DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog in

Mulholland Drive (The Movie and the Song)(may be a movie spoiler, beware...)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

Mulholland Drive (The Movie and the Song)(may be a movie spoiler, beware...) Empty
PostSubject: Mulholland Drive (The Movie and the Song)(may be a movie spoiler, beware...)   Mulholland Drive (The Movie and the Song)(may be a movie spoiler, beware...) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 6:13 am

So Im wondering now whether Mulholland Drive the song is going to be heavily inspired by the film considering Brian said he only watched it for the first time this past year? Bear in mind Im not looking at spoilers for the album so this is all Ive heard from Brian on the Lost in E minor website...

"Mulholland Drive is the only David Lynch movie I understand. I just like the craziness of it all. Is she dead, is it a dream, who’s dead, maybe everything’s a dream. That’s exactly how I like it to be."

"I’m not sure what’s up or down, or real or apparition. The only thing I’m sure of is getting the answers when I’m dead. That’s what department St. Peter’s been transferred to. He and Doubting Thomas meet you at the gates of Heaven, and if you get in, they explain all the David Lynch movies to you. If you go to hell, however, then it’s just all questions and busy signals. Terrible reception, too"

This was from 1st September 2011 when Im guessing he watched the film for the first time and wrote the song.

So getting to the point... I watched this film last night. Its really surreal and just wehn you think you're getting the hang of the story it absolutely throws you. I felt like Id sat there for 2 and a half hours and never really at any point grasped what was going on. There seem to be some scenes in it which don't actually have any meaning. I just found the whole thing confusing.

Can anyone explain what was meant to be going on. Im sure theres people on here who love the film.

It just makes me curious as to what the Gaslight song will be like, quite dark like the film or about a lesbian romance or just a song about a girl trying to make it in Hollywood. Who knows...
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Mulholland Drive (The Movie and the Song)(may be a movie spoiler, beware...) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mulholland Drive (The Movie and the Song)(may be a movie spoiler, beware...)   Mulholland Drive (The Movie and the Song)(may be a movie spoiler, beware...) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 6:15 am

An excellent movie that I really need to go back and rewatch, but in the mean time, hope this site helps

http://www.awardspeculation.com/mulhollanddrive.html
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Mulholland Drive (The Movie and the Song)(may be a movie spoiler, beware...)   Mulholland Drive (The Movie and the Song)(may be a movie spoiler, beware...) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 6:59 am

Thanks Klown it makes for a good read. You've got to keep in mind that this is just one persons view though and he does seem to jump to conclusions himself but nevertheless I understand it a lot better now (whilst still hazy on some stuff) I have a second disc full of special features which may also prove helpful too so I'll give them a watch.

Maybe the Mulholland Drive song will be about the contrast between fantasy and dreams versus reality.

Only 2 weeks until we find out!
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Mulholland Drive (The Movie and the Song)(may be a movie spoiler, beware...)   Mulholland Drive (The Movie and the Song)(may be a movie spoiler, beware...) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 7:00 am

Very true, although a lot of the thoughts are took from director notes, so I'm going to have a read through them, and then re-watch.

11 days until I find out Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Mulholland Drive (The Movie and the Song)(may be a movie spoiler, beware...)   Mulholland Drive (The Movie and the Song)(may be a movie spoiler, beware...) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 8:14 am

So when I heard Mulholland Drive I instantly saw the connection with Betty killing her lover in the film because she cant stand to see her with somebody else.

Am I wrong in making this connection?

Ive read two reviews now which portray the lines "in a cold dark parking lot, pressed up against my car, with your hands around my neck I felt the pounding of your heart" as passionate rather than murderous. I view this as a murder happening which reflects Betty arrangeing for Rita to be killed. Somebody is being strangled in the parking lot.

Not meaning to seem too morbid here or anything but thats the way I interpreted it and wondered how you guys found it? If you haven't seen the film then I guess you can't really make the comparison so Im aiming the discussion at those who have I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Mulholland Drive (The Movie and the Song)(may be a movie spoiler, beware...)   Mulholland Drive (The Movie and the Song)(may be a movie spoiler, beware...) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 6:44 pm

I know I am pretty late to add a comment, but I just watched the movie today for the first or second time...I am not sure..but I did not understand anything at all....so confusing...

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

I think it is about dreaming and so also starts the song by The Gaslight Anthem with: "Did you sleep last night and do you remember dreams?" ... so the first part of the movie is just a dream by Diane/Betty and the second part represents the truth led over by the blue box.

that's my interpretation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mulholland Drive (The Movie and the Song)(may be a movie spoiler, beware...)   Mulholland Drive (The Movie and the Song)(may be a movie spoiler, beware...) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mulholland Drive (The Movie and the Song)(may be a movie spoiler, beware...)
Page 1 of 1