DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC

Go down 
+18
El Jefe
Shrewsbury_Stars
azlisa
eagles1139
19thirty
LuceroDiehard
J_Schooly
SubconsciousRitual
elektronic
pookieray
jdc
NeverTrustAJunkie
StitchesOnTheRadio
TGAFAN25
Breanne
dustinpardue
DeathoftheCool
dmwhalen
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
dmwhalen
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC Empty
PostSubject: 9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC   9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 8:19 pm

Heading out for N1. Who's in?

Best venue in the Northeast, if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: 9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC   9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 8:41 pm

Do you guys think there's a possibility that they'll get one of the shows recorded for the npr all songs considered podcast? usually when they record concerts it's at the 9:30 club... maybe wishful thinking
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: 9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC   9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 9:15 pm

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151133311496638&set=a.80917591637.88517.68575776637&type=3&permPage=1

Poster and merch look awesome as well
Back to top Go down
dustinpardue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC   9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 9:26 pm

See you there!
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: 9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC   9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 9:28 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151133311496638&set=a.80917591637.88517.68575776637&type=3&permPage=1

Love that skull t shirt
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xripped_kneesx
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: 9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC   9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 9:50 pm

Breanne wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:

Love that skull t shirt

yeah i was thinking the same thing too bad it's not on the online store cuz im so ready to buy it haha
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: 9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC   9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 3:27 am

How was the show tonight?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC   9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 3:35 am

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:

I was just told they played 28 songs.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: 9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC   9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 3:55 am

Breanne wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:

Love that skull t shirt

I don't like it Sad I don't understand the connection to the album title.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: 9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC   9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 4:03 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Breanne wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:

Love that skull t shirt

I don't like it Sad I don't understand the connection to the album title.

i don't understand YOUR connection to the album title Razz
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: 9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC   9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 10:01 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
rkirkpatrick25 wrote:

I was just told they played 28 songs.

"This has been Shelby reporting, back to you in the studio."

(By the way, I posted in the ticket exchange thread, but if anyone needs an extra for tonight, PM me.)
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: 9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC   9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 12:23 pm

Ha- well to me it says "Handwritten. DIE!"
Back to top Go down
pookieray
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC   9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 1:48 pm

Traveled up from florida with my best friend since Gaslight doesn't have any love for florida or georgia lately. Can I just say winter is lame?

My quick recap from last night: great venue and sound, hadn't been to a show at 9:30 in 10 years when I was in college so I felt crazy old last night. First opener was decent, Cheap Girls were awesome but I already liked them from seeing them at Fest the past 2 years. Gaslight put on a good show, lots of laughs and smiles throughout the night, personally I felt there was too much stuff off Handwritten played and they did play Halloween and covered Astro Zombies. Brian's stage banter was hilarious and he stated he will be running for president in 2016 and it will "get weird" i.e. lgiving little kids beer ("like little kids, 3 year olds just to see") so we have that look forward to.

I do wish Brian wouldn't give so much attention to the jerks in the crowd. Last night there was a guy yelling for Trusty Chords nonstop and it ended with Brian offering him a refund and actually getting money from Brad, handing it to security to give to the guy on the condition he take it and leave or give it back and shut up. I believe he ended up giving it back and staying.
Back to top Go down
elektronic
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC   9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 2:17 pm

pookieray wrote:

I do wish Brian wouldn't give so much attention to the jerks in the crowd. Last night there was a guy yelling for Trusty Chords nonstop and it ended with Brian offering him a refund and actually getting money from Brad, handing it to security to give to the guy on the condition he take it and leave or give it back and shut up. I believe he ended up giving it back and staying.

Ha. I didn't hear what he was yelling for. They played it 3 years ago at the 9:30 club, so I guess he missed that show.
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: 9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC   9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 2:19 pm

pookieray wrote:

LOL thats awesome. I like when he says things back because he basically makes them feel like total tools. I think people who yell obnoxious things think that no one can actually hear them. So when Brian exploits them like that and shows them that he doesn't give a fuck is funny.
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: 9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC   9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 2:24 pm

Breanne wrote:
pookieray wrote:

LOL thats awesome. I like when he says things back because he basically makes them feel like total tools. I think people who yell obnoxious things think that no one can actually hear them. So when Brian exploits them like that and shows them that he doesn't give a fuck is funny.

There was also an interlude in the middle of (I believe) HLAYK because Alex R. did a big solo and everyone stopped to have fun and clap for him and someone yelled out for Casanova, Baby! and Brian was like "Right, I'm going to play that song right now, in the middle of this song" and started telling people he's not a jukebox and they can't just put a quarter in his mouth. Then one of the hilariously awesome security guards actually handed him a quarter.
Back to top Go down
dmwhalen
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC   9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 2:25 pm

Mae
High Lonesome
Old White Lincoln
The '59 Sound
The Diamond Church Street Choir
Here Comes My Man
Biloxi Parish
Angry Johnny And The Radio / Blood Bank
(Bon Iver cover)
Keepsake
Señor and the Queen
The Patient Ferris Wheel
American Slang
Handwritten
Howl
Halloween
Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts
Desire
Here's Looking at You, Kid
The Queen of Lower Chelsea
The Backseat
Encore:
I Can't Steal You
(Matthew Ryan cover) (with Matthew Ryan)
She Loves You
Mulholland Drive
Astro Zombies
(The Misfits cover)
Film Noir
Blue Dahlia
Great Expectations

Great show, great sound, decent crowd. Stayed upstairs to avoid the moshing, which turned out to be isolated.

Agree with the comment about Brian calling out the song requestors.
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: 9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC   9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 2:31 pm

dmwhalen wrote:
Mae
High Lonesome
Old White Lincoln
The '59 Sound
The Diamond Church Street Choir
Here Comes My Man
Biloxi Parish
Angry Johnny And The Radio / Blood Bank
(Bon Iver cover)
Keepsake
Señor and the Queen
The Patient Ferris Wheel
American Slang
Handwritten
Howl
Halloween
Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts
Desire
Here's Looking at You, Kid
The Queen of Lower Chelsea
The Backseat
Encore:
I Can't Steal You
(Matthew Ryan cover) (with Matthew Ryan)
She Loves You
Mulholland Drive
Astro Zombies
(The Misfits cover)
Film Noir
Blue Dahlia
Great Expectations

Great show, great sound, decent crowd. Stayed upstairs to avoid the moshing, which turned out to be isolated.

Agree with the comment about Brian calling out the song requestors.

Is the sound better from upstairs? I've never stayed up there for a Gaslight show but I was down near the rail last night and my ears are still ringing pretty heavily. There were times where the mix sounded a bit muddled.
Back to top Go down
SubconsciousRitual
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
SubconsciousRitual

PostSubject: Re: 9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC   9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 2:34 pm

Great show last night, and met a ton of cool people. I forgot how great the 9:30 Club is.

Going back again tonight!
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: 9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC   9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 3:30 pm

jdc wrote:
Breanne wrote:
pookieray wrote:

There was also an interlude in the middle of (I believe) HLAYK because Alex R. did a big solo and everyone stopped to have fun and clap for him and someone yelled out for Casanova, Baby! and Brian was like "Right, I'm going to play that song right now, in the middle of this song" and started telling people he's not a jukebox and they can't just put a quarter in his mouth. Then one of the hilariously awesome security guards actually handed him a quarter.
lol!
Back to top Go down
J_Schooly
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC   9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 3:38 pm

I was there last night and enjoyed it very much. First show of this tour for me, so rather amazing to see them cresting the 2-hour mark, and 28 songs is a ton. The Handwritten tracks came off great; the best way I can describe it is they sound more "full" than the earlier songs—they just explode off the stage and fill the whole room. I was absolutely thrilled to hear "Blue Dahlia," since that's my favorite track off that album. The transition between Biloxi and Angry Johnny was fantastic, as well, and the "Blood Bank" tag was surprisingly extended. Mae was as great an opener as I'd hoped it would be.

As for the older material, for some reason I am always shocked at what a great experience Ferris Wheel is; that song comes alive during a concert in a way it doesn't on the record. American Slang is still a monster—only gotten better with time—and Diamond Church is stronger this time around than it was on the AS tour.

There are some nitpicks, of course, like Film Noir not fitting too well in the encore and three of the last five songs of the main set being slower choices, but that's a minor thing because, overall, the main set was incredible.

I like a little banter from Brian, but last night was a lot and for me it breaks the momentum of the show. He also seems to have a slightly more cynical or irritated tone/attitude at the 2 DC shows I've seen this year than in any shows prior. But maybe that's cause the crowds are infected with some very specific, loud morons.

This was my eighth show, and they've basically broken down into two categories: loose and fun vs. tight and intense. Last night was definitely the loose version of Gaslight; curious to see if it's the same tonight or we get the other version.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: 9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC   9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 4:00 pm

Brian says he's gonna choke a fan with his sock. LOL

Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC   9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 4:22 pm

Sounds like it was an awesome show. I still have yet to be at one of those looser shows so I'm jealous, haha. I don't even care if it breaks the momentum so long as it's entertaining and doesn't mean they're going to play fewer songs (which Brian has said a million times that it doesn't).

That's hilarious about the security guard with the quarter. I love when Brian does stuff like offers to give money back or makes a joke because, like someone said, it makes that person feel like a tool, which is good because in life most idiots get positive attention and think they're awesome. Those morons could definitely be the reason for Brian's irritated tone but I think we're also just seeing a side of him that he didn't expose to the public before this year. He's probably more comfortable now and is himself more.

Thanks for the recaps on the show!
Back to top Go down
19thirty
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC   9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 5:03 pm

So bummed I didn't make the road trip to DC! Was really comtemplating it! Hearing that many songs would've been amazing ...especially since I haven't seen them for a few yrs.
Back to top Go down
dmwhalen
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC   9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 6:59 pm

jdc wrote:

Is the sound better from upstairs? I've never stayed up there for a Gaslight show but I was down near the rail last night and my ears are still ringing pretty heavily. There were times where the mix sounded a bit muddled.

Typically the sound upstairs is pretty good. Last night Alex R seemed a bit muffled, but the rest of the guitars were fairly clear. It was definitely louder than the Philly show, but the 930 club acoustics work better than the Electric Factory's warehouse sound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC   9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

9:30 Club - 2 Nighter in DC
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next