DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pre Show Packages

Go down 
+68
zerb012345
LuceroDiehard
cms35
joberschlake
Debonair
TLRRescue
Boyfromlittleeden
flannel
matkins
biggs
mingus
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
FrankieG
Soozy Creamcheese
HolyBreakOfDay
colmillionaire
redheadchick
luckyman
dlbia
TGAFAN25
Hamma14
mja271
BSouls97
makemyday1980
aelliott88
macci
azlisa
Spc66
cmigs
bradleyjp
shredderrrrrr
JukeboxJuliet
mirrorenigma
steady now steady now
jensomniac
Anya_TGA
rumham
jdc
The Angry Johnny Revue
bt211
Romain
PPQ
Steve70s
jac185
CluckyB
StitchesOnTheRadio
NeverTrustAJunkie
Jerseyrain
pleasepassthesoup
Hasler09
bootime
Zach_Edelman
moosicmaniac
enola
CapedAvenger
The_River
cdala
_rebekka_
Jaws
GlennR
kristyn
njguy99
chong138
miked331
SirBrad
ral
kappanera
lol_paul_ledoux
72 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

Pre Show Packages - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 3:35 pm

Making it free and exclusive for 45RPM members is a pipe dream. It makes no sense from the band's perspective.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 3:40 pm

Lot of people over reacting and taking offence way too far here. I personally thought the package sounded good, its a matter of opinion and if you don't fair enough but a lot of the reasons people have for hating the idea seem to be fairly selfish, based on how it might impact THEIR show and ability to be at the front. As the package gains you access to the photo pit I'm guessing there would be limited availability anyway, I can't imagine more than twenty but I'm guessing,  for those worrying that they wouldn't be in the front row God forbid. I love being in the front row too and I enjoy seeing familiar faces of some cool people down there but I won't be upset if I have to be in the second or third row, you're still close enough to see properly at the end of the day so you've just got to get on with it. All the guys in the band or at the label or whatever are trying to do is make the fan club better for US and yes make a little money too. They don't call it the music business for nothing. Maybe this wasn't the way to do it for the majority of people, maybe they didn't consider all of the ramifications, I don't know but for those people being blatantly rude on social media, thats un-necessary. And to agree with many posters above me, if you don't like it don't go, just stick with your general admission ticket. It will still be a good show. If not find a new band to watch.

I don't mean to offend anyone with this post, after all we all post our opinion and this is just mine. It doesn't count for much. t just feel that sometimes people feel that they love the band so much or know them so well that they feel that they should have a say in the decisions the band makes. Like the band owe them something for buying all the vinyl variants or going to hundreds of shows. The links were taken down anyway so most peeps got what they wanted. They'l work the 45rpm club out soon I'm sure. Chins up!

Last edited by Jerseyrain on Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Hasler09
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Hasler09

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 3:42 pm

Barresi wrote:
Making it free and exclusive for 45RPM members is a pipe dream. It makes no sense from the band's perspective.

But rather than just a discount for 45 members letting some members in through some sort of raffle? It's a tough one, like i said i would have paid just think there could have been a balance.
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 3:47 pm

Hasler09 wrote:
Barresi wrote:

But rather than just a discount for 45 members letting some members in through some sort of raffle? It's a tough one, like i said i would have paid just think there could have been a balance.

Wasn't it like a $35 discount for fan club members? That's pretty significant.
Back to top Go down
kappanera
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
kappanera

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 3:57 pm

Jerseyrain wrote:
As the package gains you access to the photo pit I'm guessing there would be limited availability anyway, I can't imagine more than twenty but I'm guessing,  for those worrying that they wouldn't be in the front row God forbid.
Just for clarity ,the photo pit thing was an additional 5 places lottery, so I guess there was no limit for the package, or at least they didn't mention it Wink .

Anyway I didn't have the money to afford it so egoistically I'm not sad they changed their mind.On another side I don't feel good about fans stopping a band's idea, even when I don't agree 100% with it.
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 4:00 pm

GlennR wrote:

As for the pre-show package: as I noted before, the show dynamic changes when the front row is for sale and not for those who want it most (ie. those willing to line up in advance).

I think there is a misconception here about how the people who would buy this would not be the ones who wanted it most. A lot of people can show their dedication with their time, getting there early and queuing, but some people just can't do that. They work, they live away, whatever. Just because someone has money doesn't mean they are not as big of a fan as the people who line up hours in advance.

I'm going to their show in Cardiff on a saturday, meaning I have to fly out sat morning (no vacation time), get to bristol airport at around 1pm (no direct flights to Cardiff), then get a bus to the city centre which takes about an hour, then a train to Cardiff that takes another hour, so there is no way I'll be in Cardiff before 4pm, and that's if the schedules all line up. Doors are at 6pm if I'm not mistaken. In between that I would still like to have food at some point because I have low blood pressure and low sugar levels so it's really not a good idea to not eat properly before a show. So I will prob get to the queue at around 5pm, best case scenario. Does that mean I don't want it as much as someone who lives there and can go to the venue whenever?

The main reason I did not agree with these packages was that they made a statement about what kind of band they are. They really are at a crossroads now, where they are not a small band, but they are not a big band either. It's a tough position to be in as a band.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 4:10 pm

kappanera wrote:
Jerseyrain wrote:
As the package gains you access to the photo pit I'm guessing there would be limited availability anyway, I can't imagine more than twenty but I'm guessing,  for those worrying that they wouldn't be in the front row God forbid.
Just for clarity ,the photo pit thing was an additional 5 places lottery, so I guess there was no limit for the package, or at least they didn't mention it Wink .

Anyway I didn't have the money to afford it so egoistically I'm not sad they changed their mind.On another side I don't feel good about fans stopping a band's idea, even when I don't agree 100% with it.

Fair point re. the photo pit but yes. I think that what infuriated me the most is that fans have stopped a bands idea so I agree with that too. They were just trying to please a people and its backfired but I also think that its come across as very ungrateful from the fans. They've always been good to the fans as much as they can, maybe some people take this for granted and a few have been a bit diva like about it as if they have some sort of say in band decisions.

Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Hasler09
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Hasler09

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 4:11 pm

pleasepassthesoup wrote:
Hasler09 wrote:
Barresi wrote:

Wasn't it like a $35 discount for fan club members? That's pretty significant.

like I said I'd pay the money. I'm pretty lucky to be able to afford to. I just think some people who maybe massive fans, payed a lot of money out already don't get the same opportunities.
Back to top Go down
_rebekka_
A Contender
A Contender
_rebekka_

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 4:23 pm

Jerseyrain wrote:

Fair point re. the photo pit but yes. I think that what infuriated me the most is that fans have stopped a bands idea so I agree with that too. They were just trying to please a people and its backfired but I also think that its come across as very ungrateful from the fans. They've always been good to the fans as much as they can, maybe some people take this for granted and a few have been a bit diva like about it as if they have some sort of say in band decisions.

I was one of the haters or divas what we are obviously called now if we complain and have a different opinion. Oh yes selfish too cause I like to stand in the front row cause I am small and I otherwise dont see anything. I never said that the Gaslight guys weren't good to their fans. I just said that I don't like the pre show packages for whatever reason. And I think having an opinion about this is something absolutely different than thinking I have some sort of say in a bands decision. I never expected them to listen to what we say but yes I am glad they did.

Sad that obviously it is not allowed to not agree with something the band does.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 4:32 pm

Speaking on behalf of photographers, thank fuck this package got ditched.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 4:40 pm

I can't read everyone's comments because I'm on my phone, but I think a lot of you are missing WHY this is so expensive. If it was 40 bucks, everyone and their mother would be signing up! Someone else mentioned that it would be like they're playing two shows a night. Does the price suck? Yes. Is it necessary? Yes. Believe me, I'm far from "rich" as someone else put it. But to pay this price for one show, for an awesome experience, isn't that insane. As others have said, if it's not worth it to you, don't buy it.

One complaint I will agree with is the early entry issue. It just isn't fair to other fans who line up early. However, there are ways to fix that if people hadn't flipped out and just said it was a "bad" idea all over the Internet. I'm hoping they re-evaluate that and try this again but I have a feeling the reaction scared them off. There's nothing wrong with being critical of something, but more people need to think before reacting and provide actual solutions to the problems.

And again, I haven't read everyone's response here an this isn't directed at any particular post, I'm just really bummed that we FINALLY saw something cool that I thought we'd never see and it got shot down in less than a few hours.
Back to top Go down
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 4:45 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
I can't read everyone's comments because I'm on my phone, but I think a lot of you are missing WHY this is so expensive. If it was 40 bucks, everyone and their mother would be signing up! Someone else mentioned that it would be like they're playing two shows a night. Does the price suck? Yes. Is it necessary? Yes. Believe me, I'm far from "rich" as someone else put it. But to pay this price for one show, for an awesome experience, isn't that insane. As others have said, if it's not worth it to you, don't buy it.

One complaint I will agree with is the early entry issue. It just isn't fair to other fans who line up early. However, there are ways to fix that if people hadn't flipped out and just said it was a "bad" idea all over the Internet.

This, exactly.
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 4:50 pm

Barresi wrote:

One complaint I will agree with is the early entry issue. It just isn't fair to other fans who line up early. However, there are ways to fix that if people hadn't flipped out and just said it was a "bad" idea all over the Internet.

This, exactly.

I stand behind this as well
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 4:54 pm

One complaint I will agree with is the early entry issue. It just isn't fair to other fans who line up early. However, there are ways to fix that if people hadn't flipped out and just said it was a "bad" idea all over the Internet. I'm hoping they re-evaluate that and try this again but I have a feeling the reaction scared them off. There's nothing wrong with being critical of something, but more people need to think before reacting and provide actual solutions to the problems.

And again, I haven't read everyone's response here an this isn't directed at any particular post, I'm just really bummed that we FINALLY saw something cool that I thought we'd never see and it got shot down in less than a few hours.

then have people sign up and do a raffle to see who actually gets pre-show spots or something.

Fan club was bad enough, telling fans you have to pay $125 if you wanna see rare songs live is beyond dumb
Back to top Go down
Hasler09
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Hasler09

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 4:56 pm

I think/hope they will come back with the offer again. If you are willing to pay (I am) then i don't see why there is a problem. To pull the whole idea is a complete shame.
Back to top Go down
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 5:02 pm

CluckyB wrote:

then have people sign up and do a raffle to see who actually gets pre-show spots or something.

Fan club was bad enough, telling fans you have to pay $125 if you wanna see rare songs live is beyond dumb

Would you rather have a chance to hear rare songs live, or just know you won't hear them at all in the now crowded main set? Because something tells me I could hear something like "We Did It When We Were Young" or even "Misery" in one of these pre-show sets, knowing I'm more than likely never going to hear them otherwise. It's not dumb. Some of these songs just aren't going to make it into the new setlist. And if people are willing to pay to see them in a more exclusive atmosphere, why not make the most of it?
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 5:07 pm

CluckyB wrote:

Cool, so now they just wont play those songs live at all and nobody gets to hear them. You're in exactly the same position you were before, but the people who wanted to pay to see something different can't now.
Back to top Go down
kappanera
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
kappanera

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 5:21 pm

pleasepassthesoup wrote:
CluckyB wrote:

Cool, so now they just wont play those songs live at all and nobody gets to hear them. You're in exactly the same position you were before, but the people who wanted to pay to see something different can't now.
One thing that crossed my mind by the way is: are there enough "rare" tracks in the band's catalogue to justify this? I mean, we're not talking about a huge discography; in two Manchester show I basically saw the whole Sink or Swim, for example.
We did it,Contender, maybe National Anthem and Our father's sons, but nothing I would pay for.
I'm not polemic at all, I'm just curious in a genuine way about what is considered rare.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 5:44 pm

pleasepassthesoup wrote:
CluckyB wrote:

The fact that you can pay $125 doesn't make you better or any more deserving to see those songs that someone who can't.
Back to top Go down
GlennR
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 5:45 pm

pleasepassthesoup wrote:

The band could play those songs *during their regular show* if they wanted to.

Any "blame" for not playing (and not getting to hear) those songs live is on the band, and only the band.
Back to top Go down
jac185
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 5:52 pm

I've seen other bands put up online surveys for their fans to fill in to get a sense of what sort of things they're interested in. Maybe it'd be a good idea to do something like that (even if they just send it out to 45rpm members) so that whatever they choose to go with - they can already be confident in it and not worry about any negative reaction. The quick retraction seems a bit sad.

To be honest, I understand both sides. There were issues with the early entry idea, but I've seen bands charge far more for far less too. This did seem designed to cater to what might fans enjoy at least rather than just to take as much money as possible.
Back to top Go down
GlennR
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 5:57 pm

Jerseyrain wrote:
a lot of the reasons people have for hating the idea seem to be fairly selfish, based on how it might impact THEIR show and ability to be at the front.

Here's the problem though: they already sold the tickets to the shows. If I bought a GA ticket thinking that gave me potential access to the front (assuming I lined up and got there early) -- but then, afterwards, they started selling these early entry packages -- that's really crappy.

It's their show and they can do what they want - BUT it's necessary to announce the entry policies when the tickets are sold. That way people can make informed decisions about what shows they want or don't want to go to.

Jerseyrain wrote:
As the package gains you access to the photo pit I'm guessing there would be limited availability anyway, I can't imagine more than twenty

Nobody knows how many were going to be sold. The packages did not guarantee accces to the photo pit; only entry into a lottery for that access.

Quote :
All the guys in the band or at the label or whatever are trying to do is
make the fan club better for US and yes make a little money too.

This wasn't a fan club benefit. It was open to the public.
The fanclub is itself a money-making enterprise. If these sorts of benefits were available to the fanclub, I bet they could charge more for membership.

Quote :
And to agree with many posters above me, if you don't like it don't go, just stick with your general admission ticket. It will still be a good show. If not find a new band to watch.

I think you are missing the point. People care so much BECAUSE they love this band.
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 6:04 pm

come on guys - it's not like anyone died.

please tell me nobody died?!
Back to top Go down
_rebekka_
A Contender
A Contender
_rebekka_

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 6:29 pm

jac185 wrote:

I've seen other bands put up online surveys for their fans to fill in to get a sense of what sort of things they're interested in. Maybe it'd be a good idea to do something like that (even if they just send it out to 45rpm members) so that whatever they choose to go with - they can already be confident in it and not worry about any negative reaction. The quick retraction seems a bit sad.

To be honest, I understand both sides. There were issues with the early entry idea, but I've seen bands charge far more for far less too. This did seem designed to cater to what might fans enjoy at least rather than just to take as much money as possible.

I think a survey is a great idea. That could definitely prevent situations like today.

I also agree with that they should have put up those packages earlier, at the same time the tickets went on sale so that everyone knew what is available. My main concern was the early entry, the soundcheck could be a good idea eben tho i still didnt liek the rare songs idea. One reason why I love Gaslight is their set list flexibility. You never know what they will play and I have seen them play many rare songs. Would be a shame if those rare songs would vanish from the shows cause of the soundchecks.

And yes I pointed out my opinion cause I do care about this band, a lot.
Back to top Go down
PPQ
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 6:52 pm

Thats the problem with these internetthingsandthats. Too many people with too many opinions, you can´t do it right for everyone. If I´m not too late to take one of these packages I had taken one.
Back to top Go down
http://politplatschquatsch.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pre Show Packages
Page 3 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next