DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)

Go down 
+8
patches for holes
drifter69
Luca Chinaski
azlisa
rivercities
MCStevepants
verbos
simo
12 posters
AuthorMessage

TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)  Empty
PostSubject: TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)    TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 6:19 pm

Here's the link fellas along with a download option:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/weve-got-an-exclusive-gaslight-anthem-track-for-yo,45497/
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)    TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 6:22 pm

Yeah this is awesome.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)    TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 6:32 pm

The lyric changes are cool too.
Back to top Go down
verbos
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
verbos

PostSubject: Re: TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)    TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 6:55 pm

I read the AV Club multiple times a day and nearly shat myself when I just went on and saw this.
Back to top Go down
MCStevepants
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MCStevepants

PostSubject: Fake Problems cover song up on AVCLUB   TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 9:06 pm

First of all, the new Fake Problems album is incredible and any TGA fan should pick it up.

Second of all, this cover is amazing.
Back to top Go down
rivercities
A Contender
A Contender
rivercities

PostSubject: Re: TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)    TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 10:07 pm

i was reading some of the comments on the video...not many people like gaslight on there actually they hate them haha
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)    TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 11:30 pm

No need to rip it...just right-click the download link and do a Save As.
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)    TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 11:30 pm

I just heard it! It's unfortunate that people have to be such assholes in the replies. it's like why bother clicking on the article if you're just going to bash the band? i hate pretentious music snobs.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
Luca Chinaski
A Contender
A Contender
Luca Chinaski

PostSubject: Re: TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)    TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 3:05 am

Awesome cover.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pearljamonline.it/
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

PostSubject: Re: TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)    TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 4:48 am

freaking awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
patches for holes
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)    TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 10:24 am

Awesome! Now just need the tab!!
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)    TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 6:40 pm

If you've got a mac is there any way to save the file? I'm sorry I'm computer retarded
Back to top Go down
rivercities
A Contender
A Contender
rivercities

PostSubject: Re: TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)    TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 7:02 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
If you've got a mac is there any way to save the file? I'm sorry I'm computer retarded

you can right click the link the website and a tab that says "open with itunes" should come up just click that and the song should go right to your itunes.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)    TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 7:06 pm

Thanks a lot! That worked!
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)    TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 9:02 pm

Sorry for the ancient bump, but I finally listened to this again after it somehow never made it way into my itunes catalog.

Whats with the "Wanted to be famous but ended up in Naples?" Seems like the kind of thing Chris Farren might do as a joke during the song once, but an odd thing to put into a cover. (The proper line is "Wanted to be famous but ended up nameless") It makes me rage a little because the original lyrics are so incredibly good, but then he makes up for it with the soul he puts into the rest of the song.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)    TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 9:25 pm

CluckyB wrote:
Sorry for the ancient bump, but I finally listened to this again after it somehow never made it way into my itunes catalog.

Whats with the "Wanted to be famous but ended up in Naples?" Seems like the kind of thing Chris Farren might do as a joke during the song once, but an odd thing to put into a cover. (The proper line is "Wanted to be famous but ended up nameless") It makes me rage a little because the original lyrics are so incredibly good, but then he makes up for it with the soul he puts into the rest of the song.

Fake Problems are from Naples, FL....that could be the reason.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)    TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:29 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
CluckyB wrote:

Fake Problems are from Naples, FL....that could be the reason.

But like, was it a joke, was it a previous version of the song or did Brian pull a Bruce and get the words wrong Razz
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)    TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 12:19 am

I think Brian was having fun. Other lyric changes in the cover:

"I vaguely recall being alone" to "I vaguely recall waking up alone."

"I spent every last dime in a stranger's trunk" to "I spent every last dime in the backseat of a stranger's trunk (or maybe truck??)"

Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)    TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 12:25 am

Funny sidenote: the kid next to me at the Fake Problems show I went to was totally singing the Gaslight lyrics.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)    TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 12:27 am

simo wrote:
I think Brian was having fun. Other lyric changes in the cover:

"I vaguely recall being alone" to "I vaguely recall waking up alone."

"I spent every last dime in a stranger's trunk" to "I spent every last dime in the backseat of a stranger's trunk (or maybe truck??)"

Also "looking for love in all the wrong places" vs the original "looking for drugs in all the wrong places". But none of them were as odd as the namless -> Napels
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)    TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 8:46 pm

thought this would be on that new Australian tour version of American Slang....but instead we're stuck with a low-quality mp3...oh well, better than nothing!
Back to top Go down
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

PostSubject: Re: TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)    TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)  Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 10:57 am

Gotta admit, never heard this song until TGA or Brian covered it, and I can't get enough of it. Great, great song. Be interested to hear if there are others, like me, who are late to the party on this song. I love it.
Back to top Go down
EveryLittleSecret
A Contender
A Contender
EveryLittleSecret

PostSubject: Re: TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)    TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)  Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 2:22 am

great cover!
Back to top Go down

TGA covers "Songs For Teenagers" (official audio download)
Page 1 of 1