DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

romance issues

Go down 
+64
zombietime
Mae
HorribleCrowe
riversedge
Roe
ivienco
McPhist0
Rizz
DamagedUniverse
The_River
cdala
jonnyz83
Smasha13
SarahSarahSarah
rem999
aldotheapache
ThisMachineKillsFascists
mingus
steady now steady now
Hombie
jzancan
emenius
Jeff
BereasaTGA
michaelphillips
Rose1991
pleasepassthesoup
loazis
The Angry Johnny Revue
kristyn
eagles1139
mwh
HolyBreakOfDay
TGAFAN25
BossTime
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
ThereIsAThunder
rumham
The Last Jukebox Romeo
jonester
redheadchick
StitchesOnTheRadio
MKULTRA
33RPMHero
bringiton_ty
Coma Girl
DeathoftheCool
Mr.Grieves
Klown
Yozzy
saltandburn1967
Christophe
Jack
colmillionaire
bringiton
JimmyB
plugga
Labhras
NeverTrustAJunkie
Debonair
Harbortown
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Camus
steph
68 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

romance issues - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 1:11 pm

jimmy cover this one next  Very Happy 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6ER2_4q5KQ
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 2:58 pm

JimmyB wrote:
I am a gentleman.  At least compared to the majority of men in the real world.

A woman won't be with you just because you're "less bad" than the other men. She will be with you because of who YOU are on your own and not who you are compared to others.
Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 5:34 pm

HolyBreakOfDay wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

A woman won't be with you just because you're "less bad" than the other men. She will be with you because of who YOU are on your own and not who you are compared to others.
Well put Clap 
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 11:30 pm

I'm a good guy on my own.
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 11:32 pm

JimmyB wrote:
I'm a good guy on my own.

Whaaaaaa?
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 11:34 pm

My gf and I at work today.  This girl is so amazing.  I can't get over how awesome she is.

romance issues - Page 15 10366011
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 12:00 am

Nice couple.
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 9:54 am

You look good together!
Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
mwh
A Contender
A Contender
mwh

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 6:37 am

HolyBreakOfDay wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

Took me a long while to learn that one. In retrospect, I must have been a massive jerk...

I'd put the blame on a whole mess of social bullshit. With movies, video games, books and even old myths and such telling boys that we "win" girls as a prize, when you grow up and the world doesn't suddenly throw women at you, it's kinda confusing and can make some guys really angry with the whole thing. Need to de-program and realize that women want the same thing in a partner you do, whatever actually attracts you to one person over another is probably something that will attract someone to you over another person, rather than the fact that you're not obnoxious, or violent, or stupid, it will be the fact that you are fun or clever.

All that being said, I'm only 27 and I've already got two ex-fiances so I may not be the best source of advice...
Back to top Go down
mwh
A Contender
A Contender
mwh

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 1:54 pm

Addition- Finally got drunk/brave enough to admit to my girlfriend that I'm hopelessly in love with her. Nice to get that off my chest...
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 8:29 am

Update:Discovered the only single women left around me are nott worth my time. By that, I mean they have either no personality, or an absolutely ugly personality and I value personality above anything physical.
Back to top Go down
mwh
A Contender
A Contender
mwh

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 9:50 am

JimmyB wrote:
Update:Discovered the only single women left around me are nott worth my time.  By that, I mean they have either no personality, or an absolutely ugly personality and I value personality above anything physical.

You sure you've looked hard enough dude? That kinda sucks. You should come to Perth...
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 10:58 am

mwh wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
Update:Discovered the only single women left around me are nott worth my time.  By that, I mean they have either no personality, or an absolutely ugly personality and I value personality above anything physical.

You sure you've looked hard enough dude? That kinda sucks. You should come to Perth...
Yeah, I value personality in a place where those still single value physical beauty over emotional/personality beauty.  Sad 
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 11:31 am

JimmyB wrote:
mwh wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

Yeah, I value personality in a place where those still single value physical beauty over emotional/personality beauty.  Sad 

I don't believe this at all Jimmy. From the things you have said on here it seems all you really care about is physical beauty. If you didn't care about then I'm sure you would have a gf by now.
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 12:04 pm

Dick comment.

I deleted it.

Last edited by rumham on Sun May 25, 2014 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 12:09 pm

Dude, don't say that...
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 12:47 pm

Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 1:45 pm

Jack wrote:
Dude, don't say that...
What did they say in a general phrase?
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 1:47 pm

33RPMHero wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
mwh wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

I don't believe this at all Jimmy.  From the things you have said on here it seems all you really care about is physical beauty.  If you didn't care about then I'm sure you would have a gf by now.
You ever see my face? I have no right to only care about physical beauty. There is litterally no one left in my area that is still single, in her 20's, and not obsessed with her physical features. Oh, also not obessed wtih doing "it".
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 2:04 pm

JimmyB wrote:

You ever see my face? I have no right to only care about physical beauty. There is litterally no one left in my area that is still single, in her 20's, and not obsessed with her physical features.  Oh, also not obessed wtih doing "it".

edited for language Smile

You ARE obsessed with doing it because it comes up in so many of your posts.

I think you're obsessed in a way like you make such a point that you're NOT going to do it, that you've never even come close to DOING it.

NOBODY just fucks somebody just to do it. There's a spark, there's a charisma, there's a human connection... Maybe that grew over the period of a few hours, or maybe it grew over a few days/weeks/months... but that's up to the invidiual and YOU have no right to judge them.

I'm getting sick of this. You just judge everybody around you without actually getting to know them beyond a surface level.

Do you want to know how to get girls? It's called trying to get to KNOW them and understand who they are and sharing who you are with them.

All you do is JUDGE JUDGE JUDGE. I'm spent so much time writing thoughtful replies to your posts, and you never change anything.

You just keep pointing the finger at everyone else without actually doing anything
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 2:19 pm

What is wrong with playing with my trains. There are women who are model railroaders-granted kind of hard to find,but they exist. For example, I know one who I've tried to ask out before after knowing her for weeks. I asked her out, and she responded "It would be nice to find a guy to ask me out who is my type". It's just disappointing when some woman is that blunt-not even the "let's be friends" one. I hang out socially all the time when I am not working, and when there is something social. I let them make the first move-like if they show any interest in me (looking at me, walking over,etc), since apparently when I tried to make the first move, I came across as "creepy".
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 3:14 pm

jimmy whatever you do don't end up like the guy from the video steph posted. he shot up my school because he couldn't get laid. do your best not to feel sorry for yourself
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 4:04 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
jimmy whatever you do don't end up like the guy from the video steph posted. he shot up my school because he couldn't get laid. do your best not to feel sorry for yourself

That was your school?! My deepest condolences. No one should ever have to deal with that. Truly a sad story, which (as I have found out after reading about it) could and should have been prevented long before it came to this. Very disheartening.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 4:27 pm

Jack wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:

That was your school?! My deepest condolences. No one should ever have to deal with that. Truly a sad story, which (as I have found out after reading about it) could and should have been prevented long before it came to this. Very disheartening.

Yep. It heard it all from my apartment. The weirdest thing is that when I saw that guy's video, I knew exactly what type of guy he was. I've meet enough sexually frustrated and lonely young guys that seeing one do something this awful is truly chilling.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 4:33 pm

JimmyB wrote:
What is wrong with playing with my trains. There are women who are model railroaders-granted kind of hard to find,but they exist. For example, I know one who I've tried to ask out before after knowing her for weeks.  I asked her out, and she responded "It would be nice to find a guy to ask me out who is my type".  It's just disappointing when some woman is that blunt-not even the "let's be friends" one.  I hang out socially all the time when I am not working, and when there is something social.  I let them make the first move-like if they show any interest in me (looking at me, walking over,etc), since apparently when I tried to make the first move, I came across as "creepy".

There's nothing wrong with playing with your trains. THe point is that you need to meet people and get to now them for who they are.

Some people don't match up. I've asked out tons of girls who turned me down simply because they weren't interested in me. Not every girl is going to be a match. A girl saying you're not her type? Big deal. I've had that happen many many times, because quite frankly we aren't most girls type. Most girls aren't going to be into you. It's rare that somebody is. The rule is to get rejected, the exception is when sometimes you're given a chance.

It's easy to be creepy, we all are creepy on one level or another.

I don't know what to say man. We've all given you tons of advice but nothing seems to resonate with you.

Go seek professional help. Talk to someone who knows what they are doing to try to reconcile your struggles with relationships.

We're all fresh out of ideas. This isn't supposed to be easy.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

romance issues
Page 15 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26 ... 38  Next