DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

romance issues

Go down 
+64
zombietime
Mae
HorribleCrowe
riversedge
Roe
ivienco
McPhist0
Rizz
DamagedUniverse
The_River
cdala
jonnyz83
Smasha13
SarahSarahSarah
rem999
aldotheapache
ThisMachineKillsFascists
mingus
steady now steady now
Hombie
jzancan
emenius
Jeff
BereasaTGA
michaelphillips
Rose1991
pleasepassthesoup
loazis
The Angry Johnny Revue
kristyn
eagles1139
mwh
HolyBreakOfDay
TGAFAN25
BossTime
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
ThereIsAThunder
rumham
The Last Jukebox Romeo
jonester
redheadchick
StitchesOnTheRadio
MKULTRA
33RPMHero
bringiton_ty
Coma Girl
DeathoftheCool
Mr.Grieves
Klown
Yozzy
saltandburn1967
Christophe
Jack
colmillionaire
bringiton
JimmyB
plugga
Labhras
NeverTrustAJunkie
Debonair
Harbortown
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Camus
steph
68 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 27 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

romance issues - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 4:37 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
jimmy whatever you do don't end up like the guy from the video steph posted. he shot up my school because he couldn't get laid. do your best not to feel sorry for yourself

I'm so sorry buddy. One of my good friends lost one of her closest friends yesterday in the shooting as well.

There are millions of people who can't get laid. Nobody would ever shoot up a school because they can't get laid, the root of it is really mental health issues and this guy had serious, serious mental health issues. Look no further than his video and it's pretty clear that something was off.

If we can get people the care that they need, and they are willing to get care and help, these tragedies can be avoided... The problem is, it's so hard to make everything come together so some people don't flal through the cracks...

also, fuck this shooter. He claims to be superior to everyone else, but when you read and listen to what he's saying, he simply doesn't know how to make sense of the world and respond to it rationally.
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 5:27 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:

We're all fresh out of ideas. This isn't supposed to be easy.

There's only one man who can help

romance issues - Page 16 Mystery

Kidding aside, there are people who swear by the book the game by neil strauss . I've never read it, but it might help to give you some ideas on how to approach a social life. I'm not trying to say you'll become Rico Suave overnight, but it wouldn't hurt to learn a thing or three about meeting women and how to interact in these settings.

Secondly, whether you like it or not, looks are a major factor for 99% of people. Why be with someone you're not physically attracted to? I know you've posted about losing weight which is awesome and a step in the right direction, but now it's time to start putting on some muscle. Pretty much any workout routine is good, but I really do swear by p90x if you actually commit yourself to the program. That means putting in 100% towards the workouts and the diet. I will gladly burn my DVD's and send you the diet guide if you want it. Just PM your address.

Last edited by rumham on Sun May 25, 2014 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 5:29 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:

also, fuck this shooter. He claims to be superior to everyone else, but when you read and listen to what he's saying, he simply doesn't know how to make sense of the world and respond to it rationally.

And that is what we call a crazy individual.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 9:14 pm

rumham wrote:
rkirkpatrick25 wrote:

And that is what we call a crazy individual.

Somebody on CNN called it Murder by Narcissism. Sounds pretty accurate to me.

This individual couldn't look in the mirror and see how his actions made it impossible for the people around him to love him. Rather than looking internally, he made everything somebody else's fault and thought he could justify slaughtering them.

Narcissism is pretty scary stuff...
Back to top Go down
mwh
A Contender
A Contender
mwh

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 12:39 am

rumham wrote:

Kidding aside, there are people who swear by the book the game by neil strauss . I've never read it, but it might help to give you some ideas on how to approach a social life.  I'm not trying to say you'll become Rico Suave overnight, but it wouldn't hurt to learn a thing or three about meeting women and how to interact in these settings.

Pretty sure "The Game" is where all that pickup artist stuff comes from... I might be wrong though...
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 8:13 am

I have a general idea of how to interact with them (heck, most of my friends are women). There just isn't the type I like-Single ones around here are all obessed with what I posted before,etc. I guess my interests just do not click with them. Do I wish I had someone who loves me? yes. Have I accepted my singleness? yes.
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 11:27 am

JimmyB wrote:
I have a general idea of how to interact with them (heck, most of my friends are women).  There just isn't the type I like-Single ones around here are all obessed with what I posted before,etc. I guess my interests just do not click with them. Do I wish I had someone who loves me? yes.  Have I accepted my singleness? yes.

You complain about girls saying you aren't their type and then you use the same exact reason why you don't like some of the girls in your town.........

Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 11:29 am

Also....I don't think you understand that physical and sexual desire is a huge part of a relationship. Most people are interested in sex. It is one of the main pieces of the puzzle in the relationship.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 12:18 pm

The type I am refering to, is having a beautiful personality.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 12:25 pm

JimmyB wrote:
The type I am refering to, is having a beautiful personality.

I think this might be where you end up having trouble.

You really believe that none of the women around you have a beautiful personality?

Nobody is perfect Jimmy. That's the beautiful part of love and being interested in someone. You love them DESPITE the fact that they have flaws because you care about them and you want the best for them.

You aren't perfect either, should no woman want you because of it?
Back to top Go down
mwh
A Contender
A Contender
mwh

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 8:21 am

That being said, some places are just awful. I grew up in a country town that was just packed with awful, awful, awful people. Anyone smart, interesting or creative in any way got out as quick as they could and just left jerks. Guys, girls, even the sheep were jerks. So if you're in a genuinely terrible place, don't sell yourself short just because you're lonely. That tends to be my undoing...
Back to top Go down
mwh
A Contender
A Contender
mwh

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 2:41 pm

Update- Ditched girlfriend due to politics issues. Turns out she was kinda crazy, who would have thunk it.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 2:09 am

Wait...didn't you just say you confessed your head over heels, I wanna slurp the same piece of spaghetti as you L-O-V-E to this lady?
Back to top Go down
mwh
A Contender
A Contender
mwh

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 4:47 am

steph wrote:
Wait...didn't you just say you confessed your head over heels, I wanna slurp the same piece of spaghetti as you L-O-V-E to this lady?

Yeah... Life moves fast. Turns out she was hardcore right-wing insane politically. As in "we should re-colonize Africa to save all those black people from themselves" crazy.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 1:34 pm

Shit. How did she manage to keep that under wraps??

Back to top Go down
mwh
A Contender
A Contender
mwh

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 2:07 pm

steph wrote:

I suppose because I never asked, never really got into the politics thing until I helped her with a paper on "Heart of Darkness" and "Apocalypse Now". Turns out I made a very poor decision. Still cut up about it, but I'd honestly think less of myself if I was sleeping with someone that awful
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 2:08 pm

Sorry to hear that, maybe next time you could bring up politics on the first date just to be safe?
Back to top Go down
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
A Contender
A Contender
sandyangryjohnnyormary?

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:25 pm

mwh wrote:
steph wrote:

I suppose because I never asked, never really got into the politics thing until I helped her with a paper on "Heart of Darkness" and "Apocalypse Now". Turns out I made a very poor decision. Still cut up about it, but I'd honestly think less of myself if I was sleeping with someone that awful

Joe Conrad's always thwarting young romance. Bastard.
Back to top Go down
mwh
A Contender
A Contender
mwh

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 8:43 am

Yeah them 19th century authors always be ruining my game. I'm sure there's a joke about Dickens in here somewhere...
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 2:28 pm

Not an issue, but dating someone new feels great. Had to share.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 6:29 pm

I'm feeling hurt beyond belief today. I cannot believe my flirting is not even acknowledged, let alone accepted. Anyone want to give me some positives about being single?
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 7:28 pm

JimmyB wrote:
I'm feeling hurt beyond belief today.  I cannot believe my flirting is not even acknowledged, let alone accepted.  Anyone want to give me some positives about being single?
one positive about you being single is there isn't some poor girl having to listen to your incessant complaining
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 7:42 pm

Harbortown wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
I'm feeling hurt beyond belief today.  I cannot believe my flirting is not even acknowledged, let alone accepted.  Anyone want to give me some positives about being single?
one positive about you being single is there isn't some poor girl having to listen to your incessant complaining

Haha. Awesome.  High Five 
Back to top Go down
kristyn
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
kristyn

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 12:02 am

JimmyB wrote:

I think we have all been right where you are at at one point or another, and I am sorry that you are there right now. The sidebar says you are 22, which was absolutely the worst of it for me. It got better right as I was pretty sure that I couldn't take any more weird romantic experiences (like how sometimes, you can't even be sure what happened or if you communicated everything properly and you just start to wonder if something is wrong with you). But nothing is wrong with you. I promise.

Anyway, I feel for you. It got better for me and I hope it will get better for you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kristynchildres.com
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 12:06 am

This one goes out to Jimmy. Taylor's been there. "I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22." You're goddamn right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

romance issues
Page 16 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 27 ... 38  Next