DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]

Go down 
+62
bringiton_ty
HorribleCrowe
Harbortown
jonnyz83
EveryLittleSecret
YouCanCallMeSally
RobertODonnell
bakerfall
Labhras
Prisoner
DaleCooper
Breanne
The Angry Johnny Revue
Yozzy
snakester
Vibes
OldManShoes3
njguy99
prettyontheinsidex
steady now steady now
Mr.Grieves
riversedge
drifter69
colmillionaire
rumham
Raoul_Duke
Danieljsmith
CapedAvenger
mingus
IAmDisappeared
Bea
loazis
azlisa
Christophe
elliott4296
Steve70s
ghosttocoast
enola
White Man In Hammersmith
TGAFAN25
holdsteady82
gtalbott
CasanovaBaby90
JimmyB
JJW319
stephendgaf
saltandburn1967
gaslightfan89
StitchesOnTheRadio
Debonair
steph
simo
heartlikeatomb
Kosburn59
DeathoftheCool
Jack
brianisbae
eagles1139
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Don Carlo
A_Regular
Shrewsbury_Stars
66 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:05 am

I have a super shitty rip, but I don't think it's allowed to be posted anyway (and really, I mean shitty.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:05 am

Raoul_Duke wrote:
eeeaaaaaaand its gone!! (South Park, anyone?)

any chance someone could get the youtube version on here.

'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 5 Reet-poofff

Last edited by MattL on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:06 am

Christophe wrote:
I don't get how it could be a mistake to put the song up on the official website scratch

Surely they just put it on there for a while to give us a taste and then took it down. I am glad it is gone now cos I must have played it at least half a dozen times this morning!

They don't do that themselves. It was definitely a fuck up.
Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:09 am

Hehe, so there goes my moral dilemma Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:09 am

Steve70s wrote:
Here Comes My Man, to me, sounds more like it should be on a Horrible Crowes record.

45 has really grown on me though after initially being slightly underwhelmed.

It's interesting that the making of Handwritten films reference following up American Slang as a writer.

As if Elsie never really happened - given the massive links between the two bands it just feels kind of strange seeing as Brian Fallon is the songwriter for both bands.

Here's where I give Brian major credit, I think he has done an excellent job of creating a distinction between the horrible crowes and gaslight projects. I've never really felt like certain songs on Elsie sound like they belong on a specific gaslight record and vice versa with Gaslight heart break songs belonging on Elsie with the exception of we did it when we were young.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:10 am

dan gaslight wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
It's the INTRO! That's it, that's what's bugging me. The intro is textbook Springsteen. It could have been the intro to a song on Wrecking Ball (which Brendan O'Brien recorded like right before he worked with TGA so I'm not surprised).

O'Brien didn't produce the Wrecking Ball album - that would be Ron Aniello.

I'm off to listen now! Very Happy

Ah crap you're right. Ignore me. I keep forgetting that.

I don't agree with you're comment though about it not sounding at all springsteen and some poeple just always wanna call everything they do springsteen. i mean some people do but that's not what I'm doing and I said that specifically. I don't hear the springsteen influence at all in any of their other songs but it's unbelievably present in the intro to this one.

Who ever said "I'll never like the intro" I have a feeling that will be the case with me too. Right now I hate it and love the rest of the song.

Last edited by StitchesOnTheRadio on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:16 am

I agree that them being compared to Bruce is getting old, but the thing is, this DOES sound like something off Born To Run
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:16 am

(Also Wrecking Ball is fucking awesome)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:17 am

Uh, just to be clear, I'm not going to upload the rip anywhere, and I'm also very squeamish about sending the file in emails. Moral compass and all that. It feels wrong.

Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:19 am

I have no morals but my rip sounds like it's being played through a vuvuzela under water
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:21 am

Not offering the rip to anyone, so don't ask.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:24 am

Bluuu wrote:
(Also Wrecking Ball is fucking awesome)

Wrecking Ball IS awesome but when I listen to Bruce I wanna hear Bruce and when I listen to Gaslight I wanna hear Gaslight and 99.9% of the time I do! It's literally just this intro. I don't hear Born to Run at all I just hear a Wrecking Ball style intro.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:26 am

I mean I heard Born To Run in the layering and chimey xylophone stuff in the background. Unless I'm insane and made that up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:26 am

I just reread the official announcement and it turns out offering and requesting rips, in addition to posting them, are against the rules, so please, please don't ask me for it. Because I'm going to have to refuse, and I'm going to feel bad about it since it's such a great song.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:28 am

Dawg, we get it
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:30 am

Matt L, I'm a bit confused, are you offering the rip to anyone?

Last edited by Shrewsbury_Stars on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:30 am

I'm just making sure so I don't get eaten by requests (and consequently, banned).

Very funny. You guys just don't understand what it's like to be in a position of such corruptible power.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:31 am

Bluuu wrote:
I mean I heard Born To Run in the layering and chimey xylophone stuff in the background. Unless I'm insane and made that up.

I guess that's fair. I guess that's just one that didn't jump out at me. It's more like an influence than a straight up "this doesn't sound like you it sounds like someone else" deal. Eh I don't wanna keep harping on these comparisons and I've put WAY too much negativity on this thread already for a song that I do love (except the intro).
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:31 am

It will be back on youtube soon I'd reckon. I've seen rips on a fuckton of forums already. Also What.cd
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:32 am

Bluuu wrote:

I guess that's fair. I guess that's just one that didn't jump out at me. It's more like an influence than a straight up "this doesn't sound like you it sounds like someone else" deal. Eh I don't wanna keep harping on these comparisons and I've put WAY too much negativity on this thread already for a song that I do love (except the intro).

LOVE THE INTRO LOVE THE INTRO Frying Pan Frying Pan Frying Pan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:34 am

I'm not sure why everyone's giving the intro such hate. Very standard scale riff, very Gaslight sounding. Is it the effect of the guitar that everyone's disliking?

I swear I'm going crazy, because I keep hearing a chiming sort of sound in the background that reminds me of a sound effect from Sonic the Hedeghog. Please tell me someone else hears this chiming.

Last edited by MattL on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:36 am

WHY IS IT GONE?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:36 am

Bluuu wrote:
Bluuu wrote:

LOVE THE INTRO LOVE THE INTRO Frying Pan Frying Pan Frying Pan

Hahaha I'm sure I will eventually. I do love it, if it was in a song by a certain other artist.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:39 am

MattL wrote:
I'm not sure why everyone's giving the intro such hate. Very standard scale riff, very Gaslight sounding. Is it the effect of the guitar that everyone's disliking?

Speaking for myself only, I don't hate it. I just hate it in a Gaslight song b/c my brain goes "is this a Springsteen song? Maybe Tom Petty?" Verse comes in "oh it's Gaslight" and that bugs the crap outta me. This happens on a subconscious level, I'm not trying to hear these influences. The effect on the guitar is what makes me think Petty and the drums are what make me think springsteen.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:39 am

MattL wrote:

I swear I'm going crazy, because I keep hearing a chiming sort of sound in the background that reminds me of a sound effect from Sonic the Hedeghog. Please tell me someone else hears this chiming.

I do
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next