DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Post your own TGA covers here.

Go down 
+100
HorribleCrowe
Mae
StateOfMind
Hombie
zombietime
Shrewsbury_Stars
stevie_r_jay
gordy1186
Smasha13
michaelphillips
NotLikeWeBleed
xxxje
Tincan Sailor
Stevearm
StitchesOnTheRadio
Anya_TGA
GaslightFan
Halfstepdown
ThereIsAThunder
HolyBreakOfDay
briancarr82
pennywisdom
Italian__Fallon
GuitarMike
33RPMHero
crsmsi
jonester
lostintheflood
Jack
bringiton_ty
thomas94
White Man In Hammersmith
Hanswurst
Vinay
Jables
saltandburn1967
NYYFAN523
ghosttocoast
RandyMachoManCabbage
gking92
Christophe
reflected
MKULTRA
RobG20
Danieljsmith
TGAforLIFE
mirrorenigma
moosicmaniac
I Came To Dance
TheMagnificentDreamer
Camus
eremitapa
steph
w3tt3r
Debonair
The Angry Johnny Revue
Philo
spgilbert
enola
Down by the Mersey
maugrabo
CharlotteGaslight
IrishNameAndAnInjury
DeathoftheCool
ThisMachineKillsFascists
Labhras
JukeboxJuliet
StopAndSlideToTheRight
Prisoner
Ryan
Harbortown
tipolloa
Jerseyrain
JJW319
BockOfLight
plugga
brianisbae
PPQ
No_Direction
Holland
Bea
theBasemen
JimmyB
Kosburn59
Hendrix94
Bornbutforgot
Jessii
Jaywalk
Scott
CoolCalmChris
Little Eden
rivercities
thecosmickid
AngryJohnnyN1930
dlemire
think-or-swim
loazis
Forum Owner
simo
willie56
104 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30
AuthorMessage
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 10:18 pm

dude I'm telling you you gotta lower the key or at least sing it full voice, i.e use your belly to sing, not your throat.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2016 8:05 am

Yeh Jimmy it does sounds out of your range the song. You have to find something that allows your voice to project with a full tone. The sound is all coming from your head and it really has to come from the belly/diaphragm as Harbortown said.

It sounds like your throat is all closed up and you are just pushing the sound out rather than allowing it to flow through your body.

It does sound like you have an ear for melody so that is good. Also improve your posture a bit, I'm not sure why the guitar is right under your chin but this can only hinder your progress. You really do need to use your whole body to sing properly.

My advice for now is play around with a few songs and start with something that is comfortable and easy breathing wise that you can sing in full voice.

You will get there Jimmy you just need to find the correct range and style for you.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2016 9:51 am

https://soundcloud.com/johnzackarias/get-hurt-gaslight-anthem-cover

New cover! I've wanted to record a cover of this song for quite some time as it's one of my all time Gaslight favorites. I threw it together in about an hour, trying not to overthink it. I hope you'll enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2016 10:12 am

Holland wrote:
Yeh Jimmy it does sounds out of your range the song. You have to find something that allows your voice to project with a full tone. The sound is all coming from your head and it really has to come from the belly/diaphragm as Harbortown said.

It sounds like your throat is all closed up and you are just pushing the sound out rather than allowing it to flow through your body.

It does sound like you have an ear for melody so that is good. Also improve your posture a bit, I'm not sure why the guitar is right under your chin but this can only hinder your progress. You really do need to use your whole body to sing properly.

My advice for now is play around with a few songs and start with something that is comfortable and easy breathing wise that you can sing in full voice.

You will get there Jimmy you just need to find the correct range and style for you.

Well, I was trying to do Don Henley part, so maybe I do need to lower my pitch to match the style of Glenn fry
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2016 10:13 am

JimmyB wrote:
Holland wrote:

Well, I was trying to do Don Henley part, so maybe I do need to lower my pitch to match the style of Glenn fry

how about; try your own thing instead of trying to copy somebody else. you'll find more gratitude there.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2016 10:35 am

Sorry, not so much copying, but the pitch I meant. I find singing a little higher a bit more comfortable, you understand what I'm trying to say?
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2016 11:03 am

JimmyB wrote:
Sorry, not so much copying, but the pitch I meant. I find singing a little higher a bit more comfortable, you understand what I'm trying to say?

Totally!
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2016 6:39 pm

Harbortown wrote:

New cover! I've wanted to record a cover of this song for quite some time as it's one of my all time Gaslight favorites. I threw it together in about an hour, trying not to overthink it. I hope you'll enjoy it.

like the cover! I just looked up some songs on your soundcloud and I really love 'Film Noir' (one of my favorites by TGA) awesome voice!
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2016 7:03 am

Harbortown wrote:

Great stuff sir, like the chilled out vibe of it. Good Job!! I like how the chorus is less impacting than Gaslights version. It has a vibe of 'yes you have hurt me before but I am here again to let it all happen' because its not as aggressive if that makes any sense haha
Back to top Go down
SarahSarahSarah
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SarahSarahSarah

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2016 5:07 pm

Spent a chunk of my morning today playing around with and recording a cover of Have Mercy. Figured I'd share it here in hopes that someone might enjoy it!

https://soundcloud.com/sarahtapola/have-mercy-gaslight-anthem-cover
Back to top Go down
SarahSarahSarah
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SarahSarahSarah

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2016 5:11 pm

Harbortown wrote:

Y'know, I've messed around with this song quite a bit but for some reason I've always had trouble making it sound anything other than awful, haha. Glad to hear that wasn't an issue for you. This is excellent.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 1:39 pm

So I recorded a simple cover of 45 today. I made a few changes here and there, I like to make my covers as close as possible to the way I would play my own songs. I hope you'll enjoy it.

And, Sarah! How the fuck did I miss your cover? I love how toned down it is, ALSO your singing has improved so much over the years. That was great. And thank you.
Back to top Go down
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender
shiftynj

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 12:13 pm

Harbortown wrote:
So I recorded a simple cover of 45 today. I made a few changes here and there, I like to make my covers as close as possible to the way I would play my own songs. I hope you'll enjoy it.

Quite enjoyed that thank you
Back to top Go down
http://vergeofjordan.blogspot.com
SarahSarahSarah
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SarahSarahSarah

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2017 12:15 pm

Harbortown wrote:
And, Sarah! How the fuck did I miss your cover? I love how toned down it is, ALSO your singing has improved so much over the years. That was great. And thank you.

Thanks, John! I appreciate the kind words. Nice work with the 45 cover as well. 👍👍👍
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 7:57 am

So here's my first video cover. It's a new version of an older cover I made. I hope you like it!

Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 5:47 pm

[quote="Harbortown"]So here's my first video cover. It's a new version of an older cover I made. I hope you like it!
[quote]

I think that really good!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 11:31 am

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 10:59 am

Did a cover of 59 Sound at an open mic, first time playing in front of people...I know FINALLY!! Check it out, hope you like it:

Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 9:14 am

Great as always, man.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2018 8:28 pm

Getting out and playing a bit more these days : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj-chHmqWz4&feature=youtu.be
Back to top Go down
Mae
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mae

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2018 9:45 pm

Found out this girl I used to see is seeing someone else. I know this is rough and I forget a verse and it's out of tune but I just wanted to put this out there. Let me know what you think. (Note theres a bit after 2:56)

Back to top Go down
strickland
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2018 10:42 am

nice harmonica skills, but man, you seem a bit down (to put it lightly :p), hang in there!
Back to top Go down
strickland
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2018 11:05 am

had some fun with High Lonesome, I find covering Gaslight songs extremely challenging to me, so I'm amazed I managed to actually finish one, even if the ending got a bit crazy lol

Back to top Go down
A lazy old tomcat
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
A lazy old tomcat

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2020 6:54 pm

Hi guys, here's a cover of "The Patient Ferris Wheel"! It's my first time posting a song online, so any feedback would be much appreciated : )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post your own TGA covers here.
Page 30 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30