DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Post your own TGA covers here.

Go down 
+100
HorribleCrowe
Mae
StateOfMind
Hombie
zombietime
Shrewsbury_Stars
stevie_r_jay
gordy1186
Smasha13
michaelphillips
NotLikeWeBleed
xxxje
Tincan Sailor
Stevearm
StitchesOnTheRadio
Anya_TGA
GaslightFan
Halfstepdown
ThereIsAThunder
HolyBreakOfDay
briancarr82
pennywisdom
Italian__Fallon
GuitarMike
33RPMHero
crsmsi
jonester
lostintheflood
Jack
bringiton_ty
thomas94
White Man In Hammersmith
Hanswurst
Vinay
Jables
saltandburn1967
NYYFAN523
ghosttocoast
RandyMachoManCabbage
gking92
Christophe
reflected
MKULTRA
RobG20
Danieljsmith
TGAforLIFE
mirrorenigma
moosicmaniac
I Came To Dance
TheMagnificentDreamer
Camus
eremitapa
steph
w3tt3r
Debonair
The Angry Johnny Revue
Philo
spgilbert
enola
Down by the Mersey
maugrabo
CharlotteGaslight
IrishNameAndAnInjury
DeathoftheCool
ThisMachineKillsFascists
Labhras
JukeboxJuliet
StopAndSlideToTheRight
Prisoner
Ryan
Harbortown
tipolloa
Jerseyrain
JJW319
BockOfLight
plugga
brianisbae
PPQ
No_Direction
Holland
Bea
theBasemen
JimmyB
Kosburn59
Hendrix94
Bornbutforgot
Jessii
Jaywalk
Scott
CoolCalmChris
Little Eden
rivercities
thecosmickid
AngryJohnnyN1930
dlemire
think-or-swim
loazis
Forum Owner
simo
willie56
104 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage

Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 12:00 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Redskynight, I love your "Senor and the Queen" cover! Like everyone else has said, you have a terrific voice. There's something about it that reminds me of Chrissie Hynde. Excellent job! I'm looking forward to "Bring It On"! Very Happy

Just seeing this now and I have to say, thanks! Chrissie's one of my heroes when it comes to music so I'm very flattered! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 8:11 am

Harbortown wrote:
Holland wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
Did you do just an instrumental version, or did you do vocals, too?
The whole deal. My temporary Deaf ear might have thrown off my voice a little, But Eh...Struggle through and it still sounds good I think. I never listen to myself SIng.

Cool! You should listen to yourself sing, though. I mean, I'm not a big fan of my own voice either, but you can't better yourself as a singer, or musician if you don't listen back to what you've done. Or maybe that's just me.

I was about to write a similar thing , if you want to improve you really have to listen back to what you are doing, often you can think you are making a certain sound and when recorded it sounds kind of different , everybody hates the sound of their own voice but it gets more bearable the more you hear it back.
Thirding this.
I'm going to elaborate on this.

I think I'm a fairly decent singer and that I can keep my shit together in a recording session, but everyone makes mistakes. Listening back to a vocal recording, there's always a few bumps along the way, so I have to listen closely and find out where they are. It might not be the most fun thing to do, but I've done it for a while now and I'm getting used to it.

It's just about being honest with yourself.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 8:45 am

redskynight wrote:
Redskynight, I love your "Senor and the Queen" cover! Like everyone else has said, you have a terrific voice. There's something about it that reminds me of Chrissie Hynde. Excellent job! I'm looking forward to "Bring It On"! Very Happy

Just seeing this now and I have to say, thanks! Chrissie's one of my heroes when it comes to music so I'm very flattered! Very Happy

You're welcome! Upload another song when you have a chance. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 9:48 pm

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150753884214778
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 10:48 pm

It sounds good dude, but you should try to relax. I get the feeling you're overthinking the rhythmical pattern and it makes it sound kinda stressed.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 10:52 pm

I was reading the lyrics off the computer screen so yeah...
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 10:59 pm

Maybe next time you should play a song you know by heart instead, it just sounds better that way.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 11:03 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Maybe next time you should play a song you know by heart instead, it just sounds better that way.
I knew it by heart...I just was not comfortable on the bridge, everywhere else I was fine. I think I might add Runnin on Empty to my Covers list...Just will not post the video here lol
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 11:06 pm

Nice job, Jimmy! Very Happy Man, I love that song so much. It describes so much of who I am. I thought it sounded really good, especially when you loosened up a bit halfway through the song. That was great that you played the harmonica too! Keep the recordings coming, Jimmy!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 11:07 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
I knew it by heart...I just was not comfortable on the bridge, everywhere else I was fine. I think I might add Runnin on Empty to my Covers list...Just will not post the video here lol

Running on Empty is a fantastic song. Even though it's not Gaslight you could still post a recording in the Spam thread. Just a thought...Wink
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 11:09 pm

I second that, the addition of harmonica was really nice.
Back to top Go down
w3tt3r
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 4:35 pm

here is my cover of "great expectations"

http://soundcloud.com/arn_onuehm/great-expectations-1

hope you like it
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 1:35 pm

my cover of Here's looking at ya kid

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150789310089778
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 1:51 pm

Jimmy, that was your best cover yet! It seemed like you relaxed a lot more with that song and weren't overthinking what you were singing. Also, and I think this makes a huge difference, you sounded emotionally connected to Here's Looking at You Kid, and it came through in your voice. Very, very nice. And the guitar sounded awesome too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 2:05 pm

Jimmy, that was your best cover yet! It seemed like you relaxed a lot more with that song and weren't overthinking what you were singing. Also, and I think this makes a huge difference, you sounded emotionally connected to Here's Looking at You Kid, and it came through in your voice. Very, very nice. And the guitar sounded awesome too! Very Happy
Thank you, I'm flattered.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 2:14 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Thank you, I'm flattered.

I only speak the truth, except when I'm lying. No, just kidding!Razz I meant what I said. That was the best cover you've done.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 11:33 pm

Jimmy, how long have you been singing and playing guitar for?
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 11:46 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Jimmy, how long have you been singing and playing guitar for?
Playing guitar for 10 years, and singing for 12 years- 6 of those my choice in school...why?
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 12:05 am

Just wondering.

It just sounds like you're kinda stressing the guitar, and you should relax a bit on the vocals. You constantly keep it pretty high and you should try to sing an octave down for some of the verses.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 12:08 am

Harbortown wrote:
Just wondering.

It just sounds like you're kinda stressing the guitar, and you should relax a bit on the vocals. You constantly keep it pretty high and you should try to sing an octave down for some of the verses.
Well for some reason I really was having difficulty playing guitar today...I get those kind of days every once in awhile...and I try to sing an octave lower...I just think I fall off pitch too easy, Plus I can't hit notes, I just kind of sound flat.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 12:09 am

How can that be when you've sung and played for 10+ years?
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 12:10 am

JimmyB wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
Just wondering.

Well for some reason I really was having difficulty playing guitar today...I get those kind of days every once in awhile...and I try to sing an octave lower...I just think I fall off pitch too easy, Plus I can't hit notes, I just kind of sound flat.

Voice lessons would help you with that.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 12:13 am

Harbortown wrote:
How can that be when you've sung and played for 10+ years?
I mean singing octave. I usually take the pitches from listening to the music, so trying to drop my voice down kind of results in flats where they do not belong.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 5:01 pm

Hello all , i am doing this cover of Dancing in the Dark for uni, in an atmospheric fingerpicking style, have a listen if you like and tell me what you think, i didn't know whether to add more instruments and stuff, anyway check it out! :

http://soundcloud.com/hollsteady/dancing-in-the-dark-shaun
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 5:11 pm

I think it sounds awesome. No idea if you have access to this but I think it would sound great with pedal steel guitar or something. But it's great even just like this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post your own TGA covers here.
Page 12 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 30  Next