DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]

Go down 
+48
gaslightom
kuruptlon
Kosburn59
Grant Michael
ThisMachineKillsFascists
Kobelev
LuceroDiehard
Templeton
nebraska
Ghost To Coast
CokaCola1988
Gaslight23
Prisoner
RobertODonnell
carryon820
loazis
mercyandaminute
brucesboots
The Boxer
acousticbandit
mingus
Shrewsbury_Stars
vamike
Sinngh
plugga
theBasemen
Silver
Reinvent good times
enola
bobbyjames
Christophe
Vibes
Daire
StopAndSlideToTheRight
Zeebs07
amberfoyd
NeverTrustAJunkie
Down by the Mersey
IFeelBlue
Bea
Jay
simo
CluckyB
IKeeptheDiner
fullcollapse
JJW319
Holland
steady now steady now
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 7:16 pm

hah aalways thought the 'glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife' in SATQ was kind of awkard
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 2:54 am

steady now steady now wrote:
aside from barely being able to wait for this album, I can't wait to see who first gets that logo tattooed on her hand

I am surprised Brian isn't posting this stuff on the Horrible Crowes' own blog ... maybe he forgot the password Wink

As soon as I saw that image the other night I IMMEDIATELY regretted my promise to never get ink anywhere that can't be covered. I've fully accepted the fact that I will likely have full sleeves one day, but despite my absolute love for hand tattoos, I can't do it.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 8:36 pm

From Brian's twitter:

Quote :
We're planning for a September release with a single out before then. We'll fill you in when the "t's" are crossed and the "i's" dotted.

Kinda glad they are shooting to get it out before the revival tour. Still super jealous of you European getting to *hear* Brian play Crowes stuff, but at least you don't get to hear it before the rest of us =P

Four months to go!
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 1:58 am

new studio update on the cassettes blog

Organ Grinders...
STUDIO UPDATE 3: The Horrible Crowes
Well, we're moving along. Today was Friday the 13th... Anyway... Today we did a TON of stuff. We laid down about five vocals, more guitars, and knocked out the last of the old Hammond B-3, which is an amazing instrument, and I've found myself pretty attached to it, which I'm sure will end up on the next Gaslight record, which we plan to start writing as soon as I'm done with the Crowes record. Onward and upward... about a week left!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 5:40 am

With every update it just makes me that little bit more excited, I can't wait for this record!
Back to top Go down
carryon820
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 1:11 pm

I'm totally excited for this record......but I was hoping for it to be released sooner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 8:53 pm

new update
http://cassettesinthemailbox.blogspot.com/2011/05/sympathy.html

Quote :
STUDIO UPDATE 4: THE HORRIBLE CROWES

We're completely in overdrive mode now, all the basic tracks are done, all the vocals are done, I can't believe we got it all in there so quick... we've been in the studio for less than two weeks. Right now Ian's in there working up his guitar parts, slides, delays, tremolos...and one mighty red ES-335. We're also going to be moving studios on Monday to do the final overdubs, backing vocals, and noises... bottles, breaking glass, the ocean, slamming car doors... that sort of thing. Expect everything.

Back to top Go down
CokaCola1988
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 10:21 pm

I'm just proud hes drinking a Coca-Cola with that piano
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 5:44 pm

CluckyB wrote:
From Brian's twitter:

Quote :
We're planning for a September release with a single out before then. We'll fill you in when the "t's" are crossed and the "i's" dotted.

Kinda glad they are shooting to get it out before the revival tour. Still super jealous of you European getting to *hear* Brian play Crowes stuff, but at least you don't get to hear it before the rest of us =P

Four months to go!

Chuck Ragan opened for Social D at the Stone Pony last night. At the end of his set, Chuck mentioned that the Revival Tour would be coming stateside. Not a surprise, but nice to hear confirmation.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 6:05 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

Chuck Ragan opened for Social D at the Stone Pony last night. At the end of his set, Chuck mentioned that the Revival Tour would be coming stateside. Not a surprise, but nice to hear confirmation.

This is great news. I've already started "campaigning" for the tour to stop at Mayne Stage in Chicago. Chuck just played there while I was out of town but I caught him in Cincinnati and he said he loved the venue.
Back to top Go down
Ghost To Coast
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Ghost To Coast

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 12:54 pm

A few studio photos on the FB page now, now they're just torturing us

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Horrible-Crowes/156818584370716
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/willrupp
nebraska
A Contender
A Contender
nebraska

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 1:46 pm

I wanna hear it!!!

Last edited by nebraska on Tue May 17, 2011 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 2:07 pm

I'm really loving the logo they came up with for this project. It looks like it could be a sign outside an old school English pub.
Back to top Go down
Templeton
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Templeton

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 5:54 pm

I really hope they'll release some material soon! Even a teaser is enough Smile ! And the new logo is indeed awesome.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 2:46 am

New blog update on Cassettes: And in this Brian made it clear that they won't release any previews or teasers before they put their first single out. But he understands that we're all so very desperate to hear even any snipplet of the material ;o)

STUDIO UPDATE 5:
THE HORRIBLE CROWES

Today we moved into a new studio to complete the final stages of the record.
We had Adele Jensen come in to play trumpet, and it sounds amazing! Like Miles, and Coltrane...
There's some big stuff coming this week, we have strings, Benny's coming to play a HUGE tympani drum, it's out of control. It's coming together in an amazing way, and you're going to be very excited.
We're not releasing any previews, or sample tracks or anything prior to the first official single. The reason is that this CANNOT be heard in any other than it's proper form. We'd be doing a great injustice to release a demo version or anything less than the final product for you to hear. It's been a long wait for all of us, but it's going to be so very, very worth it when you see the artwork with the actual record or cd and play it for the first time. Thank you for your patience and we're very grateful for everyone's interest in what we're doing here, we're so proud of it and we hope you will enjoy it. We sure have had a blast making it so far and we can't wait to put the final touches on it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 2:55 am

I am beyond excited to hear this live!!!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 7:10 am

Brian Fallon wrote:
We're not releasing any previews, or sample tracks or anything prior to the first official single. The reason is that this CANNOT be heard in any other than it's proper form. We'd be doing a great injustice to release a demo version or anything less than the final product for you to hear. It's been a long wait for all of us, but it's going to be so very, very worth it when you see the artwork with the actual record or cd and play it for the first time.

Given what Brian says, I wonder if they will be brave enough NOT to release this as a download.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 7:13 am

steady now steady now wrote:
Brian Fallon wrote:
We're not releasing any previews, or sample tracks or anything prior to the first official single. The reason is that this CANNOT be heard in any other than it's proper form. We'd be doing a great injustice to release a demo version or anything less than the final product for you to hear. It's been a long wait for all of us, but it's going to be so very, very worth it when you see the artwork with the actual record or cd and play it for the first time.

Given what Brian says, I wonder if they will be brave enough NOT to release this as a download.

and hopefully make sure that we europeans buy it at a reasonable price Razz
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 10:55 am

I needed a change of scenery and made some very quick Horrible Crowes wallpapers; I thought I'd share them, though not because I think I am a gift to design (and no sarcastic comments from you, steph!)

1680x1050 @ www.gaslightanthem.org/forum/wallpaper1680x1050.jpg

1280x1024 @ www.gaslightanthem.org/forum/wallpaper1280x1024.jpg

Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 10:17 pm

Brian Fallon (The Horrible Crowes, The Gaslight Anthem) to post daily updates from the studio
Posted by maggie.h on Thursday, May 12, 2011 at 1:35 PM (PST)

The Horrible Crowes, side project of The Gaslight Anthem‘s Brian Fallon and longtime Gaslight guitar tech Ian Perkins, are currently in the studio, working on their upcoming album, and are keeping fans up-to-date throughout the process. Fallon is posting daily updates about the albuim’s progress to his blog, Cassettes In The Mailbox. Check out the blog and studio updates here.

To date, there is no release date or label for the album, but keep checking for more updates! The Gaslight Anthem released “American Slang” last year on SideOneDummy.

http://dyingscene.com/news/brian-fallon-the-horrible-crowes-to-post-daily-updates-from-the-studio/[u]
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 2:14 am

new update

http://cassettesinthemailbox.blogspot.com/2011/05/you-cry-all-night-long-keepin-horses.html
Quote :
Now we're cooking with gas... bullet mics and gospel singing. We went over some vocals and did some retakes of the stuff that was sounding too clean with a Shure Bullet mic, which you normally use for harmonicas, but we use 'em for vocals sometimes 'cause it sounds awesome. We used TONS of Fuzz pedals, and got maybe one of the coolest guitar tones ever with a JMI Rangemaster that Ian bought me last year for my birthday. Benny Horowitz is coming down tomorrow to bang on a big huge drum and to help us stomp and clap.

This record has bunch of twists and turns, some songs sound like the darkest soul music since Black Love by the Afghan Whigs, some of the songs are Tom Waits and Neil Young's band that never was... and there's some stuff to make PJ Harvey proud. The Record carries out like a novel, there's a beginning and and end, a fall from grace and a little salvation. Son of a Preacher Man... and we're shooting for a September release before I hit the road with Chuck on the Revival tour. Almost done...

Tom Waits, Neil Young, Afghan Whings and PJ Harvey combined...Imma love this
Back to top Go down
Kobelev
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Kobelev

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 1:21 pm

So, does anybody know when will the record be released? This summer?
Back to top Go down
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 1:26 pm

Last blogpost says their aiming for a September release. Smile
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 3:20 pm

"The Record carries out like a novel, there's a beginning and and end, a fall from grace and a little salvation"

my favorite update so far. I love albums that are actually albums.

Still have no idea what to expect though. So excited. It seems like it's shaping up to be amazing though.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 5:32 pm

I really don't know what to expect, but last night I dreamed I had the record already and it sounded like Tom Waits meets slow-paced Lucero. And that was pretty DAMN awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next