DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]

Go down 
+48
gaslightom
kuruptlon
Kosburn59
Grant Michael
ThisMachineKillsFascists
Kobelev
LuceroDiehard
Templeton
nebraska
Ghost To Coast
CokaCola1988
Gaslight23
Prisoner
RobertODonnell
carryon820
loazis
mercyandaminute
brucesboots
The Boxer
acousticbandit
mingus
Shrewsbury_Stars
vamike
Sinngh
plugga
theBasemen
Silver
Reinvent good times
enola
bobbyjames
Christophe
Vibes
Daire
StopAndSlideToTheRight
Zeebs07
amberfoyd
NeverTrustAJunkie
Down by the Mersey
IFeelBlue
Bea
Jay
simo
CluckyB
IKeeptheDiner
fullcollapse
JJW319
Holland
steady now steady now
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 7:38 pm

JJW319 wrote:
"The Record carries out like a novel, there's a beginning and and end, a fall from grace and a little salvation"

my favorite update so far. I love albums that are actually albums.

Still have no idea what to expect though. So excited. It seems like it's shaping up to be amazing though.

Words can't describe how excited I am for this record.

I think Brian really hit the nail on the head with this one, or at least it seems like he thinks so lol.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 3:26 am

Most beautiful Strings and wildest accordion. That's gonna be great.
But somehow I don't like the term "waiting game". No daily updates anymore Sad
But still a lot to look forward to. And fortunately 2 TGA gigs Smile

update:
There Was Blood on My Teeth...
STUDIO UPDATE:7 The Horrible Crowes

Well, now we've done it, we've crossed the line into strings and we can never go back, we had the Parkington Sisters come in and play some of the most beautiful strings I've ever heard. They also laid some of the wildest accordion down since Tom Waits. We have one more day of recording and then Ted's off to mix it and then it's a waiting game until September when it comes out.
Here we go!

Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 4:41 am

enola wrote:

update:

Well, now we've done it, we've crossed the line into strings and we can never go back, we had the Parkington Sisters come in and play some of the most beautiful strings I've ever heard. They also laid some of the wildest accordion down since Tom Waits. We have one more day of recording and then Ted's off to mix it and then it's a waiting game until September when it comes out.
Here we go!

this is either going to be a weird rag-bag of stuff, or, I hope, the album of the decade drunken

oh, and in one of the photos posted on Facebook it looks like Alex R. dropped in as well (I wonder if he got to play too)
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 7:51 am

steady now steady now wrote:
enola wrote:

update:

Here we go!

this is either going to be a weird rag-bag of stuff, or, I hope, the album of the decade drunken

oh, and in one of the photos posted on Facebook it looks like Alex R. dropped in as well (I wonder if he got to play too)
I wonder if there are any instruments left for him to play Razz
Back to top Go down
carryon820
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 2:38 pm

"this is either going to be a weird rag-bag of stuff, or, I hope, the album of the decade"

This is kind of how I feel. Personally, I'm not really a Tom Wait's fan (I know.....many feel I should be crucified for saying that...but it's true) and part of me can see this album sounding weird with every possible instrument being included.....like some weird gypsy music or something. But, then I try to refer to everything great Brian Fallon has ever been a part of and I like to think this will only surpass what he's already done! Plus, Ted's involved and I'm a huge fan of everything he's a part of. Personally, I hope the album has a sound/influence similar to The National! I'm very excited but not looking forward to the long wait though!
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 6:43 pm

carryon820 wrote:
"this is either going to be a weird rag-bag of stuff, or, I hope, the album of the decade"

This is kind of how I feel. Personally, I'm not really a Tom Wait's fan (I know.....many feel I should be crucified for saying that...but it's true) and part of me can see this album sounding weird with every possible instrument being included.....like some weird gypsy music or something. But, then I try to refer to everything great Brian Fallon has ever been a part of and I like to think this will only surpass what he's already done! Plus, Ted's involved and I'm a huge fan of everything he's a part of. Personally, I hope the album has a sound/influence similar to The National! I'm very excited but not looking forward to the long wait though!
My thoughts precisely. It's gonna be pretty damn weird probably, but I have no reason whatsoever to doubt any release that Brian will ever be involved in.
Back to top Go down
Grant Michael
A Contender
A Contender
Grant Michael

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 3:51 am

enola wrote:
Here we go!

The Parkington Sisters are awesome. They were the first opening band for the Dropkick Murphys on their St. Patrick's Day tour and they backed the Murphs on some songs during the headlining set. They're playing a free show in Chicago on Thursday, I'm going to be checking that out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 1:39 am

new update

Quote :
STUDIO UPDATE: 8 THE HORRIBLE CROWES

We finally finished up after about seventeen days of recording for the record. It's scheduled to be released on September 6th on Side One Dummy records. We've got 12 songs, and we're all very excited to have been able to do this record. Thanks to everyone who helped and who's watching!
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 1:54 am

beyond stoked!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 6:56 am

I am really pleased that this will be released by SideOneDummy (which wasn't inevitable), as those guys will put some real effort into the release.
Back to top Go down
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 11:33 am

Anyone concerned that this lessens Brian's interest in Gaslight? Or decreases his creativity for gaslight future music? I can only figure that having two outlets now that one is going to be compromised somewhat. It's probably impossible not to. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to hear this, but will it affect Gaslight's next CD? I can't be the only one who expresses any reservations about him stepping out, right?
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 11:43 am

"Anyone concerned that this lessens Brian's interest in Gaslight? Or decreases his creativity for gaslight future music? I can only figure that having two outlets now that one is going to be compromised somewhat. It's probably impossible not to. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to hear this, but will it affect Gaslight's next CD? I can't be the only one who expresses any reservations about him stepping out, right?"

-------

In all honesty, I think that Brian is just trying to do something new outside of Gaslight. He said when he was first starting the project that Gaslight was still, literally, his baby, but to do the style that he is doing on the Crowes record can't really be done through what is channeled by Gaslight music. Brian talks about so many bands on the interviews posted online, so I totally understand him wanting to at least try a separate style for once, but I think that if this changed Gaslight at all, he would just want to try and make the records bigger, not necessarily just drastically change the sound, but to just put more and more heart into writing and composing the songs. The style has obviously changed somewhat over the SoS, 59, and American Slang, but I think he intends on keeping Gaslight as the same four guys playing the four instruments, and little more than that.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 12:08 pm

Reinvent good times wrote:
Anyone concerned that this lessens Brian's interest in Gaslight? Or decreases his creativity for gaslight future music? I can only figure that having two outlets now that one is going to be compromised somewhat. It's probably impossible not to. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to hear this, but will it affect Gaslight's next CD? I can't be the only one who expresses any reservations about him stepping out, right?

Considering Brian has been quoted saying something along the lines of "Ian knows I love the guys (Alex, Alex and Benny) more than him" I wouldn't be worried. Lots of artists manage to do side projects without distracting from their main band.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 12:20 pm

Yea I agree with everyone. The sounds of Crowes and TGA are pretty different from what we've witnessed and read. Plus the boys from TGA came to help out a little in the recording process.

and so glad it's early september and not late! Perfect record for starting college! haha
Back to top Go down
kuruptlon
A Contender
A Contender
kuruptlon

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 3:19 pm

really excited to hear a release date.
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 5:08 pm

Are you taking the Piss?
Back to top Go down
kuruptlon
A Contender
A Contender
kuruptlon

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 11:43 am

StopAndSlideToTheRight wrote:
Are you taking the Piss?

Me? NO this gives me something to look forward too. Especially in light of the fact that a new Gastlight record is so far off.

I'm curious to hear the sound of this record.
Back to top Go down
gaslightom
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
gaslightom

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 7:34 pm

The Debut Album is called Elsie.
Back to top Go down
joshyboytyler
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
joshyboytyler

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 7:44 pm

http://www.spin.com/articles/gaslights-brian-fallon-radical-side-project

YESSSS!!!!
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 8:04 pm

Quote :
"Radical is a good word to describe the record," says Fallon, who taught himself how to play Hammond organ and piano for some of the tracks. "It's definitely out there. There are song structures, but it's not what you expect from me at all. Someone's either going to get pregnant or want to steal a car listening to this record."

Fallon's new tunes could be his darkest yet, and his lyrics explore the pain and heartbreak brought on by three intense relationships he had as a teenager. "All these relationships I thought, 'Man, I'm going to spend the rest of my life with this person, and then one day they just up and leave," says Fallon, adding that one song deals with how he overcame his depression after meeting his current wife. "I played these songs for her and she just got to hear me totally lose my mind. It was cathartic to revisit that past, in a weird way."

Fallon and Perkins have laid down 15 tracks — some featuring Gaslight members Alex Rosamilia and Benny Horowitz — which will get whittled down to a dozen for the final product. The most out-there song is titled "Go Tell Everybody," which Fallon says sounds like Cave covering a Marvin Gaye song. Another cut, titled "Mary Ann," explores Fallon's religious upbringing. "That song would give a kid nightmares for months," he says. "It's all about the end of the world."

I love all of those quote from Brian. Even more excited for this now =D

We're around the 100 day mark. Not *too* long now =D
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 8:24 pm

Someone is either going to get pregnant or steal a car while listening to this album.[quote]

Is it just me or does Brian come up with the wittiest ways to describe this album? HAHA! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 2:50 am

Ooohh ... so much new information. I'm beyond excited. The way Brian describes the album makes me sooooo curious to finally hear it. I'm particulary looking forward to "Go Tell Everybody". That sounds like a song I'm going to love.

Quote :
The most out-there song is titled "Go Tell Everybody," which Fallon says sounds like Cave covering a Marvin Gaye song. Another cut, titled "Mary Ann," explores Fallon's religious upbringing. "That song would give a kid nightmares for months," he says. "It's all about the end of the world."
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 4:49 am

Glad to know we have an album title at last, and a few song titles, though I've never really cared too much about all the "sounds like" business. It's largely a Brian Fallon record, and that's good enough for me.
Back to top Go down
Turn the Casanova On
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Turn the Casanova On

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 12:57 pm

Oh boy, this is coming out on my birthday. What a lovely present!
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 1:29 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
Glad to know we have an album title at last, and a few song titles, though I've never really cared too much about all the "sounds like" business. It's largely a Brian Fallon record, and that's good enough for me.

But you have to admit that "Cave covering Marvin Gaye" at least makes you curious Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next