DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]

Go down 
+62
bringiton_ty
HorribleCrowe
Harbortown
jonnyz83
EveryLittleSecret
YouCanCallMeSally
RobertODonnell
bakerfall
Labhras
Prisoner
DaleCooper
Breanne
The Angry Johnny Revue
Yozzy
snakester
Vibes
OldManShoes3
njguy99
prettyontheinsidex
steady now steady now
Mr.Grieves
riversedge
drifter69
colmillionaire
rumham
Raoul_Duke
Danieljsmith
CapedAvenger
mingus
IAmDisappeared
Bea
loazis
azlisa
Christophe
elliott4296
Steve70s
ghosttocoast
enola
White Man In Hammersmith
TGAFAN25
holdsteady82
gtalbott
CasanovaBaby90
JimmyB
JJW319
stephendgaf
saltandburn1967
gaslightfan89
StitchesOnTheRadio
Debonair
steph
simo
heartlikeatomb
Kosburn59
DeathoftheCool
Jack
brianisbae
eagles1139
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Don Carlo
A_Regular
Shrewsbury_Stars
66 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 1:18 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
BIGGEST TREAT OF MY LIFE!!!! It sounds different from that making of video somewhat. SO FRICKEN GOOD!!! OH MY GOSH. I loved it the first second i heard it.

Now that's the reaction I was hoping to hear! The last few posts had me a little worried. I LOVE THIS SONG AND CAN'T STOP LISTENING TO IT!

Just ignore me, I'll come around. I already like it better than I did. Watch this turn out to be my favorite song ever, haha.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 1:19 am

Nope, not listening.

Just geeked that I heard there was "Sha la la"

my favorite thing in a song...
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 1:19 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
BIGGEST TREAT OF MY LIFE!!!! It sounds different from that making of video somewhat. SO FRICKEN GOOD!!! OH MY GOSH. I loved it the first second i heard it.

Now that's the reaction I was hoping to hear! The last few posts had me a little worried. I LOVE THIS SONG AND CAN'T STOP LISTENING TO IT!

Just ignore me, I'll come around. I already like it better than I did. Watch this turn out to be my favorite song ever, haha.

Haha....I think you will grow to love it! What is it that you aren't a fan of?
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 1:21 am

I love this song so much...I happen to relate to it a lot, too. Well, I relate to it through someone, but relate to it all the same.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 1:22 am

The 12 String is back in popular music again. I have been brought to tears-in a god way.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 1:22 am

JimmyB wrote:
The 12 String is back in popular music again. I have been brought to tears-in a god way.

Amen brother!!!!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 1:33 am

saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

I'm already starting to cross over from like to love. I think a couple things happened...

1. I listened to the making of clip WAY too much so I wanted the parts I heard to sound exactly like that.
2. The opening part made my brain go immediately to Springsteen and Tom Petty but I felt like later it was more Gaslight. It kinda just messed with my head. I felt like it sounded like a cover.
3. I love/hate syncopation. It's a cool sound but it drives me nuts because I can't tap my foot to it and not feel weird.

I'm also bad at immediately loving songs. My brain like doesn't know how to form an opinion until I've listened like 6 or 7 times.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 1:37 am

saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

I'm already starting to cross over from like to love. I think a couple things happened...

1. I listened to the making of clip WAY too much so I wanted the parts I heard to sound exactly like that.
2. The opening part made my brain go immediately to Springsteen and Tom Petty but I felt like later it was more Gaslight. It kinda just messed with my head. I felt like it sounded like a cover.
3. I love/hate syncopation. It's a cool sound but it drives me nuts because I can't tap my foot to it and not feel weird.

I'm also bad at immediately loving songs. My brain like doesn't know how to form an opinion until I've listened like 6 or 7 times.

Haha, I didn't think it would happen that quick but I see what you are getting at in all three reasons. I loved how it sounded in the making of video BUT I love that it sounded fresh in the actual song. I wonder what we can expect from "Handwritten" and "Too Much Blood". Will they also sound different? Only time will tell. Also, the beginning does have Tom Petty vibe to it, I didnt realize that until you mentioned it.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 1:51 am

I hear the Bruce Springsteen Jerseyshore sound style in it. Plus the second guitar part sounds like something Nils Lofgren would play
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 1:53 am

I'm hearing more the Phil Spector Wall Of Sound/Born To Run sound than the Jersey Shore sound, but I get what you're saying. This won't quiet the Bruce comparisons for sure.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 1:57 am

JohnnyC wrote:
I'm hearing more the Phil Spector Wall Of Sound/Born To Run sound than the Jersey Shore sound, but I get what you're saying. This won't quiet the Bruce comparisons for sure.
Yeah, I don't mind it at all-although Alex Does Laughing But yeah, I consider there are four types of Jersey shore sound....Early, Springsteen, Asbury Park, and Post Springsteen. This sounds Like Springsteen shore sound with a dash of tom petty.
Back to top Go down
CasanovaBaby90
A Contender
A Contender
CasanovaBaby90

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 1:59 am

So I just got home about half an hour ago and logged on to see that this song has been added to their website. I said I'd go and get a drink then come back give it a listen. I haven't yet. Not sure if I want to hear it or just wait for the entire leak and hear the album as it all sounds together. I'm torn right now!
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 2:01 am

CasanovaBaby90 wrote:
So I just got home about half an hour ago and logged on to see that this song has been added to their website. I said I'd go and get a drink then come back give it a listen. I haven't yet. Not sure if I want to hear it or just wait for the entire leak and hear the album as it all sounds together. I'm torn right now!

You should listen to it. You will not be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 2:01 am

JimmyB wrote:
I hear the Bruce Springsteen Jerseyshore sound style in it. Plus the second guitar part sounds like something Nils Lofgren would play

Hmm that's interesting. I didn't get the shore vibe from it at all. I got more a recent springsteen vibe. Especially from the backing vocals, that's what did it. Like if TGA covered a song from The Rising or later. I hear more of a Springsteen influence here than I do in any other Gaslight song. I honestly never got why they got sooooo compared to him previously. Other than Brian also being a brilliant songwriter and singing about the Jersey shore. This legit has a similar sound at times.

I get the wall of sound vibe (which I know was used on the born to run album) but otherwise I don't get a Born to Run vibe at all. This is the first time I'd really compare them to Springsteen. The only artist I've studied more than TGA is Springsteen and I always thought the amount of comparison to Springsteen was ridiculous but I hear it here.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 2:03 am

JimmyB wrote:

Hmm that's interesting. I didn't get the shore vibe from it at all. I got more a recent springsteen vibe. Especially from the backing vocals, that's what did it. Like if TGA covered a song from The Rising or later. I hear more of a Springsteen influence here than I do in any other Gaslight song. I honestly never got why they got sooooo compared to him previously. Other than Brian also being a brilliant songwriter and singing about the Jersey shore. This legit has a similar sound at times.

I get the wall of sound vibe (which I know was used on the born to run album) but otherwise I don't get a Born to Run vibe at all. This is the first time I'd really compare them to Springsteen. The only artist I've studied more than TGA is Springsteen and I always thought the amount of comparison to Springsteen was ridiculous but I hear it here.

Yep, I'd agree iwth this. Although I think Diamond Church Street Choir has the easy lilt of some JSS songs.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 2:03 am

JimmyB wrote:

I meant like the mixing for The Shore vibe....Lyrics deffinately scream what could have fit with "Magic" era.
Back to top Go down
gtalbott
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
gtalbott

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 2:04 am

^TOTALLY agree. The chimes are VERY Born to Run, and hearing a Specter Wall of Sound, too, at least more than earlier stuff. This seriously actually could have been arranged by Landau
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 2:17 am

I mean there's no doubt their catalogue of music as a whole has a jersey shore vibe. It is where they're from after all.

I think people just don't know what to do with this band that isn't just another band from the shore. They're like "TGA isn't Springsteen, but they're not just another Jersey band they're better, so they're like Springsteen?" It's like if you're from Jersey and you're not just good you're great, then you must be like Springsteen. I'm not denying the influence, I just think people say there's more than there is.

I agree this could have been arranged by Bruce and Landau (Bruce has a very big hand in his arrangements, I feel weird giving Landau all the credit)
Back to top Go down
holdsteady82
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 2:23 am

I'm three listens in and I'm starting to like it a bit more with each listen. It's definitely not a song that I'm quickly attracted to upon first listen. I think I like 45 better than this and to be honest, I like 45 and all, but I'm not crazy about it. My reaction to these two songs is giving me a bad feeling. Thing is.....I thought I was really going to love this song from what I heard in the "Making of Handwritten" clips; I was anticipating it for sure. I guess I loved what I heard in the clips and when it didn't sound like that, it probably threw me off and was kind of a let down. It's weird though, there's parts of the song that really "hit home" and sound perfect to me, but after it reaches a certain point following the first minute or so, it almost seems like it goes in a unexpected direction that I don't like. Maybe it's just the way the song is arranged/put together. Hopefully on the album version I'll like both 45 and Here Comes My Man much better, as I'm so excited for this album and want it to live up to my expectations so bad. Sorry for rambling.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 2:39 am

I love the way it goes from acoustic to full band in the making of video...

I think it suffers from sounding non-dimensional and kind of the same the whole way through when it's full band form start to finish...
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 2:49 am

holdsteady82 wrote:
I'm three listens in and I'm starting to like it a bit more with each listen. It's definitely not a song that I'm quickly attracted to upon first listen. I think I like 45 better than this and to be honest, I like 45 and all, but I'm not crazy about it. My reaction to these two songs is giving me a bad feeling. Thing is.....I thought I was really going to love this song from what I heard in the "Making of Handwritten" clips; I was anticipating it for sure. I guess I loved what I heard in the clips and when it didn't sound like that, it probably threw me off and was kind of a let down. It's weird though, there's parts of the song that really "hit home" and sound perfect to me, but after it reaches a certain point following the first minute or so, it almost seems like it goes in a unexpected direction that I don't like. Maybe it's just the way the song is arranged/put together. Hopefully on the album version I'll like both 45 and Here Comes My Man much better, as I'm so excited for this album and want it to live up to my expectations so bad. Sorry for rambling.

That's EXACTLY how I felt after only 3 listens. I'm on like listen 10 now and I like it better. Maybe even love it. But I doubt it'll ever be one of my favorite TGA songs. I felt that shift too and I feel like it's 2 maybe even 3 different songs. It starts one place then like halfway through the first verse it's like somewhere else, then the bridge takes it to another place. Keep listening though. It has helped me come around somewhat.

I like 45 a lot but things like what speakers I'm hearing it out of, if it's live or recorded, how loud is it, my mood, can take me from "eh it's ok" to "this is one of my favorites".

And I agree rkirkpatrick25, I don't think it has to necessarily transition from acoustic but I think there's too much going on and it suffers from it. I'm so distracted. I feel like there are so many things calling for my attention on a song that is more powerful when you clear all that stuff out. Or at least don't have it call all at once. The amount of backing vocals is too much. They're more subtle on previous albums but now I'm like "wait who do I listen to?"

This is like the 45 video. If I didn't know what it could have been I wouldn't be irritated when I see/hear the final product.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 3:33 am

I just wanted to say, I listened to Elsie 3 times through before I even found one song I moderately liked.

Elsie is now one of my favorite albums of all time.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 3:42 am

MattL wrote:
I just wanted to say, I listened to Elsie 3 times through before I even found one song I moderately liked.

Elsie is now one of my favorite albums of all time.

I loved Elsie on first listen, but the more and more it sunk it the better it got..

The problem I'm having with this tune is that nothing really stands out to me about it....

The more I hear it though, the more I like it Smile
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 3:48 am

It's the INTRO! That's it, that's what's bugging me. The intro is textbook Springsteen. It could have been the intro to a song on Wrecking Ball (which Brendan O'Brien recorded like right before he worked with TGA so I'm not surprised).
After that I'm fine with it. I even love it. Just gonna have to start the song right at the first verse when I listen to it I guess. That's annoying. The intro legit makes me angry (I hope I get over that).

I said I was going offline hours ago but I've been listening to this song like it's a puzzle to solve.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 4:22 am

It's the INTRO! That's it, that's what's bugging me. The intro is textbook Springsteen. It could have been the intro to a song on Wrecking Ball (which Brendan O'Brien recorded like right before he worked with TGA so I'm not surprised).

O'Brien didn't produce the Wrecking Ball album - that would be Ron Aniello.

I'm off to listen now! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next