DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Post your own TGA covers here.

Go down 
+100
HorribleCrowe
Mae
StateOfMind
Hombie
zombietime
Shrewsbury_Stars
stevie_r_jay
gordy1186
Smasha13
michaelphillips
NotLikeWeBleed
xxxje
Tincan Sailor
Stevearm
StitchesOnTheRadio
Anya_TGA
GaslightFan
Halfstepdown
ThereIsAThunder
HolyBreakOfDay
briancarr82
pennywisdom
Italian__Fallon
GuitarMike
33RPMHero
crsmsi
jonester
lostintheflood
Jack
bringiton_ty
thomas94
White Man In Hammersmith
Hanswurst
Vinay
Jables
saltandburn1967
NYYFAN523
ghosttocoast
RandyMachoManCabbage
gking92
Christophe
reflected
MKULTRA
RobG20
Danieljsmith
TGAforLIFE
mirrorenigma
moosicmaniac
I Came To Dance
TheMagnificentDreamer
Camus
eremitapa
steph
w3tt3r
Debonair
The Angry Johnny Revue
Philo
spgilbert
enola
Down by the Mersey
maugrabo
CharlotteGaslight
IrishNameAndAnInjury
DeathoftheCool
ThisMachineKillsFascists
Labhras
JukeboxJuliet
StopAndSlideToTheRight
Prisoner
Ryan
Harbortown
tipolloa
Jerseyrain
JJW319
BockOfLight
plugga
brianisbae
PPQ
No_Direction
Holland
Bea
theBasemen
JimmyB
Kosburn59
Hendrix94
Bornbutforgot
Jessii
Jaywalk
Scott
CoolCalmChris
Little Eden
rivercities
thecosmickid
AngryJohnnyN1930
dlemire
think-or-swim
loazis
Forum Owner
simo
willie56
104 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 1:04 am

Shabam. Hawaii-style and all.

https://youtu.be/CINXCZCV8C0
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 1:14 am

Kosburn59 wrote:

That was so fun! The mandolin sounded great and you have a really nice quality to your voice. Excellent job! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 1:34 pm

Kosburn59 wrote:

Pretty frickin' good for your second day playing!
Also, I like your shirt. One of the best movies ever made.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 1:39 pm

Kosburn59 wrote:

but.. but... I know you from facebook!
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 1:42 pm

Thanks guys. Very Happy And who are you on facebook, Plugga? I'm friends with Steph and Sidney, but not too many others.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 1:44 pm

Kosburn59 wrote:
Thanks guys. Very Happy And who are you on facebook, Plugga? I'm friends with Steph and Sidney, but not too many others.

no no we're not friends but I know you from the andy diamond group haha I am ilaria!
Back to top Go down
No_Direction
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 6:06 pm

Harbortown wrote:
No_Direction wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
There you go, boys and girls.

http://soundcloud.com/johnzackarias/american-slang-the-gaslight

I can't guarantee it's good or anything, but we had fun recording!

Love it Smile, really like your voice man.

And yeah thanks for the positive comments before Smile, bad religion and gaslight anthem are the 2 bands that shaped the last few years of my life. Great stuff.
Thanks man!

Indeed, Bad Religion and The Gaslight Anthem are two of the most influential bands in my life, in different ways. Ever seen 'em live?

Yep, bad religion were the first big band I saw live back when I was 15 or so, was also one of the best. Seen gaslight every time they've come over to the UK as well. Seeing them play in a small venue with only around 60-70 people before they blew up was also one of the best gigs I've been to. Good memories Smile
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 7:35 pm

No_Direction wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
No_Direction wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
There you go, boys and girls.

http://soundcloud.com/johnzackarias/american-slang-the-gaslight

I can't guarantee it's good or anything, but we had fun recording!

Love it Smile, really like your voice man.

And yeah thanks for the positive comments before Smile, bad religion and gaslight anthem are the 2 bands that shaped the last few years of my life. Great stuff.
Thanks man!

Indeed, Bad Religion and The Gaslight Anthem are two of the most influential bands in my life, in different ways. Ever seen 'em live?

Yep, bad religion were the first big band I saw live back when I was 15 or so, was also one of the best. Seen gaslight every time they've come over to the UK as well. Seeing them play in a small venue with only around 60-70 people before they blew up was also one of the best gigs I've been to. Good memories Smile
Ah that's awesome! Yeah I've seen BR two times, the latter show was the best gig I've ever been to.

I saw TGA back in 2009, and that made me a fan. Saw 'em last year too and it was mind blowing. That must've been amazing, seeing them in a small venue like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 9:32 am

Welp, here's my cover of Señor and the Queen.

http://yourlisten.com/channel/content/112658/senor_and_the_queen_cover?rn=ppt01dnj12ww
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 9:32 am

That's awesome, I was about to suggest that song before I went for Bring it on.

Grabbing the popcorn!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 9:33 am

Harbortown wrote:
That's awesome, I was about to suggest that song before I went for Bring it on.
Haha, awesome!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 9:38 am

Nice job, redskynight! Like I said in the old Spam thread, you have a great, great voice! I'm looking forward to that Bring It On cover, now!!
Back to top Go down
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 11:35 am

Really nice cover, redskynight!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 1:00 pm

Redskynight, I love your "Senor and the Queen" cover! Like everyone else has said, you have a terrific voice. There's something about it that reminds me of Chrissie Hynde. Excellent job! I'm looking forward to "Bring It On"! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:20 pm

As soon as it uploads...cover of Here's looking at you kid is coming your way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:25 pm

Did you do just an instrumental version, or did you do vocals, too?
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:29 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
The whole deal. My temporary Deaf ear might have thrown off my voice a little, But Eh...Struggle through and it still sounds good I think. I never listen to myself SIng.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:33 pm

JimmyB wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
The whole deal. My temporary Deaf ear might have thrown off my voice a little, But Eh...Struggle through and it still sounds good I think. I never listen to myself SIng.

Cool! You should listen to yourself sing, though. I mean, I'm not a big fan of my own voice either, but you can't better yourself as a singer, or musician if you don't listen back to what you've done. Or maybe that's just me.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:34 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:

Cool! You should listen to yourself sing, though. I mean, I'm not a big fan of my own voice either, but you can't better yourself as a singer, or musician if you don't listen back to what you've done. Or maybe that's just me.

I listen to my guitar playing all the time....not a problem there...Just not a fan of my own voice.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:38 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:

I was about to write a similar thing , if you want to improve you really have to listen back to what you are doing, often you can think you are making a certain sound and when recorded it sounds kind of different , everybody hates the sound of their own voice but it gets more bearable the more you hear it back.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:40 pm

Holland wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:

I was about to write a similar thing , if you want to improve you really have to listen back to what you are doing, often you can think you are making a certain sound and when recorded it sounds kind of different , everybody hates the sound of their own voice but it gets more bearable the more you hear it back.
Thirding this.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:56 pm

scratch that...facebook uploader is being pathetically stupid tonight and will not upload it. And imageshack apparently thinks the video is too big to upload. It is just 852 MB;s
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:59 pm

That's a pretty big file, dude.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 11:00 pm

Harbortown wrote:
That's a pretty big file, dude.
Blame my webcam. Guess I will have to Ipod it again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 11:12 pm

Is it a video, or just audio?

Edit: Nevermind! Just read a few posts up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post your own TGA covers here.
Page 11 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 30  Next