DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fake Problems

Go down 
+45
Daire
BlindPaintedSky
barkjon
bringiton_ty
Jack
steph
A_Regular
holdsteady82
saltandburn1967
dss
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Labhras
holdonnow
Holland
Jerseyrain
DeathoftheCool
TGAFAN25
stephendgaf
Kosburn59
Gaslight23
loazis
plugga
drifter69
amberfoyd
PFREEZY
verbos
colmillionaire
CluckyB
sydney_carden
fullcollapse
clashcityrocker
GraveRobbers
Rock bus
JJW319
tdawg
steady now steady now
carryon820
Vibes
DavyGrolton
MKULTRA
Johnny99
JoshRaymond
crpjack
simo
Jaywalk
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Fake Problems - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 6:49 pm

steph wrote:

just recently downloaded Songs for Teenagers (the song) and i really like it...any recs? all their stuff?

Pretty much, though I'd start with their most recent stuff and work backwards. The more songs for teenagery stuff are on the last album though (with a few similar songs like heart BPM off Its Great To Be Alive).

Its all good though and they should have a new album coming out soonish wish should be fantastic bounce
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 6:55 pm

sweet, thanks guys, i'll check 'em out Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 4:05 am

this band rulezzz.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 5:19 am

are there any new videos of new songs?
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 11:08 pm

NEW FAKEY PS SONG: http://fakeproblems.tumblr.com/post/35587088599/great-video-by-light-noise-featuring-a-brand-new

Fairly sure this is the song they played at fest too. The bridge sounded familiar.

But regardless, its awesome

"Sing along with real conviction,
to the words you wish you wrote.
I have faith in non-existence,
it’s comforting to know I’ll always be kind of depressed
because I’m the best."

Those are like the most Chris Farrenest lyrics ever.

Will have to give it some more listens / hear the studio version before I declare this better than the likes of Songs for Teenagers or Heart BPM but its certainly one of their better songs and I can't wait for the new album now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 11:39 pm

Really, really looking forward to their new album!
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 11:52 pm

it seems like their new album will be more aggressive and epic based on the acoustic tunes. Very Happy have they recorded yet?
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 4:41 pm

another new song: http://www.ryanrussell.net/nervousenergies/ne_weekly.html

Another great tune. Really really stoked for the new album. From the first two songs we've heard I think it could wind up being something really special.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 6:30 am

I'm really looking forward to this new album. should be interesting to see how they sound on the record as a 3 piece.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 11:40 am

I was assuming the new guy was going to be on the record too. Have you heard otherwise?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 4:55 pm

I read somewhere (maybe punknews interview with Chris) that they were going to record as a three piece cause they don't wanna change the chemistry between Chris-Derek-Sean.

if I find the link to where I exactly read it, I'll post it.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 6:00 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
I read somewhere (maybe punknews interview with Chris) that they were going to record as a three piece cause they don't wanna change the chemistry between Chris-Derek-Sean.

if I find the link to where I exactly read it, I'll post it.

From the punknews interview "We are functioning as a three-piece for now, with Brian on guitar for live stuff. We've written a few songs with him and it's going well, but it's too soon to call him an official member. Derek, Sean and I have been playing together for 8 years (Derek and I for close to 10, actually) so we're very protective of our dynamic."

I think that leaves it a little unclear if it means "Brian is not going to be on the record" "Brian will be on some songs" or "Brian will be on most of the songs, just still isn't an official member of the band (like Ian with Gaslight)".

Either way, new album is gonna be good. They need to hurry up, get signed, and record this bad boy Smile
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 6:26 pm

[quote="CluckyB"]
oldgospelchoir wrote:

Either way, new album is gonna be good. They need to hurry up, get signed, and record this bad boy Smile

Are they no longer with Side One Dummy?!?
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 6:57 pm

[quote="rkirkpatrick25"]
CluckyB wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

Are they no longer with Side One Dummy?!?

Yeah they dropped off. I think there was a bunch of drama over the last album. To paraphrase Chris "Side One Dummy has great people, they just aren't the right label for Fake Problems"
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 8:17 pm

I'd bet they record it first and then shop it around, rather than vice versa.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 10:08 pm

simo wrote:

Doesn't it cost money to record? Unless Derek produces it and they do it on the cheap I would think they'll need a contract first.

(of course, this would let them say "ALL SONGS WRITTEN BY CHRIS FARREN PRODUCED BY DEREK PERRY AND AKWARDLY FONDLED BY SEAN BER STEVENSON" bounce )
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 1:51 am

That's true. But plenty of bands even go so far as self-releasing things. And I'm sure they have friends that can save them money.

But obviously I don't care what they do as long as they release the record.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 4:00 am

CluckyB wrote:
simo wrote:

Doesn't it cost money to record? Unless Derek produces it and they do it on the cheap I would think they'll need a contract first.

(of course, this would let them say "ALL SONGS WRITTEN BY CHRIS FARREN PRODUCED BY DEREK PERRY AND AKWARDLY FONDLED BY SEAN BER STEVENSON" bounce )

they recorded "its great to be alive' on their own and then shopped it around.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 4:39 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:
CluckyB wrote:
simo wrote:

they recorded "its great to be alive' on their own and then shopped it around.

Hrm, okay then. I guess we'll wait and see what happens. Regardless I Can't imagine they'll have any trouble finding a label that wants them. Hopefully they'll take the time to find the right fit this time around.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 8:35 pm

New song?

http://lame-orecords.bandcamp.com/album/the-big-comp

The FP song on that comp is called "Knockin'". I've never heard it before, doesn't sound like a cover, none of the lyrics appear on google and it isn't listed on their last.fm page.

But like, no buzz from the band about it. Maybe they didn't realize it went up today? Maybe one of the labels stuck it on there and forgot to tell them? Maybe its mislabeled?

Regardless, its a stellar track. Like an even bouncier version of Soulless. If this is a sign of things to come I'm really pumped.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 9:31 pm

Chris tweeted about it a few minutes ago. It's a cool song.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 9:52 pm

Wow, this song and the split EP songs are all sounding great
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 10:12 pm

Honestly wasn't blown away by the split songs. Neither were bad, they were just far from their best stuff IMO. But I really like the new song.

The "previously unreleased" (rather than "new") description, coupled with the song's general feel and content makes me think its actually a real ghosts b-side. Someone should kidnap Chris and get him to confirm.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 1:02 am

I didn't really like the split. It wasn't bad. I just don't ever listen to it.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 2:13 am

I thought the split songs were the best songs they have done to date. I listen to the you blew it side a lot more though. Stoked on that fakey p's tour with Menzingers, captain we're sinking, and restorations.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fake Problems
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next