DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pre Show Packages

Go down 
+69
zerb012345
LuceroDiehard
cms35
joberschlake
Debonair
TLRRescue
Boyfromlittleeden
flannel
matkins
biggs
mingus
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
FrankieG
Soozy Creamcheese
HolyBreakOfDay
colmillionaire
redheadchick
luckyman
dlbia
TGAFAN25
Hamma14
mja271
BSouls97
makemyday1980
aelliott88
macci
azlisa
Spc66
cmigs
bradleyjp
markbarlow
shredderrrrrr
JukeboxJuliet
mirrorenigma
steady now steady now
jensomniac
Anya_TGA
rumham
jdc
The Angry Johnny Revue
bt211
Romain
PPQ
Steve70s
jac185
CluckyB
StitchesOnTheRadio
NeverTrustAJunkie
Jerseyrain
pleasepassthesoup
Hasler09
bootime
Zach_Edelman
moosicmaniac
enola
CapedAvenger
The_River
cdala
_rebekka_
Jaws
GlennR
kristyn
njguy99
chong138
miked331
SirBrad
ral
kappanera
lol_paul_ledoux
73 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
lol_paul_ledoux
A Contender
A Contender

Pre Show Packages Empty
PostSubject: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 12:10 pm

http://www.tgapreshowpackage.com/

$125 for some awesome experience. Where does the fan club discount show up?
Back to top Go down
kappanera
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
kappanera

Pre Show Packages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 12:18 pm

IMHO is way too much.Sadly I will never be able to afford it and I guess now it will be useless to show up early to be in the front..
I'm not judging Gaslight for this (like a lot of people are doing on the fb page instead), the experience must be really really awesome, I just hope they have a fanbase strong enough to support this new thing.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

Pre Show Packages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 12:20 pm

what the hell happened to this band?
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

Pre Show Packages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 12:26 pm

major label BS. It starts with 8 versions of an album release - and now this...

hey, for us 45 Club Members it'll only be $87.50 on top of yout ticket price and not $125  Neutral 
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

Pre Show Packages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 12:27 pm

I think this is awesome. Nobody is forced to do this .

And people being critical about the price be realistic. Only fan club members will even consider this, right right there it's under $90.

For what you get that's a good deal. If they made this any cheaper then everyone would want to go and they'd be basically playing a double header every night.

I'm real exited about the downloads as maybe that means we will start getting the actual shows down the road.
Back to top Go down
chong138
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Pre Show Packages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 12:28 pm

So this DOES NOT include entry into the actual show....correct? So people would watch the soundcheck, then leave and re-enter later?
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

Pre Show Packages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 12:30 pm

That's a good point...I guess always remember, nobody is forced to do any of this.

You can simply spend $15 on a single CD release and $40 on a concert ticket and that $55 gets you a lot. Everything else is way extra if you choose.
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

Pre Show Packages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 12:31 pm

SirBrad wrote:
major label BS.  It starts with 8 versions of an album release - and now this...

hey, for us 45 Club Members it'll only be $87.50 on top of yout ticket price and not $125  Neutral 

So this should be included in the ticket?

I don't get why people don't take into account what's going on in the record industry. We all know how much music gets stolen nowadays. I don't understand why people get annoyed when bands try to make money. This is their job after all.

I don't think they are selling 17K soundcheck tickets per night. If it's too steep don't go.
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

Pre Show Packages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 12:32 pm

SirBrad wrote:
That's a good point...I guess always remember, nobody is forced to do any of this.

You can simply spend $15 on a single CD release and $40 on a concert ticket and that $55 gets you a lot.  Everything else is way extra if you choose.

I replied before this. Wasn't trying to start an argument but yeah that's what I'm saying.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

Pre Show Packages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 12:37 pm

chong138 wrote:
So this DOES NOT include entry into the actual show....correct?  So people would watch the soundcheck, then leave and re-enter later?

it states early entry, so you might have to leave but get in another line for early entry.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

Pre Show Packages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 12:38 pm

miked331 wrote:
SirBrad wrote:

You can simply spend $15 on a single CD release and $40 on a concert ticket and that $55 gets you a lot.  Everything else is way extra if you choose.

I replied before this. Wasn't trying to start an argument but yeah that's what I'm saying.

Nope, you make good points. You're also right, it's not like bands make a ton (if any) of money off of music sales which is why all they do all the extras.
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

Pre Show Packages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 12:39 pm

Ok so how to I apply my fan club discount?
Back to top Go down
lol_paul_ledoux
A Contender
A Contender

Pre Show Packages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 12:53 pm

miked331 wrote:
Ok so how to I apply my fan club discount?

they tweeted out that an email is coming with directions?
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

Pre Show Packages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 12:58 pm

People are freaking out in twitter of course.

You know what The Gaslight Anthem should play in my backyard for free.
Why not? I already bought 3 versions of the album and a ticket.

In fact Bruce owes me way more....
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

Pre Show Packages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 1:00 pm

miked331 wrote:
People are freaking out in twitter of course.

You know what The Gaslight Anthem should play in my backyard for free.
Why not? I already bought 3 versions of the album and a ticket.

In fact Bruce owes me way more....

cheers High Five Clap Clap Clap 
Back to top Go down
kristyn
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
kristyn

Pre Show Packages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 1:05 pm

Yay! I am going to join the fan club now! I hope I will still get the email with the discount code, even though I am late to the fan club party. I bet they will have several people who will be in this situation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kristynchildres.com
GlennR
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Pre Show Packages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 1:07 pm

I am happy the band is able to make money as musicians. Good for them.

That doesn't change how awful this package is. Selling early-entry GA is never a good idea. The best shows have fans down front who want to be there, not those who paid more to get there. Gaslight already has a paid fan club - those are the people who should be offered early entry. Further, if that benefit was offered, they could easily justify a higher fanclub price.

If the band is really looking to monetize their tour more, they should start with playing better and longer shows. I would have no issue with just paying more for a ticket, particularly if I knew it was going to be at a good venue and the band was going to play for 150 minutes.

Back to top Go down
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

Pre Show Packages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 1:07 pm

I'm just wondering if this includes access to the actual show. If that's the case, I'm definitely in.
Back to top Go down
_rebekka_
A Contender
A Contender
_rebekka_

Pre Show Packages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 1:08 pm

Those pre show packages make me sad and I am disappointed and I must admit I didn't see this coming. I have seen Gaslight 53 times all over Europe in the last couple of years and always loved their shows. And what made those shows special to me was queuing with my friends so that we could all stand and enjoy the show together in the front row. These packages take that away from us cause when we the "normal", not paying 125$ people get in the package people will already be in the front. So instead of having the real fans, those that follow them from city to city, in the front The Gaslight Anthem choose to have the rich people in the front.

I am a day one member of the 45RPM club and I always had hope that they will finally pull it of and make the fan club as great as they were always saying they would make it. And now we get a 30% pre show package discount... in my opinion early entry should be for free for fan club members. Many other fan clubs have that like Pearl Jam's 10 Club, which Brian said was the way they wanted to do their own fan club. I would still not be the biggest fan of a pre show package with a soundcheck cause I think also sounchecks should be for fan club members and also doing a public soundcheck every evening will ruin it for the band and I can imagine that they will get annoyed of this. But I could live with a pre show package without the early entry...

I don't like the directions Gaslight is going with this. And no one can tell me that it's just the label's decision.

Last edited by _rebekka_ on Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GlennR
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Pre Show Packages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 1:13 pm

Barresi wrote:
I'm just wondering if this includes access to the actual show. If that's the case, I'm definitely in.

It does not
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

Pre Show Packages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 1:16 pm

Yeah, I'm not into this. They need to decide what kind of band they want to be, and imo this is not a step in the right direction.

If it included the ticket price, I could maybe get on board. But still, bands make money off of merch sales. Not our fault they have crappy merch (again, imo).
In 2012 I went to shows both on the European and the US tours, and they had 1 tour shirt, and it was the exact same tshirt design on both just with different dates in the back. Yeah, I wasn't going to buy 2 shirts of the same design, same colour, just because they had different tour dates in the back. So I ended up not buying anything. Granted, I imagine not many people go to both tours, but still, if they want to make money they need to be smarter about this.
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

Pre Show Packages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 1:16 pm

Why are we ignoring the fact that people that would consider buying this are most likely diehard fans who would want to or at least try to be down front anyway?

What's the difference between selling a few early entry GA or seats?

They won't be selling 6000 of these a night
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

Pre Show Packages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 1:32 pm

They have a couple of great t shirts upcoming. One is designed by Brad Clifford, their guitar tech, and it looks neat.

On a side note. Don't like it? Don't buy it. If nobody pays for this then they won't do it.
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

Pre Show Packages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 1:35 pm

Wow. Lots of negativity.

I think it's a really good idea. US$125 ~ GB£75. Minus the 30% fan club discount, that puts it at a shade over £50. I don't think that's bad value, when you consider the tickets for the UK shows are around £30. And you know what, if you do think they're bad value, don't buy one.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

Pre Show Packages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 1:48 pm

I understand that some of you are upset by this announcement but as it was already said, nobody HAS to buy the pre gig packages. Nobody forces you to.

Personally I think they offer quite a lot in this package, a much better deal than many other bands who sell VIP packages. Doesn't mean I'm going to buy one for every gig I'm going to but I would buy one for Vienna most probably to take our kid. And it also doesn't mean that I turn my back on a band I really really like just because I don't like everything they do. I think it is a brave step to try something new even if it is not for everyone.

And regarding the front row spots: I assume that the front row in the venues they play hold around 50 people at least. My best guess is that less than 50 of these packages will be sold per show of which not everyone wants to be in the front, so I am sure there will still be enough room for the ones that queue. Also the other 3950 people who are not in the front also have fun, don't they?

And I must say I am sick of the "real fan" statements. What makes somebody a real fan? I am sure there is more than one criteria for that. Nobody is better than anyone else in that audience that very night. Everyone came to see a band play they like.

Anyway I am sure the gigs will be great and a lot of fun and I am still looking very much forward to the tour!

Last edited by enola on Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Sponsored content

Pre Show Packages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pre Show Packages
Page 1 of 16Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next