DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bruce Springsteen

Go down 
+118
shiftynj
brunswick18
NotLikeWeBleed
bt211
Johnny 99
The Angry Johnny Revue
reitzel6570
kappanera
The_River
Debonair
Anya_TGA
TheMagnificentDreamer
Jaws
moosicmaniac
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Thunder Peel
BossTime
songs like a comfort
f1schu111
oh_megan
moconnell23
BuddyHolly
Raoul_Duke
DiamondSinatra
NYYFAN523
bringiton_ty
Definitely_Josef
Shorestyle69
acousticbandit
HeroOfVirtue
Emusic
onbackstreetsinbackseats
gtalbott
StitchesOnTheRadio
QuizzlyBear
CapedAvenger
03aarm
40 Miler
rumham
ral
covsc1922
Mikael
redheadchick
_rebekka_
Klown
bringiton
The Poet Jonah
joshyboytyler
Camus
TGAforLIFE
steph
nico0493
Christophe
I Came To Dance
mingus
eremitapa
Stalls_Standing
Gaslight23
Rizz
NeverTrustAJunkie
AngryJohnnyN1930
TGAFAN25
eagles1139
Mipi
Bea
Fiddler
Holland
luckyman
ThisMachineKillsFascists
dm1234
theBasemen
Daire
backseat99
Labhras
Álvaro
Down by the Mersey
luckysparks
plugga
Ghost
jzancan
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
Jerseyrain
DeathoftheCool
Matilda Noir
Philo
IrishNameAndAnInjury
brucesboots
Harbortown
riversedge
JimmyB
RobertODonnell
chickenman
Shrewsbury_Stars
Grant Michael
LuceroDiehard
chrissylovesbruce
Jay
Jack
MKULTRA
kieran
Ryan
Johnny99
e7c
simo
sarahjay
AmandaC.
steady now steady now
Scarlett
thecosmickid
drifter69
Angry Johnny
stephendgaf
Shipyards
Jukebox Romeo
ambrose
JoshRaymond
PatientFabiWheel
Forum Owner
122 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 27 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
chickenman
A Contender
A Contender
chickenman

Bruce Springsteen - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:06 am

There are songs on the album that reminds me of both D&D and The Seeger Sessions. And I'm surprised to see that Bruce is pulling out the E Street Band to tour behind this record. My guess is that this was maybe meant for a second Sessions tour, but then the 'Clarence thing' changed things around a bit.

Anyway, in an interview the other day Little Steven said that they would have two new records (Wrecking Ball AND The Promise) to tour behind this time. Hopefully that means we'll get some songs from The Promise as well on the tour, could be awesome with the fulll horn section.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 1:25 pm

sandyangryjohnnyormary? wrote:
brucesboots wrote:
its growing on me , its Devils and Dust meets the sessions band , hardly an e st band album at all, Death to my hometown will become a stadium anthem . The album should have been called jack of all trades , with all the different styles on the album, like the more gospal version of Land of hope and dreams , dissapointed that wrecking ball is pretty much the same , had hoped it would be re-worked with new lyrics.
Like the production on the album , all in all its way better than WOAD , but sadly its no Darkness.

I was thinking the same thing today. Definitely sounds like an amped up D&D in a lot of spots. This record has enough great moments that I wanna to place it among his classics, but "This Depression" "Rocky Ground" and the lack of lyrical revision in Wrecking Ball just drags it down a little too much for me. A damn fine effort nonetheless though.

this depression really reminds me of Shanondoah, im finding that on a few tracks they sound familiar.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 5:45 pm

My very first impression was 'more of a wreck than a ball' and I still think it sounds like a collection of out-takes and B-sides (though very good ones by and large) from the last four albums. Thematically the album is very coherent, but not musically. As for the track order, 'Depression' would make sense where it is on vinyl, but not on CD.

That said, I love the Boss, and it's a Boss album. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
jzancan
A Contender
A Contender
jzancan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:50 pm

sandyangryjohnnyormary? wrote:
brucesboots wrote:
its growing on me , its Devils and Dust meets the sessions band , hardly an e st band album at all, Death to my hometown will become a stadium anthem . The album should have been called jack of all trades , with all the different styles on the album, like the more gospal version of Land of hope and dreams , dissapointed that wrecking ball is pretty much the same , had hoped it would be re-worked with new lyrics.
Like the production on the album , all in all its way better than WOAD , but sadly its no Darkness.

I was thinking the same thing today. Definitely sounds like an amped up D&D in a lot of spots. This record has enough great moments that I wanna to place it among his classics, but "This Depression" "Rocky Ground" and the lack of lyrical revision in Wrecking Ball just drags it down a little too much for me. A damn fine effort nonetheless though.

Agh, I LOVE This Depression and Rocky Ground! The R&B/gospel intro/chorus and rap bridge in the latter thrills me, along with the general vibe of the song. Glad to see some rap in there. I always thought Springsteen had his rap moments (Lost in the Flood, once the band kicks in, specifically).

I thought I would be turned off by Wrecking Ball's lyrics out of context as to why he wrote it in the first place, but he is less emphatic on these points vocally than he was when he premiered it at the Meadowlands. It still doesn't strike quite right, but definitely better than I thought it would for me.

I've listened to it a few times through so far, and the only one I yawned at was Jack of All Trades. I liked it better when it was called If I Should Fall Behind.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/users/jzancan
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:58 pm

it's a poor album. after the disappointment of WTCOOO i was encouraged by easy money and shackled and drawn. i like death to my hometown too but i seriously cannot believe how bad his songwriting has gotten. it's like he doesn't know what makes a bad song. the album has a few good moments and i like the music and all that but it's still quite disappointing
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:00 pm

I am waiting for The official release date to hear it all. I reserve Judgement till then.
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 12:59 am

i figured out the chords to Jack of All Trades (boy, that was a tough one Laughing ) and took a stab at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quKjLRL3AgM&feature=youtu.be
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 1:24 am

Solid. I played it today too, and it made me realize how all that instrumentation is what makes the song great. Too bad I cant bust out a tom morello solo on my acoustic hahaha
the part I love is "If I had me a gun, I'd find the bastards and shoot em on sight / I'm the jack of all trades, we'll be alright". makes the song
Back to top Go down
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 5:55 am

JimmyB wrote:
I am waiting for The official release date to hear it all. I reserve Judgement till then.

Same here.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 1:03 am

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/bruce-springsteen-wrecking-ball-2-27-12/1387743
I'll just leave this here... Curtis has an electronic drum pad. Pretty damn cool
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 6:15 pm

In Trenton in rehearsals for the next Bruce Springsteen Wrecking Ball Tour!next week

Re: Rehersal Shows In Trenton?

Postby bobbyw24 on Mar 02, 2012 4:00 pm
William: I am telling you that rehearsals are going on next week - can't speak to whether there is a concert planned for NJ at the end of the rehearsals, but a friend who is in the stagehand union was called today and told to be available every day next week to work the rehearsals in Trenton.
57 seconds ago · Like
Read Beyond the Palace. It is a must-read--especially for Bruce fans

Amazing! Very Happy I'm stoked! I'm flying home for March Break on Friday. No Canadian dates but he's gonna play little Trenton, ON!!!!
Un-fucking-believ......................................................

Oh yeah, Trenton, NJ. Crying or Very sad

dcmoses

Amazing! Very Happy I'm stoked! I'm flying home for March Break on Friday. No Canadian dates but he's gonna play little Trenton, ON!!!!
Un-fucking-believ......................................................

Oh yeah, Trenton, NJ. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 4:13 am

The band was unbelievable on Fallon tonight. Seriously. Jawdroppingly good.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 5:06 am

I'm staying up to watch it over here on the west coast, so pumped
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 5:26 am

You have good reason to be. Also, make sure you tune in right at the beginning *cough*sketch*cough*
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 9:10 am

http://consequenceofsound.net/2012/03/video-bruce-springsteen-celebrates-with-fallon/

videos!
HILARIOUS.
Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 10:57 am

plugga wrote:
http://consequenceofsound.net/2012/03/video-bruce-springsteen-celebrates-with-fallon/

videos!
HILARIOUS.

Brilliant stuff. I actually kind of like the song now Laughing
Back to top Go down
I Came To Dance
A Contender
A Contender
I Came To Dance

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 11:36 am

So, I finally watched "Wings For Wheels" and "The Promise". Both were amazing. Smile
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 10:45 am

http://consequenceofsound.net/2012/03/album-review-bruce-springsteen-wrecking-ball/

Opener and lead-off single “We Take Care Of Our Own” questions America’s collective hospitality behind an engine bowel chug that reflects The Boss’ new-found camaraderie with fellow Jerseyites The Gaslight Anthem.
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
AngryJohnnyN1930
A Contender
A Contender
AngryJohnnyN1930

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 11:52 pm

TODAY'S THE DAY!!
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 10:48 am

I Came To Dance wrote:
So, I finally watched "Wings For Wheels" and "The Promise". Both were amazing. Smile

I love the bit in the Promise when Bruce is talking about the inspiration for Factory with his dad working:)
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 10:53 am

Still have to wait till friday to listen to it...damn amazon.
Back to top Go down
eremitapa
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
eremitapa

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 11:25 am

You can stream the whole thing now at http://brucespringsteen.net/ Jimmy!
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 11:27 am

Thanks but, I want to listen to it from my own copy through my Bose.
Back to top Go down
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 12:56 pm

I haven't gotten my copy of the cd in the mail yet. Deliveries has been really slow lately. Not even The Menzingers record, which was released over two weeks ago, has arrived yet.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 1:13 pm

What are people's favourite 3 tracks on 'Wrecking Ball'?
Mine are:
1. Wrecking Ball
2. Land Of Hope And Dreams
3. Death To My Hometown
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bruce Springsteen
Page 16 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 27 ... 39  Next