DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013

Go down 
+49
rumham
DeathoftheCool
Steve70s
Jack
f1schu111
redheadchick
moosicmaniac
jensomniac
simo
matkins
TheWaxAndTheNeedle
steady now steady now
BuddyHolly
saraM87
zerb012345
luckyman
TGAFAN25
njguy99
eagles1139
Bobul
osumarko
Halcyon
prettyontheinsidex
SirBrad
sinkorswimmydear
Anya_TGA
bt211
brucesboots
HorribleCrowe
cdala
El Jefe
33RPMHero
enola
Debonair
cmigs
lol_paul_ledoux
Hanswurst
Jerseyrain
JimmyB
CapedAvenger
HeroOfVirtue
NeverTrustAJunkie
thomas94
bringiton_ty
StitchesOnTheRadio
moonlight
Holland
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Shrewsbury_Stars
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013   The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 4:17 am

simo wrote:
Try Twitter.
unfortunatly i don't have twitter :-/

anyway, thank you for the help and maybe i'll get me an account on there if i don't receive my stuff Smile
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013   The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 1:35 pm

maybe Facebook...
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013   The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 2:01 pm

Did you email them through orders@sideonedummy.com and include your order number?

http://store.sideonedummy.com/customer-service
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013   The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 3:00 pm

Debonair wrote:
Did you email them through orders@sideonedummy.com and include your order number?

http://store.sideonedummy.com/customer-service
yep, that's what i did Smile

i'll try it through facebook in the next days ( thx Anya, i did not think of that way Very Happy) - but the old adress is still the adress of my parents so i'll get the stuff one way o another.Wink

and thank you all for the help, i really appreciate this Hug
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013   The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 2:31 pm

Mine is currently "out for delivery" according to the tracking!
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013   The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 5:34 pm

Mine says it's processing, I don't know if the status changes to shipped after they actually send it.
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013   The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 5:39 pm

Mine has said "shipping info received" since Thursday.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013   The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 10:19 pm

cannot wait to see this tonight, it just arrived!!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013   The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 11:34 pm

matkins wrote:
Mine has said "shipping info received" since Thursday.
Mine too. This is irritating.
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013   The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 6:14 am

finally got the shipped email! yay! "allow 3-4 weeks for delivery"... argh!
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013   The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 8:21 am

This is a really great release. I'm glad they didn't edit out Brian's banter with the crowd so it's literally the entire show.

The DVD is great too . . . the interviews and backstage stuff are a really nice touch.
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013   The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 9:40 am

sounds brilliant! Im curious now as to what the backstage content is. glad none of the show banter has been cut. Really can't wait for this to arrive!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013   The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 2:59 pm

Mine is still in California.  So much for pre-ordering.

I did happen to find it early in a store over the weekend for $12 for the CD so I picked that up at that price.

I gave it one listen.  The songs sound fantastic.  Some of them almost sound too much like the studio versions on Elsie but for the most part they sound like clean/quality live songs.

As for the banter, ugh...I could do without some of it which almost makes it likely I will only listen to this on CD in the future and not on the turntable.  Some of the stuff Brian says is just really awkward.  And the drum rolls, jeez, how many drum rolls do we need in 75 minutes?  Laughing 

For the most part I enjoyed it though.  I am going to watch the DVD tonight, haven't had time to watch it yet.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013   The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 3:21 pm

SirBrad wrote:
 Some of the stuff Brian says is just really awkward.
To quote B-Fall from his solo show at Bowery Ballroom:

"Van Morrison used to complain that Bruce stole his 70's moves . . . Nobody's stolen my moves yet. I can’t wait till someone is like, ‘I stole his 2010 moves, when he was awkward in public.’ ”

Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013   The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 4:13 pm

Aw I love awkward banter at shows from any band!

Great quote SS! haha
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013   The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 4:35 pm

finally got mine! I opened my garage door and it literally feel inside the garage. I'm glad I noticed it so it didn't get run over Shocked . They did a decent job editing Pictures of You out of Ladykiller but if you know what's missing, it's pretty obviously edited (and not just BECAUSE somethings missing, haha). I love that the banter is included. The little interview snippets and what not are pretty cool I just wish they were longer. Each one is like one 5 minute anecdote, which is awesome but I'd love to see more! The longest one has been up on youtube for awhile but the others I hadn't seen before.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013   The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 4:38 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
finally got mine! I opened my garage door and it literally feel inside the garage. I'm glad I noticed it so it didn't get run over Shocked . They did a decent job editing Pictures of You out of Ladykiller but if you know what's missing, it's pretty obviously edited (and not just BECAUSE somethings missing, haha). I love that the banter is included. The little interview snippets and what not are pretty cool I just wish they were longer. Each one is like one 5 minute anecdote, which is awesome but I'd love to see more! The longest one has been up on youtube for awhile but the others I hadn't seen before.
If you listen to the background music during one of the interview snippets they actually play the Pictures of You part from Ladykiller. I wonder if that was unintentional.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013   The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 8:21 pm

So, I got mine today...and I am incredibly happy, but...They sent me the wrong download card. Mine came with the Anti-Flag General Strike EP, not the show...I guess I should email Side One?
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013   The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 8:31 pm

zerb012345 wrote:
So, I got mine today...and I am incredibly happy, but...They sent me the wrong download card. Mine came with the Anti-Flag General Strike EP, not the show...I guess I should email Side One?
That was just a freebie that came with all orders. The download card is in there. Pull the record all the way out of the sleeve.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013   The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 8:35 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
zerb012345 wrote:
That was just a freebie that came with all orders. The download card is in there. Pull the record all the way out of the sleeve.
There it is. Stuck all the way in the bottom. Thanks. I was so excited I just took the first thing I saw.
Back to top Go down
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013   The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 8:35 pm

Kind of bummed that Teenage Dream and Never Tear Us Apart were cut from the DVD - we know the whole show was filmed, so just show it in entirety.

Also agree the interview clips were great but way too short - it was great to hear from Perkins so much!!
Back to top Go down
moosicmaniac
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013   The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 9:20 pm

Jenavesink Banks wrote:
Kind of bummed that Teenage Dream and Never Tear Us Apart were cut from the DVD - we know the whole show was filmed, so just show it in entirety.
There are different licensing restrictions on cover songs for video than audio.
Back to top Go down
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013   The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 10:07 pm

moosicmaniac wrote:
Jenavesink Banks wrote:
There are different licensing restrictions on cover songs for video than audio.
Ah, makes perfect sense, thanks.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013   The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 10:56 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
If you listen to the background music during one of the interview snippets they actually play the Pictures of You part from Ladykiller. I wonder if that was unintentional.
I caught that. I bet they can get away with it because they already got permission to use the audio for the CD. Have I mentioned that I hate copyright rules for music?
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013   The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 9:13 pm

Got my bundle today!  Man, that box was packed with goodness.  Lots of stuff for $50 when you consider you could buy the 20th Anniversary vinyl of In Utero for $75 today if you choose.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013   The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Horrible Crowes: 'Live at the Troubadour' released as LP/DVD and CD/DVD, Sep. 2013
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next