DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')

Go down 
+122
Breanne
RobG20
charlesepting
Jack
azlisa
crutchfield
ManasquanMike
Chappers
kirstyt
bobbyjames
chickenman
loazis
acousticbandit
PC89
ksupilot
Matilda Noir
gaslightfan89
xstevenbx
bt211
thebiglebowski
The Boxer
AngryJohnnyN1930
steady now steady now
DaleCooper
stephendgaf
holdonnow
songs like a comfort
moonlight
turnitin2004
thebar1963
Midnight Rambler
nickyno
Casey
Labhras
luckyman
Heart_Strings
rem999
Down by the Mersey
NYYFAN523
e7c
Velocity
03aarm
'49mercury
TGA30
enola
NeverTrustAJunkie
heartlikeatomb
TGAFAN25
nico0493
Nik-Bicanski
rsj
Holland
Jerseyrain
NDTGA
Pridevsprose
SirBrad
Yozzy
JimmyB
simo
Rizz
fake_empire
Danieljsmith
Arctander
StitchesOnTheRadio
MKULTRA
A_Regular
eagles1139
poormrpitiful
marcsnitz
StateOfLoveAndGaslight
rikerd21
nyranger66
Hanswurst
nebraska
colmillionaire
IKeeptheDiner
EveryLittleSecret
fullcollapse
brianisbae
Stalls_Standing
Vibes
DaveSavedTheDay
Kosburn59
rgillies
CluckyB
mercyandaminute
JJW319
YouCanCallMeSally
Prisoner
J_Bizness
AmSlang59
The Angry Johnny Revue
DeathoftheCool
mingus
RobertODonnell
SouthJerseyTGA
LuceroDiehard
steph
HorribleCrowe
Shrewsbury_Stars
Van Der Twix
Steve70s
TGAforLIFE
Debonair
njguy99
Forum Owner
riversedge
IAmDisappeared
big blue
jeffrey2
Bea
jonnyz83
Don Carlo
brucesboots
plugga
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Harbortown
bringiton
Camus
ghosttocoast
Christophe
Klown
126 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 2:24 am

Jerseyrain wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Didn't someone just point out that Elsie didn't leak? Or did it?

Elsie did leak but not long before release. Brian said in an interview that he couldnt believe it didnt but I know for a fact that some fellow DSS members were lapping it up before release.

I think Mercury will be a lot more secure at keeping it under wraps...or at least I hope so...

Technically it did, I got my copy like two weeks before it came out. But that was legitimately buying a copy from a record store. But from an unofficial route, no it didn't leak.

And any copies put online before release date were from legitimate avenues (I.e. preorders etc.) People started getting their pre order like a week before release.

So it depends on what you truely consider "leak"
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 2:56 am

I consider some dude in the middle of nowhere putting it up for free and kids getting it before it came out without paying for it a leak.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 3:56 am

i don't think Elsie leaked. most of us got the pre-orders a few days/week earlier, and still the illegal downloads didn't hit the Internet until a few hours before the actual release date. there were a few songs streamed on a radio with Brian the day before and i remember that was the first time those songs were heard. so i don't consider that a leak at all.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 7:00 am

[quote="Christophe"][quote="Jerseyrain"]
Christophe wrote:
Matilda Noir wrote:
Christophe wrote:
[quote="Matilda Noir")

Sorry to quote such a long passage but I just want to chip in: Also a big GGD's fan I like every album since and including Hold Me Up but the latest album didnt do it for me and Im not sure how you can say they haven't sold out. Even as a fan of theirs I have to admit that. Theyve obviously changed since their punky days but these days they play on their strengths of power ballads far too much and a few songs on SFTROU were not good songs including the title track. Sorry and I dont mean to sound harsh there but I just found it interesting how you dont believ theyve sold out. As for any GGD's resebling Gaslight in 45 (and forgetting that Brian and Johns voices are totally different) I can see a similarity to GGD's more anthemic numbers so I see what you are saying although I wouldn't say it is the most obvious comparison if you see.

On a plus side its nice to see a few GGD's fans coming out of the woodwork here because they are a good band and they do get criticised but they have written some awesome songs. Im hoping their next album will be a lot more rocky and fast paced, more raw!!

I see what you mean about SFTROU there are one or two songs I'm not a massive fan of and it is overly heavy on ballady type songs. I just don't like the sound of the production of it. I think they have matured as a band and maybe one or two of their songs are written with the major intention being radio success. They have never made it big in the UK though most people here only know Iris. I guess I just don't like the term sell out because I still enjoy their music and think it is far better than the majority of crap in the charts these days. I'm like though I hope the new album has a more raw, rocky feel to it. Have you heard Last Hot Night In America it's a new song they have played live a few times I really like it and it is definitely more a rock song. I hope they continue to in this vein with the new album. At the end of the day though one of John's strengths is his ability to write great ballads so that's not something that will go away. Notbroken is a great song. Until I discovered TGA, GGD were my favourite band and they will always be a massive part of my youth and are a band I wlll always be glad I discovered.

I have heard Last Hot Night in America, and its good song, more of the same on the new album would be good. They haven't made it big in UK but they still fill their venues. Don't get me wrong theyve been one of my favourites for a while Im just not as impressed with the direction they seem to be heading.
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 7:01 am

Bea wrote:
i don't think Elsie leaked. most of us got the pre-orders a few days/week earlier, and still the illegal downloads didn't hit the Internet until a few hours before the actual release date. there were a few songs streamed on a radio with Brian the day before and i remember that was the first time those songs were heard. so i don't consider that a leak at all.

If it really didn't leak I stand corrected from what some people have written though still have my doubts.
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
chickenman
A Contender
A Contender
chickenman

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:31 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Didn't someone just point out that Elsie didn't leak? Or did it?
Wether it was techincally a leak or not, I think alot of people, read 'those who wanted it most, had Elsie about a week before the official release date. As for Handwritten, only a week early, feels like ages away... Shocked

After listening to '45 two or three times, I like what I hear. The guitar riff takes you back to Sink Or Swim, but the sound is so much diffrent from that album. Don't know if it makes sence or not, but it sounds more mature in some fashion.

Don't remember who, but someone on here posted that he or she would not listen to it to much in fear of using the SKIP button when '45 comes on when you play the record, and for me that's a very valid point. I was long tired of 'We Take Care Of Our Own' before Bruce released Wrecking Ball. I don't want the same to happend with '45.

As for comparing '45 to Biloxi Parish, keep in mind that Brian stated several times that Biloxi was going to be the 'odd-ball song' on the new album, now known as Handwritten. Much like 'Film Noir' or 'Cowgirls...' was the odd-ball song on the '59 Sound.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 12:29 pm

I have listened to '45' probably between 70 and 80 times already and it's still not old. In fact it really does sound better and better with every listen. Smile
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 12:57 pm

Christophe wrote:
I have listened to '45' probably between 70 and 80 times already and it's still not old. In fact it really does sound better and better with every listen. Smile

Same here! I listen to music a lot, including Gaslight or Horrible Crowes every single day, and I haven't gotten sick of a single song in over two years, so I don't think there's any chance of that happening with "45", but I'm weird like that. geek
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 1:02 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Christophe wrote:

Same here! I listen to music a lot, including Gaslight or Horrible Crowes every single day, and I haven't gotten sick of a single song in over two years, so I don't think there's any chance of that happening with "45", but I'm weird like that. geek

You and me both Smile

Every time I get a chunk of my essay done my reward is '45' Smile

It's working at the moment!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 1:08 pm

Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:

You and me both Smile

Every time I get a chunk of my essay done my reward is '45' Smile

It's working at the moment!

That's a great reward system!
Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 1:44 pm

I'm really trying to ration my listening because I hate when I play a single so much I'm fed up of it by the time the album comes out! So far I'm not fed up of it though, gets better and better.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 2:57 pm

I can imagine a few people from here had the same reaction...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 3:00 pm

Klown wrote:

That's exactly how I reacted! I just ran around in circles and started throwing things across the room. May have even thrown a knee slide in for good measure Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 3:02 pm

Christophe wrote:
Klown wrote:

That's exactly how I reacted! I just ran around in circles and started throwing things across the room. May have even thrown a knee slide in for good measure Laughing

Hahahah! This is great.
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 3:02 pm

Christophe wrote:

Shocked How have you listened to it that many times already?! That's just insane! I've been trying to keep track, but I'm only maybe up to 30 or 40... oh well. Maybe some self control is a good thing. hahaha
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 3:05 pm

TGAforLIFE wrote:
Christophe wrote:

Shocked How have you listened to it that many times already?! That's just insane! I've been trying to keep track, but I'm only maybe up to 30 or 40... oh well. Maybe some self control is a good thing. hahaha

Maybe not quite that many times I should have counted haha! I think at least 60 though definitely. I can't get enough of it at the moment. Listening again as I type Wink
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 3:06 pm

TGAforLIFE wrote:
bt211 wrote:
I am on my fifth listen tonight and loving it! This song will be great live, can't wait for the Brooklyn show and Bamboozle (if I ever get my festival wristband ... ).

I can't wait for the live streaming from Brooklyn. Very Happy

I will watch it from start to finish and likely jot it down as one of my favorite live performances. Wink

^ Oh, and Shannon and Christophe, excellent discussion. I just wanted to say, and this is a bit cliche...But, it's honestly the best "Aged, mature cheddar" I've heard in a while!

lol!

lol! AGED, MATURE CHEDDAR! Clap

Just had to dig this one up....

cheers
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 3:07 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Klown wrote:

Hahahah! This is great.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I felt! What a cute little kid! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 3:09 pm

TGAforLIFE wrote:
TGAforLIFE wrote:
bt211 wrote:
I am on my fifth listen tonight and loving it! This song will be great live, can't wait for the Brooklyn show and Bamboozle (if I ever get my festival wristband ... ).

I can't wait for the live streaming from Brooklyn. Very Happy

I will watch it from start to finish and likely jot it down as one of my favorite live performances. Wink

^ Oh, and Shannon and Christophe, excellent discussion. I just wanted to say, and this is a bit cliche...But, it's honestly the best "Aged, mature cheddar" I've heard in a while!

lol!

lol! AGED, MATURE CHEDDAR! Clap

Just had to dig this one up....

cheers

Good times! Gotta love AGED, MATURE CHEDDAR! lol!
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 3:16 pm

Christophe wrote:
TGAforLIFE wrote:
Christophe wrote:

Maybe not quite that many times I should have counted haha! I think at least 60 though definitely. I can't get enough of it at the moment. Listening again as I type Wink

No No Just unfathomable.... although, I can't deny why you love the song. It's hard not to love. I mean, in all honesty, these guys are going to be my favorite band FOR LIFE.
I know... cliche, especially with my username. But, heck. It's true. Smile
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 3:45 pm

TGAforLIFE wrote:
Christophe wrote:
TGAforLIFE wrote:
Christophe wrote:

No No Just unfathomable.... although, I can't deny why you love the song. It's hard not to love. I mean, in all honesty, these guys are going to be my favorite band FOR LIFE.
I know... cliche, especially with my username. But, heck. It's true. Smile

I could not love another band like I do Gaslight. Smile
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:54 pm

so do you guys think 45 will chart anywhere?
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 11:00 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:

I hope so! I'm expecting it to do okay on the iTunes chart like the iTunes Sessions did, and I really, really hope it makes a strong showing on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. That would be so good for the band! I think it all depends on how much publicity the song gets and how much radio play. Fingers crossed!

Last edited by IrishNameAndAnInjury on Wed May 02, 2012 11:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 11:01 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:

I don't think it'll be the "breakthrough" everyone's thinking they are gonna get any minute now, I still think that's another album away. I think it'll chart it'll have similar success to The '59 Sound but not too much more.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 11:08 pm

The Angry Johnny Revue wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:

I don't think it'll be the "breakthrough" everyone's thinking they are gonna get any minute now, I still think that's another album away. I think it'll chart it'll have similar success to The '59 Sound but not too much more.

Well aren't you a negative Nancy! Razz I get where you're coming from, but I hope you're wrong. The guys deserve all the success in the world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio'  & 'spoiler thread') - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')
Page 30 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34 ... 39  Next