DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Handwritten' music video thread.

Go down 
+49
Harbortown
theBasemen
Jerseyrain
40 Miler
azlisa
Jeff
Midnight Rambler
rgillies
ral
NYYFAN523
ghosttocoast
kirstyt
Camus
Big D
COCO
gtalbott
Tusseto
JJW319
simo
Klown
Breanne
DeathoftheCool
A_Regular
Bea
Velocity
kevin_slack
IKeeptheDiner
steady now steady now
DiamondSinatra
enola
White Man In Hammersmith
IrishNameAndAnInjury
StitchesOnTheRadio
Jack
JimmyB
plugga
NeverTrustAJunkie
Daire
Debonair
Holland
The Angry Johnny Revue
njguy99
saltandburn1967
bringiton
acousticbandit
jdc
Shrewsbury_Stars
thomas94
Erik Drost
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 2:12 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
i'm really curious about this video now from how many characters there are and the fact that they want people who can actually play in a band. Seems a little odd considering uh TGA is a band and it's a music video for them. Why is there another band thats supposed to be in it? Guess I gotta just trust Kevin Slack since he's never done us wrong before.

Is anyone trying for any roles?

It's a short film that parts of which will be used to be made into the video - if I'm understanding correctly. (am i?) So we get two for one! Very Happy so gaslight might not be in the film but maybe we'll see them in the music video.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 3:04 pm

Debonair wrote:
i'm really curious about this video now from how many characters there are and the fact that they want people who can actually play in a band. Seems a little odd considering uh TGA is a band and it's a music video for them. Why is there another band thats supposed to be in it? Guess I gotta just trust Kevin Slack since he's never done us wrong before.

It's a short film that parts of which will be used to be made into the video - if I'm understanding correctly. (am i?) So we get two for one! Very Happy so gaslight might not be in the film but maybe we'll see them in the music video.

That's what I was thinking too. I'm really excited about seeing how the short film and the music video turn out. I love the fact that it's set in the 60s and I think it sounds like it'll be really cool.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 3:19 pm

Agree, it really looks interesting. I trust kevin!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 5:20 pm

Debonair wrote:

Yeah that's how I understood it too I'm just not sure I've ever heard of something quite like this before so it just seems odd (not in a bad way). I would just expect there to be either a music video with a story or a short film that is made based on a song but not affliated with the band. I guess my only fear is I don't wanna see some other random band "pretending" to be Gaslight. I don't mean like covering the song in the video I mean like in the characters of the video, they represent TGA. However as a film seperatly, ok. Idk just sounds like a weird way to market TGA, that's all. But who knows.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 6:29 pm

I would try out except for one thing....I don't have long stringy hair. But I can pull off the brooding look-anyone who has seen my pics know what Imean,.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 8:39 pm

Yep...Tyler. Also feel like I could be one of the band members pretty easily, unless they're deadset on very long hair (mine's long for what I'm used to, but it's not heavy metal-long, if that makes sense).

I also have a decent resume, other than the fact that the role basically perfectly describes me.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 8:49 pm

JohnnyC wrote:

Yep...Tyler. Also feel like I could be one of the band members pretty easily, unless they're deadset on very long hair (mine's long for what I'm used to, but it's not heavy metal-long, if that makes sense).

I also have a decent resume, other than the fact that the role basically perfectly describes me.

That's awesome! Good luck! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 9:07 pm

I would have taken a road trip to audition but...they don't have anyone that fits my description. Why couldn't they have had a jock type.... Sad
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 12:19 am

Yeah, I could have done the record store girl and I'm. Living in NYC right now but the only stuff I'd have tp put on a resume would be high school plays and I'm working 3 of the 5 days they're shooting so it probably wouldn't work out. Part of me is still debating trying for it though.

Best of Luck JohhnyC! It'd be really cool if someone from here got to be in it.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 12:45 am

Yeah, I could have done the record store girl and I'm. Living in NYC right now but the only stuff I'd have tp put on a resume would be high school plays and I'm working 3 of the 5 days they're shooting so it probably wouldn't work out. Part of me is still debating trying for it though.

Best of Luck JohhnyC! It'd be really cool if someone from here got to be in it.

Thanks! Yeah, I don't know how they're working it, but if I can just get an audition I'm pretty confident. Honestly, it's like...I feel like this video (and song, of course) have the chance to be pretty incredible and I want a chance to make that happen, or at least do my part. I get annoyed at my actor friends who talk all the time about "exposure" and "getting discovered" and bullshit like that. It's not why anyone should be doing it in the first place.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 5:02 am

Break a leg, JohnnyC!
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 9:52 am

hope you get the part Johnny, it should be worth doing just for the experience!
Back to top Go down
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson
White Man In Hammersmith

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 12:35 pm

Hope you get the part Johnny! When you do, post updates on here Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 1:20 pm

Did any of you see Kevin's tweets about the project? He's pretty excited Smile

I trust him that it will be AWESOME! Will be interesting to see how the actors turn out now the we read the requirements. We need to do a side by side when it's shot *lol*
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 2:46 pm

Haha thanks, guys! There's nothing like that awesomely awkward wait to hear back from something like this.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:06 am

Kevin Slack just posted on twitter asking if any dimestore saints responded to the casting call for extras for the video.
Back to top Go down
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:37 am

I responded asking when and where. If I get a response, I'll post it here. The Craigslist ad was kinda vague.
Back to top Go down
http://www.robdirienzo.com
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:49 am

chaingangchorus wrote:
I responded asking when and where. If I get a response, I'll post it here. The Craigslist ad was kinda vague.

I sent an email too but I just responded to his tweet to tell him I did and to say I'd mention it on here so if you've only sent an email you should probably hit him up on twitter. I haven't heard back yet on there though either.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 1:43 am

Kevin responded. He said they haven't reached out to those who emailed about being extras yet but they will soon and he was happy I mentioned it on here. I assume that either mean they're desperate for people or it means they wanna make sure the people they do get are real fans.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 8:30 am

Depending on how it's structured, maybe they need a lot of extras? I wonder if part of the shoot will be a concert scene with fans screaming at the fake-gaslight teens?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 9:48 am

Kevin Slack just posted on twitter asking if any dimestore saints responded to the casting call for extras for the video.

people in the know clearly know that we are the people that matter Clap
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:13 pm

njguy99 wrote:
Depending on how it's structured, maybe they need a lot of extras? I wonder if part of the shoot will be a concert scene with fans screaming at the fake-gaslight teens?

I'm not sure my acting skills are that great that I could fake being into a bunch of random dudes pretending to be gaslight. That would just bum me out haha.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 9:38 pm

njguy99 wrote:

I'm not sure my acting skills are that great that I could fake being into a bunch of random dudes pretending to be gaslight. That would just bum me out haha.

Are they really pretending to be Gaslight? I mean, I know you were saying it facetiously, but I just assumed it was going to be some kids trying to learn the song. Because of that thing that Brian said..."I picture a kid sitting on his bed with headphones on trying to figure out the chords". So maybe it's sort of that type of thing.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 9:40 pm

kevin is awesome. end of story.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:47 pm

plugga wrote:
kevin is awesome. end of story.

Seconded.

As far as the actor-band playing Gaslight, I don't think they are. Pretty sure its more to deal with the plot of the short film.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' music video thread.   'Handwritten' music video thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Handwritten' music video thread.
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next