DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Post your own TGA covers here.

Go down 
+100
HorribleCrowe
Mae
StateOfMind
Hombie
zombietime
Shrewsbury_Stars
stevie_r_jay
gordy1186
Smasha13
michaelphillips
NotLikeWeBleed
xxxje
Tincan Sailor
Stevearm
StitchesOnTheRadio
Anya_TGA
GaslightFan
Halfstepdown
ThereIsAThunder
HolyBreakOfDay
briancarr82
pennywisdom
Italian__Fallon
GuitarMike
33RPMHero
crsmsi
jonester
lostintheflood
Jack
bringiton_ty
thomas94
White Man In Hammersmith
Hanswurst
Vinay
Jables
saltandburn1967
NYYFAN523
ghosttocoast
RandyMachoManCabbage
gking92
Christophe
reflected
MKULTRA
RobG20
Danieljsmith
TGAforLIFE
mirrorenigma
moosicmaniac
I Came To Dance
TheMagnificentDreamer
Camus
eremitapa
steph
w3tt3r
Debonair
The Angry Johnny Revue
Philo
spgilbert
enola
Down by the Mersey
maugrabo
CharlotteGaslight
IrishNameAndAnInjury
DeathoftheCool
ThisMachineKillsFascists
Labhras
JukeboxJuliet
StopAndSlideToTheRight
Prisoner
Ryan
Harbortown
tipolloa
Jerseyrain
JJW319
BockOfLight
plugga
brianisbae
PPQ
No_Direction
Holland
Bea
theBasemen
JimmyB
Kosburn59
Hendrix94
Bornbutforgot
Jessii
Jaywalk
Scott
CoolCalmChris
Little Eden
rivercities
thecosmickid
AngryJohnnyN1930
dlemire
think-or-swim
loazis
Forum Owner
simo
willie56
104 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage

Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 10:08 am

No_Direction wrote:
http://soundcloud.com/nickakam/nick-akam-great-expectations

Pretty happy with this.

Just gonna plug this here as well: https://www.facebook.com/nickakammusic

THIS. I LOVE THIS.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 10:08 am

I'm gonna be honest, the thunder feels kinda tacky for me.

However, musically you did an excellent job. I really love how you made it a genuine folk song. 5 stars, buddy.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 10:11 am

Dude you recorded Sorrow? One of my all time favorites, GIANT KUDOS.

Holy shit your name is No_Direction. Another Bad Religion fan. Please grace us with more presence.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 11:16 am

There you go, boys and girls.

http://soundcloud.com/johnzackarias/american-slang-the-gaslight

I can't guarantee it's good or anything, but we had fun recording!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 11:27 am

Harbortown, I love that cover SOOO much! The folk spin you put on it was phenomenal and you sounded great! I really liked the "in a dream I had" line you were singing too. It stood out in a really good way. MORE SONGS PLEASE!

Edit: I played your cover for my sister and she was really impressed. She just may turn into a diehard Gaslight fan yet! Wink

Last edited by IrishNameAndAnInjury on Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 11:31 am

This is seriously so, so great, John. So much raw emotion. Beautiful melancholy.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 11:36 am

Thank you so much, guys, really, it means the world to me.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 11:54 am

we should just make a dimestore cd and give it to brian or someone! just like band aid hahaa
you guys are too talented.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 11:56 am

plugga wrote:
we should just make a dimestore cd and give it to brian or someone! just like band aid hahaa
you guys are too talented.

Haha, I love that idea! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 1:18 pm

Wow, harbortown really solid, no doubt in my mind Brian would dig this.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 1:37 pm

Thanks dude!
Back to top Go down
No_Direction
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 10:24 am

Harbortown wrote:

Love it Smile, really like your voice man.

And yeah thanks for the positive comments before Smile, bad religion and gaslight anthem are the 2 bands that shaped the last few years of my life. Great stuff.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 10:51 am

Expect an instrumental version of Here's looking at you kid withing the next few days...My voice is still a bit off pitch (Darn sore throat)
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 11:05 am

No_Direction wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

Love it Smile, really like your voice man.

And yeah thanks for the positive comments before Smile, bad religion and gaslight anthem are the 2 bands that shaped the last few years of my life. Great stuff.
Thanks man!

Indeed, Bad Religion and The Gaslight Anthem are two of the most influential bands in my life, in different ways. Ever seen 'em live?
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 11:29 am

JimmyB wrote:
Expect an instrumental version of Here's looking at you kid withing the next few days...My voice is still a bit off pitch (Darn sore throat)
Not to sound like Mr. Grumpypants but instrumentals are no fun if they're not thoroughly amazing and mindblowing.

We want to hear people's voices, dude, just wait until your throat is alright.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 1:51 pm

Hey Holland, I showed your cover of Ladykiller to some friends and they all think you're pretty incredible.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 2:10 pm

Thats superb!! Thanks for sharing my stuff!! I am liking the songs you have done , i might have to attempt a piano based version of a song one day , i have little to no piano skills though so i may have to use the power of technology to make it sound decent.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 4:31 pm

For those who saw my acoustic stripped down version of American Slang a page or two back, heres my cover of The Backseat played in the same fashion. Its off a cd of covers that Ive recorded which Ive titled 'The Midnight Sessions' in which each song is just recorded on one track on Garageband with the view to singing and playing the songs a lot more quiet than I would usually play them. Its a bit different I guess but hope you get a chance to listen...

http://soundcloud.com/alex-magrath/midnight-sessions-the-backseat
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 5:59 pm

Good cover, dude. I love your voice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 6:16 pm

Jerseyrain wrote:
For those who saw my acoustic stripped down version of American Slang a page or two back, heres my cover of The Backseat played in the same fashion. Its off a cd of covers that Ive recorded which Ive titled 'The Midnight Sessions' in which each song is just recorded on one track on Garageband with the view to singing and playing the songs a lot more quiet than I would usually play them. Its a bit different I guess but hope you get a chance to listen...

This one is great, just like the last one you posted! Will you be making these available for download or anything like that?
Back to top Go down
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 6:23 pm

Really dig your covers, Jerseyrain.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 6:59 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
Jerseyrain wrote:

This one is great, just like the last one you posted! Will you be making these available for download or anything like that?

Well Ive recorded about fifteen songs in this stripped down style. A few of them are my own. Ive just been testing the water see if people like it before putting it up for download. Ill put them all up for download for those who like them though when I find the time so thanks a lot for showing interest. When Ive done it I'll post a link. I'll try and do it within the next week since you're asking. Theyre not all Gaslight but there will be a few of theirs on there so even if you dont want the others you can get the Gaslight ones Very Happy .

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 7:02 pm

Jerseyrain wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
Jerseyrain wrote:

Well Ive recorded about fifteen songs in this stripped down style. A few of them are my own. Ive just been testing the water see if people like it before putting it up for download. Ill put them all up for download for those who like them though when I find the time so thanks a lot for showing interest. When Ive done it I'll post a link. I'll try and do it within the next week since you're asking. Theyre not all Gaslight but there will be a few of theirs on there so even if you dont want the others you can get the Gaslight ones Very Happy .

Right on, man! I'll keep my eyes open for the link! No rush, though, whenever you have the time. This is such a cool idea, too. I'm jealous I didn't think of doing it first!
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 7:25 pm

Right on, man! I'll keep my eyes open for the link! No rush, though, whenever you have the time. This is such a cool idea, too. I'm jealous I didn't think of doing it first![/quote]

Don't let me stop you. Id hate to stem anyones creativity. I'll post up when its all done. I may add a couple more songs yet but the Gaslight/ Fallon ones so far are

Sugar
American Slang
T59S
Blue Jeans
Backseats
OWL

Thanks to the others who listened, I'm very grateful for the kind words Very Happy
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 10:34 pm

Jerseyrain wrote:

Wow, that was fantastic! You have a great voice and I love how you slowed it down and turned The Backseat into a folk song. Really amazing! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post your own TGA covers here.   Post your own TGA covers here. - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post your own TGA covers here.
Page 10 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next