DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)

Go down 
+34
clr
Jerseyrain
NYYFAN523
azlisa
Labhras
Emusic
fullcollapse
simo
DiamondSinatra
bringiton
smetz224
bringiton_ty
dmac
OldManShoes3
SubconsciousRitual
Steve70s
NeverTrustAJunkie
MKULTRA
Jack
Michael Hann
Christophe
Harbortown
IrishNameAndAnInjury
steph
Klown
White Man In Hammersmith
saltandburn1967
njguy99
The Angry Johnny Revue
enola
Holland
StitchesOnTheRadio
Shrewsbury_Stars
LuceroDiehard
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
SubconsciousRitual
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
SubconsciousRitual

The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 11:41 am

I can’t take anything this guy wrote seriously. It was decent of him to apologize, but he used the Middle East example to set the tone of this article (that first paragraph is just awful) with star struck teenagers and it’s not an accurate depiction, so I can’t assume anything that comes after it is an accurate recounting either.

Girls who are short/small like to be up front so they can see and not get crushed. A music writer, who presumably goes to a lot of shows, and who plausibly knows or has known some females that go to shows, should know this. It’s also pretty normal to sing along and look at the singer. Guys do it too, and there were plenty there that night which he didn’t see or find worth mentioning. To me the whole thing comes across as him just spinning a tale the way he wanted to, which is pretty standard for the press.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 11:45 am

SubconsciousRitual wrote:
I can’t take anything this guy wrote seriously. It was decent of him to apologize, but he used the Middle East example to set the tone of this article (that first paragraph is just awful) with star struck teenagers and it’s not an accurate depiction, so I can’t assume anything that comes after it is an accurate recounting either.

Girls who are short/small like to be up front so they can see and not get crushed. A music writer, who presumably goes to a lot of shows, and who plausibly knows or has known some females that go to shows, should know this. It’s also pretty normal to sing along and look at the singer. Guys do it too, and there were plenty there that night which he didn’t see or find worth mentioning. To me the whole thing comes across as him just spinning a tale the way he wanted to, which is pretty standard for the press.

Clap Clap Clap
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 2:54 pm

JackStreetcar wrote:
steph wrote:
JackStreetcar wrote:
Matt L wrote:
So the basic consensus of this thread is that Brian is creeped out by the act of being put on a pedestal and that Shelby's cute?

Basically.

I have to say...I'm glad I read this article, because Brian has never voiced his opinion on fan relations.

Seriously, this is the same guy that (before he met Eddie Vedder) said excitedly on a radio interview, "Ohhh and I bet he's a nice guy, too!" That's (generally speaking) all any fan of any band wants. We want to think that the people in the band are generally nice guys. Hey, Brian, you also wrote a love letter to Joe Strummer in the form of a song that some might find "creepy". Relax, dude.

And I know it's not the same thing, but I go outside and talk to audience members after a performance of a play. Every night. I had one of

f night where I needed to be alone, but even then I sucked it up enough to just say hi to the people that wanted to talk to me. I've had weird dudes follow me around afterward and girls hanging too close for comfort, but it's not a big deal, because MOST PEOPLE AREN'T LIKE THAT. They just want to show appreciation for your art. That's it.

EDIT: Also, am I reading that wrong or did he refer to Hot Water Music as part of the NJ punk scene?

"ohh and i bet he's a nice guy!", yet based off of one interivew, he's not a nice guy?

also, creepy? go fuck yourself. who care if Joe Strummer found that song creepy, what i find creepy, is that you are so deeply analyzing someone else's motives to search so deeply just to insult them.

oh you talk to "fans" of your "play"?? that's completely on par! cause not only do THAT MANY HORNY FUCKING TRANSPARENT PEOPLE want to talk to you as they do to Brian, but being in some minor league "play" is totally comparable to being in a band that is blowing up, popularity-wise. totally the same, you might as well be Brian Fucking Fallon Himself Shocked

You have very poor reading comprehension skills and you're reacting far too emotionally to a fairly well-reasoned post. I was calm when I wrote that, but somehow I imagine you digging your fingernails into each key, scratching off the F key in the process.

Hmm...I may fuck myself today. Depends how horny I get the rest of the morning. Don't worry, I'll keep you posted if it's that important to you, sugar.

Quit being a bitch to everyone Steph. Jesus, Jack presented his argument in a calm, collective way. God, your bullshit on this forum is so annoying.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 2:54 pm

Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 3:02 pm

Posting links to provide support to your argument is frowned upon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
OldManShoes3
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
OldManShoes3

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 3:10 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

Haha probably the greatest song of all time when you're really, really pissed off.

I didn't read every post, but my opinion on this is that the creepy thing was definitely taken out of context. He just meant it was weird to him that he's become someone people look up to, not that the fans were creepy for doing it. But on the other hand, they are definitely bringing up this subject way too much and it's starting to get annoying. Brian seems impatient and stressed lately, not quite like how he was back in T59S days. Probably wouldn't hurt him to take a little break, he's been working nonstop between Gaslight and THC.
Back to top Go down
dmac
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 3:32 pm

I think the fact that so many people are all up-in-arms about this accurately reflects what Brian is saying in this interview and the Rolling Stone interview.
Back to top Go down
http://dmmaaacccc.tumblr.com
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 3:33 pm

I dont really see how it reflects that all
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 3:35 pm

I also think the fact that it was cleared up, and still people are over-reacting, says more about the people, than anything. This isn't even me going on and on, defending my opinion, it's actual fact that has already been stated. You fell for a nobody 'journo' looking for his webhits.

But sure...
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 3:43 pm

i really dont see why people get so worked up over anothers opinion. Thats what makes us awesome. Both had valid points in my opinion. DIsagree or agree if you will and move on, no need to get emotionally attatched/insulted to others opinions that dont match yours , Your on a fan forum not living together haha and if your here then your a "fan" im guessing and we all share a common interest
Back to top Go down
dmac
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 3:45 pm

Klown wrote:
I also think the fact that it was cleared up, and still people are over-reacting, says more about the people, than anything.

Shrug.
I can't stop people from over-reacting.
They can't change the way Brian feels.

End.
Back to top Go down
http://dmmaaacccc.tumblr.com
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 3:48 pm

JackStreetcar wrote:
steph wrote:
JackStreetcar wrote:
Matt L wrote:
So the basic consensus of this thread is that Brian is creeped out by the act of being put on a pedestal and that Shelby's cute?

Basically.

I have to say...I'm glad I read this article, because Brian has never voiced his opinion on fan relations.

Seriously, this is the same guy that (before he met Eddie Vedder) said excitedly on a radio interview, "Ohhh and I bet he's a nice guy, too!" That's (generally speaking) all any fan of any band wants. We want to think that the people in the band are generally nice guys. Hey, Brian, you also wrote a love letter to Joe Strummer in the form of a song that some might find "creepy". Relax, dude.

And I know it's not the same thing, but I go outside and talk to audience members after a performance of a play. Every night. I had one of

f night where I needed to be alone, but even then I sucked it up enough to just say hi to the people that wanted to talk to me. I've had weird dudes follow me around afterward and girls hanging too close for comfort, but it's not a big deal, because MOST PEOPLE AREN'T LIKE THAT. They just want to show appreciation for your art. That's it.

EDIT: Also, am I reading that wrong or did he refer to Hot Water Music as part of the NJ punk scene?

"ohh and i bet he's a nice guy!", yet based off of one interivew, he's not a nice guy?

also, creepy? go fuck yourself. who care if Joe Strummer found that song creepy, what i find creepy, is that you are so deeply analyzing someone else's motives to search so deeply just to insult them.

oh you talk to "fans" of your "play"?? that's completely on par! cause not only do THAT MANY HORNY FUCKING TRANSPARENT PEOPLE want to talk to you as they do to Brian, but being in some minor league "play" is totally comparable to being in a band that is blowing up, popularity-wise. totally the same, you might as well be Brian Fucking Fallon Himself Shocked

You have very poor reading comprehension skills and you're reacting far too emotionally to a fairly well-reasoned post. I was calm when I wrote that, but somehow I imagine you digging your fingernails into each key, scratching off the F key in the process.

Hmm...I may fuck myself today. Depends how horny I get the rest of the morning. Don't worry, I'll keep you posted if it's that important to you, sugar.

not totally sober when i posted that, my apologies, Jack. i still feel the way i feel, albeit not so venomous Razz
Back to top Go down
smetz224
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 3:55 pm

I'm not really sure what Brian's looking for in a fan at this point. He doesn't want to be friends with fans, so don't try to buy him a beer, and he doesn't want fans to look up to him, yet he still wants to play in stadiums? Sounds like he doesn't really know what he wants, just my two cents
Back to top Go down
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson
White Man In Hammersmith

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:01 pm

I feel this is coming to an end (until the next interview is published anyway haha). I think some people have gone a bit too far on this one, getting personal and taking things to heart. But I'm glad the mods didn't lock it as has tended to happen in the past. Everyone had their say and I'm done now Wink
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:11 pm

steph wrote:
JackStreetcar wrote:
steph wrote:
JackStreetcar wrote:
Matt L wrote:

Basically.

not totally sober when i posted that, my apologies, Jack. i still feel the way i feel, albeit not so venomous Razz

No worries. I'm not holding any grudges. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:20 pm

JackStreetcar wrote:

No worries. I'm not holding any grudges. Cool

Smile
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:46 pm

The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 5 1503s10
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:48 pm

^^haha yes that.
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 5:03 pm

haha!
Back to top Go down
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson
White Man In Hammersmith

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 5:33 pm

What a beautiful conclusion Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 5:34 pm

Klown wrote:
The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 5 1503s10

It is a lovely conclusion, and it needs to be quoted on this page...so that this thread dies.
Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:07 pm

I don't care what all this means, or what Brian says ultimately, I'd just feel awkward waiting around at a show. Like he didn't really want to be meeting me. I mean all I'm looking for is maybe a photo, or a signed record. Reading interviews over the years he's said a lot of stuff that's helped me, or put things into perspective. I don't know to be his best friends, I just want to be able to have a word with him if I happened to bump into him and not feel like I was being a dick about it.

Like another band I know, had a number two album on a major label, who have played an arena, and are playing similar size gigs as Gaslight. I've met the lead singer three or four times, randomly, and after a show, and he just recognizes the fact that we stood our in the cold for an hour, has a few words, a picture, signs our ticket and is on his way. He chats to me on twitter and got me into a radio session, I don't see the harm in that, but ultimately it's up to Brian.
Back to top Go down
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 12:41 am

bringiton wrote:
I don't care what all this means, or what Brian says ultimately, I'd just feel awkward waiting around at a show. Like he didn't really want to be meeting me. I mean all I'm looking for is maybe a photo, or a signed record. Reading interviews over the years he's said a lot of stuff that's helped me, or put things into perspective. I don't know to be his best friends, I just want to be able to have a word with him if I happened to bump into him and not feel like I was being a dick about it.

Like another band I know, had a number two album on a major label, who have played an arena, and are playing similar size gigs as Gaslight. I've met the lead singer three or four times, randomly, and after a show, and he just recognizes the fact that we stood our in the cold for an hour, has a few words, a picture, signs our ticket and is on his way. He chats to me on twitter and got me into a radio session, I don't see the harm in that, but ultimately it's up to Brian.

I agree with this. This may not have been directed to any one fan, but I think all of us who have showed dedication to what they do took what he said to heart.

To those saying the columnist might've spun the quote, if that were the case he would've said something by now, like when it happened to Frank Turner.

I don't know man, this isn't the Brian we're used to.
Back to top Go down
http://www.robdirienzo.com
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 1:23 am

Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 2:14 am

chaingangchorus wrote:
bringiton wrote:

I agree with this. This may not have been directed to any one fan, but I think all of us who have showed dedication to what they do took what he said to heart.

To those saying the columnist might've spun the quote, if that were the case he would've said something by now, like when it happened to Frank Turner.

I don't know man, this isn't the Brian we're used to.

I don't think he spun the quote so much as the lack of context makes it sound worse. I think it came off as "I don't know why these weirdos want to bug me after shows" and in context (from what the writer has said ) it sounds more like he really meant "I don't know how to handle it so I'm kind of freakin' out a bit". In which case, he probably doesn't think he was misquoted (if he's even read it). Therefore, he'd only speak up if he realized how so many of us were taking it.

But, given that we don't know exactly what's running through his head and we do know that something about the process weirds him out, it does give me pause too regarding approaching him after shows. Even if he's not being a jerk, why would I want to do something (like approach him) if it makes him uncomfortable?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next