DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pre Show Packages

Go down 
+68
zerb012345
LuceroDiehard
cms35
joberschlake
Debonair
TLRRescue
Boyfromlittleeden
flannel
matkins
biggs
mingus
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
FrankieG
Soozy Creamcheese
HolyBreakOfDay
colmillionaire
redheadchick
luckyman
dlbia
TGAFAN25
Hamma14
mja271
BSouls97
makemyday1980
aelliott88
macci
azlisa
Spc66
cmigs
bradleyjp
shredderrrrrr
JukeboxJuliet
mirrorenigma
steady now steady now
jensomniac
Anya_TGA
rumham
jdc
The Angry Johnny Revue
bt211
Romain
PPQ
Steve70s
jac185
CluckyB
StitchesOnTheRadio
NeverTrustAJunkie
Jerseyrain
pleasepassthesoup
Hasler09
bootime
Zach_Edelman
moosicmaniac
enola
CapedAvenger
The_River
cdala
_rebekka_
Jaws
GlennR
kristyn
njguy99
chong138
miked331
SirBrad
ral
kappanera
lol_paul_ledoux
72 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16
AuthorMessage
Tonybaloney36
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Pre Show Packages - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 4:42 pm

Went to the pre-show yesterday in Cardiff. Amazing experience to get up so close to the band and watch them playing a few songs. I don't suppose this is a spoiler as they change the songs each night, but yesterday afternoon they played Mulholland Drive, Wherefore Art Thou Elvis, Halloween, Queen of Lower Chelsea and Stray Paper. Brian asked if we had any questions and effectively there was then a chat between the fans there and the band. So cool. Fantastic experience, if I ever had the chance again I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Back to top Go down
MarkC
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MarkC

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 5:15 pm

Sounds pretty similar to London then, with the whole interaction between the Band and the Fans after the few songs.

Just wondering did they play many of the Pre-Show songs during the main set ? We got American Slang, Selected Poems and Underneath the Ground for both, and Stay Lucky and Meet me by the River's Edge just in the Pre-Show.

Also how awesome is the Simpson's Print ?!?! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tonybaloney36
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 6:20 pm

Yeah, they did Mulholland, Halloween and Stray Paper in the main show too. I love Rivers Edge, they played that in the show. I was also hoping for either 1930 or We Came to Dance, but they played both! Awesome. We got Patient Ferris Wheel too. The list goes on, it was epic!
Back to top Go down
michaelphillips
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
michaelphillips

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 5:05 pm

Went to the pre-show in Birmingham yesterday, wasn't sure what to be expect but I enjoyed it and felt it was worth the money - The Simpsons print is bloody fantastic, just need to get it home in one piece now! They played House of the Rising Sun cover with John from Deer Tick doing some of the vocals, Underneath the Ground, Halloween, Howl and then a Q & A and a proposal (congrats to them!) before finishing with She Loves You. Brian was great as usual, answered quite a few questions from at least 40 or so people who came, quite a lot I thought! I could listen to him talk for hours, I find everything he has to say interesting! Ever so slightly disappointed that they played 3 songs that were then in the setlist for that night, would have been nice to have some more that weren't but I appreciate its a soundcheck so they probably want to do some which they will play that night (getting Halloween was great though as I hadn't seen that live).

It will be interesting to see if they do it again, I would definitely go for it again if I was sure that the songs they played in the pre-show would be different to the ones in the set for the actual gig.
Back to top Go down
Boyfromlittleeden
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 7:49 pm

Thank you for the congrats michael - and for being there to share that crazy moment with us!
Back to top Go down
biggs
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
biggs

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 8:00 pm

Went to the Edinburgh pre show not knowing what to expect and here are my thoughts
1 .waited about 10 - 15 mins to get in and handed our v.i.p lanyard pass and taken to front of venue and band were on stage waiting and for the life of me cannot remember the songs they performed apart from a rather ramshackle Sultans of Swing ,Dire Straits and no interaction till the end when Brian asked for questions and i asked "any performer living or dead you would love to or would love to have performed with and Brian said straight off Jimi Hendrix as did Benny almost at the same time.
2. no disposable cameras so just phones used and i clicked away for a while and got a lot but no video as we were asked not too.
3.Merchandise stall had a disapointing selection sadly as i wanted the baseball style get hurt but they had not been brought on tour so settled for a arrows one and they were running short on sizes sadly .
4. got the print that i managed to get back to my hotel without damaging
overall good experience but would not do again but glad i did Clap
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 1:18 pm

There won't be any of these pre show packages anymore on the next tour but Brian said they had several cool ideas for the fans, not necessarily with additional cost. Quite excited to find out what that all will be!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Boyfromlittleeden
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 3:27 pm

If the band have made the decision to not do the pre shows again then I feel really privileged to have been a part of one - so worth it!
Back to top Go down
bootime
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 1:03 am

Pretty disappointed to hear they won't be doing them again...
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 2:38 am

I'm sure there will be other cool stuff!
Back to top Go down
cms35
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 1:15 pm

It's a bummer, but I am not surprised. Kind of unchartered waters for this and at times it showed, but I still thought it was interesting, different, and a cool experience. The variation from city to city made it interesting, that's for sure. Every one of these (like every show) was unique (just based on what happened at mine in comparison to what others have said about theirs).

What I liked was we were left alone with the band and people could (and were) interacting with them (albeit from 20 feet away, but…). There weren't babysitters (that I could see anyhow) or folks lining us up for an over-priced impersonal cattle-call photo op. We walked in and it just rolled from there…which, depending on how they felt that day, meant you got 2 songs, or 6, and it lasted 15 minutes or 45. <-- And therein lies the differences of opinion on whether it was "worth it."
Back to top Go down
Tonybaloney36
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 4:37 pm

Has anyone received the download info for the European shows yet?
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 7:12 pm

Tonybaloney36 wrote:

Yes, they were sent out today.
Back to top Go down
MarkC
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MarkC

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 11:47 pm

Yep they've been sent out this evening.

Apparently some of the Pre-Shows weren't recorded because of Technical Difficulties so they've sent everybody Recordings from 9 of the Pre-Shows (Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, both Manchester nights, London, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Birmingham).

Pretty awesome of them to do this although it is a bit of a shame for those whose Pre-Shows weren't recorded.

Still though 9 Live recordings is a pretty awesome thing to come home from work to Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shredderrrrrr
A Contender
A Contender
shredderrrrrr

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 1:09 am

Shame they aren't continuing them. But considering how much shit they got for them and the amount of work they put into (some of) them, it is understandable. Hell, playing 5-6 songs with a Q&A for an audience is like playing an entire opening set.
Back to top Go down
shredderrrrrr
A Contender
A Contender
shredderrrrrr

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 1:11 am

Also, while I thought it was a waste at first, I have grown to love the fact they handed out disposable cameras. I have been using them (my wife and I's) since the show and am so stoked to go develop the film whenever we finish the rolls. Every time I use it, people are amazed that I have a disposable camera. It's really neat getting to go back to the old technology for a little bit.
Back to top Go down
PPQ
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 4:51 am

Was a great surprise to me to get this bunch of songs instead the 4,5 from Berlin. 30 songs, 1 hour 50 minutes - this is brilliant, because some of them are very great. Its a kind of work in progress, you can hear how some of the newer songs grow. Great.
Back to top Go down
http://politplatschquatsch.com
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 5:18 am

please note that links to rips of these Pre-Show recordings must not be posted on this forum

for details see the Admin note at https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t5825-admin-links-to-rips-of-the-pre-show-recordings-must-not-be-posted-on-this-forum
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
biggs
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
biggs

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 10:02 am

enola wrote:
Tonybaloney36 wrote:

Yes, they were sent out today.
I went to the Edinburgh show in november and still awaiting my download ,i emailed them yesterday but maybe not around on a weekend pale
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pre Show Packages
Page 16 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16