted to exchange numbers and maybe go on a date. I gave him my number and we texted every day for a little over a week until we actually met.

He was SO cool and had so much in common with me. He's outdoorsy, he's well-travelled, he's crazy smart (Phd student at the most prestigious university in the city), his parents live in Alaska, and he has his own apartment, relatively close and in a nice part of the city. We had a lot of fun talking, we couldn't wait to meet each other, and we already talked about things we might like to do if we became a thing.

So we set up a date and I just thought, "Alright, I just have to be physically attracted to him and this whole thing is a go." Right? Riiiiight....

Soooooooooooo I told him I'd meet him around 7 pm at this coffee shop down the street from my guitar lessons. He texts me at 6:40 saying that he was already there and I got there about five minutes later. I go in the shop, look around for a second, and there he is in the back. So I go up to him, say hi, and oh my god, he had the demeanor of a frightened rabbit.

Like, I understand awkward. I understand nervous. I understand being both at the exact same time because I was too. But this kid had zero chill and was the most socially awkward person I've ever met. Like, I asked him if he wanted something to drink, so we went up and I grabbed a bottle of water out of the cooler and then he grabbed a bottle of water out of the cooler and then we sat down (like I really wanted some tea and a pastry but the dude was freaking me out) and we attempted to have a conversation. Now, to this guy's credit: 1. I suck balls at conversation and 2. the shop was a lot busier and louder than I had expected it to be (how foolish to think that dinnertime on a Tuesday would be a quiet time for a coffee shop) but this dude could not hold a back-and-forth to save his life.

So I sat there talking about myself for awhile and went on some horrible tangent about the Pennsylvania Dutch and the differences between them and the Old Order Amish (I am not fucking kidding) and then I was like, "So tell me something interesting about you that I don't know yet!" and he drew a blank and said, "Wow, you're really putting me on the spot here!" So I asked him about his dad since he'd said his dad was in aviation and then I asked him about his brother, and like, I know my questions were terrible and boring, but no matter what I said or asked, all I got were one-sentence responses. Like he couldn't elaborate on anything.

So then he suggested we go out and walk around because he couldn't sit still and talk, so we walked around the neighborhood while I talked on and on and on about random shit, and I'd espouse some random facts about things we walked past and he kept saying, "That's a lie," in a really bad attempt at being funny, and it was mildly humorous the first time, but not the fifteen times after that.

Finally I got the rescue call I'd ordered three minutes into the date, made up some story about having forgotten about meeting up with my friends at the movie theater, and I split.

Like, I feel bad because this kid is really sweet and I get that he was crazy nervous, but my god. Maybe he's cooler when he's not a gigantic ball of nerves, but I like to think I gave him a fair enough shake, and sadly he's not what I'm looking for.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 9:30 am

Sorry to hear that Rose....I had my own recent issues.

So, I had been talking to this girl online for a few months, and it got pretty serious without even meeting me, and she had several times told me "I love you". We were almost exactly the same person, and got along so well online. We decided to go out for our first date last saturday, and meet at a mutual location since she lived so far away. Well, we hung out for like three hours getting coffee and playing board games at this coffee shop I love.
So anyway, after three hours we drove back to where she parked her car, and went into that store together, and I thought we were getting along fine. I had told her I'm a normally quiet person by nature, as was she. We both said "I love you" when we left afterwards. I thought it went pretty well. So sunday night she messages me, "I need to think about us babe. Talking online was fine, and I had a good time yesterday, but it felt kind of awkward and I don't know if I'd be comfortable dating now. I'm worried it would always feel awkward. you're a sweet guy, and all but something didn't click". I hate humanity. I would be fine if the world burned, so I never have to see another happy couple. I'm extremely hurt and hating everything right now.
Back to top Go down
zombietime
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
zombietime

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 3:02 pm

you don't need to shit on other people's happiness just because something didn't work out for you. it really seems that you're the problem, so maybe take some time to fix your attitudes and outlooks towards love, dating, women and humanity, and then proceed to be a respectful, rational human being.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 5:11 pm

Tried it already.

I just want to crawl into a hole and never have to see happy couples again. Women don't like me
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2016 7:41 am

The only thing wrong with me, is I've been hurt too many times to remain positive. I have nothing but respect for women, but question half of their dating motives. You would really avoid me like the plague, but go after an abusive jerk? I know I'm ugly with very low standards, but damn. I didn't know I'm the most unwanted guy on the earth. I look like mclovin and act like Sheldon cooper. I'm doomed and hopeless. Please excuse my while I turn my heart to stone and start learning how to cope with being single for life.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2016 12:54 pm

I wrote a novel to reply to your post Jimmy, but we've heard this same song and dance so many times that I literally can't even.

GO SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP. The girls are not the issue, their dating motives are not the issue, you are and you need to get healthy.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2016 3:05 pm

I'm gonna become a billionaire and bribe Fallon to not write any song ever again that's not about Jimbo
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 10:18 pm

Har har har. He'll never run out of "poor mr pitiful" then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 36 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

romance issues
Page 36 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next