DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fans of The Gaslight Anthem Map

Go down 
+5
steph
simo
PFREEZY
steady now steady now
ral
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

Fans of The Gaslight Anthem Map Empty
PostSubject: Fans of The Gaslight Anthem Map   Fans of The Gaslight Anthem Map Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 5:52 pm

Figured this was worth putting in its own thread...

Paul/PFREEZY created this map via Google to show where everyone's from.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=110837059230477518438.000483ba7c0152d7e7d05

Here are the steps to add yourself to it.

1. Search for your city/zip code, doesn't have to be your full address or anything.
2. In the top left, click on "Save to..." and select "Fans of The Gaslight Anthem"
3. Now click on "View Map", then "Edit" and select your entry.
4. Edit the title with your name/username and the body with the city info.
5. Click "Done" when finished to save everything.

Should be easy enough but if you have trouble, post and I'll try to help you out.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Fans of The Gaslight Anthem Map   Fans of The Gaslight Anthem Map Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 6:40 pm

I tried the 'save as', but it's asking me to log into my google account (I don't have one and I don't want one)

Last edited by steady now steady now on Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Fans of The Gaslight Anthem Map   Fans of The Gaslight Anthem Map Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 7:02 pm

I think you may need a google account. I'd give everyone my login, but it is connected to my paypal and id like to keep that private. If no one makes a gmail account for dimestorsaints I will when i get time/ remember
Back to top Go down
http://freezy.tumblr.com
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Fans of The Gaslight Anthem Map   Fans of The Gaslight Anthem Map Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 7:15 pm

Obviously you need an account to edit the map. I can't imagine any downside to having an account but if anyone doesn't and would like to be included, post or PM your name and city and I can add you.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Fans of The Gaslight Anthem Map   Fans of The Gaslight Anthem Map Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 8:55 pm

I could've sworn we already had one of these.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Fans of The Gaslight Anthem Map   Fans of The Gaslight Anthem Map Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 1:47 am

i click "view map" but i dont see anywhere that says "edit"
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Fans of The Gaslight Anthem Map   Fans of The Gaslight Anthem Map Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 1:47 am

simo wrote:

no, ive mentioned it a few times, but this is the first time anyone's actually created a map.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Fans of The Gaslight Anthem Map   Fans of The Gaslight Anthem Map Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 1:55 am

i think i clicked "edit" on the wrong thing, and changed the name of the map. haha...oops. this shit is confusing!!

* ahh, i finally figured it out. thanks ral & pfreezy for making the map, posting about it, and giving us directions!!

on a side note, anyone know why some of our posts allow us to delete them and others only give the delete option??
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Fans of The Gaslight Anthem Map   Fans of The Gaslight Anthem Map Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 4:46 am

steph wrote:
on a side note, anyone know why some of our posts allow us to delete them and others only give the delete option??

hu?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Fans of The Gaslight Anthem Map   Fans of The Gaslight Anthem Map Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:18 am

steph wrote:
simo wrote:

no, ive mentioned it a few times, but this is the first time anyone's actually created a map.

I still know I've seen one. But now I can't find it. I think it was built into the forum somewhere.
Back to top Go down
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Fans of The Gaslight Anthem Map   Fans of The Gaslight Anthem Map Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 1:42 pm

ral wrote:
Obviously you need an account to edit the map. I can't imagine any downside to having an account but if anyone doesn't and would like to be included, post or PM your name and city and I can add you.

Yes, I like that idea more.
Back to top Go down
http://freezy.tumblr.com
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Fans of The Gaslight Anthem Map   Fans of The Gaslight Anthem Map Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 2:06 pm

simo wrote:
steph wrote:
simo wrote:

I still know I've seen one. But now I can't find it. I think it was built into the forum somewhere.

If you click into the 'Who's online?' page at the bottom of the forum index, there's a map showing where all people currently viewing the board are roughly located.
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Fans of The Gaslight Anthem Map   Fans of The Gaslight Anthem Map Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 3:02 pm

So there is.

Except I don't live anywhere near Grimsby/Scunthorpe like that map suggests...
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Fans of The Gaslight Anthem Map   Fans of The Gaslight Anthem Map Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 3:59 pm

Yeah. It says I'm in Limrick which is a (relatively) long way away. I reckon it's for privacy/confidentiality/safety of visitors to the site.
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: Fans of The Gaslight Anthem Map   Fans of The Gaslight Anthem Map Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 6:13 pm

Guess I'm the only person in the best part of the US..... the Pacific Northwest!!!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Fans of The Gaslight Anthem Map   Fans of The Gaslight Anthem Map Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 11:28 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
steph wrote:

hu?

haha. i meant why some allow us to delete them and others only give the edit option
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Fans of The Gaslight Anthem Map   Fans of The Gaslight Anthem Map Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 4:34 pm

cool, thanks for doing this
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fans of The Gaslight Anthem Map   Fans of The Gaslight Anthem Map Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fans of The Gaslight Anthem Map
Page 1 of 1