DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fake Problems

Go down 
+45
Daire
BlindPaintedSky
barkjon
bringiton_ty
Jack
steph
A_Regular
holdsteady82
saltandburn1967
dss
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Labhras
holdonnow
Holland
Jerseyrain
DeathoftheCool
TGAFAN25
stephendgaf
Kosburn59
Gaslight23
loazis
plugga
drifter69
amberfoyd
PFREEZY
verbos
colmillionaire
CluckyB
sydney_carden
fullcollapse
clashcityrocker
GraveRobbers
Rock bus
JJW319
tdawg
steady now steady now
carryon820
Vibes
DavyGrolton
MKULTRA
Johnny99
JoshRaymond
crpjack
simo
Jaywalk
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage

Fake Problems - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 11:26 pm

Labhras wrote:
i am currently in process of discovering this band thanks to your cover!

Right on, man! They're excellent.

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Whoa, that's so cool, Sarah! I actually like your cover better than their original. Very Happy

I know right?! And thank you so much, Shannon!
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 5:22 pm

I recently heard the entire Real Ghosts Caught on Tape album and loved the entire thing. I went onto their website and bought that album and a baseball style shirt they had on there.( I have been looking for baseball shirts and can never find them) I like to buy stuff off band's website cause I think they get more money out of it. Well, I was just wondering if the other two albums are worth it. Do they sound similar or are they a band who likes to try new things every album?????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 8:56 pm

It's Great to Be Alive is fucking awesome

its like a party record....one of those albums that sounds like they had a lot of fun making it.
Back to top Go down
holdsteady82
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 12:18 am

saltandburn1967 wrote:
I recently heard the entire Real Ghosts Caught on Tape album and loved the entire thing. I went onto their website and bought that album and a baseball style shirt they had on there.( I have been looking for baseball shirts and can never find them) I like to buy stuff off band's website cause I think they get more money out of it. Well, I was just wondering if the other two albums are worth it. Do they sound similar or are they a band who likes to try new things every album?????

If just being introduced to Fake Problems' music, I personally think you started off with the right album. "Real Ghosts Caught on Tape" is a great album and is my personal favorite from the band. Although, I have to admit, while I absolutely love the album, I haven't listened to it for a while. I think I enjoyed it so much, I likely over-played it when it first came out, to the point where I am now really ready for a new Fake Problems album.

To answer your question though, it appears that Fake Problems is a band who likes to evolve, as in my opinion, every album is different sounding than the next. I know some people who really dislike the first album ("How far our bodies go"), but love the latest release (Real ghosts....) and vice versa, some of the older fans really love the first album but not the most recent stuff. To me, it seems like "It's great to be alive" (the 2nd album) is kind of like "middle ground"; it's different than the 1st and 3rd album, but not as drastic. When I recommend fans to FP, I usually suggest starting with the newest album and work backwards. I personally started the other way, hearing the first album around 2008 or so (and only liking it a little bit), then giving "It's great to be alive" a try upon it's release in 2009 (and I liked it more and is probably the album that started to turn me into a fan) and I purchased "Real ghosts....." as soon as it was released, loving that album! Have fun with them....they're a great/fun band!
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 2:02 am

I love it's great to be alive!! It has really interesting sounds and instrumentation, and it plays out like a music battle between God and the Devil, with all these topsy turvy musical twists and turns that really take you by surprise the first few listens. And the songs are lovely and relateable and there's fast ones and slow ones, and it's about as insane and energetic as this post.
It's kind of like the sound of a young person coming to reckon with the world and all its cosmic forces. I listened to it for the first time while jogging through the red rocks of Zion National Park, Utah, so I have a strong connection to this album in that way. Enjoy fakey p's, friend! Hug
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 2:53 am

I like all three in their own regards. Also the EPs have some of their best stuff too. Not sure if Its Great to Be Alive or Real Ghosts is my favorite though. So many good songs on each of these.

Also as much as I like them, I still feel like we're waiting for them to make 'that record' -- their 59 Sound or Love Ire & Song that is just nearly flawless and will define them as a band. Chris is still young, really hoping they stick around long enough so that we can see him further improve as a song writer.
Back to top Go down
holdsteady82
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:32 pm

CluckyB wrote:
I like all three in their own regards. Also the EPs have some of their best stuff too. Not sure if Its Great to Be Alive or Real Ghosts is my favorite though. So many good songs on each of these.

Also as much as I like them, I still feel like we're waiting for them to make 'that record' -- their 59 Sound or Love Ire & Song that is just nearly flawless and will define them as a band. Chris is still young, really hoping they stick around long enough so that we can see him further improve as a song writer.

I agree with that. As good as their last 2 albums were, I get the feeling (or at least I did) that FP are a band on the rise.......progressing & improving. It's cool when a band gets better with each album & in my opinion, FP has done just that, up to this point. I see their 1st album being a 6.5 or 7, their 2nd album as an 8, and their most recent album a 8.5 or 9. Hopefully they keep improving!

Although, my concern (and maybe someone can clear this up) has to do with the departure of guitarist Casey Lee. He seemed to represent a big part of the band and their sound. I'm curious as to how this change will impact the band (positive or negative). Maybe I've been in a cave, but it seems like FP has been silent lately & that band news has been non-existent the last 3-6 months. I remember them reporting a temporary replacement for Casey to help with tours/shows, but does anyone know if they've found a full time replacement? If not, hopefully they do soon. I know they were working on a new album months ago but haven't heard anything about how it's coming along.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 11:00 pm

holdsteady82 wrote:

Although, my concern (and maybe someone can clear this up) has to do with the departure of guitarist Casey Lee. He seemed to represent a big part of the band and their sound. I'm curious as to how this change will impact the band (positive or negative). Maybe I've been in a cave, but it seems like FP has been silent lately & that band news has been non-existent the last 3-6 months. I remember them reporting a temporary replacement for Casey to help with tours/shows, but does anyone know if they've found a full time replacement? If not, hopefully they do soon. I know they were working on a new album months ago but haven't heard anything about how it's coming along.

I saw FP back in April on their most recent tour and Chris told me that they were going to lay low for the summer and write new songs and they don't want to tour again until they have a new record complete.

As for Casey, from what I was told, he left because he didn't want to tour anymore and also cause he got engaged.

From what I remember about the guitarist Brian, he is good and pretty young ). Some of the songs sounded different, part of it is the backing vocals and part of it is the way he plays. Chris told me that they haven't decided if they would record with him or not.
and since they haven't announced anything about him yet, I'm going to assume that he is still considered a 'temp' member.

This was what I was told back in April when I saw em on tour with Say Anything.

What I wanna know is what's going on with their label situation...I know they are no longer on SideOne so I'm assuming they will record the new album and maybe shop it around? (That's how they landed on SideOne in the first place)
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 11:02 pm

I bet they sign on to Total Treble. Just found a bunch of FP bumper stickers in my room the other day, Chris gave them to me when I asked for a hug when we ran into him before a show a few years ago ^____^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 11:04 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if they did sign with Total Treble...some of the early FP stuff was released by Against Me's manager Jordan.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 11:07 pm

Their split with ninja gun on sabot couldn't have been wicked long ago
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 11:14 pm

There were touring up until a couple months ago - definitely haven't been in a cave.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 12:07 am

Derek Perry is in a new band called 'Great Neck'

demos floating around the interwebs.

it's punx as shit
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 1:17 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:

it's punx as shit

isn't everything Derek does not punx as shit? Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 6:11 am

CluckyB wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

it's punx as shit

thats true but Great Neck straight up sounds like a punk band.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 3:16 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
CluckyB wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

it's punx as shit

thats true but Great Neck straight up sounds like a punk band.

yinz should send it to me so I can see just how punx it really is.

any idea who else is doing it with him? Or is it another solo thing...
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 3:52 pm

It sounds like him singing but I am not 100% sure. Sounds like there might be someone else singing too. But it definitely sounds like a full band.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 10:29 pm

http://greatestneck.bandcamp.com/

Quote :
With a nod to the self-effacing, Great Neck is providing a fresh breath of tonal excellence in the vein of iconic punk and indie styling’s birthed by the aggressive nature of The Get Up Kids, The Strokes, Noah's Apathy, and Desaparacidos. Elements of emotional noise are fused with the lambasting sensibilities correlating to the fleeting nature of victory and the impregnable linger of defeat. Comprised with members of iconic Neapolitan bands Fake Problems & Film With Color, Great Neck’s Derek Perry, Lonnie Dillinger, Casey Lee, & Jeb Barrows are sure to raise their heads high in continued legendary distinction.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 11:05 pm

Interesting that Casey Lee is in this. Wonder what their plans are.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 11:42 pm

I mean, it wasn't like Casey was sick of playing music he just didn't want to keep touring, right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 12:01 am

yeah he didn't wanna tour. so I doubt this 'project' will go anywhere outside of florida
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 12:06 am

That's what I was thinking. I like the music though. It'd be cool if they make some better recordings.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 1:07 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:
yeah he didn't wanna tour. so I doubt this 'project' will go anywhere outside of florida

Now you got my hopes up for a a secret show at fest =P
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 6:34 pm

just recently downloaded Songs for Teenagers (the song) and i really like it...any recs? all their stuff?
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 6:36 pm

Heart BPM is also a great song!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fake Problems
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next