DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]

Go down 
+48
gaslightom
kuruptlon
Kosburn59
Grant Michael
ThisMachineKillsFascists
Kobelev
LuceroDiehard
Templeton
nebraska
Ghost To Coast
CokaCola1988
Gaslight23
Prisoner
RobertODonnell
carryon820
loazis
mercyandaminute
brucesboots
The Boxer
acousticbandit
mingus
Shrewsbury_Stars
vamike
Sinngh
plugga
theBasemen
Silver
Reinvent good times
enola
bobbyjames
Christophe
Vibes
Daire
StopAndSlideToTheRight
Zeebs07
amberfoyd
NeverTrustAJunkie
Down by the Mersey
IFeelBlue
Bea
Jay
simo
CluckyB
IKeeptheDiner
fullcollapse
JJW319
Holland
steady now steady now
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 2:10 pm

It does, but Brian uses loads of them similies when describing how a new record sounds and they never really have any relevance to how the end product sounds, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 2:22 pm

Daire wrote:
It does, but Brian uses loads of them similies when describing how a new record sounds and they never really have any relevance to how the end product sounds, in my opinion.

I've been thinking the same , Nick Cave's voice is so distinct , so Brian isnt going to suddenly sound like him. I just think its going to sound like an album full of We Did It When We Were Young style songs.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 5:18 pm

Holland wrote:
I've been thinking the same , Nick Cave's voice is so distinct , so Brian isnt going to suddenly sound like him. I just think its going to sound like an album full of We Did It When We Were Young style songs.

I was not expecting Brian to sound like Nick Cave but those two sounds mixing. And I can somehow imagine how that's going to sound. Something tells me that I'll like that. But we'll see Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 9:30 pm

[quote="Holland"]
Daire wrote:

sound like an album full of We Did It When We Were Young style songs.

Hopefully not!

Question
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 7:43 am

Well that was probably an exaggeration , i'm trying to underplay the hype of this album.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Brian Fallon wraps up 'radical' debut side-project release 'Elsie'   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 7:58 am

Gaslight Anthem frontman completes work on new album with his roadie

The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 9 0924_162815_GaslightAnthemsreadin08AW

The Gaslight Anthem vocalist Brian Fallon has finished work on the debut album from his side-project The Horrible Crowes.

The record will be entitled 'Elsie' and is due for release through Side One Dummy Records in the UK on September 5. Speaking to Spin Magazine, Fallon revealed that the album is: "not what you expect from me at all."

'Elsie' was recorded in New Jersey as a collaboration between Fallon and The Gaslight Anthem roadie Ian Perkins.

http://www.nme.com/news/the-gaslight-anthem/56978[u]

Last edited by bobbyw24 on Tue May 31, 2011 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 8:15 am

Thanks for putting this in the correct thread.
Back to top Go down
Grant Michael
A Contender
A Contender
Grant Michael

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 9:02 pm

Spoke with the Parkington Sisters on Thursday. They said that it is definitely a shift from the Gaslight Anthem stuff, but also that they were very excited to be a part of the album and that they thought the stuff they heard was great.
Back to top Go down
carryon820
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 1:43 am

I hate to say it, but my feelings for this album have gone from excitement.....to anticipation......to feelings of apprehension......and now I'm experiencing similar feelings of doubt. I don't know why. I certainly shouldn't underestimate or doubt Brain Fallon or Ted Hutt.....I actually feel pretty bad for having such feelings, being that I'm such a huge fan of both! Maybe it's because I naturally tend to be pessimistic anyway.........and in hearing these updates, I try to "take in" everything, in an attempt to piece together what The horrible Crowes may sound like......but hopefully my current perception is inaccurate.

Anyone else having similar feelings?
Back to top Go down
kuruptlon
A Contender
A Contender
kuruptlon

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 9:58 am

carryon820 wrote:
I hate to say it, but my feelings for this album have gone from excitement.....to anticipation......to feelings of apprehension......and now I'm experiencing similar feelings of doubt. I don't know why. I certainly shouldn't underestimate or doubt Brain Fallon or Ted Hutt.....I actually feel pretty bad for having such feelings, being that I'm such a huge fan of both! Maybe it's because I naturally tend to be pessimistic anyway.........and in hearing these updates, I try to "take in" everything, in an attempt to piece together what The horrible Crowes may sound like......but hopefully my current perception is inaccurate.

Anyone else having similar feelings?

I really have no clue what to expect so I'm not really getting my hopes up, nor am I thinking this album will be rubbish. I guess you could sum up my current feelings on the project as curious.

I think its too early with out having heard any of the recorded material to make a judgement in either direction.

All I know is Brian has let me down yet.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 4:08 pm

new photo and info

The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 9 Horrible

In recent months, Brian Fallon of the working man's rock band the Gaslight Anthem has branched out to work on the debut album with his side-project the Horrible Crowes. A collaboration with friend Ian Perkins, the songwriter previously described the new songs as sounding like what would result if "Tom Waits, the National, the Afghan Whigs, Bon Iver, and Nick Cave made a band with Percy Sledge." Soon, we'll be able to hear this for ourselves, as the LP Elsie will come out on September 6 via SideOneDummy.

A press release explains that the album finds Fallon "playing keyboards and working with drum loops and string arrangements for the first time." The tracks date back to when Perkins came on tour with the band last year, as the pair wrote "on buses, in hotel rooms and even a bathroom in Japan following the earthquake."

In a statement, Fallon said, "These songs are very dark; they're like hymns for lonely people. It's really a trip through a breakdown and that descent into madness and hopefully redemption."

The album was recorded on tape with producer Ted Hutt (the Gaslight Anthem, Dropkick Murphys). The tracklist and lead single from Elsie have not been confirmed, but we can expect those to arrive in the near future. There will also be shows in support of the album.

"Our shows are going to be smaller and they're going to take place in very intimate venues," Fallon said.

But unlike his rowdy gigs with the Gaslight Anthem, "It's not the kind of thing where you get wasted and listen to some music," he explained. "It's more, 'I'm going to take my lady out and watch a band play and it's going to be quiet and then we're going to go home and have a good evening.'"

As for the Gaslight Anthem, Fallon has said that they will likely release an album in 2012.

from http://exclaim.ca/News/gaslight_anthems_brian_fallon_sets_release_date_for_debut_with_horrible_crowes
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 4:51 pm

I'm so excited!!

Why does it take that long to master the album?
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 4:59 pm

Looks like they got those quotes from the official S1D message today:

http://sideonedummy.com/the-horrible-crowes-sign-to-sideonedummy-announce-album-title-and-release-date

Quote :

“I’m not a different person when I’m in this band, it’s just another side of what I love,” Fallon summarizes, adding that although his Gaslight Anthem bandmates stopped by to perform on this record, The Horrible Crowes is its own tortured and sometimes beautiful beast. Get ready to fall in love with Fallon’s songwriting all over again.
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 5:07 pm

How long do you think it will be before they release the first single?
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 6:02 pm

NEW YORK MAGAZINE Picked this up also

That Gaslight Anthem Side Project Is Happening
[u]

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/06/that_gaslight_anthem_side_proj.html

Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 12:29 pm

“Our shows are going to be smaller and they’re going to take place in very intimate venues,” Fallon explains. “It’s not the kind of thing where you get wasted and listen to some music. It’s more, ‘I’m going to take my lady out and watch a band play and it’s going to be quiet and then we’re going to go home and have a good evening.’”

I hope they come down here to Fla. Well, i wouldn't mind seeing this show at The Black Cat in D.C. or the Paramount on the boards in Asbury
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 3:40 pm

Gaslight23 wrote:

Has Brian said they are going to even release a single? Honestly seems to me it would make the most sense if they just keep everything under tight wraps until the release date. Gotta listen to the whole album, not just one single out of context.
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 4:23 pm

CluckyB wrote:
Gaslight23 wrote:

Has Brian said they are going to even release a single? Honestly seems to me it would make the most sense if they just keep everything under tight wraps until the release date. Gotta listen to the whole album, not just one single out of context.

I'm pretty sure he said in one of the articles that they wouldn't be releasing any previews, they would just release a single, i could be wrong
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 10:51 am

Holland wrote:
Well that was probably an exaggeration , i'm trying to underplay the hype of this album.

This album has been getting a lot of press. More today:

"Radical is a good word to describe the record. It's definitely out there," says vocalist/guitarist Fallon. "Someone's either going to get pregnant or want to steal a car listening to this record." Fallon goes on to reveal track titles for 'Elsie' include 'Go Tell Everybody' and 'Mary Ann'. "That song would give a kid nightmares for months," says the singer of the latter track. "It's all about the end of the world."

http://www.melodic.net/?page=news&id=18044
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 11:51 am

bobbyw24 wrote:
Holland wrote:

This album has been getting a lot of press. More today:

"Radical is a good word to describe the record. It's definitely out there," says vocalist/guitarist Fallon. "Someone's either going to get pregnant or want to steal a car listening to this record." Fallon goes on to reveal track titles for 'Elsie' include 'Go Tell Everybody' and 'Mary Ann'. "That song would give a kid nightmares for months," says the singer of the latter track. "It's all about the end of the world."

http://www.melodic.net/?page=news&id=18044

That's a re-used quote from some days back. Do check above.

Last edited by steady now steady now on Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 1:38 pm

from @horriblecrowes Twitter:

Record is mixed and now off too mastering!!!!! Sounds KILLER!!!
8 June
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 2:15 pm

*excited*
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
tgatom
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
tgatom

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 6:11 pm

Brian said on his page that there should be a preview coming soon!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 6:35 pm

No! I want to listen to the album as a whole when it comes out without it being spoiled, but I'm not going to survive three minutes with a listenable track out, much less three months. =P
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 5:56 am

tgatom wrote:
Brian said on his page that there should be a preview coming soon!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

The Horrible Crowes wrote on Twitter (10 June 2011): "Record is mastered. Officially done!". They added on Facebook: "We just got the masters back and they sound AMAZING! Preview track coming soon!"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next