DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)

Go down 
+126
cdala
33RPMHero
thebiglebowski
Halcyon
Breanne
HolyBreakOfDay
betweenthewaxandtheneedle
visible_karma
sandinista
TrickyNick
encobel
henn
big blue
moonlight
OutOfStep
The Cool
AlrightToDrive
Reinvent good times
Tiffany
spork13
Hanswurst
HeardItLikeAShot
HighLonesome
janiejones
infoghost
redheadchick
'49mercury
matkins
19thirty
logan2u
moodydan
JonnyisRFC
pjpitt89
luckyman
Paddy
Holland
Hirti
DiamondSinatra
Emusic
SubconsciousRitual
onbackstreetsinbackseats
Kosburn59
kirstyt
TheContender
RandyMachoManCabbage
NeverSeenaTwoStep
El Jefe
bringiton_ty
CapedAvenger
thurman
dancs85
pjjankunas
bt211
dustinpardue
ManasquanMike
EveryLittleSecret
cruzila
megan125
Nothingman
oli1980
Shrewsbury_Stars
steph
Rizz
prettyontheinsidex
AGoodTime
outerheaven
cmigs
fatbench
loazis
failurebytopher
MetallicaTourCamper
DeathoftheCool
Keeb631
westwingjl
TGAforLIFE
JimmyB
Zach_Edelman
sadly_ecstatic
steady now steady now
rumham
YouCanCallMeSally
Velocity
mvw
miked331
Grant Michael
ashleybb
TGAFAN25
Casey
oh_megan
SirBrad
A_Regular
bakerfall
Down by the Mersey
White Man In Hammersmith
saltandburn1967
fullcollapse
J.B.R.
njguy99
ral
brucesboots
JJW319
plugga
jdc
Debonair
Mikael
Jerseyrain
bringiton
Van Der Twix
LuceroDiehard
VanillaMintFusion
Camus
moosicmaniac
Daire
Raoul_Duke
Labhras
Joe Thumb
NYYFAN523
NeverTrustAJunkie
EmptySoul89
colmillionaire
simo
azlisa
IrishNameAndAnInjury
StitchesOnTheRadio
Klown
enola
130 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 12:34 pm

ral wrote:
Big thanks to Wayne and the fan club. They sent me a free shirt for being the first person to sign up.

cheers well done you !
Back to top Go down
RandyMachoManCabbage
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
RandyMachoManCabbage

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 12:47 pm

bakerfall wrote:

It happens with most fan clubs, big message boards, etc. because a large chunk of society have a tendency to be selfish jerks.

I'm fully aware. Been a member of the 10 Club for a long time. The 10C forum is full of selfish a-holes with a me-first, you-last mentality. I just have faith we here can rise above all that petty nonsense.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 12:48 pm

I can see a lot of assholeness starting to creep into areas of the on-line fanbase, it's not as obvious here, thankfully, but it will only be a matter of time I'm guessing. The official board will be rife with it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 12:49 pm

The only asshole here so far is me, so that's a pretty low percentage
Back to top Go down
RandyMachoManCabbage
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
RandyMachoManCabbage

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 12:49 pm

ral wrote:
Big thanks to Wayne and the fan club. They sent me a free shirt for being the first person to sign up.

Being number 1 is a badge of honor in itself. The shirt being sent to you is mighty cool of them.

Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 12:50 pm

I signed up on day 2 because I was waiting on a paycheck... what do you guys think, low hundreds?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 1:09 pm

RandyMachoManCabbage wrote:
ral wrote:

Being number 1 is a badge of honor in itself. The shirt being sent to you is mighty cool of them.

I'm really glad it was someone on here that was first. (Although I had no doubt). That's really cool.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 5:40 pm

ral wrote:

Very cool of them. Also another prove that they care about the fans.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 5:50 pm

enola wrote:
ral wrote:

Very cool of them. Also another prove that they care about the fans.

Lets see how it goes in 2/3 years time...
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 5:55 pm

If we stop paying for our subscription, what happens to our #? I feel like not reissuing old numbers will eventually artificially inflate the number of people in the club.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 6:00 pm

Basically the numbers will keep going up, I imagine they will give you a grace period, and if you don't do it within that period, you lose it. If you renew after, you get a new number.
Back to top Go down
onbackstreetsinbackseats
A Contender
A Contender
onbackstreetsinbackseats

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 8:31 pm

Has anyone gotten anything in the mail yet?
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 11:38 pm

brucesboots wrote:
ral wrote:

cheers well done you !

Yeah! Nice job! And sounds like you got one of those sweet old school shirts. Smile You must be quick at typing. hahaha
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 10:51 am

Fan Club Items - Delivery
Dear 45 RPM Club members,
We will begin to ship out the T-shirts, sticker packs and fan club ID cards at the beginning of next week. The tees will have the 45 RPM logo on white, the sticker pack includes a 45 RPM Club Sticker and two Gaslight Anthem stickers, and the ID Card is luggage tag size with a lanyard cutout. The card will easily fit into a wallet/purse. All packages will be shipped out in the order we received club membership payment through Infinite Merch. So, if someone on a chat board posts a message that they got theirs and you didn't get it that day, it doesn't mean yours isn't on the way. We'll ship these out to all members over the next couple of weeks; however the speed of delivery is up to the postal systems.

There is still time to get us your T-Shirt size if you did not have a confirmed size and did not write to us yet, so please send a note to tshirts@45rpmclub.net and let us know your size. (This applies to those members who signed up the first day). We will notify you directly of your membership update.

Thank you for your patience.

FC Staff
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 11:01 am

SWEEEEEEEEET Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
SubconsciousRitual
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
SubconsciousRitual

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 12:02 pm

I haven't joined this yet. Is anyone who joined planning to just not bother with the ticket lottery? Tickets seemed like the main reason for joining, but the ticketing procedure is a mess. I probably wouldn't wear the t-shirt, and I don't collect vinyl, but for some reason I still want to be a member of the club! Think there'll be more offerings down the road?

Also curious about this detail:
tickets for any participating venue where the band will be playing.
Does the venue have to be on board? I mean, are there venues that just won't work with fan clubs? Would be interested to know if there are cities where this isn't going to work.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 12:21 pm

How do you know the ticket procedure will be a mess, if they haven't done it yet?

As for the other point, that's down to venue/ticket agencies as to how much of an allocation the band get for fanclub/early access, and if the venue allows early access.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 12:46 pm

subconscious ritual wrote:
Does the venue have to be on board? I mean, are there venues that just won't work with fan clubs? Would be interested to know if there are cities where this isn't going to work.

This seems like a standard disclaimer more than an indication that venues won't work with the club. I'm sure they anticipate being able to provide tickets for all shows but it's mentioned in case they're unable to.

Signing up for the fan club just for the ticket lottery will probably leave some people disappointed. Tickets will still be limited and no one is guaranteed any. It's just another outlet for presales in areas where the shows tend to sell out quickly.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 12:50 pm

yeah don't get your hopes up with the ticketing system - especially if you are hoping to get NJ/NYC show tickets where the ratio of fan club members to available pre-sale tickets is most likely the worst of any region.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 12:56 pm

ral wrote:
subconscious ritual wrote:

Signing up for the fan club just for the ticket lottery will probably leave some people disappointed. Tickets will still be limited and no one is guaranteed any. It's just another outlet for presales in areas where the shows tend to sell out quickly.

this.
and all fanclubs work this way anyways so there's really no reason to complain now..
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 1:19 pm

SirBrad wrote:
yeah don't get your hopes up with the ticketing system - especially if you are hoping to get NJ/NYC show tickets where the ratio of fan club members to available pre-sale tickets is most likely the worst of any region.
If it goes anything like Pearl Jams, then it should leave for a few chuckles at just HOW many people, not just from the region try for tickets to the NY/NJ shows.
Back to top Go down
SubconsciousRitual
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
SubconsciousRitual

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 1:31 pm

Thanks guys. I shouldn’t have said it was a mess, it’s just that I’m not crazy about it. So I kinda think if I join the club I’d still just try to get tickets the old way. I suppose it’s worth trying it for a year for $25, because honestly if the ticketing were different/better I would pay way more than $25.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 3:13 pm

I can't speak for the value of it for people signing up now. All I know is it was worth it for the Letterman thing alone. The ticketing thing I think will be helpful at times and useless at other times but you never know what they'll do with the club down the road.

Has anyone gotten their membership stuff yet? I assume no since no one has posted about it.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 3:18 pm

Handful of posts back up explains about the stuff getting sent out...
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 3:21 pm

Klown wrote:
Handful of posts back up explains about the stuff getting sent out...

I just checked my email. I saw that post but I had assumed that it was older (didn't check the date) since they had sent something similar before about it being sent out right after the album release. My bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next