DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pre Show Packages

Go down 
+68
zerb012345
LuceroDiehard
cms35
joberschlake
Debonair
TLRRescue
Boyfromlittleeden
flannel
matkins
biggs
mingus
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
FrankieG
Soozy Creamcheese
HolyBreakOfDay
colmillionaire
redheadchick
luckyman
dlbia
TGAFAN25
Hamma14
mja271
BSouls97
makemyday1980
aelliott88
macci
azlisa
Spc66
cmigs
bradleyjp
shredderrrrrr
JukeboxJuliet
mirrorenigma
steady now steady now
jensomniac
Anya_TGA
rumham
jdc
The Angry Johnny Revue
bt211
Romain
PPQ
Steve70s
jac185
CluckyB
StitchesOnTheRadio
NeverTrustAJunkie
Jerseyrain
pleasepassthesoup
Hasler09
bootime
Zach_Edelman
moosicmaniac
enola
CapedAvenger
The_River
cdala
_rebekka_
Jaws
GlennR
kristyn
njguy99
chong138
miked331
SirBrad
ral
kappanera
lol_paul_ledoux
72 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

Pre Show Packages - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 12:23 pm

macci wrote:
Did anyone go to the preshow night two? I'm looking forward to PNC Saturday!

I didn't but there were fewer people this time (which makes sense on a two-night stand), supposedly around 10. I believe someone said that the "rarities" were even less so this time, but I couldn't tell you any specific songs.

What was interesting this time - if you saw my post about the first night and how they were letting the pre-show people into the "Backbar" before those who were outside in line is a middle-aged guy who tried to join the separate pre-show line and got somewhat argumentative with the club staff about being made to go back and stand in the regular line. I didn't catch everything so I'm not sure what his specific issue was, but it took several minutes to "resolve." If other venues on the tour have similar early entry deals, or if the pre-show folks somehow do get access to the floor before those waiting in line, I'd be curious to hear if there are any more incidents (this was hardly an "incident" in that sense).
Back to top Go down
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mike_Millburys_Shoe

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 6:19 pm

jdc wrote:
macci wrote:
Did anyone go to the preshow night two? I'm looking forward to PNC Saturday!

I believe someone said that the "rarities" were even less so this time

Honestly, so early in the tour, this doesn't surprise me too much. Maybe as the tour goes on they will have the opportunity to play rare songs more because it will be less essential to warm up the new songs in the sound check? That being said, my logic here is hinging on the idea that they sound checked a lot of new songs...
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 3:25 am

I don't think they ever said they will play rare songs at the preshow, did they? I understood it will be songs which most likely won't be played during their regular set on this tour.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 4:06 am

From an interview with Alex L.

Hatchet: You tweeted that you were going to be giving fans haircuts while on tour.

Levine: Yeah, it’s crazy. I always get people to ask me, ‘Can I get a haircut? When are you going to open a barbershop?’ And I was like, ‘Well, I don’t really have time’ (laughs). But now I thought you know what, with these VIP packages, we’re doing a pre-show hangout where we’re going to hang out with everybody that comes to it. I figured it might be kind of cool if people want haircuts, I’ll figure it out on the road. Maybe it’ll be whoever contacts me first on Twitter, from whoever’s coming to the pre-show. We’ll do it right before the pre-show, outside the bus or something.

Back to top Go down
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 11:22 am

Huh, interesting "pre-show hangout where we're going to hang out with everybody that comes to it."

I am holding back commenting on the pre-show experience until after tonight's PNC gig. Not sure how much yesterday's events affected the experience, beyond the schedule sliding a great deal (understandably of course).

The Simpsons print they've all hand-signed is wonderful.
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 11:28 am

Can you buy these day if the show?
Back to top Go down
bootime
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 1:25 pm

jensomniac wrote:
Huh, interesting "pre-show hangout where we're going to hang out with everybody that comes to it."

I am holding back commenting on the pre-show experience until after tonight's PNC gig. Not sure how much yesterday's events affected the experience, beyond the schedule sliding a great deal (understandably of course).

The Simpsons print they've all hand-signed is wonderful.

Looking forward to hearing your comments.
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 4:04 pm

enola wrote:
I don't think they ever said they will play rare songs at the preshow, did they? I understood it will be songs which most likely won't be played during their regular set on this tour.

I think the original package said "rare" songs, which might mean different things to different people depending on when they became a fan and how many times they've seen them. I remember when I saw them during the Handwritten tour, a guy I was standing next to freaked out because he saw the setlist had them starting with "High Lonesome." I don't consider that a rare song (maybe I will if it doesn't get played much in the next two years), but it's possible that if they played "Our Father's Sons" or something like that, most of the people in the pre-show would be unfamiliar with it.
Back to top Go down
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 6:06 pm

We got Angry Johnny to close out the PNC preshow set, which I've only heard live once before, so that was personally pretty great for me.

Much to say about this as referenced earlier; but right now I offer this - and keep in mind we are only on the fourth show tonight of the tour, hard to say how this will continue to morph:

1) They technically sound check per usual then the pre-show gaggle is invited in for a five song set, using Brian's words, "ala a VH1 Storytellers" experience.  Good audience banter and some background on the songs, which is cool insight to how/why the song made a record or not, how it was arranged or written, etc.

2) In context of Philly and NJ, not sure what is happening about the one photo pass "award". In talking to folks who did DC, it does not sound like it was given out there either. I thought for someone to be given the opportunity was pretty great, no matter how much a 'luck of the draw' thing it was going to be.
Back to top Go down
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender
JukeboxJuliet

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 6:19 pm

jensomniac wrote:
We got Angry Johnny to close out the PNC preshow set, which I've only heard live once before, so that was personally pretty great for me.

Much to say about this as referenced earlier; but right now I offer this - and keep in mind we are only on the fourth show tonight of the tour, hard to say how this will continue to morph:

1) They technically sound check per usual then the pre-show gaggle is invited in for a five song set, using Brian's words, "ala a VH1 Storytellers" experience.  Good audience banter and some background on the songs, which is cool insight to how/why the song made a record or not, how it was arranged or written, etc.

2) In context of Philly and NJ, not sure what is happening about the one photo pass "award". In talking to folks who did DC, it does not sound like it was given out there either. I thought for someone to be given the opportunity was pretty great, no matter how much a 'luck of the draw' thing it was going to be.

Thanks for sharing. Just curious how many people would you say attended the pre-show you were at? Also, did anyone from the band come out afterwards?
Back to top Go down
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 6:26 pm

Philly: 30+
NJ: 50-60

Alex L talked to/took pix with a mom and small kid; but if they came out after, I did not see them as I was on my way. Both Philly and NJ they "flushed" the venue back to empty.
Back to top Go down
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender
JukeboxJuliet

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 7:13 pm

Interesting. Ok, thank you for sharing that! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
macci
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 2:02 am

jensomniac wrote:
Philly: 30+
NJ: 50-60

Alex L talked to/took pix with a mom and small kid; but if they came out after, I did not see them as I was on my way. Both Philly and NJ they "flushed" the venue back to empty.

Is this the Jen that we waited in line with!?? Smile

Chris & Christina
Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 7:08 am

Can you remember the 5 songs that were being played?
Back to top Go down
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 1:56 pm

Chris & Christina, check your PM Smile

The 5 NJ songs were High Lonesome, Navesink Banks, Old White Lincoln, Senor and the Queen and Angry Johnny and the Radio (don't quote me on the NB, OWL, SATQ order).

Not sure when I'll pop back on to sum up my thoughts on the preshow pkgs, last night was so good I have an alcohol-free show hangover I'm reveling in.
Back to top Go down
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 2:23 pm

Putting this in a spoiler since I did two preshows and my writeup ended up quite lengthy. Comments are not overtly critical, but rather a conveyance of thoughts about the product I purchased versus the actual experience. Bottom line: it still comes down to the choice we fans have as to whether we want to purchase the experience, or not.

Philly & NJ Preshow Review:

Last edited by jensomniac on Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shredderrrrrr
A Contender
A Contender
shredderrrrrr

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 3:13 pm

jensomniac wrote:
Putting this in a spoiler since I did two preshows and my writeup ended up quite lengthy. Comments are not overtly critical, but rather a conveyance of thoughts about the product I purchased versus the actual experience. Bottom line: it still comes down to the choice we fans have as to whether we want to purchase the experience, or not.

Philly & NJ Preshow Review:

Thanks for this! Very helpful in deciding whether or not to spend the money.
Back to top Go down
Soozy Creamcheese
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 3:18 pm

Thanks for the write up. I'm still pretty excited even with the details. :-)
Back to top Go down
Spc66
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 3:44 pm

Thanks for the review . It could be one of things that if you do it you wish you hadn't and if you don't you wish you had .
Glad I got one though . It would be interesting to see if the photo pass surfaces .
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 4:58 pm

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us, Jen.
Back to top Go down
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 5:26 pm

You are very welcome everyone. Remember it's still only my take on things, so therefore subjective. If you are doing it (@Soozy Creamcheese), enjoy it!!!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 7:45 pm

Jen, that was a really good write up. I did the Philly preshow too and I agree 100% with your comments. It will be interesting to see how/if the pre-shows change as the tour continues. Most of the people I've talked to don't regret the experience, even enjoyed it, but probably wouldn't do it again as is. But its still early!
Back to top Go down
chong138
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 3:53 pm

When are the downloads supposed to be available?
Back to top Go down
macci
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 4:11 pm

To add to what Jen said for PNC - While we were online in the rain, the band sound-checked Cowgirls & Helter. We all thought they forgot about us. Once inside, my wife & I loved the actual pre-show performance by the band (5 songs from the front row & they sounded awesome), but the rest of it fell a little short of expectations (Started late, hardly any merch available, no vinyl giveaway, it was over very quickly).

Just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
shredderrrrrr
A Contender
A Contender
shredderrrrrr

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 5:07 pm

macci wrote:
To add to what Jen said for PNC - While we were online in the rain, the band sound-checked Cowgirls & Helter. We all thought they forgot about us. Once inside, my wife & I loved the actual pre-show performance by the band (5 songs from the front row & they sounded awesome), but the rest of it fell a little short of expectations (Started late, hardly any merch available, no vinyl giveaway, it was over very quickly).

Just my 2 cents.

Man, a five-song performance though? That's pretty awesome. I think if they just managed to personalize it a bit (whether taking requests and or talking with/meeting the fans), it would be a no-brainer to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pre Show Packages
Page 10 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next