DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')

Go down 
+122
Breanne
RobG20
charlesepting
Jack
azlisa
crutchfield
ManasquanMike
Chappers
kirstyt
bobbyjames
chickenman
loazis
acousticbandit
PC89
ksupilot
Matilda Noir
gaslightfan89
xstevenbx
bt211
thebiglebowski
The Boxer
AngryJohnnyN1930
steady now steady now
DaleCooper
stephendgaf
holdonnow
songs like a comfort
moonlight
turnitin2004
thebar1963
Midnight Rambler
nickyno
Casey
Labhras
luckyman
Heart_Strings
rem999
Down by the Mersey
NYYFAN523
e7c
Velocity
03aarm
'49mercury
TGA30
enola
NeverTrustAJunkie
heartlikeatomb
TGAFAN25
nico0493
Nik-Bicanski
rsj
Holland
Jerseyrain
NDTGA
Pridevsprose
SirBrad
Yozzy
JimmyB
simo
Rizz
fake_empire
Danieljsmith
Arctander
StitchesOnTheRadio
MKULTRA
A_Regular
eagles1139
poormrpitiful
marcsnitz
StateOfLoveAndGaslight
rikerd21
nyranger66
Hanswurst
nebraska
colmillionaire
IKeeptheDiner
EveryLittleSecret
fullcollapse
brianisbae
Stalls_Standing
Vibes
DaveSavedTheDay
Kosburn59
rgillies
CluckyB
mercyandaminute
JJW319
YouCanCallMeSally
Prisoner
J_Bizness
AmSlang59
The Angry Johnny Revue
DeathoftheCool
mingus
RobertODonnell
SouthJerseyTGA
LuceroDiehard
steph
HorribleCrowe
Shrewsbury_Stars
Van Der Twix
Steve70s
TGAforLIFE
Debonair
njguy99
Forum Owner
riversedge
IAmDisappeared
big blue
jeffrey2
Bea
jonnyz83
Don Carlo
brucesboots
plugga
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Harbortown
bringiton
Camus
ghosttocoast
Christophe
Klown
126 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 1:39 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:

I'd guess that's because Brian does the backing vocals on the album because he's the only one who can sing and I think the other guys know that so they hold back (imo). Brian can't do his own backing vocals live, and Alex R. can hold his own but Alex L. is kind of terrible (vocally) so personally I don't think they should turn his mic up. Wouldn't hurt to turn up Alex R.'s though.

That's exactly right. The single biggest thing holding TGA back from being a preeminent live act is the absence of backing vocals. The sad truth is that the Alexes, while amazing musicians, cannot delivery the goods vocally. Hell, they even had to use auto-tune for Alex R. on Baba O'Reilly for the iTunes Session. It's too bad that Ian can't sing either. I love seeing Gaslight live but I would be lying if I said they sound as good live as they do in the studio.
I seem to remember seeing Alex R. recording backings in one of the AS behind the scenes videos.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 1:54 pm

I'm about to mow the lawn, thinking of ripping the audio just so I can listen to it on loop for a good half hour or so.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 2:29 pm

Alex R. might be a decent singer -- it's just really hard to sing while playing lead guitar. I've tried.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 2:37 pm

Oh yeah, same here...it is really difficult to sing in general while doing lead guitar work. Rhythm guitar is the best for the singer, anything else is really difficult. I mean between thinking of the pitches of the vocals, and the notes of the guitar part....something is gonna have to give.
Back to top Go down
SouthJerseyTGA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SouthJerseyTGA

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 2:54 pm

"45"...

.. "and all my friends say... Turn the record over".

I think it's pretty obvious what this songs about.

Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 4:26 pm

Less than 2 days to go now Smile
Back to top Go down
Yozzy
A Contender
A Contender
Yozzy

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 4:36 pm

Christophe wrote:

2 days feels like an eternity! bounce

PS, you already got a signature inspired by '45', only on this board Laughing

Love that second line!
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 4:57 pm

Yozzy wrote:
Christophe wrote:

2 days feels like an eternity! bounce

PS, you already got a signature inspired by '45', only on this board Laughing

Love that second line!

Yep always bang up to speed on DSS Wink
Back to top Go down
J_Bizness
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 5:00 pm

Man, love it. I think this sounds like something off Pearl Jam's Backspacer, which makes sense cause PJ kinda sounds somewhere between Foo Fighters and Tom Petty, and PJ is Brian's favorite band.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 5:15 pm

It's not on itunes! It just happened that the button I clicked on Amazon ended up "downloading" something that opened it itunes and I was able to stream the clip over and over from there. Well, until it crapped out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 6:54 pm

J_Bizness wrote:
Man, love it. I think this sounds like something off Pearl Jam's Backspacer, which makes sense cause PJ kinda sounds somewhere between Foo Fighters and Tom Petty, and PJ is Brian's favorite band.

That was my first thought as well. Watch, now they'll start getting constantly compaired to Pearl Jam instead of Springsteen.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 7:08 pm

also, for all you guitarists out there, this song is in E flat isn't it? I don't think there are any other brian songs in that key besides Sugar. interesting.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 10:01 pm

fullcollapse wrote:
It's not on itunes! It just happened that the button I clicked on Amazon ended up "downloading" something that opened it itunes and I was able to stream the clip over and over from there. Well, until it crapped out.

Oh okay, thanks for clearing that up! I was so confused as to why I couldn't find it!

And congratulations on the baby if I haven't said that before. I think it's awesome that you are making a Gaslight playlist for the birth. Lucky baby! Smile Any chance her name will be Mary, Maria, Virginia, Matilda, or Elsie? Razz
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 11:56 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
fullcollapse wrote:

Oh okay, thanks for clearing that up! I was so confused as to why I couldn't find it!

And congratulations on the baby if I haven't said that before. I think it's awesome that you are making a Gaslight playlist for the birth. Lucky baby! Smile Any chance her name will be Mary, Maria, Virginia, Matilda, or Elsie? Razz

haha thank you! I like to think her name is similar--Paula Jean. My mom was Paula and we decided long ago we'd name our first daughter after my mom. And I've known for a while that I wanted to give birth to Gaslight! Sounds awesome on the surface but I'm sure it gets creepy if you think about it. lmao.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 12:02 am

fullcollapse wrote:
fullcollapse wrote:

haha thank you! I like to think her name is similar--Paula Jean. My mom was Paula and we decided long ago we'd name our first daughter after my mom. And I've known for a while that I wanted to give birth to Gaslight! Sounds awesome on the surface but I'm sure it gets creepy if you think about it. lmao.

Haha, don't think about it too hard! I think it's a cool idea and probably the best sounds for her to hear in her first moments of life.

Paula Jean is a really cute name! That's sweet that you are naming her after your mom. "No surrender my Paula Jean" has a nice ring to it! Razz
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 12:22 am

fullcollapse wrote:
fullcollapse wrote:

Haha, don't think about it too hard! I think it's a cool idea and probably the best sounds for her to hear in her first moments of life.

Paula Jean is a really cute name! That's sweet that you are naming her after your mom. "No surrender my Paula Jean" has a nice ring to it! Razz

Uh oh, you're giving me more tattoo ideas! Like I'm actually going to need MORE ideas once this record is out, oh man.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 12:27 am

fullcollapse wrote:
fullcollapse wrote:
fullcollapse wrote:

Uh oh, you're giving me more tattoo ideas! Like I'm actually going to need MORE ideas once this record is out, oh man.

Haha, I'm sure you'll get a ton of ideas very soon! This album is going to be amazing, I just know it! And I think Brian pulled out all the stops with the lyrics this time. I didn't think it could get any better than it already was, but after seeing the track listing my mind is reeling with what he might have come up with.

And on the tattoo topic, have you ever seen someone with a tattoo of their baby's footprints? I always thought that was a neat idea.
Back to top Go down
StateOfLoveAndGaslight
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
StateOfLoveAndGaslight

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 1:37 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:
J_Bizness wrote:

That was my first thought as well. Watch, now they'll start getting constantly compaired to Pearl Jam instead of Springsteen.

With Brendan O'Brien producing and Brian's natural reverence for PJ, I expect a LOT of PJ/Backspacer comparisons from this album.
Back to top Go down
J_Bizness
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 2:20 am

StateOfLoveAndGaslight wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
J_Bizness wrote:

With Brendan O'Brien producing and Brian's natural reverence for PJ, I expect a LOT of PJ/Backspacer comparisons from this album.

Oh that is so true!!!
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 2:51 am

Sweet, single going to be released on my birthday...nice gift!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
rgillies
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rgillies

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 10:59 am

Is it just me or have Amazon taken down the ability to play the 30 second clip!? Sad
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 11:00 am

rgillies wrote:
Is it just me or have Amazon taken down the ability to play the 30 second clip!? Sad

Yes they have.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 11:03 am

Christophe wrote:
rgillies wrote:

Yes they have.

Withdrawals, anyone?
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 11:04 am

Christophe wrote:
rgillies wrote:

Yes they have.

Withdrawals, anyone?

That's what she said cheers
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 11:07 am

Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
rgillies wrote:

Yes they have.

Withdrawals, anyone?

That's what she said cheers

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed I didn't think that post through at all! Oh man... Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')
Page 12 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25 ... 39  Next