DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog in

"Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

"Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com  Empty
PostSubject: "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com    "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 1:53 pm

The good folks over @RollingStone are about to debut the @horriblecrowes new album #Elsie in it's entirety on their web site

http://twitter.com/#!/side_one_dummy

Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com    "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 3:14 pm

nearly beat the leak!
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com    "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 3:17 pm

I refuse to listen to the leak but I will gladly give up to the streaming, JUST HURRY.
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com    "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 3:24 pm

plugga wrote:
I refuse to listen to the leak but I will gladly give up to the streaming, JUST HURRY.

My thoughts exactly
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com    "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 3:57 pm

Elise.

:XD
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com    "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 4:44 pm

Yeah. I bought the deluex bundle. Its really annoying that a bunch of impaient kids who probably didn't even pay anything at all are getting to listen to the album before me / in a manner Brian didn't intend. I shouldn't be punished for respecting my favorite singer. I've been refreshing S1Ds twitter and Rolling stone all morning doing stuff like

seeing

Quote :

Exclusive blahblahblahb via @rollingstone http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/blahblahblah

on S1D's twitter feed and

Quote :
Exclusive Stream: blablahblah

on Rolling Stone's news. Its like they are intentionally messing with me!
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com    "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 4:55 pm

Its up! Just needed to complain!
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com    "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 4:57 pm

CluckyB wrote:
Its up! Just needed to complain!

link?!
Back to top Go down
Jules
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com    "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 5:01 pm

Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com    "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 5:01 pm

Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com    "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 5:04 pm

Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com    "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 5:13 pm

Thanks--it's on now
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com    "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 5:16 pm

Efffff anyone else find the stream for cherry blossoms is broken? You get the first 15 seconds and then it skips to lady killer =(
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com    "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 5:23 pm

CluckyB wrote:
Efffff anyone else find the stream for cherry blossoms is broken? You get the first 15 seconds and then it skips to lady killer =(

works for me

-edit-
scratch that, it's not working for me either
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com    "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 5:34 pm

bloodloss didn't work either =(
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com    "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 5:40 pm

I can't bring myself to listen to this yet. Too much going on around me. This will need proper dedication.

http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com    "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 5:45 pm

Love it, however them tracks skipped for me too Sad I need to listen to it again later
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com    "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 5:54 pm

People say this album leaked, but can you really say it did? I mean people got their preorders as early as Tuesday or like me went to the record store and picked it up early. It wasn't like side one got a copy stolen or something, they intentionally sent this stuff out. To me since they were preorders and record store copies its no different than someone who bought it on release day and uploaded it

I say elsie beat the leak, but everyone is entitled to their opinions

I think also if you bought the album there's no harm in hearing it- if you didn't well your just a jerk

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.

Last edited by Debonair on Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pel.71
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Pel.71

PostSubject: Re: "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com    "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 5:54 pm

im not listening either.... going to wait .. patience is a virtue , as my mother used to say ..
Back to top Go down
Kilgore Trout
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com    "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 6:25 pm

I can't speak about the pre-orders, but Debonair, it's worth keeping in mind that when a store puts out an album early, they know exactly what they're doing. Usually, with a long awaited record, shops will put them out to get people stoked on finding it in that particular store. I personally love this (which is of course exactly what they want), but there's no two ways about it: they're not supposed to do that. This is arguably just as unscrupulous as, say, a critic leaking it to his friends and then whoring out the link, or some jerk at the pressing plant recognizing that people are waiting eagerly for a given album.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com    "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 6:27 pm

I'd say it leaked, but leaking 4 or 5 days before release date is really good these days.
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com    "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 6:36 pm

feckin thing keeps skipping all over the shop! only on the 4th track now, liking it so far
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com    "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 6:38 pm

Labhras wrote:
on the 4th track now
which is very old haunts btw!
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com    "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 6:54 pm

Like I said kilgore it people opinion, which I respect I wouldn't tell anybody what to believe because I wouldn't want the same.

The reason I don't think it leaked is because side one sent these out to be purchased by consumers as well sent out their preorders as early as last week(look on thc Facebook and read some peoples post about when they got email confirmation) so they shipped almost 2-3 weeks early. In my eyes just with the preorders alone that's side one giving an a.o.k from both the band and themselves for people to start listening to it/ getting copies. And the copies were purchased not given, or stolen and shared. They were legitly bought by consumers and uploaded, like what would happen on release day if preorders came on release day.

Don't get me wrong either way uploaded music is illegal whether on release day or not

And once again people are entitled to their opinions, no anger from me, I see both sides of the argument and each has valuable points

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
Kilgore Trout
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com    "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 6:58 pm

Oh definitely, and you're almost certainly right about how it got loose. But even though it's not technically a leak, it is now readily available for anybody looking not to pay for it, which, although I get Mr. Fallon's gripes, is not only a given in this day and age, but sort of a good thing. Like Henry Rollins said, "I'd rather get heard than paid."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com    "Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Elise" streaming on RollingStone.com
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next