DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spam

Go down 
+18
nebraska
The Poet Jonah
simo
Camus
HorribleCrowe
IrishNameAndAnInjury
DeathoftheCool
colmillionaire
NeverTrustAJunkie
steady now steady now
Labhras
ThisMachineKillsFascists
plugga
JimmyB
Harbortown
TGAforLIFE
steph
Debonair
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 6:43 pm

^^ Seriously... what is the world coming to? I'd be like, "Hey lady, I've got an idea... why don't you SELL ONE OF YOUR DAMN HOUSES?!" For the love of God. She probably has 100 cats too. Sad
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 6:45 pm

The system really should take into account savings and the likes. Until that happens, things like the above will continue to happen and people will abuse the system because they can.
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 6:49 pm

Yeah... just plain absurd. And she'll probably expect her kids to help pay off the national deficit too... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 6:51 pm

steph wrote:
i just read an article about a Michigan woman who won a million dollars in the lottery, but still gets food stamps from the state! $200 worth a month! and her argument was "i'm not working, and i have two houses and bills to pay" Shocked
what is wrong with the world?!

Go hit her on the head with a frying pan, Steph! Spam - Page 11 141288954 People like that who take advantage of a system that is meant to help families who really need it make me so furious! Mad Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad

Hey everybody! WELCOME BACK, MIKE!!!!! As I'm sure you can tell, we all missed you. I love you
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 6:54 pm

Hey everyone, Think I might be going out for another walk....Trying to get to a pants size of 30 by the end of the year....and try to least at least 30lbs by the end of the year
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 6:55 pm

That seems like a very reasonable goal, Jimmy. Just keep working at it and I'm sure you'll succeed! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 6:57 pm

That's cool. Good luck JimmyB!

and, yeah, what Shannon said. Smile
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 6:57 pm

Hi Shannon! How are you? I do feel loved Very Happy I love you
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 6:59 pm

What is size 30 in inches for us non-Americans?
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 7:04 pm

Camus wrote:

I'm doing alright. I have this week off of work, so I'm getting a ton of stuff done. My bedroom no longer looks like a disaster area that the National Guard or FEMA needs to step in and rescue, so I'm happy about that. Razz
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 7:04 pm

Camus wrote:
What is size 30 in inches for us non-Americans?
'
46 european. I am at a 52 European (34 US) currently. I want to get to a 46 European (30 US.)
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 7:07 pm

A 30 inch waist is pretty small for a guy, Jimmy. I know several guys who wear a 34 pants and they don't look overweight at all. I guess you have to factor in height and body shape though? scratch What I'm trying to get at is that you might not need to lose as much weight as you think, just as long as you are comfortable in your own skin.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 7:08 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Camus wrote:

I'm doing alright. I have this week off of work, so I'm getting a ton of stuff done. My bedroom no longer looks like a disaster area that the National Guard or FEMA needs to step in and rescue, so I'm happy about that. Razz

Time off is always nice. Is it the holidays for the kids then?
Hah, I can't imagine you having a messy bedroom. You seem like the sort to live in a perfectly tidy house all the time Razz
How's the writing going?
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 7:10 pm

A 30 inch waist is pretty small for a guy, Jimmy. I know several guys who wear a 34 pants and they don't look overweight at all. I guess you have to factor in height and body shape though? scratch What I'm trying to get at is that you might not need to lose as much weight as you think, just as long as you are comfortable in your own skin.

I wear either 32 or 34, and I'm quite slim. I think the US sizing must be slightly different.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 7:15 pm

currently at 34 pants size...I need to lose a ton more. I am probably about 30 lbs over what I should be to be borderline unhealthy. I am 5'9''....I should be about 180 at the heaviest.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 7:16 pm

Camus wrote:
Camus wrote:

Hah, I can't imagine you having a messy bedroom. You seem like the sort to live in a perfectly tidy house all the time Razz
How's the writing going?

That's what's so weird - I like to have everything clean and orderly and I am a control freak when it comes to organizing. At work I always make sure everything is spotless, and I won't have company over unless the house is immaculate, but my bedroom is the last thing I worry about. I feel so much more relaxed now that it's clean though! I mean, it wasn't dirty or anything, just messy.

Yes, the kids are on spring break, so their whole family is spending the week at their condo in the mountains going skiing, tubing, etc. Hm... funny how they can afford a second house at a ski resort but I haven't gotten a raise in over four years...Suspect But anyway, I am really enjoying this time off. I have been so consumed with them lately that my entire life was revolving around the girls and their schedules, and I really needed a break.

The writing is going really well, actually. I wrote about a thousand words yesterday and hope to write about 3000 tomorrow. I'm getting into the groove of this book and I even dreamed about a couple of the characters last night, so that's a great sign! Very Happy Plus, I've been working on my poetry again which is very cathartic. I hadn't pulled those notebooks out in a while and it feels good to be channeling my energy into something emotionally creative for a change.

Are you all settled in your new apartment now? You must be so excited! How many roommates do you have?
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 7:18 pm

Wow...Another friend right out of highschool is gonna be a dad in about 9 months...I will say this though...at least all the fathers are good people who will stay. I hate the guys who leave...Gives the rest of us a bad image, and makes us look like cowards.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 7:20 pm

Camus wrote:

I wear either 32 or 34, and I'm quite slim. I think the US sizing must be slightly different.

I don't know...all the guys I've known that wear a 32 or a 34 are pretty slim too, so I'm kind of confused by Jimmy saying that he wants to get down to a 30. That sounds awfully scrawny to me, and that's not usually a good look on guys... I guess if you're only five feet tall and wear a 34 it's going to look different than if you're 6'4" and wear the same size, but Jimmy's not that short. I'm confused. confused scratch
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 7:23 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Wow...Another friend right out of highschool is gonna be a dad in about 9 months...I will say this though...at least all the fathers are good people who will stay. I hate the guys who leave...Gives the rest of us a bad image, and makes us look like cowards.

Jeez, is there really nothing to do in your town except have babies? I'm glad that your friends are stand-up guys that will be there for their kids, but that's just so young. Then again, I'm positive that I would have handled having a baby at that age just fine, so it really depends on the person. I wish him and his girlfriend/wife a lot of luck, because raising kids is not easy, especially when you start out so young.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 7:24 pm

how can people who are barely 20 have a baby , I cannot comprehend Shocked
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 7:30 pm

plugga wrote:
how can people who are barely 20 have a baby , I cannot comprehend Shocked

Well, when a man a woman really love each other...

Oh wait, that's probably not what you mean.Razz Is it uncommon in Italy for people to have babies so young? It's kind of an epidemic in America. I had four friends (and several other acquaintances) who were either pregnant, had a baby, or in one case, had two kids, before we graduated high school. And everyone acted like it was no big deal! We have sex ed in schools, people know how to prevent pregnancy, but a lot of them are stupid and don't think it will happen to them...until it does of course. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 7:31 pm

JimmyB wrote:

Jeez, is there really nothing to do in your town except have babies? I'm glad that your friends are stand-up guys that will be there for their kids, but that's just so young. Then again, I'm positive that I would have handled having a baby at that age just fine, so it really depends on the person. I wish him and his girlfriend/wife a lot of luck, because raising kids is not easy, especially when you start out so young.

Pretty much. Which is why I cannot wait for a new mayor to be elected, one who will actually get businesses to open more often in town, maybe have longer business hours (all stores close at 8 here,except the bars...all 21 and over bars), and maybe provide some life into this town. No I have no desire to run for that position though.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 7:33 pm

Camus wrote:
Camus wrote:

How's the writing going?

That's what's so weird - I like to have everything clean and orderly and I am a control freak when it comes to organizing. At work I always make sure everything is spotless, and I won't have company over unless the house is immaculate, but my bedroom is the last thing I worry about. I feel so much more relaxed now that it's clean though! I mean, it wasn't dirty or anything, just messy.

Yes, the kids are on spring break, so their whole family is spending the week at their condo in the mountains going skiing, tubing, etc. Hm... funny how they can afford a second house at a ski resort but I haven't gotten a raise in over four years...Suspect But anyway, I am really enjoying this time off. I have been so consumed with them lately that my entire life was revolving around the girls and their schedules, and I really needed a break.

The writing is going really well, actually. I wrote about a thousand words yesterday and hope to write about 3000 tomorrow. I'm getting into the groove of this book and I even dreamed about a couple of the characters last night, so that's a great sign! Very Happy Plus, I've been working on my poetry again which is very cathartic. I hadn't pulled those notebooks out in a while and it feels good to be channeling my energy into something emotionally creative for a change.

Are you all settled in your new apartment now? You must be so excited! How many roommates do you have?

I know that feeling. My bedroom was always the last room I'd clean - I couldn't stand it if the rest of the house was a mess because that's the part other people would see, but my bedroom was usually not very clean because that's my own space and I wouldn't be bothered by that.

A holiday is always good, and it gives you time to rejuvenate (and write Very Happy). Hopefully you'll get a raise soon! It isn't fair on you if there's massive amount of inflation and your salary isn't matching those increases.

That sounds really good! Keep up the work - I hope to read some of this one day. Smile I saw some of your poetry in one of the other threads and really enjoyed it.

All moved in now, yes. Very Happy Getting the internet sorted today was the last thing that needed doing, and I love this place already. It's so new and nothing like that place I lived in at uni. It's far too nice for us really Razz
I'm just living with one other guy - I lived in the same house as him for 3 years at uni so we know what it's like living together and we get on ridiculously well. It's so much closer to work as well which. Driving only takes 5 minutes, which I've done the last few days as the weather has been horrible, but once it's slightly nicer I'll be able to walk.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 7:34 pm

Camus wrote:

I don't know...all the guys I've known that wear a 32 or a 34 are pretty slim too, so I'm kind of confused by Jimmy saying that he wants to get down to a 30. That sounds awfully scrawny to me, and that's not usually a good look on guys... I guess if you're only five feet tall and wear a 34 it's going to look different than if you're 6'4" and wear the same size, but Jimmy's not that short. I'm confused. confused scratch

When I was 18 I weighed not much more than 130 lbs, I was a bit under 6 ft, and I was a 30 inch waist. It's really not healthy for him to get to that weight.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 7:35 pm

Jimmy, your post made me laugh so hard. One second you're talking about your friends having babies and then you say you can't wait for a new mayor to be elected. I immediately thought of someone running with a population control platform, assuring the citizens of Small Town, PA that babies having babies would be a thing of the past if he/she was elected. And you say you aren't funny! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spam
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next