DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pre Show Packages

Go down 
+68
zerb012345
LuceroDiehard
cms35
joberschlake
Debonair
TLRRescue
Boyfromlittleeden
flannel
matkins
biggs
mingus
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
FrankieG
Soozy Creamcheese
HolyBreakOfDay
colmillionaire
redheadchick
luckyman
dlbia
TGAFAN25
Hamma14
mja271
BSouls97
makemyday1980
aelliott88
macci
azlisa
Spc66
cmigs
bradleyjp
shredderrrrrr
JukeboxJuliet
mirrorenigma
steady now steady now
jensomniac
Anya_TGA
rumham
jdc
The Angry Johnny Revue
bt211
Romain
PPQ
Steve70s
jac185
CluckyB
StitchesOnTheRadio
NeverTrustAJunkie
Jerseyrain
pleasepassthesoup
Hasler09
bootime
Zach_Edelman
moosicmaniac
enola
CapedAvenger
The_River
cdala
_rebekka_
Jaws
GlennR
kristyn
njguy99
chong138
miked331
SirBrad
ral
kappanera
lol_paul_ledoux
72 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
moosicmaniac
A Contender
A Contender

Pre Show Packages - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 1:48 pm

Hate this.  The most dedicated fans who can devote a whole day to the show should be down front, not those who have extra cash to spare.

Besides the early entry I really don't have a problem with it.  But as someone who has lined up at noon before to be front row center a few times, it's a bummer that I'll never be able to do this again without buying into this bullshit.

EDIT: "rare tunes" - does this mean my only chance to hear Contender is going to be by purchasing one of these packages?
Back to top Go down
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 1:57 pm

GlennR wrote:
Barresi wrote:
I'm just wondering if this includes access to the actual show. If that's the case, I'm definitely in.

It does not

That's pretty disappointing.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 1:58 pm

Quote :
"For quite a long time, we have been looking for a way to best provide more fun and deep experiences when attending a Gaslight show."

shouldn't they be trying to provide that for everyone and not just those able/willing to pay extra money for it?
Back to top Go down
Zach_Edelman
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Zach_Edelman

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 2:14 pm

"PRE SHOW is GONE! We thought it would something fun, but we hear you guys and we are listening! The people have spoken!"

Good
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 2:18 pm

Congratulations. The negative contingent have taken away a cool opportunity for those who'd have given it a go.

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 2:20 pm

I was just waiting on the discount email for the club members Sad
Back to top Go down
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 2:20 pm

I probably would have done it once, but I understand every complaint against it. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
bootime
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 2:23 pm

Was waiting on discount email as well...bummer...bunch of cry babies..
Back to top Go down
kappanera
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
kappanera

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 2:23 pm

ZachMSL wrote:
"PRE SHOW is GONE!  We thought it would something fun, but we hear you guys and we are listening! The people have spoken!"

Good
Somehow I feel bad for them now..I'm afraid I'm fanboying this band a bit too much
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

Ok so wow!

I hate the reactionary nature of people on this internet age.

Id like a count of all the Varvatos bashers that would up getting in.

Last edited by miked331 on Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chong138
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 2:24 pm

ZachMSL wrote:
"PRE SHOW is GONE!  We thought it would something fun, but we hear you guys and we are listening! The people have spoken!"

Good

That if f'ing ridiculous. The idea of all those live mp3's floating around had me so excited. If you don't like the package babies, don't buy it. It's pretty simple. Nobody was getting in front of you during the real show because of it.
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 2:34 pm

I am so confused right now. Does the internet really have this much power? Did the packages even last 2 hours?!
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 2:38 pm

cdala wrote:
I am so confused right now. Does the internet really have this much power? Did the packages even last 2 hours?!

Yes. And people are babies. Everyone is a baby.

(Not everyone but you know what I mean)
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 2:42 pm

wow that's crazy.

"this day in Gaslight Anthem history" In 5 years you will tell people you were witness to a pre-show package that lasted 2 hours and nobody will believe you. Razz 
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 2:44 pm

I'm hoping they come up with something still, I think it sounded pretty fun. Maybe a fan club version or at least a contest to be able to go to something like that.
Back to top Go down
GlennR
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 2:49 pm

miked331 wrote:

How is this relevant?

Back to top Go down
_rebekka_
A Contender
A Contender
_rebekka_

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 3:00 pm

I am glad that the packages are gone and I am very glad that the guys listened to us, their fans. They still care and this makes me very happy. I tweeted Benny and he replied and then the packages were gone. He totally rocks.

I do like the idea of early entry but as I said before it should be for the fan club members. Not only because I like to be in the front but I go to many concerts and the best concerts are usually those where the real fans are in the front. I would gladly pay a higher fanclub fee for the early entry or pay a little more for the presale tickets with included early entry.

The soundcheck thing could be a good idea if they figure something out thats not too expensive and that doesn't take away anything from the normal show, like rare songs only at the soundcheck is not right. Also they should only do it if they would enjoy it too. And I am sure they wouldnt enjoy doing a soundcheck every evening for people who can afford it and are not real fans. Those people probably wouldnt appreciate this opportunity. The Nine Inch Nails did soundchecks for fans on one tour once, just randomly at some shows invited fan club members to see the soundcheck. That would be cool. I think also the idea was to finance the audio recording of the soundcheck with the price of the pre show package which makes it more reasonable but I think I would only want recordings of shows where I have been to so I wouldnt buy the soundcheck recording anyway. Pearl Jam are offering audio recordings of their live shows most of the time which is absolutely great and a nice memory of the shows. I would love if Gaslight would do that.
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 3:01 pm

GlennR wrote:
miked331 wrote:

How is this relevant?

My point is that people feel entitled to have access to all things just because they are a fan of someone or something.

Everyone flipped out because maybe 50 people would get into a show before them. Maybe it's me.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 3:07 pm

_rebekka_ wrote:
I am glad that the packages are gone and I am very glad that the guys listened to us, their fans. They still care and this makes me very happy. I tweeted Benny and he replied and then the packages were gone. He totally rocks.

I do like the idea of early entry but as I said before it should be for the fan club members. Not only because I like to be in the front but I go to many concerts and the best concerts are usually those where the real fans are in the front. I would gladly pay a higher fanclub fee for the early entry or pay a little more for the presale tickets with included early entry.

The soundcheck thing could be a good idea if they figure something out thats not too expensive and that doesn't take away anything from the normal show, like rare songs only at the soundcheck is not right. Also they should only do it if they would enjoy it too. And I am sure they wouldnt enjoy doing a soundcheck every evening for people who can afford it and are not real fans. Those people probably wouldnt appreciate this opportunity. The Nine Inch Nails did soundchecks for fans on one tour once, just randomly at some shows invited fan club members to see the soundcheck. That would be cool. I think also the idea was to finance the audio recording of the soundcheck with the price of the pre show package which makes it more reasonable but I think I would only want recordings of shows where I have been to so I wouldnt buy the soundcheck recording anyway. Pearl Jam are offering audio recordings of their live shows most of the time which is absolutely great and a nice memory of the shows. I would love if Gaslight would do that.

here is the thing to consider too - they can't do a soundcheck only thing and make it that much more affordable because all the sudden at $XX less you'll have a lot more people interested in and then that just becomes too much.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 3:13 pm

sort of funny - first people complained about it being introduced, now on facebook people are complaining it's gone.

are the people going to speak twice in one day?
Back to top Go down
GlennR
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 3:14 pm

miked331 wrote:
My point is that people feel entitled to have access to all things just because they are a fan of someone or something.

Nobody said that.

It was disappointing when it was revealed that Gaslight was playing an invitation-only show. Everybody understands it's their band and they can do what they want; it doesn't mean people have to like it. Those are perfectly valid complaints.

Personally, I thought the invitation-only show was stupid. Then they opened it to their paid fanclub, which made a lot of sense and was the right thing to do.

---
As for the pre-show package: as I noted before, the show dynamic changes when the front row is for sale and not for those who want it most (ie. those willing to line up in advance).

The middle ground, if necessary, is offering it to the *paid* fanclub. They don't have to give away early entry for free; they're already charging people to be in the fanclub.
Back to top Go down
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 3:20 pm

Shouldn't the middle ground be to just get rid of the early access to the floor? That way the people waiting outside all day who couldn't manage the pre-show package can still get their spots. That's what it seems like most of the complaints stemmed from. Maybe knock down the price to $100 because of that. Just spit-balling here.

Last edited by Barresi on Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hasler09
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Hasler09

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 3:25 pm

I think the soundcheck thing was a great idea, I only saw all this AFTER the thing was dropped. I have to say though SURELY this should be just for 45 club members...at least firstly and for free. A raffle or something? I completely understand the outrage at the price...although i would have paid it, does that mean i should have had to? 3 versions of the album two gigs already for the new tour and a 45 club member....how much more money do i have to pay to get cool things like this to happen.
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 3:26 pm

It's absolutely ridiculous that people complained about this. I wasn't planning to take advantage of the offer, but I don't see how you could possibly be mad that the offer existed. It was a nice additional opportunity for fans who felt like doing it. Nobody was forcing anybody to spend anything. Why complain about the existence of something that doesn't affect you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 3:27 pm

Hasler09 wrote:
I think the soundcheck thing was a great idea, I only saw all this AFTER the thing was dropped. I have to say though SURELY this should be just for 45 club members...at least firstly and for free. A raffle or something? I completely understand the outrage at the price...although i would have paid it, does that mean i should have had to? 3 versions of the album two gigs already for the new tour and a 45 club member....how much more money do i have to pay to get cool things like this to happen.

I am exactly in this same camp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pre Show Packages
Page 2 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next