DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')

Go down 
+122
Breanne
RobG20
charlesepting
Jack
azlisa
crutchfield
ManasquanMike
Chappers
kirstyt
bobbyjames
chickenman
loazis
acousticbandit
PC89
ksupilot
Matilda Noir
gaslightfan89
xstevenbx
bt211
thebiglebowski
The Boxer
AngryJohnnyN1930
steady now steady now
DaleCooper
stephendgaf
holdonnow
songs like a comfort
moonlight
turnitin2004
thebar1963
Midnight Rambler
nickyno
Casey
Labhras
luckyman
Heart_Strings
rem999
Down by the Mersey
NYYFAN523
e7c
Velocity
03aarm
'49mercury
TGA30
enola
NeverTrustAJunkie
heartlikeatomb
TGAFAN25
nico0493
Nik-Bicanski
rsj
Holland
Jerseyrain
NDTGA
Pridevsprose
SirBrad
Yozzy
JimmyB
simo
Rizz
fake_empire
Danieljsmith
Arctander
StitchesOnTheRadio
MKULTRA
A_Regular
eagles1139
poormrpitiful
marcsnitz
StateOfLoveAndGaslight
rikerd21
nyranger66
Hanswurst
nebraska
colmillionaire
IKeeptheDiner
EveryLittleSecret
fullcollapse
brianisbae
Stalls_Standing
Vibes
DaveSavedTheDay
Kosburn59
rgillies
CluckyB
mercyandaminute
JJW319
YouCanCallMeSally
Prisoner
J_Bizness
AmSlang59
The Angry Johnny Revue
DeathoftheCool
mingus
RobertODonnell
SouthJerseyTGA
LuceroDiehard
steph
HorribleCrowe
Shrewsbury_Stars
Van Der Twix
Steve70s
TGAforLIFE
Debonair
njguy99
Forum Owner
riversedge
IAmDisappeared
big blue
jeffrey2
Bea
jonnyz83
Don Carlo
brucesboots
plugga
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Harbortown
bringiton
Camus
ghosttocoast
Christophe
Klown
126 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 30 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Casey
A Contender
A Contender
Casey

The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 4:12 pm

Can we all agree that this single doesn't sound like Foo Fighters covering Tom Petty? Razz
Back to top Go down

The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 4:13 pm

Casey wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
I just got so excited and happy when I saw the song was up I almost puked.

I'm not completely blown away by it, but I'm pretty sure it'll grow on me after a bit, or after I hear it with the rest of the songs. That's what happened with American Slang, anyway!

I'm gonna have to agree with John, here though. At the very beginning I immediately thought of Ocean Avenue.

How? I've heard that album/song hundreds of times and hear no similarities. Ocean Avenue opens with palm muted power chords...

Because it reminded me of Ocean Avenue, haha. I also was talking about the beginning of 45, not the beginning of Ocean Avenue.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 4:13 pm

I think it's the quality of the song thats making it sound autotuned
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

Casey wrote:
Can we all agree that this single doesn't sound like Foo Fighters covering Tom Petty? Razz

cheers Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap
Back to top Go down
thebar1963
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 4:14 pm

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/song-exclusive-the-gaslight-anthem-45-20120430?stop_mobi=yes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 4:14 pm

so, what was said in the interview?
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

blugel wrote:
so, what was said in the interview?
http://www.mediafire.com/?7a2ngjf31zihvaw
Back to top Go down
Casey
A Contender
A Contender
Casey

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 4:15 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Casey wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:

I'm not completely blown away by it, but I'm pretty sure it'll grow on me after a bit, or after I hear it with the rest of the songs. That's what happened with American Slang, anyway!

I'm gonna have to agree with John, here though. At the very beginning I immediately thought of Ocean Avenue.

How? I've heard that album/song hundreds of times and hear no similarities. Ocean Avenue opens with palm muted power chords...
See that's what I'm talking about. You're nitpicking details instead of seeing the similarities in a grander context.

Well I mean, the original post was 'at the very beginning', so I was comparing the two songs intros, not really knit picking in this context. I do hear similarities to the pop-punk genre, but not Yellowcard in particular.
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 4:15 pm

Am I the only one wondering how this will sound live?

I love the song, but you can tell that his voice was played with. Any chance Brian can actually come close to sounding similar to this live?

Please don't jump on me like I'm out to be a troll, just wondering what people think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 4:16 pm

Casey wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
Casey wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:

See that's what I'm talking about. You're nitpicking details instead of seeing the similarities in a grander context.

Well I mean, the original post was 'at the very beginning', so I was comparing the two songs intros, not really knit picking in this context. I do hear similarities to the pop-punk genre, but not Yellowcard in particular.

i wasn't compairing the song intro, though.
Back to top Go down
Casey
A Contender
A Contender
Casey

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 4:17 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
Casey wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:

Because it reminded me of Ocean Avenue, haha. I also was talking about the beginning of 45, not the beginning of Ocean Avenue.

Ah my bad. Now we just need some good ol violin!
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 4:19 pm

OK, it grew on me. I fucking LOVE it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 4:19 pm

Everyone's arguing and I'm just sitting here like jhgfdsadklweotuwadfhjkklhafskh;DSGFlh'afadfjk and listening to this thing over and over and over

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Back to top Go down
nico0493
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
nico0493

Im gonna take a leap here and say that I think this is one of their most consistent songs ! Every time I hear I understand why the guys were so excited about this
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

how about we all agree that we like it, in each our own way?

i hear the old SOS sounds ... glad they are back to the roots!
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
rgillies
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rgillies

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 4:20 pm

Hoping to get to 45 plays before I go to bed tonight ha, on play 14 or 15 right now
Back to top Go down
nico0493
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
nico0493

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 4:21 pm

fullcollapse wrote:
Everyone's arguing and I'm just sitting here like jhgfdsadklweotuwadfhjkklhafskh;DSGFlh'afadfjk and listening to this thing over and over and over

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
When i was hearing it for the 10th time i said "fuck it! I dont care how it sounds like i love it"
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 4:21 pm

fullcollapse wrote:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

High Five
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 4:22 pm

Is it ok to ask if anyone has a rip of the INTERVIEW portion with Brian?

Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 4:23 pm

eagles1139 wrote:

NEIN, I BAN THEE!

Razz
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 4:23 pm

Bea wrote:
fullcollapse wrote:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

High Five

me and you.

The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 22 2s1nhhh
Back to top Go down
nebraska
A Contender
A Contender
nebraska

maybe this is just blink-182 with bruce springsteen singing, what's the idea of search another band that sounds like the guys, just listen the song and clap your hands! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

Think there was one posted already, but not sure which thread.
Back to top Go down
Casey
A Contender
A Contender
Casey

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 4:24 pm

Kropotkin wrote:
how about we all agree that we like it, in each our own way?

i hear the old SOS sounds ... glad they are back to the roots!

Yes! Definitely hear SOS at the 2 min mark with the guitar. Love it.
As someone already posted, I'm enjoying this much more than I enjoyed American Slang when it debuted. Very happy with the upbeat, catchy song, and it provides plenty of variety in sound (as evidence by how much everyone is arguing over the sound). Definitely a great way to kick off the new album!
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 4:25 pm

eagles1139 wrote:

i've posted it like three times already, dammit people stop arguing!
http://www.mediafire.com/?7a2ngjf31zihvaw
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')
Page 22 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 30 ... 39  Next