DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fake Problems

Go down 
+45
Daire
BlindPaintedSky
barkjon
bringiton_ty
Jack
steph
A_Regular
holdsteady82
saltandburn1967
dss
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Labhras
holdonnow
Holland
Jerseyrain
DeathoftheCool
TGAFAN25
stephendgaf
Kosburn59
Gaslight23
loazis
plugga
drifter69
amberfoyd
PFREEZY
verbos
colmillionaire
CluckyB
sydney_carden
fullcollapse
clashcityrocker
GraveRobbers
Rock bus
JJW319
tdawg
steady now steady now
carryon820
Vibes
DavyGrolton
MKULTRA
Johnny99
JoshRaymond
crpjack
simo
Jaywalk
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

Fake Problems - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 12:38 am

real bummer casey left the band, cool dude and fantastic guitar player.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 3:22 am

seeing these guys for the fifth time on saturday. Stoked!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 3:22 pm

Fake Problems got a 30 minute set opening up for Say Anything. I think it was a total of six songs. The band has definitely gotten better live (Derek has some new moves) since the last time I saw em during their headline tour. As for the new guitarist Brian, he is good and pretty young (only a year older than me). Some of the songs sound different, part of it is the backing vocals and part of it is the way he plays. The two songs that sound differently that I can remember are Soulless and There Are Time. The latter sound more of a rock song than a slow song.

Pretty Slick night overall.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 3:28 pm

woah he's as old as me? so curious about the new guy.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 3:42 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
Fake Problems got a 30 minute set opening up for Say Anything. I think it was a total of six songs. The band has definitely gotten better live (Derek has some new moves) since the last time I saw em during their headline tour. As for the new guitarist Brian, he is good and pretty young (only a year older than me). Some of the songs sound different, part of it is the backing vocals and part of it is the way he plays. The two songs that sound differently that I can remember are Soulless and There Are Time. The latter sound more of a rock song than a slow song.

Pretty Slick night overall.

Sucks they only get six songs. Why can't they switch places with Say Anything Razz
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 5:37 pm

Did the Front Bottoms play?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 6:36 pm

simo wrote:
Did the Front Bottoms play?

yeah they were the first band to go on. they were good...really enjoyed watching the drummer kill it. gotta listen to their album more.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 8:21 pm

They're a great band. I'd really like to see them.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 4:44 am

Front Bottoms was really good. Shame for everyone else they are dropping off the tour

Fake Problems set was great. Too short, but still great. Highlight was when they played Heart BPM for a couple who had apparently just gotten engaged. They were standing right next to me and I got to watch 'em dance together as Chris sang the song looking at them pretty much the whole time with this big smile on his face. It was really touching.

Also he dedicated There Are Times to Kevin Devine. I think there might be a love triangle between Chris Kevin and Matt (or maybe the other one, or both) from the Front Bottoms. =D

Talked to Chris afterwards without realizing it was Chris somehow. I was waiting for the crowd to clear out to get merch and he commented on my frank turner shirt and how he was the best and I was like "Eh, I'd probably put him right behind Gaslight" and Chris agreed and then I was like "but Fake Problems are probably top 5, certainly top ten" and then a bit later I realized it was Chris and thought to myself "wow I'm a dumbass" Really donno why I didn't notice him at first. Guess it was just that post concert haze/he approached me about my shirt so I wasn't internalizing "oh this is Chris" when I started the conversation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 4:34 pm

new interview

http://propertyofzack.com/post/22393224715/propertyofzack-interview-fake-problems

Quote :
Will the record be with SideOne?
No. We are not on SideOne anymore. We amicably parted ways.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 4:45 pm

Doesn't surprise me that much. Didn't they have some issues with S1D over their last album?

S1D really needs to stop losing their good bands though. That leaves them with what, Big D, Broadway Calls and Title Fight?
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 4:48 pm

And Chuck Ragan right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 4:50 pm

CluckyB wrote:
Doesn't surprise me that much. Didn't they have some issues with S1D over their last album?

yes Side One didn't like the initial demos for real ghosts and so the band was forced to write and demo more songs which caused them to cancel a European tour....and then in the end after writing like 60 songs, they only ended up using the initial demos for the record.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 4:51 pm

Weird. Didn't know that. I didn't realize that smaller labels had that much control of what went on the record.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 5:20 pm

simo wrote:
And Chuck Ragan right?

Oh yeah. Somehow forgot about Ragan and THC. Razz

Still have lost a lot of good bands over the last couple of years...
Back to top Go down
holdonnow
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 5:59 pm

That is weird! I didn't hear the demos but I will say that I believe Real Ghosts.... to be there best work without a doubt! For them not to like it is surprising.....unless the demos were way different, which I doubt. Plus, like someone above said, I didn't realize SOD would have that much say over song selections either......must of been a weird contract......unless indie labels have way more control than I realize.

At this point, SOD lost their greatness. The only other artist on SOD that I prefer to listen to is Chuck Ragan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 6:16 pm

well lets face it....Gaslight was their money maker so maybe they gave them more freedom and all...

Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 7:26 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
well lets face it....Gaslight was their money maker so maybe they gave them more freedom and all...

Flogging Molly was their money maker Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 12:41 am

So, I sent my cover of Songs For Teenagers to them on facebook a few weeks ago, and didn't expect to get any reply, but I just logged on and got this message!

Fake Problems - Page 7 Fp10

So rad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 12:42 am

thats awesome. Chris Farren rulez
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 12:43 am

Told ya they'd like it. Awesome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 8:39 am

simo wrote:
Told ya they'd like it. Awesome.

Yeah, man! Thanks for suggesting I should send it to them!
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 5:20 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
So, I sent my cover of Songs For Teenagers to them on facebook a few weeks ago, and didn't expect to get any reply, but I just logged on and got this message!

So rad.
i am currently in process of discovering this band thanks to your cover!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 6:29 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:

So rad.

Whoa, that's so cool, Sarah! I actually like your cover better than their original. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dss
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 7:46 pm

this band rules big time.

someone of the nicest people also
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fake Problems   Fake Problems - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fake Problems
Page 7 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next