DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Handwritten' music video thread.

Go down 
+49
Harbortown
theBasemen
Jerseyrain
40 Miler
azlisa
Jeff
Midnight Rambler
rgillies
ral
NYYFAN523
ghosttocoast
kirstyt
Camus
Big D
COCO
gtalbott
Tusseto
JJW319
simo
Klown
Breanne
DeathoftheCool
A_Regular
Bea
Velocity
kevin_slack
IKeeptheDiner
steady now steady now
DiamondSinatra
enola
White Man In Hammersmith
IrishNameAndAnInjury
StitchesOnTheRadio
Jack
JimmyB
plugga
NeverTrustAJunkie
Daire
Debonair
Holland
The Angry Johnny Revue
njguy99
saltandburn1967
bringiton
acousticbandit
jdc
Shrewsbury_Stars
thomas94
Erik Drost
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:37 pm

yeah I don't think they are haha. I'm just really curious why they need to definitely be able to play.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 12:44 am

It'll look better if they know how to play. If they don't have any experience, it'll just look awkward.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 1:12 am

IKeeptheDiner wrote:
It'll look better if they know how to play. If they don't have any experience, it'll just look awkward.

True but what are they playing? I'm just having trouble picturing where this "shot of a random band playing something" is going to go in the context of a music video (I'm not including the short film aspect in this question)
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 2:45 pm

HEY! I just got cast as an extra. They're casting extras today. They asked me to show up Tuesday around 1. Pretty sure she said it was being shot in Hoboken. She's gonna email me exact details. But they need more people! The casting director asked me to bring a friend who is also a fan if possible. Anyone interested? Its for a scene where they need fans in a crowd I believe. The band will NOT be in this part of the video but it's supposedly going to be used in both the music vid and the film.

I'll have more details Monday but if anyone else wants to be in it let me know!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 2:48 pm

Wow Shelby, that's so cool! Congratulations! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 2:52 pm

Yup, I got cast as an extra too! By the way, the place in Hoboken is Maxwell's if anyone was wondering. It's something of a historic venue and it's had a lot of great artists play there over the years. Definitely excited for this, even if I thought I should've been Tyler haha.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 2:54 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
HEY! I just got cast as an extra. They're casting extras today. They asked me to show up Tuesday around 1. Pretty sure she said it was being shot in Hoboken. She's gonna email me exact details. But they need more people! The casting director asked me to bring a friend who is also a fan if possible. Anyone interested? Its for a scene where they need fans in a crowd I believe. The band will NOT be in this part of the video but it's supposedly going to be used in both the music vid and the film.

I'll have more details Monday but if anyone else wants to be in it let me know!

What time?
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 2:55 pm

1 PM and then it's probably ending around 5 PM. But this is a bit more official, so you have to actually contact them and sign some paperwork and stuff beforehand. Or at least that's what she told me.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 3:05 pm

JohnnyC wrote:
1 PM and then it's probably ending around 5 PM. But this is a bit more official, so you have to actually contact them and sign some paperwork and stuff beforehand. Or at least that's what she told me.

Yeah what he said. I was told to try and get someone else "like a guy friend who is also a fan". It's definitely not a "just show up" sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 3:17 pm

Congratulations, Johnny! Very Happy It's so cool that the DSS will be represented in this video!
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 3:24 pm

Awesome! I'd totally do it if I wasn't stuck at work until 4.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 3:30 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Wow Shelby, that's so cool! Congratulations! Very Happy

Thanks Shannon!

Glad you're still getting to be in it Johnny! I'll see you there! Gotta represent DSS.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 3:42 pm

Absolutely! I kinda hope we'll get to hear the full version of the song, but I don't want to get my hopes up for something that won't happen.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 3:43 pm

Also, side note, I really wish I could change my username on here to what my actual name is haha. It's Jack, by the way. When I registered I was just a strange kid who thought I needed a stage name for my music so I picked Johnny haha.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 3:43 pm

JohnnyC wrote:
Also, side note, I really wish I could change my username on here to what my actual name is haha. It's Jack, by the way. When I registered I was just a strange kid who thought I needed a stage name for my music so I picked Johnny haha.

Haha, that's understandable. I'll try to remember to call you Jack from now on. Razz
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 3:44 pm

I just figured out how to do it haha. I'll put something in my signature so people know who the hell I am.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 3:46 pm

JackStreetcar wrote:
I just figured out how to do it haha. I'll put something in my signature so people know who the hell I am.

lol! Good plan!
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 3:53 pm

I have little doubt the two of you will represent us well!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 4:09 pm

njguy99 wrote:
I have little doubt the two of you will represent us well!

Thanks! We'll do our best!

Jack I hope we hear it too! At least we might have some idea of what a part of the video will be like. I'm wondering if we'll be cheering for this "other band".
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Yeah, I'm sure we will be cheering for the other band haha. As long as it's not just generic "rock" music that three scraggly-haired teens are miming to I'll be good to go.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 4:33 pm

JackStreetcar wrote:
Yeah, I'm sure we will be cheering for the other band haha. As long as it's not just generic "rock" music that three scraggly-haired teens are miming to I'll be good to go.

Hahaha. Yeah I don't know if I can act well enough for THAT. They should just play a gaslight song over a sound system & have these guys mime something else.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 4:40 pm

JackStreetcar wrote:

Hahaha. Yeah I don't know if I can act well enough for THAT. They should just play a gaslight song over a sound system & have these guys mime something else.

Yeah...or if they REALLY want us to get excited they could just, you know, let us hear the whole record.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 4:50 pm

JackStreetcar wrote:
JackStreetcar wrote:

Yeah...or if they REALLY want us to get excited they could just, you know, let us hear the whole record.

We should be like "it's the only thing that will give us the proper motivation" haha
Back to top Go down
kevin_slack
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 7:16 pm

Hey guys - glad some of you will be able to make it out on Tuesday. Sorry the band won't be there though, they can't because of their tight scheduling this month but hopefully it'll be fun anyways!

Don't be shy and definitely come say hey. I'll be the lanky pale red head running around.

-Kevin

Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 8:24 pm

kevin_slack wrote:
Hey guys - glad some of you will be able to make it out on Tuesday. Sorry the band won't be there though, they can't because of their tight scheduling this month but hopefully it'll be fun anyways!

Don't be shy and definitely come say hey. I'll be the lanky pale red head running around.

-Kevin

Thanks for letting us be apart of it Kevin! See you there!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Handwritten' music video thread.
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next