DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)

Go down 
+126
cdala
33RPMHero
thebiglebowski
Halcyon
Breanne
HolyBreakOfDay
betweenthewaxandtheneedle
visible_karma
sandinista
TrickyNick
encobel
henn
big blue
moonlight
OutOfStep
The Cool
AlrightToDrive
Reinvent good times
Tiffany
spork13
Hanswurst
HeardItLikeAShot
HighLonesome
janiejones
infoghost
redheadchick
'49mercury
matkins
19thirty
logan2u
moodydan
JonnyisRFC
pjpitt89
luckyman
Paddy
Holland
Hirti
DiamondSinatra
Emusic
SubconsciousRitual
onbackstreetsinbackseats
Kosburn59
kirstyt
TheContender
RandyMachoManCabbage
NeverSeenaTwoStep
El Jefe
bringiton_ty
CapedAvenger
thurman
dancs85
pjjankunas
bt211
dustinpardue
ManasquanMike
EveryLittleSecret
cruzila
megan125
Nothingman
oli1980
Shrewsbury_Stars
steph
Rizz
prettyontheinsidex
AGoodTime
outerheaven
cmigs
fatbench
loazis
failurebytopher
MetallicaTourCamper
DeathoftheCool
Keeb631
westwingjl
TGAforLIFE
JimmyB
Zach_Edelman
sadly_ecstatic
steady now steady now
rumham
YouCanCallMeSally
Velocity
mvw
miked331
Grant Michael
ashleybb
TGAFAN25
Casey
oh_megan
SirBrad
A_Regular
bakerfall
Down by the Mersey
White Man In Hammersmith
saltandburn1967
fullcollapse
J.B.R.
njguy99
ral
brucesboots
JJW319
plugga
jdc
Debonair
Mikael
Jerseyrain
bringiton
Van Der Twix
LuceroDiehard
VanillaMintFusion
Camus
moosicmaniac
Daire
Raoul_Duke
Labhras
Joe Thumb
NYYFAN523
NeverTrustAJunkie
EmptySoul89
colmillionaire
simo
azlisa
IrishNameAndAnInjury
StitchesOnTheRadio
Klown
enola
130 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 9:18 am

The first year of this has been kind of awful for me really. Ticket buying is useless, no entry to any UK radio/TV sessions, not even to the Johnny Cupcakes thing. Holiday 7" delayed indefinitely along with two tracks thrown together and this thing with the poster.

Hopefully they'll learn and improve it for next year.
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 2:53 pm

I have a question for those of you that bought tickets through the fan club. I bought two for the Atlanta show in March. The show isn't sold out, so I really could have just bought them through Ticketmaster. (I'm still hoping they do some special pre-show events like a sound check listen for the Fan Club ticket holders, but I'm not putting too much into that.)
The fan club tickets say will-call. Did those of you picking up your tickets feel like you were delayed getting into the venue because of this? (I know it is going to vary from venue to venue). I'm nervous because while I like to get to their shows early to stand up front, I won't be able to arrive very early this time. (Boo for a husband who don't understand my need to stand close to the front Mad Rolling Eyes ) I also understand that since I'm the only one who can pick up the tickets, he will have to be with me.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 2:57 pm

I've never seen so many fanboys and fangirls complain as much as y'all
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 3:09 pm

A_Regular wrote:

Head over to the PJ forums today after the Wrigley 10C ticket lottery results from yesterday...
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 3:17 pm

bringiton wrote:
The first year of this has been kind of awful for me really. Ticket buying is useless, no entry to any UK radio/TV sessions, not even to the Johnny Cupcakes thing. Holiday 7" delayed indefinitely along with two tracks thrown together and this thing with the poster.

To be fair they never said that stuff like radio sessions would be apart of the club so that's not an expectation they failed to meet. I'm surprised you guys in the UK don't have a use for the ticket buying thing. I thought they were big there. But if ya don't, ya don't. I think it's lucky that we got the tracks rather than waiting till god knows when for the 7". The poster thing is shitty I agree with that, but I don't think they intended to do it this way.

All I'm saying is, it's easy to be frustrated but at the end of the day, given the circumstances, I think they did alright for the first 6 months of a fan club that costs them more than they make. But you're right, hopefully they can work out kinks and make it even better by year two!

Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 6:13 pm

A_Regular wrote:

I haven't been very sympathetic to the majority of the complaints I've seen about the club, but you have to admit it's kinda sucky that the people who jumped on the poster sale right away got slighted out of autographed prints.
Back to top Go down
Preston_Gaslight
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 7:47 pm

I signed up for the FC about a week ago now. I'm from Preston, England. I was just wondering does the package actually come in about 6 weeks like they have stated or is it longer on shorter? I absolutely love TGA and I couldn't wait to join up and throw on my tee! Let me know, thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 7:51 pm

I bought a poster the minute they went on sale (literally). Sure, I'm disappointed mine isn't signed, but I'm wondering if they guys were out of the area at that time and just weren't around to sign. I haven't compared calendars or anything. I really think they didn't plan on signing them, but were asked at the last minute to sign in order to get them moving. I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. (I'm also thinking of how much my hand would start to hurt if I had to sign that many posters. I know, not an excuse, but it really would suck).
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 7:53 pm

Preston_Gaslight wrote:
I signed up for the FC about a week ago now. I'm from Preston, England. I was just wondering does the package actually come in about 6 weeks like they have stated or is it longer on shorter? I absolutely love TGA and I couldn't wait to join up and throw on my tee! Let me know, thanks Smile

Hi! Welcome wave Many of us waited for months to get the FC package, but it was when everyone was signing up at the same time almost. Hopefully someone who ordered recently can help with an answer. I'm sure you will have much quicker delivery.
Back to top Go down
Preston_Gaslight
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 8:35 pm

[/quote] Hi! Welcome wave Many of us waited for months to get the FC package, but it was when everyone was signing up at the same time almost. Hopefully someone who ordered recently can help with an answer. I'm sure you will have much quicker delivery. [/quote]

Thanks! Hopefully, someone who has ordered recently will help me out and give me some info on here. How is the package itself when you finally got it? And what about the Holiday 7''? Will that be shipped as soon as they release it for the club? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 1:17 am

Preston_Gaslight wrote:
Hi! Welcome wave Many of us waited for months to get the FC package, but it was when everyone was signing up at the same time almost. Hopefully someone who ordered recently can help with an answer. I'm sure you will have much quicker delivery. [/quote]

Thanks! Hopefully, someone who has ordered recently will help me out and give me some info on here. How is the package itself when you finally got it? And what about the Holiday 7''? Will that be shipped as soon as they release it for the club? Very Happy [/quote]

I didn't order it recently so I can't help you with when the package is delivered but from what I heard regarding the 7", people who joined fairly recently didn't get the downloads when they came out so it doesn't look good for getting this years 7". I don't know when the cutoff for that was but you're probably out of luck there unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 8:32 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
bringiton wrote:

To be fair they never said that stuff like radio sessions would be apart of the club so that's not an expectation they failed to meet. I'm surprised you guys in the UK don't have a use for the ticket buying thing. I thought they were big there. But if ya don't, ya don't. I think it's lucky that we got the tracks rather than waiting till god knows when for the 7". The poster thing is shitty I agree with that, but I don't think they intended to do it this way.

All I'm saying is, it's easy to be frustrated but at the end of the day, given the circumstances, I think they did alright for the first 6 months of a fan club that costs them more than they make. But you're right, hopefully they can work out kinks and make it even better by year two!

No but USA fans got access to a bunch of stuff and it really woudn't have been hard at all to get 10 spots for fan club members. They're kind of big, not hugely though and with O2 pre-sales they were no use. I think one of the pre-sales was given to people outside the fan club too.

I just think if they're letting people pay for a service they should do it properly and not half ass it.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 12:23 pm

bringiton wrote:

No but USA fans got access to a bunch of stuff and it really woudn't have been hard at all to get 10 spots for fan club members. They're kind of big, not hugely though and with O2 pre-sales they were no use. I think one of the pre-sales was given to people outside the fan club too.

I just think if they're letting people pay for a service they should do it properly and not half ass it.

While I agree it would be great if they offered spots at things like in-store performances and radio appearances, what else has been offered besides the Live on Letterman set? I don't remember US fans getting invited to a bunch of stuff at all.
Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 12:38 pm

Jimmy Fallon too right?

I just want it to be a little bit better, hopefully they'll learn from this year and improve it
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 12:43 pm

bringiton wrote:
Jimmy Fallon too right?

I just want it to be a little bit better, hopefully they'll learn from this year and improve it

That was merely a link to Jimmy Fallon's website where anyone could signup, not just fan club members. The show handled everything and does the band bench for most musical guests.

I hear you though and I know they're trying.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 8:49 pm

ral wrote:
bringiton wrote:
Jimmy Fallon too right?

That was merely a link to Jimmy Fallon's website where anyone could signup, not just fan club members. The show handled everything and does the band bench for most musical guests.

I hear you though and I know they're trying.

Besides, only people in the NYC area benefited from Letterman. The US is HUGE. That can be an expensive/pain in the neck, trip for many people who live in the north east let alone any other part of the country.

I hear ya though, that's frustrating. Hopefully in the future they can do a few of those kinds of events where only fanclub people have access. Or the idea they had about letting some fanclub people into sound checks.
Back to top Go down
HighLonesome
A Contender
A Contender
HighLonesome

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 10:32 pm

Has anyone ever gotten their fan club tickets in the mail before? Someone on a separate thread said they did, and I was wondering if that's a common thing. It would be such a blessing to get mine in the mail, haha I've had terrible experiences with will call.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 12:18 am

Vixly wrote:
Has anyone ever gotten their fan club tickets in the mail before? Someone on a separate thread said they did, and I was wondering if that's a common thing. It would be such a blessing to get mine in the mail, haha I've had terrible experiences with will call.

Yup, got mine in the mail. Although they scared me by sending them less than 2 weeks before the show when usually it's like a month in advance.
Back to top Go down
HighLonesome
A Contender
A Contender
HighLonesome

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 12:23 am

Yup, got mine in the mail. Although they scared me by sending them less than 2 weeks before the show when usually it's like a month in advance.

Wow, really? Dang, that may have stressed me out a bit too! How did you get them sent to you? I only had the will call option...
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 12:34 am

Vixly wrote:
Vixly wrote:

Wow, really? How did you get them sent to you? I only had the will call option...

Haha no idea. I should've taken notes when I did this process so I could properly answer these questions. I feel like I also only had the will call option but for some reason I knew they'd be coming by mail. I remember worrying it wouldn't come in time. They may have sent me an email about it? Sorry, Idk exactly how it worked :/
Back to top Go down
HighLonesome
A Contender
A Contender
HighLonesome

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 12:40 am

[quote="StitchesOnTheRadio"][quote="Vixly"]

Haha no idea. I should've taken notes when I did this process so I could properly answer these questions. I feel like I also only had the will call option but for some reason I knew they'd be coming by mail. I remember worrying it wouldn't come in time. They may have sent me an email about it? Sorry, Idk exactly how it worked :/

No problem! I was just hoping there was some way to get them sent to me by mail. I know it says on the site they wouldn't, but after I saw the rest of the presale open up today and only have the "By Mail" option I was kind of hoping there was a way I could pay extra or something so I could have them in my hand before I got there. I had will call one time and the doors opened before the will call booth did Sad I've never used it since haha
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 12:43 am

[quote="Vixly"][quote="StitchesOnTheRadio"]
Vixly wrote:

No problem! I was just hoping there was some way to get them sent to me by mail. I know it says on the site they wouldn't, but after I saw the rest of the presale open up today and only have the "By Mail" option I was kind of hoping there was a way I could pay extra or something so I could have them in my hand before I got there. I had will call one time and the doors opened before the will call booth did Sad I've never used it since haha

yikes. hopefully that doesnt happen
Back to top Go down
HighLonesome
A Contender
A Contender
HighLonesome

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 1:02 am

DeathoftheCool wrote:
yikes. hopefully that doesnt happen

It blows! I can't even imagine it happening at a Gaslight show
Back to top Go down
redheadchick
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 1:23 am

I received my Chicago tickets in the mail but not Minneapolis. They gave me a will call confirmation number for both shows so I was surprised to have been sent Chicago tickets but plan to double check on Minneapolis now.
Back to top Go down
HighLonesome
A Contender
A Contender
HighLonesome

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 4:59 pm

redheadchick wrote:
I received my Chicago tickets in the mail but not Minneapolis. They gave me a will call confirmation number for both shows so I was surprised to have been sent Chicago tickets but plan to double check on Minneapolis now.

This may be a stupid question (I apologize if it is!) but how do you check? I got a single email just confirming my order.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next