DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]

Go down 
+48
gaslightom
kuruptlon
Kosburn59
Grant Michael
ThisMachineKillsFascists
Kobelev
LuceroDiehard
Templeton
nebraska
Ghost To Coast
CokaCola1988
Gaslight23
Prisoner
RobertODonnell
carryon820
loazis
mercyandaminute
brucesboots
The Boxer
acousticbandit
mingus
Shrewsbury_Stars
vamike
Sinngh
plugga
theBasemen
Silver
Reinvent good times
enola
bobbyjames
Christophe
Vibes
Daire
StopAndSlideToTheRight
Zeebs07
amberfoyd
NeverTrustAJunkie
Down by the Mersey
IFeelBlue
Bea
Jay
simo
CluckyB
IKeeptheDiner
fullcollapse
JJW319
Holland
steady now steady now
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 5:19 pm

ahahha yes my computer sucks but it worked perfectly with my creative Razz
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 7:33 pm

Im the same way - I need the physical copy. Although I can see where iTunes had an advantage.

Only reason I dont use it is because I dont have an iPod. I have some Insignia player, which is not supported. When I get my iPhone though I will need iTunes...
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 5:32 am

fullcollapse wrote:
steady now steady now wrote:
theBasemen wrote:
New entry:
http://thehorriblecrowes.blogspot.com/

"and then some stuff for Itunes, and Record Store Day, etc."
Itunes? uck!
Record Store Day? fine!

As I have always said, I will never buy something from itunes unless it's an exclusive that's not available anywhere else. I just can't wrap my head around having nothing but digital copies of something. I think, though, if Brian/TGA puts anything up on itunes before a physical release is available, I might cave in and do both. It'd get me some songs early and get them a little extra profit.

my issue is simply with iTunes bonus track, which is what this sounds like

if I've already bought the album on CD and/or vinyl, I don't want to have to buy the whole thing again, to get one or two iTunes only bonus tracks; if the extra tracks are available separately, then fine
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 8:24 am

just fucking download the bonus song somewhere, it's always available somewhere for free. buying the whole album again in some shitty .m4a format or what it's called is just stupid. don't even think twice
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 8:26 am

back from our skiing vacation and I'm sooo excited about all thes terrific news. Although excited doesn't really capture it really. So many touring news *Sigh* Just hope they announce everything in time so that we can make our travel arrangements Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 4:18 am

From the facebook:

Quote :
Never Thought I'd Write Sad Songs in Australia, but here we go... off to do Soundwave with Gaslight and finish the last six Crowes songs while we're there... ten four.

What does ten four mean? Is it time to circle our calendars for October 4th? I really hope we don't have to wait that long. Why can't Brian be like Radiohead and be like "Guess what guys! Horrible Crowes is coming out Saturday!!!!" =P
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 4:25 am

CluckyB wrote:
From the facebook:

Quote :
Never Thought I'd Write Sad Songs in Australia, but here we go... off to do Soundwave with Gaslight and finish the last six Crowes songs while we're there... ten four.

What does ten four mean? Is it time to circle our calendars for October 4th? I really hope we don't have to wait that long. Why can't Brian be like Radiohead and be like "Guess what guys! Horrible Crowes is coming out Saturday!!!!" =P

Well, if it's a date, since they're doing the whole British thing... 10/4 would mean 10th April...

Record Store Day is April 16th, for reference.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 7:07 am

fullcollapse wrote:
CluckyB wrote:
From the facebook:

Quote :

Well, if it's a date, since they're doing the whole British thing... 10/4 would mean 10th April...

Even if its just a minute of a demo for a song they aren't including on the record, if Brian releases some Horrible Crowes material on April 10th it would be the greatest birthday present ever Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 11:44 am

fullcollapse wrote:
CluckyB wrote:
From the facebook:

Quote :

Record Store Day is April 16th, for reference.

"Ten four" is simply a phrase used by CB radio users (such as truckers or police officers) meaning "message received." Brian's not telegraphing some secret code here folks.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 6:18 pm

No one ever saw in a movie...?

"ten four, over and out"
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 6:29 pm

Come on, let us grasp at straws, here! It's been a long and sad winter; I'm going to try to find hidden meaning in a box of spaghetti if I have to Razz
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 6:50 pm

fullcollapse wrote:
Come on, let us grasp at straws, here! It's been a long and sad winter; I'm going to try to find hidden meaning in a box of spaghetti if I have to Razz

Alright, well, I wasn't going to tell anyone this but I will let you all in on some ultra-top secret info.

If you go to the Horrible Crowes blog (http://www.thehorriblecrowes.blogspot.com/) you will notice that there are several framed paintings and an old telephone hung on the wall in the background.

If you rearrange the order of the paintings (and the numbers on the phone) in a certain way, a secret message will be revealed.

The message will reveal: (1) the release date for the Horrible Crowes album (as well as a complete list of stores carrying all of the vinyl variants); (2) the title of the next 3 Gaslight Anthem albums; (3) the themes of Brian's next 4 tattoos; (4) the English language version of what Brian says at the beginning of Old White Lincoln; (5) the pre-sale password for Gaslight Anthem's forthcoming duet with Justin Bieber (this will be an I-Tunes only release).

If after a few hours you haven't quite cracked the code, keep trying, you'll get it eventually.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 6:56 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
fullcollapse wrote:

Alright, well, I wasn't going to tell anyone this but I will let you all in on some ultra-top secret info.

If you go to the Horrible Crowes blog (http://www.thehorriblecrowes.blogspot.com/) you will notice that there are several framed paintings and an old telephone hung on the wall in the background.

If you rearrange the order of the paintings (and the numbers on the phone) in a certain way, a secret message will be revealed.

The message will reveal: (1) the release date for the Horrible Crowes album (as well as a complete list of stores carrying all of the vinyl variants); (2) the title of the next 3 Gaslight Anthem albums; (3) the themes of Brian's next 4 tattoos; (4) the English language version of what Brian says at the beginning of Old White Lincoln; (5) the pre-sale password for Gaslight Anthem's forthcoming duet with Justin Bieber (this will be an I-Tunes only release).

If after a few hours you haven't quite cracked the code, keep trying, you'll get it eventually.

lol Wink
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 8:32 pm

That's the spirit!

haha I love this forum more than anything.
Back to top Go down
IFeelBlue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
IFeelBlue

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 1:03 pm

Ahahahah you're mad, man! Ahahahah
I'm addicted to Dimestoresaints Wink
I've cracked the code and Brian himself is appeared on my screen in a chat saying: "I will tell you who's Maria" Razz
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 5:48 pm

I nearly fell for this, but only up until item 2) Embarassed

great stuff!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 7:27 pm

lmao that is great, I am so desperate I could easily believe this and not regret it.
Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 11:17 am

CluckyB wrote:

Even if its just a minute of a demo for a song they aren't including on the record, if Brian releases some Horrible Crowes material on April 10th it would be the greatest birthday present ever Very Happy

Hey, we share a birthday! 10/4 ftw, a release on that day would be great Very Happy Brian's progress with TGA and The Horrible Crowes is quite exciting, looking forward to everything he's going to be doing!
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 11:04 pm

fullcollapse wrote:
theBasemen wrote:
New entry:

Itunes? uck!
Record Store Day? fine!

As I have always said, I will never buy something from itunes unless it's an exclusive that's not available anywhere else. I just can't wrap my head around having nothing but digital copies of something. I think, though, if Brian/TGA puts anything up on itunes before a physical release is available, I might cave in and do both. It'd get me some songs early and get them a little extra profit.

if I've already bought the album on CD and/or vinyl, I don't want to have to buy the whole thing again, to get one or two iTunes only bonus tracks; if the extra tracks are available separately, then fine

don't remember what interview it was, but i do remember an interview with brian and alex where they talked about being psyched that they made she loves you a track that you could buy separately from the entire american slang album, so i don't think they would do something like this.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 11:35 pm

That hasn't seemed to be a problem with releases lately...the Fake Problems iTunes bonus track was available individually as well. In that case I have no problem paying $1 for a song I don't have.
Back to top Go down
amberfoyd
A Contender
A Contender
amberfoyd

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 5:22 am

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
fullcollapse wrote:

can this be true??
Back to top Go down
http://www.twiter.com/amberfoyd
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 7:00 am

yep, it's true.
Back to top Go down
The Boxer
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 9:20 pm

acousticbandit wrote:
fullcollapse wrote:
theBasemen wrote:
New entry:

Itunes? uck!
Record Store Day? fine!

don't remember what interview it was, but i do remember an interview with brian and alex where they talked about being psyched that they made she loves you a track that you could buy separately from the entire american slang album, so i don't think they would do something like this.

The JBTV online set, after Boxer an before She Loves You
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 8:33 am

Record store day 16th april, DOA ! Its the day I go on holiday for 2 weeks, anybody in the UK gonna get to a record store that day, who can help me out, be glad to send money up front if they can get me a copy aswell.
Back to top Go down
The Boxer
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 9:12 pm

List of supporting stores? Could help you out bruce dependant on travel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next