DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)

Go down 
+34
clr
Jerseyrain
NYYFAN523
azlisa
Labhras
Emusic
fullcollapse
simo
DiamondSinatra
bringiton
smetz224
bringiton_ty
dmac
OldManShoes3
SubconsciousRitual
Steve70s
NeverTrustAJunkie
MKULTRA
Jack
Michael Hann
Christophe
Harbortown
IrishNameAndAnInjury
steph
Klown
White Man In Hammersmith
saltandburn1967
njguy99
The Angry Johnny Revue
enola
Holland
StitchesOnTheRadio
Shrewsbury_Stars
LuceroDiehard
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 3:07 am

JackStreetcar wrote:
Matt L wrote:
So the basic consensus of this thread is that Brian is creeped out by the act of being put on a pedestal and that Shelby's cute?

Basically.

I have to say...I'm glad I read this article, because Brian has never voiced his opinion on fan relations.

Seriously, this is the same guy that (before he met Eddie Vedder) said excitedly on a radio interview, "Ohhh and I bet he's a nice guy, too!" That's (generally speaking) all any fan of any band wants. We want to think that the people in the band are generally nice guys. Hey, Brian, you also wrote a love letter to Joe Strummer in the form of a song that some might find "creepy". Relax, dude.

And I know it's not the same thing, but I go outside and talk to audience members after a performance of a play. Every night. I had one of

f night where I needed to be alone, but even then I sucked it up enough to just say hi to the people that wanted to talk to me. I've had weird dudes follow me around afterward and girls hanging too close for comfort, but it's not a big deal, because MOST PEOPLE AREN'T LIKE THAT. They just want to show appreciation for your art. That's it.

EDIT: Also, am I reading that wrong or did he refer to Hot Water Music as part of the NJ punk scene?

"ohh and i bet he's a nice guy!", yet based off of one interivew, he's not a nice guy?

also, creepy? go fuck yourself. who care if Joe Strummer found that song creepy, what i find creepy, is that you are so deeply analyzing someone else's motives to search so deeply just to insult them.

oh you talk to "fans" of your "play"?? that's completely on par! cause not only do THAT MANY HORNY FUCKING TRANSPARENT PEOPLE want to talk to you as they do to Brian, but being in some minor league "play" is totally comparable to being in a band that is blowing up, popularity-wise. totally the same, you might as well be Brian Fucking Fallon Himself Shocked
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 3:12 am

Matt L wrote:
So the basic consensus of this thread is that Brian is creeped out by the act of being put on a pedestal and that Shelby's cute?

BASICALLY YES BUT THAT IS NOT SUFFICIENT!!!!!! WE MUST MAKE MORE OF THE ISSUE AND INFER THAT BRIAN IS A TOTALY JACKASS AND BE INFLAMED ABOIUT I DONT FUCKING KNOW WHAT, BUT IF YOU TELL WE WHAT TO BELIEVE I WILL TOTALLY FOLLOW YOU
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 3:30 am

Klown wrote:
Michael Hann wrote:

Now, as for the creepy bit … The band are obviously torn: a lot of our conversation steered itself - not at my behest - to their desire to remain approachable, but balancing that with the fact they are more and more popular and more and more people want to approach them. It's an almost impossible conundrum. To be an ordinary person you must be available to them; if you are available to them you become, necessarily, a celebrity, and you cease to be an ordinary person. Don't be angry at them for feeling caught.

To me, everyone needs to pay attention to this, it won't sell a paper, or get a hit on a website if it was printed like this. It's a boring headline, that sells more dressed up in more seductive clothing to entice you in and read the rest of the article, but that headline already has it's hook in you and it's in your head for the rest of the article, you then pick out what you want to read and focus on. Some people need to get a bit of perspective in their lives, it's easy to get sucked up in more than the music, I've seen it happen, it's sad, it ruins the music. But, as people are happier to over-react and forget this paragraph that tells the true story of what was said, then what can you do? People fall prey to the media far too easily, here's another example of it.

I agree, reading that is important. It provides some insight and reminds us that a couple quotes out of a 2 hour discussion can be taken the wrong way. It's true people do fall prey to the media. For the most part I try and be wary of that but I still got sucked in by this one. I don't think there's anything wrong with being interested in more than the music with a band though. As long as you recognize that there is a line and that you probably don't have all the information with stuff like this and try to be aware of that. There's nothing wrong though with hoping your favorite band isn't made up of jerks.

And (this isn't directed at you Gordon it's in general) I think we all need to stop insulting each other on this thread. Just because you don't agree with the other side of the argument doesn't mean you gotta insult someone who does. I get the frustration when people overreact but this is hitting people on an emotional level so not everyone's thinking clearly. I'm guilty of it myself. We just need to chill out with each other a bit. People are venting, take it as such.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 3:43 am

Discussion is good, and it's fun, I'm not being a grade A gimp and saying don't discuss folks! But, and not just this thread, but there's quite a few popping up now, where I read through them, and I think...feck, do these people actually like the band? Sure, it's great to find stuff out, and get interesting facts, or learn new stuff that the guys are listening too (happened me last week with Chuck Ragan posting a White Buffalo song on his FB page) I've seen people become so involved in a band, that it really has to consume their thoughts, get so wrapped up in trying to dig deeper than just the music, that I wonder how they can enjoy the music, if every time they hear it, they start going on about negatives.

Now, I'm not stupid enough to think that everyone ticks the same way, that's crazy. What I'm trying to say is, sometimes it's best to take a step back, let it sink in for a few seconds, think about it as a whole, and then think again. It's the media, only there to sell.

The writer of this article, mentioned about me saying it was a 30 minute interview, and then saying there was much more...well, that backs up my point even more, how are you meant to bring across the true scale of the interview in a few columns, when you have that webhit to obtain, or paper to sell. Easy, sensationalise it. It's what they have done from the start, and it's what they will do to the end.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:10 am

Klown wrote:
Discussion is good, and it's fun, I'm not being a grade A gimp and saying don't discuss folks! But, and not just this thread, but there's quite a few popping up now, where I read through them, and I think...feck, do these people actually like the band? Sure, it's great to find stuff out, and get interesting facts, or learn new stuff that the guys are listening too (happened me last week with Chuck Ragan posting a White Buffalo song on his FB page) I've seen people become so involved in a band, that it really has to consume their thoughts, get so wrapped up in trying to dig deeper than just the music, that I wonder how they can enjoy the music, if every time they hear it, they start going on about negatives.

Now, I'm not stupid enough to think that everyone ticks the same way, that's crazy. What I'm trying to say is, sometimes it's best to take a step back, let it sink in for a few seconds, think about it as a whole, and then think again. It's the media, only there to sell.

The writer of this article, mentioned about me saying it was a 30 minute interview, and then saying there was much more...well, that backs up my point even more, how are you meant to bring across the true scale of the interview in a few columns, when you have that webhit to obtain, or paper to sell. Easy, sensationalise it. It's what they have done from the start, and it's what they will do to the end.

YOU ARE BEING FAR TOO RATIONAL, MY FRIEND, I CAN BARELY EVEN INTERPRET WHAT YOU ARE SAYING
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:19 am

steph wrote:
Klown wrote:

YOU ARE BEING FAR TOO RATIONAL, MY FRIEND, I CAN BARELY EVEN INTERPRET WHAT YOU ARE SAYING

Hahaha @ steph

And Gordon I agree 100%. I mean, people have valid points sometimes and can get upset that's totally fair but it does seem to be happening sooo often and I wonder the same thing about do some of these people actually even like the band. And I'm guilty of not thinking very much before I post on here but you're right, sometimes it's good to step back and let it process before you freak out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:21 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
steph wrote:
Klown wrote:

Hahaha @ steph

And Gordon I agree 100%. I mean, people have valid points sometimes and can get upset that's totally fair but it does seem to be happening sooo often and I wonder the same thing about do some of these people actually even like the band. And I'm guilty of not thinking very much before I post on here but you're right, sometimes it's good to step back and let it process before you freak out.
After reflecting on the issue, there's nothing to worry about. Shelby, take a look at your pic (which is excellent btw), Brian clearly loves it!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:26 am

NOT SO QUICK, MR. BARLOW!!!!! MR. FALLON IS NOWHERE TO BE SEEN IN MY AVATAR, CLEARLY HE DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT HIS FANS! silent
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:26 am

But..but..I thought that was you and Brian hanging out, back in the day?
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:32 am

Klown wrote:
But..but..I thought that was you and Brian hanging out, back in the day?

yeah... he took a photo w/ me back in the day *cough* 2009, but lately *me being a total stranger & only seeing him when i stalk his tour bus after shows* he barely remembers my name... what an ungrateful prick Sad i bought SOS before hardly anyone knew of them, he kinda owes me... jerkwad...
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:34 am

Your profile picture looks much longer ago than 2009. Time hasn't been kind to either of you :p
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:38 am

Klown wrote:
Your profile picture looks much longer ago than 2009. Time hasn't been kind to either of you :p

HOW DARE YOU.

I LOOK THE EXACT SAME BUT W/ BIGGER CHESTICLES. perv...
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:39 am

mmmmm chesticles.

But on a fully legal lady only, might I add.
Back to top Go down
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson
White Man In Hammersmith

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:40 am

I think Steph needs to calm down. Complete over reaction. Telling people to "go fuck themselves" is hardly necessary.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:43 am

White Man In Hammersmith wrote:
I think Steph needs to calm down. Complete over reaction. Telling people to "go fuck themselves" is hardly necessary.

speaking for Steph, if i may, Steph is totally calm. Steph is just responding accordingly to ppl are reacting.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:44 am

Steph sounds like JadedPunkHulk. I love it!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:44 am

njguy99 wrote:
Steph sounds like JadedPunkHulk. I love it!

this place makes me jadedpunksteph, i can't help it Neutral
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:45 am

ye i think the first person to bring up people having to fuck themselves just elevated that shit and needs to take five.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faJE92phKzI

classic
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:46 am

not really, maybe if everyone just went & fucked themselves, they wouldn't be up their own asses about what some musician said instead! cheers
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:50 am

Mad Steph is bloody hawt!

Just sayin' like...
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:52 am

steph wrote:

not really, maybe if everyone just went & fucked themselves, they wouldn't be up their own asses about what some musician said instead! cheers

i dont think brian is just "some musician" to anyone here
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:53 am

WingsForWheels wrote:
steph wrote:

He is, to me. A musician, I rate highly, but nothing more than a musician.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:53 am

Klown wrote:
Mad Steph is bloody hawt!

Just sayin' like...

AND I'M JUST GETTING STARTED, FOR BLOODY MADE-UP DEITY'S SAKE!!!!
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:55 am

WingsForWheels wrote:

I think that's pretty clear. Perhaps a little bit TOO clear.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:56 am

Klown wrote:
WingsForWheels wrote:
steph wrote:

He is, to me. A musician, I rate highly, but nothing more than a musician.

AGREED. no matter how much i love his music, i think that is part of Brian Fallon's conflict here. in a way, he feels like we do. yet there are people who "worship" him for expressing himself the way that he does, which "creeps" him out, as it would most of us. but a certain portion of the fans take it personally for whatever stupid reason & think Brian Fallon has nothing better to do w/ his time than to insult his fans. blahhhhh blahhh blahhhhh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next