DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Handwritten' music video thread.

Go down 
+49
Harbortown
theBasemen
Jerseyrain
40 Miler
azlisa
Jeff
Midnight Rambler
rgillies
ral
NYYFAN523
ghosttocoast
kirstyt
Camus
Big D
COCO
gtalbott
Tusseto
JJW319
simo
Klown
Breanne
DeathoftheCool
A_Regular
Bea
Velocity
kevin_slack
IKeeptheDiner
steady now steady now
DiamondSinatra
enola
White Man In Hammersmith
IrishNameAndAnInjury
StitchesOnTheRadio
Jack
JimmyB
plugga
NeverTrustAJunkie
Daire
Debonair
Holland
The Angry Johnny Revue
njguy99
saltandburn1967
bringiton
acousticbandit
jdc
Shrewsbury_Stars
thomas94
Erik Drost
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 7:39 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
I'm glad the label forced them into the video Razz

Me too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 3:28 pm

worth a read

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2824682

Quote :
We recently sat down and talked with the men behind The Gaslight Anthem's new video for "Handwritten." The video hit Vevo in the UK/Europe yesterday, and will be available in the US on Friday. The concept came from Gaslight drummer Benny Horowitz, and was directed by Kevin Slack. Check the replies to learn a little more about the process behind the film.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 3:52 pm

I hope Mercury has enough clout to actually get this played on the major music video channels. There are enough crappy videos being shown by lesser bands.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
40 Miler
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 5:16 pm

Benny's at the till in the record shop at the end! ahaha!
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 5:24 pm

ral wrote:
worth a read

Quote :
We recently sat down and talked with the men behind The Gaslight Anthem's new video for "Handwritten." The video hit Vevo in the UK/Europe yesterday, and will be available in the US on Friday. The concept came from Gaslight drummer Benny Horowitz, and was directed by Kevin Slack. Check the replies to learn a little more about the process behind the film.

Great interview! Love that part:
As you've seen in many of their lyrics, the band is a huge fan of vinyl records and romanticizing the idea of owning one. This was their love letter to things that are handmade or handwritten.

And The video is just beautiful in my opinion. Hope it gets a lot of airplay ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 5:25 pm

ral wrote:
worth a read

Quote :

Very interesting interview. How long until Benny starts directing the band's videos?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 5:39 pm

Love the song, love the video. Great story, beautifully filmed, can't wait for the short film.

But please, when people play electric guitars, plug them in! There's no harm in showing a lead and an amp.
Back to top Go down
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 11:49 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
Love the song, love the video. Great story, beautifully filmed, can't wait for the short film.

But please, when people play electric guitars, plug them in! There's no harm in showing a lead and an amp.

In the show scene it was plugged in...
Back to top Go down
http://www.robdirienzo.com
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 12:03 am

chaingangchorus wrote:

but not on. The only one actually playing was the drummer.
Back to top Go down
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 12:42 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
chaingangchorus wrote:

Well everyone was playing, but the sound wasn't even used so I guess it doesn't matter if the amp was on or not hut it was there
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 1:17 am

chaingangchorus wrote:
chaingangchorus wrote:

Well everyone was playing, but the sound wasn't even used so I guess it doesn't matter if the amp was on or not hut it was there

true, but everyone else could have been playing 3 different songs. the drummer had to play something that resembled the real part or it would have thrown everyone off. otherwise what would be the point of listening to the recording.

Ps. I can't listen to The Patient Ferris Wheel and not picture this actor now. It's weird haha.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 1:28 am

John and Travis, the guys in the band on guitar and bass, actually learned the song for the shoot. Even though you couldn't hear them, they knew it.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 2:52 am

IKeeptheDiner wrote:
John and Travis, the guys in the band on guitar and bass, actually learned the song for the shoot. Even though you couldn't hear them, they knew it.

That's cool that they put in that kind of effort. Although I could hear the lead singer and there were a handful of words he didn't know/get right, but I can't fault him because I've been a fan for a few years and I still f*ck up the words to a lot of their songs haha.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 5:12 am

The video was awesome, looking forward to the short film!!!

I really want to watch it again. Ive only heard Handwritten twice through and I don't want to overlisten the song before im listening the actual album.

So Im being strong.
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 5:52 am

chaingangchorus wrote:

I wasn't refering to the show scene, but to the shots of Alex R. and Alex L.
Back to top Go down
theBasemen
A Contender
A Contender
theBasemen

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 7:17 am

Wonderful video! The first thing I noticed was my own record-player... It's the one owned by the second kid who gets the record.

The first time I saw the video, I couldn't read what was written on the record-cover by the girl, while it is showed a bit short, I paused the clip and saw the girl's name was Riley.. Maybe a little hint on the Baba O-song?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Naked-Sweat-Drips/259797094
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 8:56 am

Ive watched it once more and for all of you having a go at Brians hand movements I guess they are a bit bit cheesy but not too much, I think they help him convey the emotion of the song. If he was simply just sat there it wouldnt have the same effect. Just the same as if Brian just stood on stage and sang the songs live. When you see him live he still does arm gestures, actions and facial expressions. Just because its on film doesnt make it that much different
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 1:45 pm

Jerseyrain wrote:
Ive watched it once more and for all of you having a go at Brians hand movements I guess they are a bit bit cheesy but not too much, I think they help him convey the emotion of the song. If he was simply just sat there it wouldnt have the same effect. Just the same as if Brian just stood on stage and sang the songs live. When you see him live he still does arm gestures, actions and facial expressions. Just because its on film doesnt make it that much different

Exactly. I think it looks really silly and really cheesy, and I personally think that makes the video wonderful.
Back to top Go down
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson
White Man In Hammersmith

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 2:15 pm

No one was having a go, just having a bit of laugh. To me they seem forced and too repetitive, I personally wouldn't have had him sat on a chair for the whole video, but that's just me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 5:07 pm

Alex Levine must have been a refridgerator salesman before Gaslight Anthem because he carries cool like a pro, god damn.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 8:49 pm

I still can't see the video...why don't they just stop being silly bastards and make it easily available?
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 12:14 am

Harbortown wrote:
Alex Levine must have been a refridgerator salesman before Gaslight Anthem because he carries cool like a pro, god damn.

That is the radest thing I have ever heard anyone say. Hahahah awesome.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 12:37 am

Staylucky43 wrote:
Benny's at the till in the record shop at the end! ahaha!

Seriously? I though that and then was like "nah, can't be". That's funny.
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:32 am

JackStreetcar wrote:
I still can't see the video...why don't they just stop being silly bastards and make it easily available?

i used one of those portals to watch it...i'm in the us and it worked
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
Jeff
A Contender
A Contender
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 1:08 pm

This link's working for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Handwritten' music video thread.
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next