DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bruce Springsteen

Go down 
+118
shiftynj
brunswick18
NotLikeWeBleed
bt211
Johnny 99
The Angry Johnny Revue
reitzel6570
kappanera
The_River
Debonair
Anya_TGA
TheMagnificentDreamer
Jaws
moosicmaniac
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Thunder Peel
BossTime
songs like a comfort
f1schu111
oh_megan
moconnell23
BuddyHolly
Raoul_Duke
DiamondSinatra
NYYFAN523
bringiton_ty
Definitely_Josef
Shorestyle69
acousticbandit
HeroOfVirtue
Emusic
onbackstreetsinbackseats
gtalbott
StitchesOnTheRadio
QuizzlyBear
CapedAvenger
03aarm
40 Miler
rumham
ral
covsc1922
Mikael
redheadchick
_rebekka_
Klown
bringiton
The Poet Jonah
joshyboytyler
Camus
TGAforLIFE
steph
nico0493
Christophe
I Came To Dance
mingus
eremitapa
Stalls_Standing
Gaslight23
Rizz
NeverTrustAJunkie
AngryJohnnyN1930
TGAFAN25
eagles1139
Mipi
Bea
Fiddler
Holland
luckyman
ThisMachineKillsFascists
dm1234
theBasemen
Daire
backseat99
Labhras
Álvaro
Down by the Mersey
luckysparks
plugga
Ghost
jzancan
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
Jerseyrain
DeathoftheCool
Matilda Noir
Philo
IrishNameAndAnInjury
brucesboots
Harbortown
riversedge
JimmyB
RobertODonnell
chickenman
Shrewsbury_Stars
Grant Michael
LuceroDiehard
chrissylovesbruce
Jay
Jack
MKULTRA
kieran
Ryan
Johnny99
e7c
simo
sarahjay
AmandaC.
steady now steady now
Scarlett
thecosmickid
drifter69
Angry Johnny
stephendgaf
Shipyards
Jukebox Romeo
ambrose
JoshRaymond
PatientFabiWheel
Forum Owner
122 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Bruce Springsteen - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 11:22 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Was in the pit for both shows this weekend at Wrigley. Seeing Eddie Vedder and Bruce duet on Atlantic City, My Hometown and Darkness on the Edge of Town is something I'll never forget. Wow.

That had to be incredible. No, beyond incredible. And I heard Tom Morello was there too. Unreal. I think Brian would have sold his car to be in your position haha.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 11:27 pm

I cannot wait for October...First Springsteen concert for me EVER!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 1:15 am

JimmyB wrote:
I cannot wait for October...First Springsteen concert for me EVER!

Dude, you're gonna be blown away. I go to those shows with the highest expectations imaginable and I'm always in awe when I leave.

Ahh December seems so far away.
Back to top Go down
Grant Michael
A Contender
A Contender
Grant Michael

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 1:05 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Was in the pit for both shows this weekend at Wrigley. Seeing Eddie Vedder and Bruce duet on Atlantic City, My Hometown and Darkness on the Edge of Town is something I'll never forget. Wow.
So was I. Hoooo-lee shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 2:25 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
When's he comin' back to Europe? That's what I want to know!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 2:39 am

markbarlow wrote:

You just had him! Can we keep him for a few months please? Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 3:28 pm

markbarlow wrote:

I'll swap you Bruce for Gaslight...?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 8:16 pm

markbarlow wrote:
markbarlow wrote:

Haha could we inform them both that they have to just switch back and fourth only stopping long enough for both sides of the pond to save up money? but that way both of us always has one or the other? I hate when all my favorite artists head over to Europe all at once for the summer but trading off works!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 5:42 pm

markbarlow wrote:
markbarlow wrote:

Haha could we inform them both that they have to just switch back and fourth only stopping long enough for both sides of the pond to save up money? but that way both of us always has one or the other? I hate when all my favorite artists head over to Europe all at once for the summer but trading off works!
Hahaha, great idea though Brian might see it as another comparison to Bruce and get angry.
Back to top Go down
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 3:47 am

Anybody get to see him at Metlife Stadium last night?
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 5:24 am

markbarlow wrote:
markbarlow wrote:
markbarlow wrote:

Hahaha, great idea though Brian might see it as another comparison to Bruce and get angry.

Oh I hate that they get compared to Bruce all the time. Who can blame them for being mad, it's the most tired comparison I've ever seen. People who actually listen to TGA and to Bruce are aware that the similarities between the two are equal to, if not less than, the many other bands they draw from. But you're right, heck I'd never want to bring up Bruce around Brian b/c it's gotta make his blood boil at this point.
Back to top Go down
Rizz
A Contender
A Contender
Rizz

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 8:51 am

I was at the Metlife show last night. Very fun show. 3 hours and 45 mins. Nothing like a hometown Bruce show! I have to skip Friday night, but will be back in the swamps of Jersey for the Saturday night birthday show
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 6:55 pm

All I would ask him about Bruce is, what was it like to play on No Surrender with him. Otherwise, no Bruce around Brian....I don't see any similarities any more...well maybe except for the writing genre, and the singing style-But both of those are balanced with other bands.
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 8:53 pm

markbarlow wrote:
markbarlow wrote:
markbarlow wrote:

Oh I hate that they get compared to Bruce all the time. Who can blame them for being mad, it's the most tired comparison I've ever seen. People who actually listen to TGA and to Bruce are aware that the similarities between the two are equal to, if not less than, the many other bands they draw from. But you're right, heck I'd never want to bring up Bruce around Brian b/c it's gotta make his blood boil at this point.
yeah man that really irons my grill too. whatever that means.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 5:05 am

JimmyB wrote:
All I would ask him about Bruce is, what was it like to play on No Surrender with him. Otherwise, no Bruce around Brian....I don't see any similarities any more...well maybe except for the writing genre, and the singing style-But both of those are balanced with other bands.

I'd want to ask that too but man he's gotta get that question a lot and I know what he'd say "It's exactly what you'd think it'd be like". He has said something to that effect already.

I just want to ask him questions as a fellow fan not because of their "similarities". Like "What did you think of Wrecking Ball? What's your favorite song by him?" and he said to an interviewer once that he'd challenge them on Bruce trivia or something and I wanna take that challenge.

Brian's older writing is Bruce "influenced" for sure but like you said, it's balanced with others and it's different enough that it doesn't feel like a rip off or a cover band. And he has a gritty voice, LOTS of singers have that sound/style so again, one of many influences. I just never got the "Springsteen punk band" thing beyond T59S (and even then that's an exaggeration).

All that nonsense aside, I'm just grateful that in 2012 I have seen/will see Bruce twice and TGA 6 times. Can't really ask for more.

Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 9:59 am

was listening to mae and national anthem in the kitchen today and my mam was i the room:

mam: who's that?

me: the gaslight anthem

mam: they sound a bit like bruce don't they?

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 11:49 am

Revisiting Gaslight Anthem and Other "Baby Boss Bands"

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/rocks/2012/09/gaslight_anthem_and_other_baby.php
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 3:02 pm

I know everyone hates the comparison, but the fact of the matter is it draws certain people in and it will continue to. I first checked out the band because right around the time when The '59 Sound was released, I read that they were like Bruce fronting a punk band. And I instantly fell in love with their music. So there is value to the comparisons, like it or not.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 12:45 am

JackStreetcar wrote:
I know everyone hates the comparison, but the fact of the matter is it draws certain people in and it will continue to. I first checked out the band because right around the time when The '59 Sound was released, I read that they were like Bruce fronting a punk band. And I instantly fell in love with their music. So there is value to the comparisons, like it or not.

You make a very good point. It does have it's value and I wouldn't know about them if Bruce hadn't joined them on stage in '09. I just don't know that I fully understand why they are compared to the extent that they are. But yeah there's no doubt the connection between Bruce and TGA gave them a tremendous amount of exposure.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 1:08 am

MAYBE I should rephrase it to "what is it like to play onstage with one of your musical favorites, and inspirations?"
Back to top Go down
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 1:50 am

My view from the show Friday...
Bruce Springsteen - Page 28 A3cTufICMAAJpVS
Not the best seat in the house, but hey, it's goddamn Bruce.

Also he ended with 'American Land'....it was beautiful.
Back to top Go down
http://www.robdirienzo.com

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 2:55 am

The concert the other night was my friend's mom's 102nd Bruce concert.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 3:06 am

DiamondSinatra wrote:
My view from the show Friday...
Bruce Springsteen - Page 28 A3cTufICMAAJpVS
Not the best seat in the house, but hey, it's goddamn Bruce.

Also he ended with 'American Land'....it was beautiful.

WOW you were up high! God I can't even imagine being a performer on stage where there are people sitting that far away because that means there are soooo many people in that one venue. Did you have to duck when airplanes flew overhead? haha, I'm just teasing. It doesn't matter where you are in the house, being there is all that matters. I hope he's still going way over the 3 hour mark when I see him in December.

@Matt 102 is nothing. I'll catch up in no time. I'll already be up to 7 as of December...but seriously that's insanely awesome. Do you know if she's still blown away by them or if it's like "eh, he used to be better"?
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 10:53 pm

I was there! Approximately where the guy's right hand is in that picture. My friend actually got pulled on stage for Dancing In The Dark. I had no idea he was even going until that happened. Crazy stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 10:54 pm

JackStreetcar wrote:
I was there! Approximately where the guy's right hand is in that picture. My friend actually got pulled on stage for Dancing In The Dark. I had no idea he was even going until that happened. Crazy stuff.

That's awesome! I thought the kid singing was just about the darn cutest thing ever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.robdirienzo.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 28 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bruce Springsteen
Page 28 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33 ... 39  Next