DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pre Show Packages

Go down 
+69
zerb012345
LuceroDiehard
cms35
joberschlake
Debonair
TLRRescue
Boyfromlittleeden
flannel
matkins
biggs
mingus
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
FrankieG
Soozy Creamcheese
HolyBreakOfDay
colmillionaire
redheadchick
luckyman
dlbia
TGAFAN25
Hamma14
mja271
BSouls97
makemyday1980
aelliott88
macci
azlisa
Spc66
cmigs
bradleyjp
markbarlow
shredderrrrrr
JukeboxJuliet
mirrorenigma
steady now steady now
jensomniac
Anya_TGA
rumham
jdc
The Angry Johnny Revue
bt211
Romain
PPQ
Steve70s
jac185
CluckyB
StitchesOnTheRadio
NeverTrustAJunkie
Jerseyrain
pleasepassthesoup
Hasler09
bootime
Zach_Edelman
moosicmaniac
enola
CapedAvenger
The_River
cdala
_rebekka_
Jaws
GlennR
kristyn
njguy99
chong138
miked331
SirBrad
ral
kappanera
lol_paul_ledoux
73 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
bootime
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Pre Show Packages - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 3:18 pm

enola wrote:
Times seem to be different per venue. For Vienna it's entry at 3:30 / soundcheck at 4.

3:30 entry / 4:00 soundcheck for Nashville, as well...
Back to top Go down
Spc66
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 3:25 pm

Alexandra Palace is also 3.30 - 4.00
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 4:28 pm

Probably has something to do with when the show start?
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 12:43 pm

Wow, those Simpsons drawings. That is the biggest perk! WHY DIDNT THEY ADVERTISE THAT BEFORE!?!????!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 1:09 pm

https://twitter.com/alexgaslight/status/508272625685389312

Everybody coming to our pre show will get a signed print drawn my Simpsons animator Edwin Aguilar

Pre Show Packages - Page 9 Image32

My husband seems to be more excited about this print than about the actual preshow. Haha
Back to top Go down
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender
JukeboxJuliet

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 3:45 pm

Hmmm interesting that's earlier than I thought. Sounds like there will likely be a separate area for pre-show ticket holders to assemble, so that may answer some questions people had about lines.

I wonder exactly how long the sound check will last.

I found a hotel within walking distance of the venue I'm going to, so I'd actually be ok with an early-ish sound check and then having a few hours of downtime between that and the actual show to go drop off any posters/merch and take advantage of free hotel beverages, but I could see where that early time could be a conflict for some as well.

Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 1:32 pm

I don't know what to do... I WANT to be in the first row, and I wonder if the people with pre show packages must queue again for the main show or not... If yes, they will be in the back, won't they? I don't know...
Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 2:03 pm

enola wrote:
https://twitter.com/alexgaslight/status/508272625685389312

Everybody coming to our pre show will get a signed print drawn my Simpsons animator Edwin Aguilar

Pre Show Packages - Page 9 Image32

My husband seems to be more excited about this print than about the actual preshow. Haha

I would pay 75 for just the drawing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
shredderrrrrr
A Contender
A Contender
shredderrrrrr

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 4:08 pm

For those of you going to the early shows in the tour, I’d love to hear your experience with this! I’m curious whether it is like a pre-show performance or if it is more like just sitting in the corner watching the soundcheck.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 5:05 pm

mingus wrote:
enola wrote:
Times seem to be different per venue. For Vienna it's entry at 3:30 / soundcheck at 4.

Where did you find the exact times? Not on http://tgapreshowpackage.com, as far as I can see?

More specific, do you know the exact time for the Brussels preshow? Smile

And indeed, it would be lovely if the people that are going could share their experiences, I'd love to know if it's worth it.

I got an email with the details for the show I purchased the preshow package for. I guess it depends on the door times and the venue policies but I think I remember that Alex said on twitter that all preshows are around that time.
Back to top Go down
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender
JukeboxJuliet

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 9:24 pm

A friend of mine text me that Gaslight will apparently be hanging out and eating pizza with the pre-show ticket holders after the pre-show tomorrow.

Back to top Go down
macci
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 11:37 am

CutToRibbons wrote:
A friend of mine text me that Gaslight will apparently be hanging out and eating pizza with the pre-show ticket holders after the pre-show tomorrow.

Indeed they are. I wonder if they are going to do something for every pre-show.
Back to top Go down
Soozy Creamcheese
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 7:13 pm

I'm pretty excited to hear back from people who get to go to the pre-show. I have my tickets for Nashville. Can't wait!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 7:21 pm

I'm waiting as well. I'm ready for Minneapolis!
Back to top Go down
FrankieG
A Contender
A Contender
FrankieG

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 7:36 pm

HolyBreakOfDay wrote:
I don't know what to do... I WANT to be in the first row, and I wonder if the people with pre show packages must queue again for the main show or not... If yes, they will be in the back, won't they? I don't know...

I did not buy a pre-show package, and have planned my schedule to arrive while the pre-show is going on so that I specifically get a better spot in line than the ones who are in the pre-show.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 7:46 pm

I didn't do the preshow for DC but if anyone's wondering, there were 19 people.
Back to top Go down
Soozy Creamcheese
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 8:28 pm

Wow that isn't a lot of people. I'm OK with losing a front row spot in the show to do this. I've been front row several times now (which don't get me wrong freakin rocks), but this is something I may not get another chance to do.

Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 8:29 pm

No one has any feedback yet?
Back to top Go down
moosicmaniac
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 10:51 pm

FrankieG wrote:
HolyBreakOfDay wrote:

I did not buy a pre-show package, and have planned my schedule to arrive while the pre-show is going on so that I specifically get a better spot in line than the ones who are in the pre-show.

Except that people may save the places of those in the preshow when they drop out of line. I know if I was in line and someone asked me I'd save their spot no problem.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 12:36 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:

That's even less than I estimated. I hope they do sell more as the tour goes on. With the perks they added in the last weeks and the relatively low number of people attending, it sounds even more like a great and intimate experience and well worth the price!
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 3:12 am

enola wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:

That's even less than I estimated. I hope they do sell more as the tour goes on. With the perks they added in the last weeks and the relatively low number of people attending, it sounds even more like a great and intimate experience and well worth the price!

I also didn't do it (I was with Shelby's pack - hello, all) but spoke with a few folks who did it and some venue staff as well. The 930 Club is a bit different in terms of how they do entrance to the venue - the first 35 people in line are allowed into the "Backbar" to order food and drinks about an hour before doors, and then are allowed on the floor five minutes before doors open to allow for them to get their spots. I was told (by the venue) that they allowed the preshow patrons into Backbar, and then counted off the rest from the general line outside to total 35. I should note that more than 16 of us were allowed downstairs, so it may be that not everyone who did the preshow chose to stay at the venue and instead went elsewhere to eat, drink, etc.

Reviews were mixed (I didn't hear anyone say it was "great" but no one said "awful" either). They let everyone in about a half an hour after the listed time, and the band played for about five or six songs - nothing I'd considered super rare, but not necessarily things I'd expect to hear on this tour ("Drive", "Navesink" and some others). I didn't get into specifics on the cameras, etc. The band then sent out pizza based on the tweets from the other day - some were disappointed because they thought the band would be eating pizza WITH them, whereas eventually Alex L. and Benny came out to chat but the others did not. Since I wasn't part of it, I won't speak to the value, and I won't speak to whether things smooth out as the tour moves forward.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 3:19 am

Thanks for sharing!
I'm curious to hear more about the preshow as the tour proceeds....
Back to top Go down
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender
JukeboxJuliet

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 12:21 pm

Thank you for sharing. Really curious to hear more experiences as the tour goes on at a couple different venues before I decide to purchase. Only 19 people seems like a very small number for an area where they have a big following.... in some of the areas where they're not as popular, what would happen if only 4 or 5 people showed up for the pre-show!? LOL I mean, in a way it might be cool, but does anyone else think that might be sort of, uh, awkward as well?
Back to top Go down
shredderrrrrr
A Contender
A Contender
shredderrrrrr

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 6:21 pm

CutToRibbons wrote:
Thank you for sharing. Really curious to hear more experiences as the tour goes on at a couple different venues before I decide to purchase. Only 19 people seems like a very small number for an area where they have a big following.... in some of the areas where they're not as popular, what would happen if only 4 or 5 people showed up for the pre-show!? LOL I mean, in a way it might be cool, but does anyone else think that might be sort of, uh, awkward as well?

I've done pre-show things where there were literally only me and 3 other people (granted, it was for a band smaller than Gaslight) and it was awesome. With someone as charismatic as Brian, I imagine it would be a great experience. I could only see it being awkward if the band made it that way (or if you would otherwise feel awkward having a band essentially playing for a small group).
Back to top Go down
macci
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 10:31 am

Did anyone go to the preshow night two? I'm looking forward to PNC Saturday!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pre Show Packages
Page 9 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next