DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]

Go down 
+62
bringiton_ty
HorribleCrowe
Harbortown
jonnyz83
EveryLittleSecret
YouCanCallMeSally
RobertODonnell
bakerfall
Labhras
Prisoner
DaleCooper
Breanne
The Angry Johnny Revue
Yozzy
snakester
Vibes
OldManShoes3
njguy99
prettyontheinsidex
steady now steady now
Mr.Grieves
riversedge
drifter69
colmillionaire
rumham
Raoul_Duke
Danieljsmith
CapedAvenger
mingus
IAmDisappeared
Bea
loazis
azlisa
Christophe
elliott4296
Steve70s
ghosttocoast
enola
White Man In Hammersmith
TGAFAN25
holdsteady82
gtalbott
CasanovaBaby90
JimmyB
JJW319
stephendgaf
saltandburn1967
gaslightfan89
StitchesOnTheRadio
Debonair
steph
simo
heartlikeatomb
Kosburn59
DeathoftheCool
Jack
brianisbae
eagles1139
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Don Carlo
A_Regular
Shrewsbury_Stars
66 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 1:00 am

I listened to this 50 times already. crap.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 1:03 am

azlisa wrote:
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 1:07 am

This song is fire. This album is going to catapult them so far. I can't wait. So happy for the guys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 1:18 am

azlisa wrote:

I think I listened to it more than that Embarassed ...before it was taken down. I think I'm still going through withdrawals. It's such a good song!
Back to top Go down
snakester
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 1:52 am

I can't believe I missed this! I guess I'm not as hardcore as I thought I was... Sad
Back to top Go down
Yozzy
A Contender
A Contender
Yozzy

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 1:54 am

It's still streaming online, and I have the link, but is that against the forums rules to post it?
Back to top Go down
snakester
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 1:56 am

Yozzy wrote:
It's still streaming online, and I have the link, but is that against the forums rules to post it?

Is it still up on their website? I'm not seeing it.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 2:00 am

Yozzy wrote:

were you in a video that i saw on Vimeo? an interview w/ Alex R. before a show @ some Canadian venue a few years back, someone asked kids out in line what their fave Gaslight song was?
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 2:38 am

Dont like the slightly higher pitch moments in brian's vocals that the new songs seem to have. Was hoping for a rougher gravelly sound after hearing the iTUnes session.
Back to top Go down
Yozzy
A Contender
A Contender
Yozzy

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 2:39 am

steph wrote:
Yozzy wrote:

were you in a video that i saw on Vimeo? an interview w/ Alex R. before a show @ some Canadian venue a few years back, someone asked kids out in line what their fave Gaslight song was?

Haha, this is incredible! Yes, that was me, at my first Gaslight show at Call the Office in London, Ontario! I thought it'd be a fitting avatar, but never thought anyone would have recognized it let alone seen that video!
Back to top Go down
Yozzy
A Contender
A Contender
Yozzy

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 2:43 am

snakester wrote:

Is it still up on their website? I'm not seeing it.

Nope, not on their site anymore.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 2:44 am

haha. not sure why, but i totally remember you! i guess that makes you famous in a way Razz

i saw that video & posted it on here a long time ago Smile
Back to top Go down
Yozzy
A Contender
A Contender
Yozzy

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 2:47 am

Haha no way! Does that make me VIP on these boards? Laughing
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 2:52 am

no, sorry, you gotta get to know people around here before you get to be VIP Cool

it's still cool that you were in that video though, don't cry too much Smile
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 2:56 am

maybe tiiiiiiiiiime will tell you
pirat
one of these one of these one of these one of these one of these one of these days
Back to top Go down
Yozzy
A Contender
A Contender
Yozzy

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 3:29 am

I actually like this song more than 45. But that's probably cause I like the slower, softer stuff more. I'd take Elsie over any Gaslight record, pending Handwritten, of course.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 3:35 am

Yozzy wrote:
I actually like this song more than 45. But that's probably cause I like the slower, softer stuff more. I'd take Elsie over any Gaslight record, pending Handwritten, of course.

I ALMOST completely agree except american slang has my heart, it's an inexplicable thing. it made me realize how good they were with the up front leads and brian's vocals.
but elsie is pretty damn great, and I'm so pumped for handwritten!!!! i thought here comes my man would be the holy shit track for me, kinda like diamond church street choir/bring it on or go tell everybody, but i'm reserving that distinction for a song yet to be heard on the new album bounce
Back to top Go down
snakester
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 1:05 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
Yozzy wrote:

I ALMOST completely agree except american slang has my heart, it's an inexplicable thing. it made me realize how good they were with the up front leads and brian's vocals.
but elsie is pretty damn great, and I'm so pumped for handwritten!!!! i thought here comes my man would be the holy shit track for me, kinda like diamond church street choir/bring it on or go tell everybody, but i'm reserving that distinction for a song yet to be heard on the new album bounce

Here Comes My Man gave me shivers the first time I heard it, but I agree with you; especially with what I keep hearing about National Anthem.
Back to top Go down
Yozzy
A Contender
A Contender
Yozzy

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 1:27 pm

snakester wrote:

Here Comes My Man gave me shivers the first time I heard it, but I agree with you; especially with what I keep hearing about National Anthem.

Shivers indeed! Those verses are incredible.
Back to top Go down
gaslightfan89
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 7:42 pm

IAmDisappeared wrote:
love it.

sounds like a song Brian could have written for Katy Perry, Rihanna etc etc and it would be a massive hit.

I didn't think of it like that till I read that post. It sounds like something that could be a pop song in the hands of a pop artist. But for Brian you can clearly see the lyrics mean a lot to him and that he preforms and arranges in such a way that doesn't lend its self to that.

Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 9:57 pm

gaslightfan89 wrote:
IAmDisappeared wrote:
love it.

sounds like a song Brian could have written for Katy Perry, Rihanna etc etc and it would be a massive hit.

I didn't think of it like that till I read that post. It sounds like something that could be a pop song in the hands of a pop artist. But for Brian you can clearly see the lyrics mean a lot to him and that he preforms and arranges in such a way that doesn't lend its self to that.

Nah. Its entirely too creative and heartfelt, haha. I see your point though. Take out a few lines, swap a few words for more generic terms and you'd have the best song katy perry ever wrote haha.
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 10:26 pm

what's the point of deleting youtube links?

I get it you want to respect the band but this is just ridiculous. Everyone wants to hear it, whether it was an intentional leak or not shouldn't matter at this point. It's online now and no one can undo it.

Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 10:39 pm

chanter wrote:
what's the point of deleting youtube links?

I get it you want to respect the band but this is just ridiculous. Everyone wants to hear it, whether it was an intentional leak or not shouldn't matter at this point. It's online now and no one can undo it.

I know for a fact that the YouTube video will be taken down for copyright infringement. Its happened before and it will happen again.

For people wonder what is allowed to be posted and what isnt: Anything that infringes copyrights can't be posted here.

If respecting the band isn't enough for you then maybe the following is: The forum could seriously get in trouble because its against the hosting companies policy to distribute copyright material. So to sum up - we could get shut down. Especially now that gaslight has a major label behind them, we don't want to get on their bad side.

And finding rips is easy, you don't need to come here to find them. I have been nice and have just been deleting posts instead of banning BUT I WILL START BANNING if people continue. So please don't.
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 10:42 pm

lets just talk about how fantastic the song is Smile
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 10:43 pm

azlisa wrote:
lets just talk about how fantastic the song is Smile

One of the most fantastic songs ever!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next